Weekly Special: Week of Liberty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Darvis #41 Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• 31115 battles
  • [TFS] TFS
I bought 2 usa tanks on this special - so when do we see a special with half price crew training?

wasaabi #42 Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22922 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostRachelleJM, on 04 April 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

That is irrelevant.

What Mr. Kyslyi said in the Youtube video regarding the Preorder package:

"...or to buy them in any other manner."

If WG is a public listed company in the US, the SC is going to have a field day. ;)

IMO the exclusivity contract has been voided.

So what are you actually expecting is going to happen then?

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

Holeinthehead #43 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58451 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostRachelleJM, on 03 April 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

M6A2E1 can be bought in CN server.

After the 3 day M4A2E4 trial, will there be any plans to extend the time period?

You did read the part where Tan corrected my horrible mistake where I listed the wrong tank ? The M4 I was thinking of is not M4 for this mission .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

RachelleJM #44 Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Corporal

• 34029 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 04 April 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

So what are you actually expecting is going to happen then?

Just sharing my thoughts on the subject. What is going to happen? Well, I'm not a soothsayer...

View PostHoleinthehead, on 05 April 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

You did read the part where Tan corrected my horrible mistake where I listed the wrong tank ? The M4 I was thinking of is not M4 for this mission .

Sorry, I don't know the M4 that you are referring to.

Weebl #45 Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

Captain

• 15027 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostRachelleJM, on 04 April 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

That is irrelevant.

If WG is a public listed company in the US, the SC is going to have a field day. ;)

Your opinion is irrelevant. 

U.S. Law is not international law, and even if it was, who the hell is going to prosecute a lawsuit against an international multi million dollar company over the exclusivity of a pixel tank. What award do you think you would get that would make that worthwhile?

WarGaming did not sell anything that was sold on the CN server, thats the equivelant of blaming Apple for a phone that Samsung sold you. 

RachelleJM #46 Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

Corporal

• 34029 battles

View PostWeebl1, on 05 April 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Your opinion is irrelevant. 

U.S. Law is not international law, and even if it was, who the hell is going to prosecute a lawsuit against an international multi million dollar company over the exclusivity of a pixel tank. What award do you think you would get that would make that worthwhile?

WarGaming did not sell anything that was sold on the CN server, thats the equivelant of blaming Apple for a phone that Samsung sold you. 

Irrelevant? That is your opinion and I don't care.

Facts on the other hand like the statement on the youtube video can be related to a particular issue and can be used as evidence. ;)

"U.S. Law is not international law."

Yay!!!! Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Captain.

Why are you even mentioning about lawsuits? That is a typical keyboard warrior's way of thinking trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

For the record, I don't own one of those preorder tanks and this will be my final reply.

If I own one, I'll start by contacting support and asking nicely for a refund.

Your analogy is similar to comparing apple to oranges and I won't waste more of my time commenting.

mttspiii #47 Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33369 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostRachelleJM, on 07 April 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Facts on the other hand like the statement on the youtube video can be related to a particular issue and can be used as evidence. ;)

Why are you even mentioning about lawsuits? That is a typical keyboard warrior's way of thinking trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

For the record, I don't own one of those preorder tanks and this will be my final reply.

Your analogy is similar to comparing apple to oranges and I won't waste more of my time commenting.

Actually, you're the first to refer to the legal aspect of WG's activity, so Weebl1's comment is actually related.

And his analogy isn't apples to oranges, it's more of Washington vs Fuji: both kinda apples, but not exactly that same enough. It's more of a franchise in the CN server, so it's like complaining in an Australian Maccas that the Maharajah Mac tastes bad.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Tanitha #48 Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostRachelleJM, on 03 April 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

1. M6A2E1 can be bought in CN server.

2. After the 3 day M4A2E4 trial, will there be any plans to extend the time period?

1. Ok if you say so.
Its a different world in china, so ..I don't pay much attention.
Especially with it not being managed by WG..

2. Official information about what will happen later, will be posted to the portal when its happening.
Its probably best if you avoid hearsay and possible futures.

