1429 replies to this topic

Ezz #61 Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSaffee, on 15 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

yeah fair enough.

I play mainly solo and worked hard to get better and my RU for example since we spoke in the kac thread i got up to 56.9%

that is all solo. , just annoys me when people come out with that shite, just get better :P

Ezz vbaddict separates it does it not?

since i started using last week when feet showed  it it says im 64.2 solo and 71.9 tooned.

not sure how accurate it is.

And i only play 9s and 10s very very rarely 8s and 1 in 100 is low tier. 

Not historically. It might be useful for a 'feet challenge' or similar, but doesn't really tell you much beyond that.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NiceGuy_Saffe #62 Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35841 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Considered doing a feet challange, want to get my lights up to 60%

but i cbf below tier 8

And dont want to get sick of playing the RU/ t54light and 1390

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

Ezz #63 Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSaffee, on 15 January 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Considered doing a feet challange, want to get my lights up to 60%

but i cbf below tier 8

And dont want to get sick of playing the RU/ t54light and 1390

I've been finding the high tier lights (7 and above) harder to solo in in the current meta. Tier 6 lights are still piss easy as you still face a bunch of numpties with vision control knowledge or bad view ranges.

Storm et al, to get you in on this, any thoughts on how to stop sucking in them? I struggle with the 'damage doer / scout' role dichotomy. Clearly the balance i'm using isn't as successful as it was in the previous meta.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

azmania3000 #64 Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• 41777 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostEzz, on 15 January 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I don't think whether az is good or bad is really the point. Suffice to say WG has made it very hard to quantify all this given toon time can't be isolated from stats.

But fwiw az, solo 55%+ at tier 8+ is well and truly possible in some tanks. Tooning is definitely not a requirement.

Yes! 55%+ possible in uber carry tanks that don't need support and have enough speed to flex. However I should iterate at this point (now my game rage has abated) such tanks are "abnormal". The Point I want to make is that teamplay counts for more than "doing your job" on the battlefield. I don't want to encourage people to grind for carry tanks and then expect to win.

Hell, last game I saw a batchat arty flank a t54 light to save one of his team-mates.........I haven't seen a tutorial that says "this is the time to play arty like LT" (nor would it be useful). The guy pulled his ballsy move because he knows how to play multiple tank classes, and understands the power of numbers. Hell you can use anything to make a flank move as long as a friendly is there to keep their attention............ Meanwhile our friendly type 61 was content to push me into incoming enemy fire from invisi tanks, instead of scouting the field.

View PostSaffee, on 15 January 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

you are obviously just not very good@tanks

and no i did not even bother checking your stats so i may be wrong but im pretty sure im not

Ask your commander, he tried to poach me, along with DPS, MP, BALLZ, SLOTH to name a few, because I'm a battle caller, like I said in my post :P. Simply saying "I'm bad therefore my argument is bad" is a straw person fallacy. Yes I was having a good old sooky sooky wa wa from being owned, but there's still an argument in there.

-> I would like to see a focus on tactical decision making E.G. "share HP to keep guns alive, how to create a firing line at a choke point, how to relocate from a forward position, etc..." These are the kind of things I had to go through in CW training and it makes a big difference on the battlefield.

Ezz #65 Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postazmania3000, on 15 January 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

Ask your commander, he tried to poach me, along with DPS, MP, BALLZ, SLOTH to name a few, because I'm a battle caller,

Hey Az, wanna join?

(was feeling a little left out)

Frooty_Ninja #66 Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 5917 battles

Well this thread took a twist....

First the deniers came out, then the poachers.

User is sick of making up user is statements.

TE_Deathskyz #67 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14890 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View Postazmania3000, on 15 January 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Ask your commander, he tried to poach me, along with DPS, MP, BALLZ, SLOTH to name a few, because I'm a battle caller, like I said in my post :P. Simply saying "I'm bad therefore my argument is bad" is a straw person fallacy. Yes I was having a good old sooky sooky wa wa from being owned, but there's still an argument in there.

Who the hell are you?

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

NiceGuy_Saffe #68 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35841 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postazmania3000, on 15 January 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yes! 55%+ possible in uber carry tanks that don't need support and have enough speed to flex. However I should iterate at this point (now my game rage has abated) such tanks are "abnormal". The Point I want to make is that teamplay counts for more than "doing your job" on the battlefield. I don't want to encourage people to grind for carry tanks and then expect to win.

Hell, last game I saw a batchat arty flank a t54 light to save one of his team-mates.........I haven't seen a tutorial that says "this is the time to play arty like LT" (nor would it be useful). The guy pulled his ballsy move because he knows how to play multiple tank classes, and understands the power of numbers. Hell you can use anything to make a flank move as long as a friendly is there to keep their attention............ Meanwhile our friendly type 61 was content to push me into incoming enemy fire from invisi tanks, instead of scouting the field.

-> I would like to see a focus on tactical decision making E.G. "share HP to keep guns alive, how to create a firing line at a choke point, how to relocate from a forward position, etc..." These are the kind of things I had to go through in CW training and it makes a big difference on the battlefield.

