[PH] Cancellation of Wargaming Gathering Event in Cebu

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
The upcoming WGG Cebu event will be cancelled due to forecasted weather disturbances.

Full news text

_SIayer #2 Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 39374 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
what a waste, but better be safe

Bigglesfliesagain_ #3 Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31122 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Batten down the hatches and stay safe :hiding:

#XVMStatsMatter

#DepthMatters

#Are[InsertClanNameHere]Recruiting

RalphTheTheatreCat #4 Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

SealClub Number 10

• Beta-Tester
  • 11519 battles
Good luck chaps.  Looks unpleasant over there.

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

rasco4000 #5 Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• 25306 battles
  • [AUSE] AUSE
does this mean they can come to aus/nz. the country's you seem to forget??

homingk #6 Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46731 battles
  • [FR0ST] FR0ST
Typhoon Hagupit force 4 and still building up coming towards Phinoy land.  Pray for them but not for their mostly lousy politicians who are corrupted and murders.  Can do gathering for SG now?

Edited by homingk, 05 December 2014 - 02:15 PM.

DFaultPlayR69 #7 Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20639 battles
  • [EQRG] EQRG

Us here in our area are still preparing for the typhoon. We're currently not yet having too much rain but there are already strong winds building up here. It's only a matter of time before electricity here is cut off. Well, I just hope we'll survive this. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be sheltering myself in my bunker :hiding:

"EQRG will rise again, and bring back the ponies to this server" ~DFault

Check out my dA if you're interested in Pastel Colored Equines and Tanks  : http://xphil1998.deviantart.com/

EKBAL #8 Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

Private

• 141 battles
Im sorry to see the typhoon situation there. maybe some other time future events can be held there

wasaabi #9 Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:55 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22745 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postrasco4000, on 05 December 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

does this mean they can come to aus/nz. the country's you seem to forget??

View Posthomingk, on 05 December 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Typhoon Hagupit force 4 and still building up coming towards Phinoy land.  Pray for them but not for their mostly lousy politicians who are corrupted and murders.  Can do gathering for SG now?

You want to profit at the expense of the misfortune of others?  Poor timing of your requests.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Nikorai_Kago #10 Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

Corporal

• 17685 battles
  • [NEKOS] NEKOS

Dude, calm down. Fake moral high-ground much?! How is a request for a gathering "profiting at the expense of the misfortune of others"? I'm quite sure those in the disaster-affected areas don't care about WoT very much at the moment either.

So some places got flooded and some other places got blown away but this is a game based on community, if one event gets canceled it's natural to organize something else instead. Life goes on, especially on the interwebs.

homingk #11 Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46731 battles
  • [FR0ST] FR0ST

The dude is In-Training Moderator so he does have the high moral ground than me who just wondering SG will have to wait for gathering as we do not enjoy the luxury of having an anchor aka contracted LAN cafe/shop here any more due X list of reasons. So like WG will have to book and go through the same queue when doing so. 

Do I want "profit" from others expense you should read carefully more dude...! Pray you read more with eyes wide open....!  I welcome more warning points or ban hammer to come if you like to give me some!

IF you want to know a real profiteer!  I give away Razer hoody jacket immediately after winning it at WG event to a younger player as he wants it and I do not need it.  I'm 1 of the few players help others to try to win the 1000 gold as if they are alone at free to play in Singapore who do not see other's WN8/7, win rate or whatsoever because I do not care and do not want them to go back empty handed.

I believe in karma and cruses and if I deserve it so be it! So in that dude's eyes if he have 1 working I'm a profiteer from the get go!

Edited by homingk, 08 December 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Fendalton #12 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:26 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11386 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

You have the luxury of having low ping and the servers literally next door. 

Also giving items away doesn't make you a profiteer, it makes you generous. Profiteering is making profit. 

wasaabi #13 Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22745 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I'm using profit in the meaning of a valuable return, not a monetary one.  I am not accusing anyone of profiteering, which has an entirely different meaning.  (Congratulations BTW homingk on your act of generosity)

What I am pointing out is the veritable instant that a destructive act of nature occurs to defer an event in one country, two players from other countries in the region but not affected by that event think that WG would be able to divert resources to other countries, book venues, pay for flights and accommodation and market the event to get a sizeable audience just because they must be free to do whatever some disaffected person wants them to do.  So if you want to defend anything, try defending why you both made those statements at that time?

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Dantes_Inferno #14 Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 18116 battles
  • [FURY] FURY
From those of us in Australia we wish you all the best and hope that you and your families are safe.

When I see Ricko Roller I load GOLD just for the hell of it! That's what they call a self fulfilling prophecy!

homingk #15 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46731 battles
  • [FR0ST] FR0ST

[Content removed]

​Can do a gathering at Singapore is just my question nothing more or nothing less.  What you think is what you can imagine how heartless I can be is your choice.  I can ask question like this there and be considered insensitive come on bombard my PM or better throw me out from this forum forever! 

If anyone thinks it is SG  which will get diverted resources from other's demise must be in the "special needs" category as I know it will be postponed for Cebu till further notice.   SG players / fans do not  more "love" if you come see for yourself at our events just because the regional office and severs are here.   Aussie PAX2014 freebies are way better than ours here as the market there is way bigger which 1 can only look in terms or economical development push by WG on the whole. 

Political content likely to cause unrest.  Content removed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

Edited by wasaabi, 09 December 2014 - 11:55 AM.

mttspiii #16 Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:17 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32703 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Posthomingk, on 08 December 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

[Content removed]

​Can do a gathering at Singapore is just my question nothing more or nothing less.  What you think is what you can imagine how heartless I can be is your choice.  I can ask question like this there and be considered insensitive come on bombard my PM or better throw me out from this forum forever! 

If anyone thinks it is SG  which will get diverted resources from other's demise must be in the "special needs" category as I know it will be postponed for Cebu till further notice.   SG players / fans do not  more "love" if you come see for yourself at our events just because the regional office and severs are here.   Aussie PAX2014 freebies are way better than ours here as the market there is way bigger which 1 can only look in terms or economical development push by WG on the whole. 

Yes, there's something wrong with your statement. It's political, and thus while morally right, is in the wrong place. This forum is not the place for political discussions.

Your concerns about the lack of an event in SG is better addressed in another separate thread in the country-specific subsection of the forums. Just don't take Conana away from us. :P

(Do I make for a good sub-mod?)

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi 

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users