REMOVE_SCOUT_MM_FROM_THE_GAME

• Please log in to reply
1428 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #1421 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 27965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

First things first, you spent far too long skirmishing with the KV-1. You should have taken him out or shaved a lot of him earlier and run off to support the strv on your team.

In that time, you could have found the Chi-Ri or helped kill the O-I with your teammate's help. 

Also, you could have bought yourself a crap tonne more time by simply shooting at the tracks. 

Your best way to approach would be to not approach at all and keep distance. You kept driving towards where he would still have angling to bounce your shells. You should have driven the other way to get a pen in the flat side. You could have just rinse and repeated that forever and would have won. 

Your initial positioning and what not is not what i would do so idk.

Its not that great for influencing the battle in all honesty. 

What really influenced the game was the SU-100 on your team since everyone wanted to drive in front of his gun. 

Basically you forgot crits reset cap too and you zigged when you should have zagged, then made the huge mistake of trying to get near with the ground as open as it was. 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 21 April 2018 - 08:16 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

Free Gold

Whack-A-Defender Brigade 2018

Sir_Direkin #1422 Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Captain

• 8889 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 21 April 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

First things first, you spent far too long skirmishing with the KV-1. You should have taken him out or shaved a lot of him earlier and run off to support the strv on your team.

In that time, you could have found the Chi-Ri or helped kill the O-I with your teammate's help. 

Also, you could have bought yourself a crap tonne more time by simply shooting at the tracks. 

Your best way to approach would be to not approach at all and keep distance. You kept driving towards where he would still have angling to bounce your shells. You should have driven the other way to get a pen in the flat side. You could have just rinse and repeated that forever and would have won. 

Yup, I thought at the time that I was taking too long with the KV-1, and if I had taken him out sooner we could've simply capped (and it's not like the O-I can rush back for a reset). My initial plan was to take out arty to make the T71 permanently arty safe, and join him to take out the O-I, but unfortunately I killed it just after it was able to let off a round which killed the T71 (hence my 'damn it' comment in chat), and then the KV-1 'presented' itself. In hindsight I could've chosen a better bush (one of the ones I had passed on the right) for that initial chase for what should have been a quick and easy kill (at least that was the plan), instead I chose the tiniest bush I could find which was too close to the target, which resulted in me getting spotted before I even got to the bush, and ultimately wasting a lot of time with everything that followed.

For the O-I I was actually trying to reposition to get shots on his side, but by the time I got to the next position he had turned to face that way too. I could've done that dance forever, but with less than a minute on the clock I needed drastic measures, like hoping he'd miss if I come in for a Christian side hug. I just chose a really bad route to do so. I had considered staying put where I was before and see if he turns in anticipation (something he was doing before). But yup, totally forgot about crits and resets.

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 21 April 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Your initial positioning and what not is not what i would do so idk.

Its not that great for influencing the battle in all honesty. 

It's not what I'd do as a top tier LT either, but what I was expecting was for their top tier LT to come down the middle, which he did, and as a LT two tiers below, there's no chance I was going to out dpm him, which the other T-50 discovered for himself. And not only did their top tier LT go as expected, we got a LT lemming rush, which allowed our team to wipe out all of their LTs. As it is though, the crew I have are not skilled enough to head to somewhere more 'powerful' such as the bush line mid plain while their LTs are alive without getting spotted; not in a tier VII game anyway. Most of the crew haven't completed their first skill, with the exception of the commander whom I free exped.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50

MagicalFlyingFox #1423 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 27965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_Direkin, on 22 April 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yup, I thought at the time that I was taking too long with the KV-1, and if I had taken him out sooner we could've simply capped (and it's not like the O-I can rush back for a reset). My initial plan was to take out arty to make the T71 permanently arty safe, and join him to take out the O-I, but unfortunately I killed it just after it was able to let off a round which killed the T71 (hence my 'damn it' comment in chat), and then the KV-1 'presented' itself. In hindsight I could've chosen a better bush (one of the ones I had passed on the right) for that initial chase for what should have been a quick and easy kill (at least that was the plan), instead I chose the tiniest bush I could find which was too close to the target, which resulted in me getting spotted before I even got to the bush, and ultimately wasting a lot of time with everything that followed.