View Postmikelarch, on 04 April 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

1. It seems it is a 3 day tank or if its a permanent one like gold camo then it is very poorly worded... 'reward will only be available to play FOR 3 days'. the word 'for' is a misnomer and the word 'only' is unnecessary and creates anxiety with the idea that the reward is ONLY FOR 3 days. Ergo people have to wait FOR 3 days BEFORE they get the tank. This is Easter after all and it took 3 days for the stone to be rolled away. Thus it seemed like the drum roll and red carpet was rolling out for people to wait for 3 days for the 2nd coming of the Sherman tank  since we already fought tooth and nail to get this prize tank months ago when we had to play every nation to get it.

Rewards:

• USA Tree Token
  • 1x Small Repair Kit

Note: This mission can only be completed once per day.

USA Tech Tree Focus

Obtain 5 USA Tree Tokens.

Rewards:

• M4A2E4 Sherman
  • Garage Slot

Notes:

• The M4A2E4 reward will only be available to play for 3 days after completion of this mission.
  • Players who already possess the M4A2E4 will receive a free Garage Slot as a reward

2. PS with no x5 xp or even x3 incentive and no 30% or at least a miserable 15% off for over tier 8 these days are you hoping many more players will leave ??? It seems insane to treat customers like this especially with all the stupid nerfs we've had and the pen nerfs to come to ruin our tier 10 meds we took so long to grind and also forked out big dollars at gift shop to convert some gold and get extra credits to get the 6 million $60 -70 Aus dollars pixel tank. Crazy. 

1. So you "worked hard and nail for a permanent version of the tank" and are complaining that a three day trial of the tank is easier to obtain.?

2. I've already listened to , and replied to with the full information to each of your similar complaints every week.

Please read some of them..

View Postneokai, on 04 April 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

1. Personally I'm not keen on TLVs in premium shop - the opportunity for misunderstandings/misclicks on getting a tank for perm/temp would be a headache.

2. Also do players who do NOT possess the M4A2E4 receive the garage slot permanently?

1. As stated, they wont be in the premium shop for now / starters. with no future plans.

2. Yes. but kind of.
The garage slot is perma Yes. but the TLV chews the spot perma as an expired TLV .. , until its bought, or .. renewed somehow by a similar promotion, or deleted by the player.

View Postneokai, on 04 April 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

1. Mike, Tan mentioned before that the x3/x5 weekend for us is coming later in Apr. Similarly the tier 8-10 discounts are also coming later in the month of Apr 2015. Hope that cheers you, I'm not looking forward to the x3/x5 myself.

2. My personal take (as the owner of several TX mediums): Pen nerfs on tier X meds are long overdue. It's ridiculous for meds to have the pen they've had for so long, it killed most of the heavies' gameplay in game. Just fyi, meds are the easiest lines to grind total exp wise - do a sum total of the exp and you will find it to be true. Also, you paid money for the convenience. WG delivered on that convenience. I think you're crazy for thinking WG owes you further on that transaction imo.

1. Yes, as stated, beginning of April got a bit thin due to features/content/etc moving.

I've added in two x3 first victory weekends into April though , and end of April is heavy.

And yes .. 8-10 discounts should be coming in May. I'll try to add some in there .. for a little while, until there is the usual complaints from that format..
Then they will be withdrawn again.

View PostRachelleJM, on 04 April 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

That is irrelevant.

If, if, but, but..
We .. Wargaming Asia. or even WG NA, or Wargaming in general... are not selling them.
The end.. 
For more drama needs please refer to this site.

http://www.nbc.com/d...our-lives/video

The forums isn't the place, and sanctions will be issued for continuance.

View PostHoleinthehead, on 05 April 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Yes, such negativity is great for the community..

And as I pointed out in my reply .. the tank that wont be re-sold, isn't a M4 .. its a M6. you are still calling it a M4.

View PostRachelleJM, on 05 April 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Just sharing my thoughts on the subject. What is going to happen? Well, I'm not a soothsayer...

