New Improvements to Team Battles in Update 9.7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
In the next update, players will be able to create their own static teams to join Team Battles and compete against others for the top rankings in the Global Leaderboard.

Full news text

baby33334 #2 Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 47059 battles

The lack of rewards makes a ladder essentially useless and the team would not have a motivation to play to get higher ranks on the ladder ... If WG wants this ladder team battles thing to work it must have some incentive over playing a random or even better stronkholds which can benefit players while this team battle ladder does nothing to help players/ teams get better rewards for playing better in a competitive environment

edit maybe like gold? it would attract alot of pubs to try it out at least , go in spam gold then develop their skills if they like it

Edited by baby33334, 21 March 2015 - 12:30 AM.

Husky1 #3 Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 42531 battles
  • [OPI] OPI

meh, sounds meh, its meh, wont work so well on asia, cuz its population is meh

tank companies died, team battles were boring with 5 min queue times, and now SH has never really enough clans playing except tier 6.

MeisterP #4 Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

Staff sergeant

• 16969 battles
  • [NYAA] NYAA

Because really who wants to play SH8s and SH10s and get seal-clubbed to death? Because the server is so small you're just gonna run into esport team after esport team at that tier. :p

Likewise for this team battle mode, but the good thing I guess is that the esport teams will rapidly rise out of the lower leagues and so everyone would be matched with everyone of their tier.

I like this. It is essentially the Starcraft league system incorporated into the game, with a hint of the Arena team system as well. Having 12 players in a team means 7 main and 5 reserve also helps NYAA a lot as it is usual for not all 7 core team players are online at once. I've also spent something like a fortune getting my t7s t8s ready for this mode and I really hope this game mode takes off and I am able to bring them all to bear.

Tweak the rewards and let us earn gold. I'm sure this will make the mode suddenly all the rage. Meanwhile, I really need to unlock the IS3 and the RU. D:

Edited by Khayuung, 21 March 2015 - 03:02 AM.

NYAA Tank Idol Project 5th LiVE confirmed!!

Bigglesfliesagain_ #5 Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 33079 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Time and cost are factors that turn me off these alternate formats of the game.

An example is the biggest problem that i see with strongholds format with tier 10 stronks is the sheer cost. 1 night of stronks and 1 million credits down the drain. That a metric butt load of credits when you are grinding out tanks for tier 10 clamwars. If the financial benefit is not there from a clan players perspective, your torn between playing stronks for your clan or grinding out tier 10's for the clan.

Both are expensive given the credits available from high tier tanks. Given clam wars is the end game, my choice is to spend the time i have trying to increase my clan war stable.

#XVMStatsMatter

#DepthMatters

#Are[InsertClanNameHere]Recruiting

DePunischa #6 Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46899 battles
  • [ARMED] ARMED
Team battles are like Historical battles not working on SEA....is a dead function...is only another point which frustrates many player to play on this Server...

mikelarch #7 Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

First lieutenant

• 34193 battles

View PostContent_WG, on 20 March 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

In the next update, players will be able to create their own static teams to join Team Battles and compete against others for the top rankings in the Global Leaderboard.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/tournaments/new-improvements-to-team-battles-in-update-97/">Full news text</a>

Who cares about team battles? It seems that's where the managers want our focus now since they are removing good maps like 'Northwest' and also the 'ghost town' which are exclusively for team battles and not for everyone who doesn't need to hide behind a group. This isn't even a compensation for the tragic pen nerfs that are added to the tragic accuracy & view nerfs from last patch.  

In addition,  bring back the other beautiful maps that were removed also. If you are going to remove maps then remove the choke point ones like Himmelsdorf and Ruinberg and the 2 new Russian town maps. Get rid of them then since bunching up in groups is boring with everyone doing the same unless that's what this game is now attracting; small minded group think!

The accuracy buffs that were in 8.6 were designed to remove the luck factor, however now with the nerfs it increases the luck and frustration factor. If WG are concerned about ht armor being penetrated by good medium guns then buff the ht armor that warrants it rather than nerfing heaps of other things in the hope that it will indirectly buff the thing you want buffed. 

Edited by mikelarch, 24 March 2015 - 09:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users