Domination Event Delay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

danielcwr #21 Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

Mountain Walrus

• Beta-Tester
  • 50799 battles

View PostKowarik, on 30 May 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

any news on when will the mode be available?

When Havok is released

GemPlank #22 Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

Corporal

• 3742 battles
  • [KPK] KPK
What havok? Havok just a myth

jdjdjdjddjj #23 Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

Private

• 588 battles

wargamming net dont cancel domination mode because we all want 3 trier 10 tank its ok we can wait and even 3 tanks you gave to us all only in domination mode its always cool

please dont cancel it

ps:i"m an $$$ customer

Tanitha #24 Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postjdjdjdjddjj, on 31 May 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

wargamming net dont cancel domination mode because we all want 3 trier 10 tank its ok we can wait and even 3 tanks you gave to us all only in domination mode its always cool

please dont cancel it

ps:i"m an $$$ customer

Its not cancelled, it was installed in 9.8 as announced. However it is currently switched off as a lot of player made addon mods conflict with it.

We will try to reduce the conflict with player mods as much as possible with a hotfix coming up shortly. And then switch the game mode on.

If you wish to play the new game mode, and wish to prepare for it..  please prepare a clean WOT Client ready for it as the more mods players have installed the more conflicts there will be.

The tentative schedule at the moment, is for the micropatch to be installed Tuesday morning, and the game mode to be switched on Tuesday.

Estimated downtime is about 45 mins for this update.

The new game mode comes in two stages, each lasting for 2 weeks.. So the game mode will be up for almost all of June.

View PostBadTeddy, on 29 May 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

Better still, delay the entire release until what is in it is working correctly, or drop features out from this release if they aren't working properly. I think it's a bit rough to do promo about features that will be in 9.8, and not have them when it actually arrives. As a software guy myself I feel sorry for WG dev's and production staff when people bag them unfairly for 'lag' in a new version, or other stuff that isn't anything to do with them, but this .... these issues are squarely on WG as things that shouldn't happen.

Now, if you send me a free premium tank I promise never to criticise you again... :trollface:

As above, its installed but currently off while we reduce conflict with addon mods.

View PostTinwing, on 29 May 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

No surprise when they rush a release to coincide with the release of another game.

WG need to listen to their player base and take note of their concerns. That's the main reason people are leaving or not putting money into this game anymore.

If you''re really worried about competitors WG then keep your player base happy and listen to them

There is an update every ~6 weeks.

View Postbolagnaise, on 29 May 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Release patch to coincide with another competitors product, only to realise you can't implement features because you released the patch too quickly. 

Not working as intended 

As above. It is released in 9.8.. we just wish to reduce clashes as much as possible with player addon mods, before switching the game mode on.

Please be patient for a couple more days.

Its due Tuesday if things continue to go on schedule.

Regards
Tan

1Nomad #25 Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

Corporal

• 13682 battles
  • [NAVI] NAVI

View PostTanitha, on 31 May 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

As above. It is released in 9.8.. we just wish to reduce clashes as much as possible with player addon mods, before switching the game mode on.

This is hilarious. All the previous WoT updates have broken every single third party mod that has ever been developed for the game.

First of all, they are all placed into a directory that contain the hard coded client version number. Secondly, the mod programming interface is being randomly changed instead of trying to create some kind of standard API which is the best practice in software engineering.

And then you claim to be worried about "clashes" regarding player addon mods and suggest that is the reason for delaying some new feature. Somehow this does not make any sense to me.

Edited by 1Nomad, 31 May 2015 - 05:38 PM.

On4 #26 Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

Corporal

• 8280 battles
I've never used Mod in my entire life playing WoT. Not our fault or Wargaming that mods aren't compatible. -.-

ELvyra #27 Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

Private

• 26909 battles

I have some problem,why i cant see my friendlist?? i cant plat,chat and etc.

please Fixed it faster :(

rash2000 #28 Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• 22905 battles

Yhea WG really needs to look into player's request / concerns .. they need to fix some most of their mechanics before adding new stuff... And each update brings a set of new bugs and glitches... you tank starts spinning wild at some point and shot lads outside the circle ... and the Ghost shell thing is really a pain..... MM laws needs to be revised and much more.... And a new bug of not being able to communicate with friends

Random tanker

~Rash2000

rash2000 #29 Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• 22905 battles

View PostTanitha, on 31 May 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Its not cancelled, it was installed in 9.8 as announced. However it is currently switched off as a lot of player made addon mods conflict with it.

We will try to reduce the conflict with player mods as much as possible with a hotfix coming up shortly. And then switch the game mode on.

If you wish to play the new game mode, and wish to prepare for it..  please prepare a clean WOT Client ready for it as the more mods players have installed the more conflicts there will be.

The tentative schedule at the moment, is for the micropatch to be installed Tuesday morning, and the game mode to be switched on Tuesday.

Estimated downtime is about 45 mins for this update.

The new game mode comes in two stages, each lasting for 2 weeks.. So the game mode will be up for almost all of June.

As above, its installed but currently off while we reduce conflict with addon mods.

There is an update every ~6 weeks.

Please be patient for a couple more days.

Its due Tuesday if things continue to go on schedule.

