• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4452 battles
  • [WG] WG

Friendly Fire & Team Kill Auto System

The automated Friendly Fire and Team Kill system was first introduced into World of Tanks back in April 2011, since its introduction there has been many tweaks and adjustments so it's time for an update of how the system works.

Friendly Fire Tracking.
There are two systems for the tracking of Friendly Fire;
A Global Rating which tracks Friendly Fire from the account over a period of time, and a Local Rating which tracks Friendly Fire within a specific game.

What Counts as Friendly Fire?
All instances of Friendly Fire & Friendly Damage are tracked, except the following.

• Self destruction / Self damage
  • Damaging of a player whose local status equals “Team-killer” (They are "Blue" in game)
  • Damaging of a player within the Training Room.

Friendly Fire Weighting.
Every Friendly Fire shot is not equal.
The auto system takes a huge number of factors into consideration to determine whether a friendly fire shot was accidental or deliberate and each shot is weighted accordingly.
For example Friendly Fire in or within the cap zones are weighted very heavily, similarly are multiple instances of friendly fire.
Ratios are also taken into consideration comparing friendly damage to damage done to enemies, both locally (this game) and globally (recent gaming history)

Friendly Fire Sanctions.
Depending on the ratio's and thresholds mentioned above. when a player reaches a threshold they will turn "Blue" in game and can then be shot/killed by allies without that effecting the retaliatory FF/TK ratio's. Slightly above the threshold for turning blue, is the Ban threshold, which once reached will result in a game ban placed on the offender.
It is very common for a player to turn "Blue" and then also be banned, it is also very common for a player to reach one of the ban thresholds and be banned without ever turning blue.

Blue Status.
As described above, the "Blue" status is a small section between being a normal account and being banned for excessive friendly fire.
If you have reached this "Blue" status in game, please note that your account is bordering on game bans being placed.

Q: How long does the blue status last?

A: It will last as long as your ratio's are at that threshold.

Q: How do you revert back to normal?

A: Play the game as normal, and damage enemy tanks to reduce your ratios.

Game Ban Sanctions.
Once an account has reached the threshold sufficient for sanctions to be placed, escalating bans will be issued.

Depending on your Ratio's its possible to skip levels.

• 1 Hour Game Ban
  • 1 Day Game Ban
  • 3 Day Game Ban
  • 7 Day Game Ban
  • 30 Day Game Ban
  • Permanent Game Ban

Reporting Friendly Fire or Team Kills.
The auto Friendly Fire and TK system has been thoroughly tested and tweaked since its introduction in April 2011. It works and works well, taking into consideration a multitude of scenarios. As such, no reports of friendly fire are required, nor are they accepted. All tickets sent to support reporting team killers will be replied to stating this fact with the player sent to this post for more information.

Similarly all disputes on FF/TK sanctions will also not be accepted.
Reports on Friendly Fire and Team Killing are no longer required or handled manually. So reports made for team-killing in game, will no longer be processed or required.

Reporting Friendly Fire, or disputing sanctions for Friendly Fire within the forums are both against the forum rules.

Compensation and Penalties for Friendly Damage.
To avoid exploitation of the system, compensation for Friendly Fire you have received will be low, and in some instances may be nil.
To encourage players to take due care and abide by the rules, credit penalties for Friendly Fire are high.
The credit compensation you receive is not directly related to the penalty paid by the offender..

Public Tests.
Support is not available for the Public Test server. This includes reports of rule violations.
The auto system handles friendly fire on the Public Test server the same as it handles it on the retail servers (as described above) 

Common Q&A's

Q: But he shot me first, was annoying me, was afk, was too low a tier, etc.

A: Why you broke the friendly fire rules is irrelevant, do not shoot your team or you will very likely be sanctioned (unless the tank is blue)

Q: I got banned for team killing, but I only shot him once.

A: Its a "friendly fire and team killing" system, friendly fire is prohibited, so its not all about team killing. Full details described above.

Q: I got rammed by a tank and then got banned for team killing.

A: Please use situational awareness and pay attention to other tanks. The movement/speed of both tanks is taken into consideration.

Q: Where do I report someone who shot me.

A: You don't, the auto system will handle it.

Q: Where do I dispute my ban.

A: You don't, the auto system has already handled it, and no disputes are looked at.

Please keep this topic solely on the topic of the friendly fire auto system

And abide by the normal forum rules when replying.

We understand your frustration, but forum rule violations aren't permitted either.

