• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Major_TroubLE #1 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP
G'day fellow Tankers,

I've been playing WoT for two months now and i must admit still a newbie with 1,500 battles to date however I can feel i'm improving in the game overall and working hard trying to learn the game mechanics by reading forums and watching good tanker's youtube channels showing their replays so i can pick up a few tactics here and there how to play particular tanks and how to fight against it, right now i'm at 49% wr up 2% from 47% (25 win away from 50/50) after transferring from NA server, i can say ping is much better now therefore i can get more responsive games as split second can easily at times mean life or death so i like to take every small advantage i can get... my goal is to reach and maintain 52% wr by the end of the month or even until mid Nov (note this is something you don't want to rush as it can easily goes south in a simple series of bad lucks in a day).

Ok this thread is about how to improve your win rate, based on my experience as a newbie in the game we started quite aggressive... we like exploring the game (doing incredibly stupid things) and trying many tanks as much as possible whether by unlocking them and play them as stock or buying premiums only to find out they are not good or there's a steep learning curve to get use to its play style end result is your wr plummets.

One of the technique i would like to share to improve your win rate is identify which are the best tanks at your disposal that you are comfortable playing with and play them, play them a lot until you reach your desired win rate plus extra win buffer before trying and experimenting with other tanks you barely know.... for example you earned extra 4 victories, then play your other least familiar tanks until you gain net losses that is enough to cover your win buffer and don't go further down and play again your staple tanks so your win rate stays and gain you some buffer victories again.

I only play 100% random matches and my best tank right now is KV-1 at 60-61% wr and the Churchill, if i need some victories these are the tanks i rely on, i won't play any other tanks until i got enough victories in the bank to cover for possible losses. At tier 5 battles these are the top tanks and you can really dictate the out come of the game hence i'm having some success. If you're on a losing streak even in your best tank that's a good indication to quit playing, give it a few hours or even a day if you like until the kids/noobs are gone to bed/school :D  do something else to refresh yourself.

If you have anything to contribute to this thread, please feel free.

Alright see you in the battlefield!

----edited
Also i would like to add, there are many noobs don't know the idea of assault and encounter battles, luckily in patch 8.0 you can disable them in the settings menu!  --- if you're fed up with noobs try disabling it so you only only get standard battle.... me i had to disable encounter as lots of stupid players who will go early cap only to be killed because they just sit there waiting to be picked up rather than firing their guns from better positions, it works sometimes but not most of the time!

----
PS. Improving wr not for bragging purpose but for learning and  to bank enough number of victories to grind higher tiered stock tanks without risking your win rate sink to bottom.

Edited by Major_TroubLE, 09 October 2012 - 01:04 PM.

We Strike!

Kotono_Amaha #2 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Onee-sama

• Beta-Tester
  • 12797 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-
no matter how hard you try.. sometimes, your team can put yer effort into waste

MORE DRAMA!!!

Supreme Flagship of the Fog \o/

Major_TroubLE #3 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View PostSchnaufer, on 09 October 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

no matter how hard you try.. sometimes, your team can put yer effort into waste

yeah true but not all the time that's why if you are on the top tank you can really do something at times, if you kill at least 5 enemy tanks then that's 5 less guns to kill your noob team mates so your win probability increases... so far this technique works on me with some luck.

For example my staple tanks has 100% crew and nearly 100% secondary skills and complete modules so they have some advantages over some stock tier 5 tanks they may face, however my KV-1 at tier-7 games that's mostly pure luck if your top tanks team mates knows what their doing so you just follow and support them or motivate them to fight haha.

I'm really enjoying KV-1 and Churchchil especially on tier 5 games, there are many noob tier 3 and 4 like luchs and stuart drivers who don't know that they are no match against my tank but will still go head to head with me so at times i easily 1 or 2 shots them with my 85mm there are even times 4 of them charging me all at once then i still kill them all :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Major_TroubLE, 09 October 2012 - 09:46 AM.

We Strike!

UnknownPpl #4 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16748 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK
Why winrate?
It make me headache if I'm alone in the battle with all the players I dunno.
So, I choose to ignore it, as win rate really really doesnt affect anything.