Regards
Tan

I hope the Contact bug is fixe in the micro patch so we could have a better game play in the new game mode

Random tanker

~Rash2000

1Nomad #30 Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

Corporal

• 13682 battles
  • [NAVI] NAVI

How to remove domination tanks from garage?

I am not interested in that game mode at all. It is as overly complicated as team battles became last year when I stopped playing them as well.

H_87A_2CU #31 Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34880 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Post1Nomad, on 02 June 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

I am not interested in that game mode at all. It is as overly complicated as team battles became last year when I stopped playing them as well.

Just don't use them thats an easy fix

What I like about this is domination is its a team event, so I tried it........really on the ASIAN server, I should have known better, oh my god, not laughed so hard in weeks, thanks WG. The number of tanks that were left sitting on cap after they died in battles was priceless (died and quit the battle.......maybe some announcements on how the mode works, you know respawn, repairs etc would maybe help some of the player base, well at least the ones that can read), and team play, up to awesome standards of team play on the Asian server as per the norm. ............I really needed cheering up.........can I please ask for a spectator mode for domination, then who needs to play tanks, I can just PMSL all day at the antics in Domination.

H

Fendalton #32 Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11391 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Why are people complaining that Modifications aren't compatable. 

They're exactly that - Modifications. You can't blame WG if your mods don't work with a new feature. Blame the Mod Makers. 

H_87A_2CU #33 Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34880 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Ahhh but Fen, you're missing the point........why should there be Mods in the first place, if there wasn't there would be no cheating scum on this server..............all those "Skilled" players would actually have to learn the game, rather than get 50% of it played for them.

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 02 June 2015 - 11:36 AM.

PanggaLalove #34 Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• 28083 battles
i have a question... if we put equipments on the tanks for domination.. what will happen to the equips after the event? will it be removed along with the tank? or are we charged gold for the removal of it from the domination tanks?

1Nomad #35 Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

Corporal

• 13682 battles
  • [NAVI] NAVI
What happens after the event is over is that your barracks will be so full that you must buy new bunks if you want to keep the crews. Then, if you buy any of those tanks from the premium shop, you will soon discover that they eat all your silver for ammunition and repair costs very quickly, because all tiers above 6 are a total rip-off in this game. So, I think they are waste of time and just trash in my garage which I would like to get cleaned ASAP, just like the rental tanks. The even was a brain dead idea if you ask me. Would rather see devs fixing existing, known bugs than implementing crappy new features.

Edited by 1Nomad, 02 June 2015 - 10:18 PM.

suomalainen99 #36 Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

Corporal

• 9761 battles

View Post1Nomad, on 02 June 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

What happens after the event is over is that your barracks will be so full that you must buy new bunks if you want to keep the crews. Then, if you buy any of those tanks from the premium shop, you will soon discover that they eat all your silver for ammunition and repair costs very quickly, because all tiers above 6 are a total rip-off in this game. So, I think they are waste of time and just trash in my garage which I would like to get cleaned ASAP, just like the rental tanks. The even was a brain dead idea if you ask me. Would rather see devs fixing existing, known bugs than implementing crappy new features.

hmmm... i'm not a good player but i still make 5 digit profits in the T34 premium (581 battles) almost every game, win or lose, survive or die. i never lost money in it.

1Nomad #37 Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

Corporal

• 13682 battles
  • [NAVI] NAVI

View Postsuomalainen99, on 03 June 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

hmmm... i'm not a good player but i still make 5 digit profits in the T34 premium (581 battles) almost every game, win or lose, survive or die. i never lost money in it.

Yeah, with a premium tank and a premium account it is possible to make credits in tier 8, especially with IS6 and T34, but with the tanks you grind without paying hard cash, it is pretty much impossible no matter whether you win or lose. I am playing 100% free.

suomalainen99 #38 Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Corporal

• 9761 battles

View Post1Nomad, on 03 June 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yeah, with a premium tank and a premium account it is possible to make credits in tier 8, especially with IS6 and T34, but with the tanks you grind without paying hard cash, it is pretty much impossible no matter whether you win or lose. I am playing 100% free.

that's true, one look at the stats tells that the T34 earns on average 20,127.23cr per game, T32 makes -6,996.05cr on average per game, despite the fact that the T32 has a higher WR.

1Nomad #39 Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• 13682 battles
  • [NAVI] NAVI

View Postsuomalainen99, on 03 June 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

that's true, one look at the stats tells that the T34 earns on average 20,127.23cr per game, T32 makes -6,996.05cr on average per game, despite the fact that the T32 has a higher WR.

I have T34 in my NA account as well. Got is as a mission reward. Like you wrote, the only downside is that it is pretty POS tank with total Swiss-cheese hull. Even lower tier T29 has much better armour. So, playing a crappy tank will make silver but damage your winrate. With T29 60% is well doable, but with T34 even 50% is extremely hard to reach. You simly keep losing with it a lot. The T32 you mention is a real tank, while T34 is crap sold to wallet warrior.

Meetoo001 #40 Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

Corporal

• 4608 battles

View Post1Nomad, on 02 June 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Not sure if you found it or not but in the garage on the left side at the bottom where you can select tank type, Tier etc there is a button with a tank icon, there is the facility in there to remove Domination Vehicles

Do not feed the Trolls

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users