Personal Missions Launch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

mikelarch #21 Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

First lieutenant

• 34193 battles
A glitch already: I won the first mission but couldn't see the 2 boxes come up they were blank just like the cw medals that still say they are loading. Blank interfaces that may have needed clicking something but as couldn't read i just cancelled them. Damn thing. And also I don't have light tanks anymore so i wont be able to do all these missions either. 

Sol_Ciel #22 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• 16008 battles
It probably would have been better if the missions were done in a tree-like fashion... at least we won't have to be forced on a linear path to reach that last mission (like getting stuck on a platoon mission.)

Ride now! Ride for ruin! And the world's ending! DEATH!!!

H_87A_2CU #23 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34882 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

I think this could have been better implemented, although the prizes are nice.....however not going to be easy (even for the STUG). The need to constantly turn each mission on is most painful.

A couple of things I have found:

Yes you can go back and redo missions, to get the extra credits and finish the mission with honours (just click on the mission and hit the improve results button).

Forgetting to turn on each mission, will quite quickly lead people to get the..........well you understand where I'm going here...........its annoying and painful to remember to click each and every time you play a game (after you finish the last mission).

Mission requirements - well honestly having read through them, some of them are going to make passive play by a light tank the norm (if they remember to turn the mission on). You're going to get scouts just doing what they need for the mission before hiding. Heavy tanks not taking module damage in a game  - cool heavy tanks to the rear please, don't worry about winning just don't get hit........winning can then be sorted out by the rest of your team.

Platooning - Making a mission requirement based on platooning????.........sweet, missions now all cancelled, I rarely platoon, and if I do its for some fun, not some requirement to meet a mission. But if I do, do all three(two maybe) in the platoon have to turn the mission on??, If I do and they don't, do I get the mission completion, or must all three have it on???

You are totally dependent on your team winning, so you can carry as much as you like, you can have a great game in your tank, but even so, you can lose badly, so whilst doing everything you are supposed to you are still at the whim of getting a team that understands the map, can play well, and win!

Finally as Mike states, whats with the blank windows at the end of each completed mission???

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 16 January 2015 - 08:36 AM.

swizzle #24 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 62442 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostH_87A_2CU, on 16 January 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

Finally as Mike states, whats with the blank windows at the end of each completed mission???

H

ive read somewhere that thats caused by an un-updated xvm, afaik from ftr

and i agree, why wouldnt the next mission automatically activate? its not like theres anything else to do after youve finished one

Edited by swizzle, 16 January 2015 - 08:15 AM.

Ezz #25 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73651 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Sorry team, i'm not doing the right mission to contribute in this battle. Good luck!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ForkUrEyes #26 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24317 battles

Obj. 260....

Hahahahahaha

Ezz #27 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73651 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostForkUrEyes, on 16 January 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

Obj. 260....

Anyone know if they rebalanced it or is it still silly OP?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

DivHunter #28 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19869 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 16 January 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Sorry team, i'm not doing the right mission to contribute in this battle. Good luck!

I have to passive scout.

Y U DO DIS WG?

lengxv6 #29 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 10800 battles
  • [S_I_F] S_I_F

View Postmikelarch, on 16 January 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

A glitch already: I won the first mission but couldn't see the 2 boxes come up they were blank just like the cw medals that still say they are loading. Blank interfaces that may have needed clicking something but as couldn't read i just cancelled them. Damn thing. And also I don't have light tanks anymore so i wont be able to do all these missions either. 

much like this

I assume one is for Primary, the other is for secondary

Ezz #30 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73651 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postlengxv6, on 16 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

much like this

I assume one is for Primary, the other is for secondary

Are you running XVM? Theory i've heard is XVM causes it.

Anyone NOT running XVM pulling up blanks?

mikelarch #31 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 34193 battles

Yes I don't run xvm because I get apathetic seeing the prediction since Wg gives me alot more predicted losses so since i cancelled xvm I've played better because my main reason for poor play is apathy from teams I know are going to block you, push you to enemy fire, steal kill, team kill, insult others and spam the pinging maps if they think you should be out getting shot like them instead of sniping away. 

