Caernarvon is it worth it and explanation British Heavy Tank

Caernarvon Heavy Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Caernarvon Is it worth it? (8 members have cast votes)

Is the Caernarvon worth it?

1. Yes (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. No (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Hide poll

Hotrodcoupe12 #1 Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Corporal

• 22490 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

I like the Caernarvon it has a good gun. Okay side scraper and excellent hull down tank

The line leading to it

Vickers Medium Mk 1 - Good gun bad accuracy and no armour

Vickers Medium Mk II - Good Gun getting better accuracy but has no armour

Vickers Medium Mk III - Mediocre Gun no armour (Not the Best)

Matilda - Great armour, slow and great gun that has high rof high pen but low damage (which can make TOG get hurt)

Churchill I - Great armour, slower and great gun with a medium tank gun.

Churchill VII - Great Side scraper, slow speed, medium tank gun okay turret armour

Black Prince - The gun is getting better, Great side scraper, slow, good turret armour

Caernarvon - Great turret armour, good medium tank gun (accurate than most), people under estimate them in strongholds. It is faster despite not being the fastest heavy, arty magnet, somehow ammo rack a e75 from 500m away through a window despite low calibre gun. Good at conserving health. I think this is only worth it if feel like a heavy that acts like a medium tanks. Also beware the British Heavys

Feel Free to Comment

We came, We saw, We Conquered - Juluis Caeser

_Storm #2 Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

This has got to be one of the most pointless threads I've ever read.

if you had copy pasted the stats from the wiki it would have more depth than this.

terminator999 #3 Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

First lieutenant

• 23147 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
Basically what Storm said. Why does the previous line matter when buying the Caernarvon? You seem to know all about it so is this really necessary?

signature.png

Hotrodcoupe12 #4 Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

Corporal

• 22490 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
Well people haven't talked about the Caernarvon much but this is what I experienced in it. "Is it worth it" this bit is to make peoples mind up personally no until I try out the Conquerer
 We came, We saw, We Conquered - Juluis Caeser

HoPeY_ #5 Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

Major

• 100048 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Med and Heavy are keepers IMHO on the right maps. Love their guns after recently re-buying both.

_KayGeraint_ #6 Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 61919 battles
  • [N_P_C] N_P_C

le caernarvon is fun and good imo

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

ThomChen114 #7 Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36943 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

the Caernarvon is a good tank in the hand of good players who can use the strengths of the tank well and know how to hide or mitigate the weaknesses of this tank

it's a supporting heavy tank, and that's not a bad thing for the Caernarvon. it's quite content to leave the frontline brawling to other tier VIII heavy tanks like the IS-3, 110 and Tiger II. and while the 20-pdr may not have as much DPS as the T32's 105, the 20-pdr gun has better accuracy and penetration than the 105mm gun

it's also only a good tank versus bad players, because good players who know how to beat the Caernarvon will give you a hard time

it's highly situational, the Caernarvon prefers mid range engagements on hilly terrain and has to find every opportunity to go hull down otherwise it won't survive for long in the open

the Caernarvon was my first tier 8 heavy tank, and it was a nice break after the Black Prince which while having great armor (for sidescraping) had a barely adequate gun

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

Meany #8 Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24039 battles
  • [1AR-M] 1AR-M

I loved the Caern so much that it is still in my garage, the only other tanks I've done this with is the 2801 and the PZIII/IV.. It has a great ability to harass higher tier tanks with its higher pen and good accuracy as said above, the armour is good enough verse your own tier save for tds as long as you cover the LFP and put a bit of an angle on the front. The side skirts/tracks make eating shots very easy, especially with HEAT spammers. Going hull down is both good and bad with it, yes they cannot hit your hull, but the roof of the turret is easily penned, especially if you are firing flat (not downwards and hiding your roof).

You can fire twice for the majority of each tanks single shots, so being aggressive works really well. But in the end, if you recall the centurian 1, just think, -5km/h top speed but with everything else better, fires faster, more accurate, better gun handling in general really.. along with higher hp and armour values.

Also tagged with Caernarvon, Heavy Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users