21 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4421 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear Players

In simplicity.

• Account selling is strictly prohibited.
  • Account sharing is discouraged for your security. Any conduct happening on your account from someone else, is your issue / responsibility. Keep your password secure to avoid being permanently banned by someone else's actions, and avoid downloading random mods from the internet which often contain password stealing Trojans.

Account Selling.

Any apparent act of attempting to sell your account, or another account, is strictly prohibited.

​Any such discussion or comments relating to this topic, will result in permanent game bans being placed on first offense.

The intent of the players actions is not relevant, "in jest" is not an excuse, so please avoid "jokes" where you will not find the outcome funny.

Some examples

1. PlayerA posting "I think I might sell my account, pm me offers" in any of our communication platforms will result in the account being permanently banned.
  2. PlayerA posting "I'm selling my friends account, pm me offers" in any of our communication platforms will result in PlayerA being permanently banned, and the "friends" account being investigated for possible action.
  3. PlayerA conducting account selling discussions, on Ebay, teamspeak, Facebook, or any other communication platforms we do not control, may result in accounts being investigated for possible action. However proof is required and proof is sometimes difficult to obtain in platforms outside of our control. PlayerA posting "PlayerB's account is for sale" on Ebay because PlayerA dislikes PlayerB and is trying to get him banned is a common practice in online gaming.

Or in other words.

This http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/52246-sell-acc/

Leads to this quickly http://worldoftanks.asia/community/accounts/2003475463-__STOP__/

20,000 games or not.. Paying player or not.. Premium player or not. the terminate button does not discriminate.
So don't do it, accounts may not be sold, and are terminated permanently upon first offense for anything to do with attempting to sell an account.

If a player is attempting to sell an account within our platform, please remain within our rules yourself and simply press the "report" button within the forums, or lodge the complaint to support. http://asia.wargaming.net/support/ .. While account selling isn't permitted, forum violations aren't either.

Please keep this topic solely on the topic of Account Selling.

And abide by the normal forum rules when replying.

We understand your frustration, but forum rule violations aren't permitted either.

For further topics of your interest please refer to the main thread

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Fastidius #2 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• 13034 battles
  • [FURY] FURY
if we suspect an account is a purchased account...do you have any way of dealing with it?

Fastidious

Lion Tamer

All around good guy

Rusty-bot tester

Fury Fieldcommander/Recruiter
EX Aus Viking Diplomat/CW Commander

TE_Deathskyz #3 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14877 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

[Content Removed]

Promoting/provoking EULA violations. Content removed and user sanctioned.

~Bartlett

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

noob_airstriker #4 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22576 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
Say no to selling account lahhhhh *$ick

TE_Deathskyz #5 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14877 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

Also, does Piloting accounts for CW and Tourneys fall into this category?

What is WG's stand on clans piloting alt clan accounts?

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

MagicalFlyingFox #6 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28004 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Wouldn't that fall under account sharing?

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

IVORK #7 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13873 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

As this post is titled "selling / sharing" it raises the question about sharing. 

I remember that in atleast patch 9.0 the pre-match screen read that sharing accounts is prohibited and would lead to a permanent game ban for both parties yet i recall seeing various forum posts stating otherwise due to the apparent use of "Internet cafe accounts".

Where is the line drawn? Between sharing with family members, retired players donating their inactive account to their clan to sharing active accounts with online friends.

Cheers. 

Edited by IVORK, 05 March 2015 - 02:30 PM.

*Online interactions not rated by the SERB

MagicalFlyingFox #8 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28004 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostIVORK, on 05 March 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

As this post is titled "selling / sharing" it raises the question about sharing. 

I remember that in atleast patch 9.0 the pre-match screen read that sharing accounts is prohibited yet i recall seeing various forum posts stating otherwise due to the apparent use of "Internet cafe accounts".

Where is the line drawn? Between sharing with family members, retired players donating their inactive account to their clan to sharing active accounts with online friends.

Cheers. 

i thought it was always "not recommended" and has been for ages.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

GeneralGrant #9 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28787 battles

View PostIVORK, on 05 March 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

I remember that in atleast patch 9.0 the pre-match screen read that sharing accounts is prohibited and would lead to a permanent game ban for both parties yet i recall seeing various forum posts stating otherwise due to the apparent use of "Internet cafe accounts".