For further topics of your interest please refer to the main thread

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

jscsitohang #2 Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

Private

• 3920 battles
  • [IDHZ] IDHZ
nice, so many friendly fire in Tier 3 - T 6

~~~ Type T-34 Player ~~~

deano_au #3 Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 8847 battles

Tan, can you confirm when the FF system is in place?

I used to enjoy various shenanigans such as shooting my commanders or dropping onto teammates at the end of matches with glee but for some reason, the FF system seems to be activated in Team, Company and Strongholds battles - why? It seems to still be turned off in training. What purpose does it serve to control FF in these situations where no public player is involved?

Edited by deano_au, 05 March 2015 - 05:09 PM.

blokeman #4 Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

Private

• 10527 battles
This friendly fire system needs tweaking. I was shooting an enemy today when one of my teammates drove in front and I hit him, the shot sent him on fire and after a few ticks I turned blue. The rest of the team being as childish as they were proceeded to kill me. This needs to be changed.

R4Ging #5 Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 24975 battles

View PostTanitha, on 05 March 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

The auto Friendly Fire and TK system has been thoroughly tested and tweaked since its introduction in April 2011. It works and works well, taking into consideration a multitude of scenarios. As such, no reports of friendly fire are required, nor are they accepted. All tickets sent to support reporting team killers will be replied to stating this fact with the player sent to this post for more information.

Reports on Friendly Fire and Team Killing are no longer required or handled manually. So reports made for team-killing in game, will no longer be processed or required.

Reporting Friendly Fire, or disputing sanctions for Friendly Fire within the forums are both against the forum rules.

that has got to be the most stupid rule ever.

first of all, the automated system still has crappy weighting, compared to the justice a real person can give.

to get into further detail on that, there are multiple scenarios where it won't give the right amount of "team killing points" (lets just call it that), I'll name a few:

*(like has been mentioned) it counts every damage tick so accidentally setting an ally on fire could result to an undeserved ban.

*accidentally hitting an ally that is on cap, again, makes you blue right away.

*repeatedly team-damaging a specific player(s), within one battle or across multiple battles don't count more (it should) than team-damaging random players - a team-killer hunting specific players to be more clear.

*pushing out allies - basically team-damaging but without having to fire - should also count, and with heavy weighting as it usually results to death of the player pushed.

*module damage - how is this handled? breaking the tracks or engine is really problematic, much like being pushed out.

*retaliating from team-killers who, for some reason, just isn't blue yet.

*a player using an alternative account to team-kill - shouldn't the bans be distributed to all the player's accounts?

I'm sure there's many more that an automated system just can't identify properly.

imo, our reports should at least be accepted and reviewed, someone should then adjust the player's "team killing points" accordingly - yes, I'm also proposing a way to manipulate the automated system's "team killing points" for every player so that we get an automated system and some real people working together to exact justice as the current automated system just doesn't cut it, and it never will (ever wondered why most machinery is still handled or assisted by real people rather than AIs? exactly).

I'm not MAD, I'm RAGING. alt account: Medicant_Bias

Capetsino #6 Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sergeant

• 2535 battles

View PostTanitha, on 05 March 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I would normally be against arguing against a statement made by authority, but this once I have to - but I will do so as politely as I can. There will always be people who will endeavor to exploit a system and it has been documented and proven that the TK system has its flaws. Not glaringly bad ones, but it is inherently flawed because it was created by humans. To deny the possibility that a person has made a mistake (or that a system is infallible) is, well, nonsensical. It is only further made worse when authority refuses to entertain the possibility that there will be mistakes in the future - or that such can and will happen. Murphy's law will always come into play in whatever endeavor, maybe not now, but it is a matter of time - not chance.

I sincerely believe that a business that ignores the desires and interest of proactive customers is doomed to failure. Wargaming does have competition and it cannot afford to turn a blind eye to problems that should be addressed - even if they aren't urgent. :) I believe that Wargaming can improve the game further, but it cannot do so by just blindly marching forward and disregarding it's customers. If both the staff and players assist each other surely we can improve the state of the game.

Edited by Capetsino, 11 April 2015 - 08:58 PM.

Lift light, until you can lift right. Do not skip leg day. Over-training is bad unless you're on steroids.

bataan101 #7 Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 52901 battles
  • [-DSD-] -DSD-
hmmmm
http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/sea/bataan101/signature.png

rkos #8 Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• 5839 battles

does tk-analyser take ping-times into consideration ?

it happened to me recently that while firing at an opponent, ping-time changed to

999 - frequent issue when using a 3G INet-stick in India :( - the shot got released with 5sec delay

and team-mate at that time was in line of fire -> blew his ammo....

perfect team-kill but how to prevent from my end - btw packet loss again between telstraglobal.net

and wargaming.net as usual.....

bradw1995 #9 Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

teal forever

• 11497 battles

View Postrkos, on 16 April 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

does tk-analyser take ping-times into consideration ?

it happened to me recently that while firing at an opponent, ping-time changed to

999 - frequent issue when using a 3G INet-stick in India :( - the shot got released with 5sec delay

and team-mate at that time was in line of fire -> blew his ammo....

perfect team-kill but how to prevent from my end - btw packet loss again between telstraglobal.net

and wargaming.net as usual.....

I recommend getting the mod that stops you from shooting friendly tanks, it should solve your issues.

If stupidity got us in this mess, how come it can't get us out.

