Waste of time

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

DumbotheDarkWizard #201 Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

So Awesome

• 11001 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCarabao, on 22 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

The problem with people in general is that they always want to change the system so that it would cater to their interests even if the system is working fine because they always want to have more than what they deserve. In this game, what you are earning is proportional to what you can actually do. If you want gold in clan wars then be competitive in clan wars, if you want more bonuses in stronghold then be more competitive in stronghold. It is always as simple as that but the less competitive always want to have what the more competitive have even though they don't have the necessary skills to actually earn it so in order to have what the more competitive have, the less competitive would want to change the system and whine, whine, whine instead of trying to improve so that they can be more competitive and can eventually earn the more bonuses they are seeking. 

Again, improve and adapt instead of asking the system to adapt to you. 

Mate, i fully agree that these kind of rewards should not be given away lightly (as can be seen in a few recent threads, including this one, where i call people out for want what they don't deserve) but they way it is currently (tier 10 for stronks defense) pushes clans away for joining the competitive scene (which is what most of us understand as the goal for stronks, getting people into the competetive side of the game) instead of enticing them. Changing defence battles to tier 8 (my suggestion) or to a stepped system (tier 6 for up to tier 6 buildings, tier 8 for up to tier 8 buildings and tier 10 for the rest) changes that. It is not stupid tiers but at the same time you really have to earn the higher rewards. This would give clans that don't have the tank selection (not super serious clans) the chance to be competitive. Clans that are bad@tonks will still not be able to earn the higher rewards because they don't have the skill.   

TL;DR - We want it to be competitive but at the same time welcoming smaller clans into the competitive scene

Fendalton #202 Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:32 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11382 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK
There is so much mis-communication in this thread, it's great. 

Edited by Fendalton, 24 November 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Karnneo #203 Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

SealClub Number 8

• Beta-Tester
  • 14225 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostMagpies666, on 08 November 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well strongholds is another failure for small average skilled clans. Build everything up in skirmishes and get [redacted] by the big clans. Not wasting my time or money on this concept. As usual it will be clans such as VPA, DPS, BALLZ etc controlling the map. Wonder how long strongholds will last. Looks like my evenings have become even more free.

Insults or derogatory comments (minor). User Sanctioned. 

~ Flying_Endeavor

I don't get it.  Is this a butthurt thread ?

cactus351 #204 Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

First lieutenant

• 3006 battles

View PostKarnneo, on 27 November 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

(Tis funny, I never know the source of this before other than as an intro to a song)

Edited by cactus351, 28 November 2014 - 10:29 AM.

IF YOUR READING THIS, YOUR ARE THE REZZISTANCE

Ezz #205 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The Wild Angels apparently. Not seen it. But seriously, Loaded is up there with one of the all time greats. Still get neck hairs all erect. Went to something called 'Loaded' that varied between venues in the cross on a thursday night for something spanning 15 years. More mess than you could imagine. Absolute gold.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Minion__ #206 Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

Guff Shill

• 10591 battles
  • [-VAM-] -VAM-

View PostKarnneo, on 27 November 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

But... but... YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!

<sob>

"Bad@tonks, meh@lyfe, long of tooth"

cactus351 #207 Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

First lieutenant

• 3006 battles

View PostEzz, on 28 November 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

The Wild Angels apparently. Not seen it. But seriously, Loaded is up there with one of the all time greats. Still get neck hairs all erect. Went to something called 'Loaded' that varied between venues in the cross on a thursday night for something spanning 15 years. More mess than you could imagine. Absolute gold.

Ah to be young and able to recover from hangovers again without wishing for thermonuclear war to wipe the earth clean....