Cheers. 

I think the point is that account selling is illegal, account sharing is discouraged, but legal.  You can still share accounts, but do so at your own risk.  If you share your account with someone and they do something malicious (eg sell off all your tanks) or illegal and get banned, you wear the consequences.  Saying "Please unban the account, it wasn't me playing it" is not a defense.

IVORK #10 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13873 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostGeneralGrant, on 05 March 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

I think the point is that account selling is illegal, account sharing is discouraged, but legal.  You can still share accounts, but do so at your own risk.  If you share your account with someone and they do something malicious (eg sell off all your tanks) or illegal and get banned, you wear the consequences.  Saying "Please unban the account, it wasn't me playing it" is not a defense.

​Cheers mate. 

Edited by IVORK, 05 March 2015 - 02:38 PM.

*Online interactions not rated by the SERB

DePunischa #11 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46897 battles
  • [ARMED] ARMED
The recent update with the contact list showed me that around 70% of all my contacts are either inactive, renamed (sold account) or played now by other people. Well, I think is normal that people come and go, but I was a bit surprised that so many are not playing anymore. It Took me a while to sort out my contacts....

JimmyJim #12 Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 52195 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostDeathskyz, on 05 March 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Also, does Piloting accounts for CW and Tourneys fall into this category?

What is WG's stand on clans piloting alt clan accounts?

piloting accounts for CW = Account sharing, so that falls under discouraged category.

For tourney, I have no idea.

Bartlett #13 Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21654 battles
Tournaments typically have strict rules against having accounts piloted by ringers/pilots/sharing info. I believe if the rules state as such (ie not sure if its 100% of all tournaments as I've not participated in Tourneys personally in a while) it will likely at the very least disqualify your team outright.

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #14 Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

Captain

• 42980 battles
  • [CIV] CIV

View PostTanitha, on 05 March 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

If a player is attempting to sell an account within our platform, please remain within our rules yourself and simply press the "report" button within the forums, or lodge the complaint to support. http://asia.wargaming.net/support/ .. While account selling isn't permitted, forum violations aren't either.

the link to support is missing a colon after http, it takes me to a weird totally unrelated website

Neo #15 Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28588 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
sharing account is allowed. Permanent sharing account is prohibited. wg logic.

Edited by Neo, 09 May 2015 - 10:36 PM.

Fendalton #16 Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:21 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11116 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

What's your stance on [Expunged]?

Promoting EULA Violations

Escalated Sanctions for Repetitive and Excessive Rule Violations. Forum account suspended

~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 23 May 2015 - 09:18 AM.

_Storm #17 Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFendalton, on 21 May 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

[Expunged]

[Expunged]

Promoting EULA Violations

Escalated Sanction for Repetitive and Excessive Rule Violations. Forum account suspended.

~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 23 May 2015 - 09:15 AM.

Fendalton #18 Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11116 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

I'll try this again, but let me be clear this time that it's a Question

Account sharing is discouraged but not allowed. 

Account selling is not allowed.

You can rent tanks in game (apparently)

Are you allowed to rent accounts for CW? (Like Stronghold Mercenaries I suppose) i.e. the practice of having accounts rented to CW for CW battles?

plz no 7day IP ban this time, I genuinely want to know. 

Tanitha #19 Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4421 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFendalton, on 29 May 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

I'll try this again, but let me be clear this time that it's a Question

Account sharing is discouraged but not allowed. 

Account selling is not allowed.

You can rent tanks in game (apparently)

Are you allowed to rent accounts for CW? (Like Stronghold Mercenaries I suppose) i.e. the practice of having accounts rented to CW for CW battles?

plz no 7day IP ban this time, I genuinely want to know. 

Hello.

You can rent players for CW/CW battles with gold and they can use the Wargaming account they use, which is similar structure for strongholds Mercs.

Accounts themselves though can not be rented, or rented out, or transferred, bought, sold, ETC.

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

MissMadeline #20 Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• 15426 battles
Nice to see some action on this with bans rather than warnings. Good one WG. 

Edited by NZStevie, 08 June 2015 - 04:59 AM.

My random pubs battle theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users