rkos #10 Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• 5839 battles

View Postbradw1995, on 16 April 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

I recommend getting the mod that stops you from shooting friendly tanks, it should solve your issues.

nope - it does not !

As the mod is running locally and data-transfer from server is delayed, the mod cannot recognize that

in the moment (respectively 1 to 15 seconds later) when my shot triggering is (delayed) transfered to the server,

a friendly tank will be in line of fire....

seanl #11 Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16604 battles

Quote from Thanitha:

Ratios are also taken into consideration comparing friendly damage to damage done to enemies, both locally (this game) and globally (recent gaming history)
 Unquote.

Now, this is kind of interesting to me.

Assuming friendly damage vs hostile damage done locally, does it mean a unicum (sorry for using uni+cum) who inflicted 300 HP damage on an ally and 3,000 HP damage on an enemy in a battle is equivalent to a less experienced player who did the same mistake but 100 HP and 1,000 respectively were punished equally since the ratio is the same?

A 300 HP damage on a "petite" LT/TD/SPG is fatal whereas it's a non-life-threatening  "injury" on a high-tier HT.

I write because I have something to say not because I want to say something.

Magnus_Krauss #12 Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

Private

• 27647 battles
I've only been playing since last month, I think? And twice someone has pushed me into the water and drowned me. The second time I shot and destroyed the one pushing me. Why do I have to be the one autobanned? I know it just makes sense progamming-wise, but why do these players even do that? Do they like team-killing?

ouchthathurts #13 Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Major

• 22729 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postseanl, on 09 May 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Assuming friendly damage vs hostile damage done locally, does it mean a unicum (sorry for using uni+cum) who inflicted 300 HP damage on an ally and 3,000 HP damage on an enemy in a battle is equivalent to a less experienced player who did the same mistake but 100 HP and 1,000 respectively were punished equally since the ratio is the same?

Yes. There's plenty of room for doing damage to teammates you don't like if you are careful where and when you do it and can do a reasonable amount of damage against the enemy as well. This has a particular application near the end of a battle you're winning to let you kill low-health teammates that are faster than you in order that you, rather than they, can kill the enemy stragglers for more XP.

From Tanitha's description above, this is a perfectly legal tactic. Tan, can you clarify that we would never be punished for this?

All pre-9.5 tier I through VI tanks played and elited.

jdogg #14 Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Private

• 27375 battles
http://wotreplays.com/site/2035673#windstorm-jdogg-m12 was in arty stoaked as thinking I had completed my mission then boom last 20 seconds into game team killed. bull crap?

Philip_0519 #15 Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

Private

• 3081 battles
I'm pretty new here, my first time using and reading this forum and something came up.  I was wondering why my allies are getting shot despite no enemies in range only to find out one of my ally is intentionally snipping them, not continuously but one bullet at a time, not targeted but firing where they will be going,  Not knowing the ban, and pretty annoyed, I did intentionally fired at him.  My only question is, this was my first time being blue/PK, but why do I have a seven day ban?

Philip_0519 #16 Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:12 PM

Private

• 3081 battles
Never mind, just read everything,  I honestly think this system could easily be exploited by unruly players once a loophole is found, like the player I've met.  And a lot of unwanted bans because of misfire (everyone commits one once in a while).  Out of curiosity, if you one shot your low tier ally due to your ally running to your line of fire, will you get the full extent of punishment allotted by the "auto system".

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #17 Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

Does the Penalty system, cover the cost of the damage DONE to your Tank?

As in if I get hit by friendly fire and it does "X" amount of damage, does the system award you the credits to cover the repair of said damage?

Because the "Some or Nill" part of your explanation doesn't sound fair if your taking credits from the TK'er or the guy who's doing Team damage and then not at least covering the cost of the repair to the Tank he damaged.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Speedyrr #18 Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• 40500 battles

This was an interesting read. So the system is fully automated and you can not send in a ticket to deal with this.

What I would like to know is if there is heavier weighting to a teamkill rather than just actual damage? I've been teamkilled in my artillery in the first 30s a few times over the last month, one shot and I was dead, and they never turned blue afterwards. One even said in game chat that I bumped into them at start of game so they killed me, but according to the above it's dealt with automatically. Shouldn't a ticket be available to submit for blatant situations like that?

SlowCheetah #19 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

Private

• 6356 battles
You need to put in a bounce mechanism as well as module damage mechanism. I had a friendly hetzer shooting me in my kv1 and he kept damaging my tracks and bouncing off my back somehow, I was looking around a corner so clearly he wasn't shooting at enemies. After 3 or 4 bounces on a friendly they should be banned or at least kicked from the match. I shot him back when he tracked me and killed him and then got instantly banned. He didn't even turn blue and it was obviously affecting my game, I'm a slow tank, so if you track me I'm a sitting duck. Please put in a bounce/ricochet mechanism as well as module damage. ie if you do module damage to your own team 3 times you get banned

Coster85 #20 Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

First lieutenant

• 4111 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
For the most part great.
Only downside or Wrong side of things is the "No ability to appeal a TK/TD decision"

If Someone gets a ban for team killing Trolls who force them into situations
Then simply sending in a replay should get the person unbanned (along with compensation of lost premium time payed)
Then the troll in the replay is banned.

Think a lot of it comes down to the differences in laws and Morals/Ethics among different countries.
And no i don't TK/TD

The Best Camo Is Not Being Spotted At All. 

The Dog, Is My Girl 'Shadow'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users