**Platoon with 2 more strong and nice players also is 1 of the way to improve.
不名人氏 - UnknownPpl

Stabsfeldwebel #5 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18383 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Billy Connelly's Tip No 1: Win more Lose less
Pub games are officially trash since the great red TD convergence of 2013

Major_TroubLE #6 Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View PostUnknownPpl, on 09 October 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Why winrate?

**Platoon with 2 more strong and nice players also is 1 of the way to improve.

win rate can give satisfaction well at least for me so i can track my progress, some people look at win rate as indication of your overall skill and understanding of the game, it is good to watch your win rate the earlier the better because if your deficit is several hundred wins to reach 50% then it become almost impossible to achieve when you want it by then.

Also what if win rate becomes a basis of future MM? then you may not face quality players in the future.

Edited by Major_TroubLE, 09 October 2012 - 09:52 AM.

We Strike!

_DK_ #7 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26514 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
It just pisses me off how tier 10 players can be so bad. Cannot count the number of times I check the team score after, three or four tier 10s on my team and none of them damage for more than 1000 damage while I'm pulling the team with 4000+ damage.

Every.Single.Game

Insomnium #8 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 10110 battles
http://www.youtube.c...r/theriisingsun
This channel helped me tremendously when I first started playing WoT 6 months ago :Smile_veryhappy:  PandyCol's channel is not bad too but I kinda dislike his voice :Smile-hiding:

Politx_killer #9 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 28266 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Easy way to increase w/r, stay low tier and farm newbs, shoot gold and platoon with 2 more like minded ppl

Seriously tho find the tank that fits your playstyle then look into the forums and find guides etc on the tanks you do bad at and improve your overall skill in your worst tanks will increase you w/r

Major_TroubLE #10 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP
My favourite youtube channel is The Mighty Jingles http://www.youtube.c...r/BohemianEagle
We Strike!

n_station #11 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 14299 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK
At the end of the day you are a part of a team. You cant always save a poor team from losing by yourself, sad but true. This is a game based on teamwork. If your team doesn't co-operate/communicate, and your opposing team does, then your chances of winning are very slim.

I would suggest platooning, at least then you know you can rely on at least 2 of your teammates.

Splattimus #12 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 18489 battles
  • [PANZR] PANZR
First tip of improving your win rate. Learn the basics.

Map layout, penetration values of enemy tanks v's your gun, camo and how to use it. Build up several tank crews to 100% or close to.

Second tip. Learn as many other tanks as you can.

Only by playing, or watching someone else can you see what the strengths and weaknesses of your enemy are, and once you know their strengths and weaknesses, you can exploit them.

Third tip. Situational Awareness.

Learn to spot weaknesses in what the 14 other people in your team are doing. Learn how to plug that weakness. Learn where your needed most, and most importantly. Learn to always watch the Mini map. Learn that sometimes, turning around and going ALL the way back is the only way to win. Learn that your allowed to run all over the map, helping here and there. Count the tanks that have been spotted as they're spotted so you know which tanks are and are not in front of you.

Forth tip. Have fun.

If your not having fun, whats the point? If you are having fun, then win rate won't be the end of the world if its not improving. Sometimes you have 14 Idiots on your team, and short of the enemy matching it you don't stand a chance. If you still have fun the losses don't feel like losses, you gain confidence, you don't rage and do silly mistakes, and you win rate sneeks up.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!
I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Major_TroubLE #13 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View Postn_station, on 09 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

At the end of the day you are a part of a team. You cant always save a poor team from losing by yourself, sad but true. This is a game based on teamwork. If your team doesn't co-operate/communicate, and your opposing team does, then your chances of winning are very slim.

I would suggest platooning, at least then you know you can rely on at least 2 of your teammates.

yes this is true at times but not at all times as there are times you can still do something to win, for example i'm the only tank left and there are 3 enemy lower tiered tanks left, then you are on your own and the only one responsible that can bring imminent L to W... (or at least go for the draw), now what you do? sit near your base and wait for them if they don't cap then at least you managed to draw :D but you must know that if they come one by one you can own them.... happens to me several times.