I still disagree, yes some tanks is harder then others but to say that only some "uber tanks"  is able to pull it of i don't agree with. And that is from personal experience.

And I am not the best tonker around, im good but not amazing, so if I can do it there would be plenty of people who can do it 

you may be a battle caller and if those clans wanted to recruit you im sure you are a good one,  but that does not make any difference to your argument :) 

My own personal winrate and tank stats has 0 relevance to tooning as 80/85% of my games have been solo.

my leo1 30 games or so in i have mainy played in toons and i sit on 52% because ive just played a lot of bad games and its my own fault.

Tanks fault, nope

teams fault nope.

I have honestly played it badly and once im finished my type 61 grind, 1115 avg xp and 67% winrate ill go back and figure out the leo 1 as its a amazing tank and I had 60%+ on the PTA

Hence why when someone comes a long and says "you cant" I call bullshit. 

Edited by Saffee, 15 January 2015 - 02:03 PM.

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

_Spawny_ #69 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 47967 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
Oh my.....did I see a bait being tossed? Wonder if the fish will bite. Waiting eagerly.

azmania3000 #70 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• 41777 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostEzz, on 15 January 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hey Az, wanna join?

(was feeling a little left out)

XD, yess one of your recruiters tried to nab me, but I was moving from BURN to reserve clan. Got a big soft spot for PBKAC Ezz

TE_Deathskyz #71 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14890 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

He thinks DPS will poach him with those stats.

Cute.

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

Ezz #72 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postazmania3000, on 15 January 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

XD, yess one of your recruiters tried to nab me, but I was moving from BURN to reserve clan. Got a big soft spot for PBKAC Ezz

We have recruiters?

I blame feet!

NiceGuy_Saffe #73 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35841 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostDeathskyz, on 15 January 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Who the hell are you?

akward :hiding:

FeelsBirthday

_Spawny_ #74 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 47967 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
Dunno deathy.....poach eggs do seem tempting with some bread and kaya. I prefer the yolk raw thank you.

Ezz #75 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Inb4 screenshot of poach attempt...

Anyway... there was a thread here somewhere.

Storm, any improvement tips on baiting bads into PMing me after battles?

NiceGuy_Saffe #76 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35841 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
sorry storm, im gonna leave for soccer practise before it gets to out of hand :P

FeelsBirthday

karl0ssus1 #77 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Major

• 25100 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Heres that 55% is high tier solo max thing again. Can anyone enlighten me as to where it came from, because its about 5% under what Id been led to believe was possible in conversations regarding WR distribution and factors affecting WR (see the WN8 thread in SD).

I dont really plat much, and Im approaching 60% over the past week with an average tier just under 8 (Super Pershing cred grind), so I cant see where this is coming from. 

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Ezz #78 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 15 January 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

I dont really plat much

Mostly solo, 90% of the time, every time.

azmania3000 #79 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• 41777 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostDeathskyz, on 15 January 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

He thinks DPS will poach him with those stats.

Cute.

It was pred actually, but I didn't want to join [Redacted] because you guys are a bunch of [Redacted]

View PostSaffee, on 15 January 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

I still disagree, yes some tanks is harder then others but to say that only some "uber tanks"  is able to pull it of i don't agree with. And that is from personal experience.

I have honestly played it badly and once im finished my type 61 grind, 1115 avg xp and 67% winrate ill go back and figure out the leo 1 as its a amazing tank and I had 60%+ on the PTA

Hence why when someone comes a long and says "you cant" I call bullshit. 

Fair enough point :P

Well you can get that WR high from solo, but this not quite the norm. Most of My tier X are blue (except my frenchies, how ironic!) but often I find tooning helps pull them "out of the green". To get those 'Epic' 70% W/R the guides are talking about I can't swallow (well not on ASIA server anyway). Want to talk more but must work,m maybe ill be a bit more conservative saffee XD

Off-topic posting. Warning issued.

Kindly keep clan related matters within CR/D. 

~Flying_Endeavor

Edited by Flying_Endeavor, 20 January 2015 - 08:45 PM.

karl0ssus1 #80 Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

Major

• 25100 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postazmania3000, on 15 January 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Well you can get that WR high from solo, but this not quite the norm. Most of My tier X are blue (except my frenchies, how ironic!) but often I find tooning helps pull them "out of the green". To get those 'Epic' 70% W/R the guides are talking about I can't swallow (well not on ASIA server anyway). Want to talk more but must work,m maybe ill be a bit more conservative saffee XD

60% plus is probably near impossible solo, even running very OP tanks with prem consumables and good crews and loadouts, theres a limit to what any one player can achieve. There are a few freaks of nature that might hit 65%+ while solo, but theyre the 0.1% of the 0.1%.

View Postazmania3000, on 15 January 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

It was pred actually, but I didn't want to join [Content Removed] because you guys are a bunch of  [Content Removed]

Isnt that the whole point of DPS?

Edited by Flying_Endeavor, 20 January 2015 - 08:46 PM.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users