OrthadoxSniper #208 Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Corporal

• 2463 battles
  • [ODI] ODI

I'm fine balls/z, vpa etc but when you get in a game against 4 T37's and 2 Cromwells it becomes annoying. Especially when every time you battle the top clans they have the same lineup. But most of the time we get into fair games. Hasn't stopped us from doing well :P

DumbotheDarkWizard #209 Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

So Awesome

• 11001 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostOrthadoxSniper, on 01 December 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

I'm fine balls/z, vpa etc but when you get in a game against 4 T37's and 2 Cromwells it becomes annoying. Especially when every time you battle the top clans they have the same lineup. But most of the time we get into fair games. Hasn't stopped us from doing well :P

the t37 and cromwell are the best tanks in the hands good players in the current meta.

Also your idea of doing well is not the same as everyone else (22% W/R after 66 battles)

OrthadoxSniper #210 Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• 2463 battles
  • [ODI] ODI

View PostDumbo_is_Awesome, on 01 December 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

the t37 and cromwell are the best tanks in the hands good players in the current meta.

Also your idea of doing well is not the same as everyone else (22% W/R after 66 battles)

By the time we have over 1000 stronghold battles, 

we'll have a WR above 70%. You have to start somewhere, I'm sure PBKAC didn't have a 70% WR at 70 battles :P

Edited by OrthadoxSniper, 01 December 2014 - 07:24 PM.

cactus351 #211 Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

First lieutenant

• 3006 battles

View PostOrthadoxSniper, on 01 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

By the time we have over 1000 stronghold battles, 

we'll have a WR above 70%. You have to start somewhere, I'm sure PBKAC didn't have a 70% WR at 70 battles :P

Try running what your finding you struggle against maybe. 

T37/Cromwells are the go to tanks at this level for your lights and meds.

Dont handy cap yourself by bringing lots of useless turtle tanks if you want to develop!

LeSigh #212 Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 49678 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostOrthadoxSniper, on 02 December 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

In Skirmishes?  Pretty sure we did.  Think it has slipped a little since our first hundred once 8 skirmishes died.  We're more likely to derp in 6es.

Edited by Siggy, 01 December 2014 - 07:58 PM.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

karl0ssus1 #213 Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

We started pretty well in stronks. I wouldnt be surprised if we actually had a better WR at 70 battles then we do now.

Its good to set goals, but be careful about aiming too high. Even if you top out between 50-60%, by the 1k mark, thats still an achievement, and you should recognise it as such rather than getting disillusioned.

With regards to tank selection, 14 tanks on a 1sq km map means you need to be able to cover a lot of ground relatively quickly in order to properly react to the other teams positioning. T-150s and ARLs will not give you the flexibility to flank or to rush back to cap, and camping teams are inevitably dead teams, or at least teams who spend a lot of time not doing much, and definitely dont get to practice cooperative aggressive play. You dont have to T37 spam, but it always helps to have at least 2 tanks who can be your eyes, LTs or Cromwells preferably. Armor can always be negated by strategy, vision games or (if necessary) gold rounds, so its not as effective as it might be in pubs. Firepower, mobility and vision are of primary importance, armor will give you latitude to make errors or to push in earlier, but you will have to trade the other attributes to get it.

Basic strategy is to try keep most of your tanks in one spot, ensure you can support your scouts or that they can run away, and then find out what the other team is doing and work on picking their lone tanks off, sniping them out, flanking them or rushing their cap. Remember, this isnt Pubs, having a strategy means that sometimes you send tanks in to brawl without cover because they'll take more HP then theyll lose, or because you have more tanks in that one spot. That means everyone needs to hear the call and commit, focus fire on the designated targets, and know when theyve overstretched and need to pull back. HP is an attribute, you trade some of yours to get some of theirs, and you make damn sure that the trade is either in your favour, or will put you in position to make an even better trade, or to easily snipe out their last tanks or rush their cap.

Finally, any win is a good win, ram kills are best kills, and digging out turtles requires patience and coordination. GL.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Ezz #214 Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostOrthadoxSniper, on 01 December 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I'm sure PBKAC didn't have a 70% WR at 70 battles :P

Correct.... it was a little over 80...

To be fair tho, we've got a few years of organised play and there are many skills that take practice to learn. Tank selection is one. Map awareness another. And the caller a third. Give it time. See you at your 1k. :)

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users