Sorry, I don't know the M4 that you are referring to.

As above, facts first, posting later, drama never..
One doesn't need to be a soothsayer to know whats going to happen.

View PostRachelleJM, on 07 April 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Preorder tank in reference was a M6.
This thread is about a M4.

Sanctioned 3 days.

Regards
Tan

mttspiii #49 Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33369 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Tan, how did you manage to read all of mikelarch's essays when you're still recovering from your Easter flu?

View PostTanitha, on 07 April 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Sanctioned 3 days.

Wait, who?

LeSigh #50 Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 53560 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You mttspii.

Baddy.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

_shellshocked_ #51 Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 23764 battles
If I was to load equipment on this M4, will I be charged the gold to demount when they remove it from my garage????

1Nomad #52 Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Corporal

• 13682 battles
  • [NAVI] NAVI
How to get rid of that M4A2E4 reward tank? I want to keep the garage slot, but I don't want to use that tank. Selling is disabled and there is no option to delete it.

mttspiii #53 Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33369 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Post1Nomad, on 08 April 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

How to get rid of that M4A2E4 reward tank? I want to keep the garage slot, but I don't want to use that tank. Selling is disabled and there is no option to delete it.

I think you can't. WG's not in the mood to give away garage slots I think.

Tanitha #54 Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:45 AM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post1Nomad, on 08 April 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

I was advised before they came out .. that you could delete TLV's.
Perhaps you can only delete it when its expired?

Regards
Tan

bashotokoro #55 Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26888 battles

I'm pretty sure my garage slot has increased by 1 and i still have this rented M4A2E4 sitting on its own slot.

This was taken before i completed the mission and this taken just now

Notice the vacant slots? So, yeah we already got the free garage slot. No need to sell/delete/remove the rented tank

http://i.imgur.com/IuvRRw1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/16Zgdka.jpg

Chainfire #56 Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

Corporal

• 13247 battles

View Postbashotokoro, on 09 April 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure my garage slot has increased by 1 and i still have this rented M4A2E4 sitting on its own slot.

This was taken before i completed the mission and this taken just now

Notice the vacant slots? So, yeah we already got the free garage slot. No need to sell/delete/remove the rented tank

http://i.imgur.com/IuvRRw1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/16Zgdka.jpg

Me too. I have a free garage slot (since all my garage slots are full, I could figure that out) and this TLV sitting there.

kovec #57 Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• 1586 battles

View PostTanitha, on 09 April 2015 - 02:45 AM, said:

I was advised before they came out .. that you could delete TLV's.
Perhaps you can only delete it when its expired?

Regards
Tan

I can confirm that this is the case. Once it has expired you can sell it for 0 credits plus the cost of ammo. I can't say anything about complex equipment for gold because i didn't have any.
I'm actually from NA server, just playing here while i'm in Japan. Same username if you need to know my real stats :p

bashotokoro #58 Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26888 battles

Is there any reason i should remove the rental M4A2E4 Sherman tank?

As i stated above i already got the free garage slot when i completed the mission. Then, when the rental time expired, i get one more free slot but the Sherman is still there.

If i remove it, will i get another free slot? if nothing happen, i think i would like to keep it for sake of pixels :)

mttspiii #59 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33369 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
Guys, any idea how to wrench out crew, consumables, ammo, and equipment from an expired tank (without buying, or removing the tank?)

neokai #60 Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View Postbashotokoro, on 12 April 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Is there any reason i should remove the rental M4A2E4 Sherman tank?

As i stated above i already got the free garage slot when i completed the mission. Then, when the rental time expired, i get one more free slot but the Sherman is still there.

If i remove it, will i get another free slot? if nothing happen, i think i would like to keep it for sake of pixels :)

I presume you don't have a M4E4 before. So basically you got a free slot with M4 tank at mission completetion, then when rental period ended you got another free slot?

Sounds like a bug personally. If you feel strongly about it, please make a bug report at the bug-reporting section. Otherwise, enjoy the free slot. :)
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users