That's why if you play a lot your best thank your chance of winning increases.

Edited by Major_TroubLE, 09 October 2012 - 10:34 AM.

We Strike!

Opy #14 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 13582 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC

View PostSplattimus, on 09 October 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Forth tip. Have fun.

If your not having fun, whats the point? If you are having fun, then win rate won't be the end of the world if its not improving. Sometimes you have 14 Idiots on your team, and short of the enemy matching it you don't stand a chance. If you still have fun the losses don't feel like losses, you gain confidence, you don't rage and do silly mistakes, and you win rate sneeks up.

So many people just can't enjoy themselves if they aren't winning.  Learn to let go peoples, play for fun and the challenge of it all.
But I'm the sort of person that gets a laugh out of the surprise of being a one shot kill from arty and ammo racks.

Kotono_Amaha #15 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Onee-sama

• Beta-Tester
  • 12797 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

View PostUnknownPpl, on 09 October 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Why winrate?

sad to say..
some people in this community are winrate/stat whores.

they'll try to plug in the winrates in arguments like

"you kept on saying the <insert tank here> is fine but you have 40% winrate blablabla"

Edited by Schnaufer, 09 October 2012 - 11:03 AM.

MORE DRAMA!!!

Supreme Flagship of the Fog \o/

Major_TroubLE #16 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View PostSchnaufer, on 09 October 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

sad to say..
some people in this community are winrate/stat whores.

they'll try to plug in the winrates in arguments like

"you kept on saying the <insert tank here> but you have 40% winrate blablabla"

right on the button mate! seems like if your win rate is bad you have no authority on anything WoT strategy lol.

Also i would like to add, there are many noobs don't know the idea of assault and encounter, luckily at patch 8.0 you can disable them in the settings menu!  --- if you're fed up with noobs try disabling it so you only only get standard battle.... me i had to disable encounter as lots of stupid player who will go early cap only to be killed because they just sit there waiting to be picked up, it works sometimes but not most of the time!

Edited by Major_TroubLE, 09 October 2012 - 10:49 AM.

We Strike!

ageNtreachery #17 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22257 battles
Platooning is the best way to have better games and results. And when you group up do it so you actually get the benefit from it. Drive tanks that work well together and actually stay together. The amount of people you see in platoons that are not supporting each other is crazy.

UnknownPpl #18 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16748 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostMajor_TroubLE, on 09 October 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

win rate can give satisfaction well at least for me so i can track my progress, some people look at win rate as indication of your overall skill and understanding of the game, it is good to watch your win rate the earlier the better because if your deficit is several hundred wins to reach 50% then it become almost impossible to achieve when you want it by then.

Also what if win rate becomes a basis of future MM? then you may not face quality players in the future.
Well, I nv check the winrate for sure. A platoon of 3 skilled players Vs a skilled players that nv platoon, the 3 players sure having nice win rate.

if win rate becomes a basis of future MM? then you may not face quality players in the future. That nice. If like that, maybe I can earn more exp~~ :P As too many easy target.~
不名人氏 - UnknownPpl

Major_TroubLE #19 Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View PostUnknownPpl, on 09 October 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Well, I nv check the winrate for sure. A platoon of 3 skilled players Vs a skilled players that nv platoon, the 3 players sure having nice win rate.

if win rate becomes a basis of future MM? then you may not face quality players in the future. That nice. If like that, maybe I can earn more exp~~ :P As too many easy target.~

problem is your team mates are also mostly lemmings so you always end up in frustration if that happens haha... i never platoon i only play random battles, i'm only new in this game so i rarely have anyone in my contacts.
We Strike!

UnknownPpl #20 Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16748 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostMajor_TroubLE, on 09 October 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

problem is your team mates are also mostly lemmings so you always end up in frustration if that happens haha... i never platoon i only play random battles, i'm only new in this game so i rarely have anyone in my contacts.
New? Jz find a clan ~ XD
不名人氏 - UnknownPpl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users