For the O-I I was actually trying to reposition to get shots on his side, but by the time I got to the next position he had turned to face that way too. I could've done that dance forever, but with less than a minute on the clock I needed drastic measures, like hoping he'd miss if I come in for a Christian side hug. I just chose a really bad route to do so. I had considered staying put where I was before and see if he turns in anticipation (something he was doing before). But yup, totally forgot about crits and resets.

Nah you spent far too long with the KV-1, you should have cut your losses much earlier and helped out the strv. 2 guns > 1 gun in every situation and the KV-1 is so slow that you will easily deal with whatever is there before he gets to you. 

With the O-I, the hull was sort of turned towards the way you were heading in already. You should have double backed the other way as soon as you saw that since it was always going to be extremely difficult to get into a position to pen him even if he stayed stationary as you found out. 

Always go perpendicular to the side, especially when you aren't able to make use of a whole circle. 

You also didn't make full use of your view range and camo advantage, you probably could have outspotted him and fired without being lit. 

If you really wanted to bait a shot, you should have poked around the rocks and gotten yourself lit. Definitely do not recommend though. 

Free Gold

Sir_Direkin #1424 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

Captain

• 8889 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 22 April 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Nah you spent far too long with the KV-1, you should have cut your losses much earlier and helped out the strv. 2 guns > 1 gun in every situation and the KV-1 is so slow that you will easily deal with whatever is there before he gets to you. 

I guess that's something I'll have to learn to identify sooner: when to stop chasing something and just move on. I suppose the first shots I put into the KV-1 were fine, and then help the Strv as you say. The O-I's position at the time would've allowed me to easily outflank him and get right next to his side without him being able to fire back, and if not me then definitely the Strv, and the whole problem at the end could've been entirely avoided. Apart from being slow, the KV-1 is a much easier target to take down, so the O-I really should have been the priority to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M24 Chaffee, T-50

MagicalFlyingFox #1425 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 27965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_Direkin, on 22 April 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I guess that's something I'll have to learn to identify sooner: when to stop chasing something and just move on. 

Yup, pretty much. Decisions like these you will generally face on the end of a carry so I don't blame you for not doing so, the only way to learn is from experience anyways.

Free Gold

TD1 #1426 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 8706 battles

View PostTD1, on 31 March 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

I've decided to come back from a long break, but here's a replay of me in the WZ-120-1FT :

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4266533#steppes-td1-wz-120-1g_ft

I'm a bit concerned that the long break I took as well as my tentative manner of playing again might have dulled my edge. 

Is anyone willing to review this replay for me? I just got spooling again after a quarter-year hiatus (just in time for Frontline lul).

I've got a 30% coupon by the way, and I'm willing to get a T6 premium for it. Which of them (excluding Thunderbolt and Pudel since the coupon is inapplicable for them) should I get (I already have the Dicker Max and the Strv m/42-57)?

MagicalFlyingFox #1427 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 27965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
am on wrong patch :/

Free Gold

Quasinerdo #1428 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16695 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Since 1.0 I have been seeing a stupid number of bounces/ricochets and zero damage shots playing on both Au and Sg. I don't *think* it's packet loss with ghost rounds for direct misses but even accounting for some of the hitboxes on terrain being screwy I am seeing a high number of rounds that just don't seem to go anywhere (full reticle in tank not just wayward shots).

Perhaps you can review this replay - it's not notable for any particular play effort but does demonstrate the type of thing I mean. In this game 10 shots, 9 hits, 4 pen.   I'm seeing this persistently where I was previously seeing 7-8 of them pen.

Not wearing my foil hat... I've heard similar feedback elsewhere I'd just like a perspective from observers on these being unusual bounces/misses or not?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4357905#fjords-quasinerdo-t-44

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Puggsley #1429 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

Captain

• 59617 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
Haven't noticed in regular games, but on FL i have noticed a lot more misses. I think its related to the much longer ranges engagements can take place at - the bigger maps give a lot more shots where dispersion means the circle is a lot bigger than the tanks. I will get shirty about it then realise I'm sniping at some target of opportunity at max range.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users