Hmm so now to see whats inside the blank squares i'm forced again to use WGs predestination of death and depravity. Alot of hoops we now have to jump through including clicking missions every time between battles> O well OCD people should do well now. :)

Edited by mikelarch, 16 January 2015 - 08:59 AM.

Ottomatic_Reiffel #32 Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 24192 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The general reason given for the blank options is mods, with XVM being the prime candidate. Other mods can cause it too.

Update them all, most makers have probably fixed whatever has caused it by now.

See no bots, hear no bots, speak not about bots

WoT's most dedicated players

mikelarch #33 Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 34193 battles

H87: You're going to get scouts just doing what they need for the mission before hiding. Heavy tanks not taking module damage in a game  - cool heavy tanks to the rear please, don't worry about winning just don't get hit........winning can then be sorted out by the rest of your team.

--------------------------------------

THIS IS TRUE. People will do all sorts of different things now not to mention the fact that some may intentionally throw a game away to lose because they remembered in battle not to turn the mission on. Or they may throw the game thinking they didn't turn it on and find out after battle they did have the mission turned on and they could have got their prize . :facepalm:

Anyway at least its tier 4 and above which means all the seal clubbing stat-padders will miss out on these missions. :)

H_87A_2CU #34 Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34882 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Another issue is with the wording of some of the missions...........if you track a guy and then do damage it doesn't count towards completing the mission, it has to be someone else that damages him after you track him.

So the wording "Vehicles immobilised by you must receive damage", actually means "vehicles immobilised by you must be damaged by another team member"

And thanks WG you have confirmed my worst thoughts, the retarded play by people trying to complete missions, has totally changed game play, such awesome examples as:

Light tanks shooting tracks with HE, instead of just killing the tank (50hp tank in tier 5, light was a tier 6),

Heavy tanks hiding in the rear while everyone else fights.

Arty shooting 20 hp tanks so they can get the kills they need

Arty waiting so long for the perfect shot so they can get their three hits.

Medium tank platoons all sniping to get their 3k damage even though they could own the opposition if they worked as a wolfpack.

etc

H.

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 16 January 2015 - 12:14 PM.

GrimPagan #35 Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12297 battles

View PostH_87A_2CU, on 16 January 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Light tanks shooting tracks with HE, instead of just killing the tank (50hp tank in tier 5, light was a tier 6),

Heavy tanks hiding in the rear while everyone else fights.

Arty shooting 20 hp tanks so they can get the kills they need

Arty waiting so long for the perfect shot so they can get their three hits.

Medium tank platoons all sniping to get their 3k damage even though they could own the opposition if they worked as a wolfpack.

etc

H.

How is any of that any different to mormal around here?

H_87A_2CU #36 Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34882 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Nah its actually far worse than normal. Just had  a VK2801 hide from the 13 min mark so he could live to complete his mission. He was a top tier.

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 16 January 2015 - 12:55 PM.

MA87 #37 Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Corporal

• 7040 battles
  • [A-F-P] A-F-P
How to join the mission...in order to get in the game?...thanks for the response 

Crazy_Harry #38 Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 42570 battles
  • [MUPET] MUPET

Hi, Just tried to do the first 2 TD missions in an AT 15A and completed the requirements easily but it did not say I had completed the mission, admittedly I am still doing the UK WZ-111 marathon at the same time but still.......

I completed them in the box tank instead ( SU-100Y) lol

Newbinator #39 Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24290 battles

Is there a time limit on the missions? I heard you had to get it done in 6 months.

Another question:

If you only completed the Primary objective and missed the secondary objective, can you do the mission again only having to do the secondary objective. Or do you have to do both objectives again?

Cheers

Edited by Newbinator, 16 January 2015 - 03:59 PM.

H_87A_2CU #40 Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34882 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Newbintator

You can select the improve results button on the mission you need to redo, but you need to do the whole thing again, only this time survive or what ever you have to do

H

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users