• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

hate_pubbehs #21 Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 68089 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Or brains for that matter. God knows how many other clans are rigging this under our nose, but we can't do anything about them.

Yep.

10 days of pretending to have legitimate battles.

10 days of team A yolos and Team B kemps bush.

10 days of team A splits forces and Team B stays in 1 group.

10 days of all mediums vs all heavies.

All of those rigging methods are legitimate now.

But playing with your food after crushing the noob enemy 14-3 - definitely frowned upon.

Its so broken, just roll with it now and hope this is the last campaign of its kind.

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC

aurora97 #22 Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32465 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Do you still think cheating(or breaking the rules) is a moot point? Do you realise now why the various forum warriors had complaints about the "rules" even before they started?

These are only the surface of the things that are happening, the things that can be reported will be reported, but things like rigging may still be happening behind our backs with no one to detect or report them.

Still is a moot point, simply because people (at the point of inception) were merely criticising the rule before the events have even started and also the rules that were introduced were new and were supplement to those which are in existence, again I emphasize that most of the alleged cheats were either tech Vic or insufficient players. 

I anticipate teething issues, aside from what I mentioned above, nothing substantial has been captured. Probably because the real culprits are savvy enough to learn the rules.

Now, all the critiscm thus far has turned to praise, the only real concern now is whether such actions will be carried into actual clan war and practice's be continued way past this event. So again, whatever forum warriors have complained earlier, I think is premature and Tan has been instilling fear with his hammer.

To your last point, even the most advance country couldn't prevent rogue agents from flying a plane into a building or the best and well prepared financial system to starve off the collapse of a leading bank. The show of force now by Tan is admirable, however I don't anticipate it to be perfect but at the very least some visible action has been taken. 

Current event may have it's flaws but we can't put toothpaste back into the tube now, I think this quote is very apt in this scenario:

"Learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present."

Edited by aurora97, 10 June 2015 - 02:25 PM.

Tanitha #23 Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4478 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFendaIton, on 10 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

It's great, I love all the clans getting wrecked, it should be like this from now on. 

Would be even better if the reports were automated, or we didn't have to report it ourselves and the game did for us. 

There is two automated systems in place, newly developed.
However IMO they were insufficient. So .. manual systems were put in place over the top.

I'll work on getting the devs to adjust the new auto systems globally, or request they be altered for Asia.

But that's not a topic relating to this event. Development isn't quick.

View Postaurora97, on 10 June 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

1. Complaints are already coming in like twitter feed.

2. I think the current enforcement on day 1 of Armageddon is definitely a new high note for WG but the question ultimately can this continue on day 10th, 100th or even indefinitely, is it sustainable?

3. Automated enforcement (next complaint would probably your system is too darn rigid!)  will have to come in sooner or later, since manual labour is just too laborious and at some point prone to error. I can imagine WG staff attending to complaints as though it was a chess board game. Each complaint is required to be resolved in a chess clock fashion, delay may imply miscarriage of justice.

4. Answers can be found in post-armageddon, when survivors of the purge start to re-appear and we rebuild our lives.

Lol, I'm starting to like you.. I found 1 & 4 to be very funny :)

And yes, "Armageddon' was perhaps a good name for the event. Not so much for the event content, but for the clans being nuked.

2. 1st day..10th day.. sure nps, provided I'm not called away to any emergencies. But should be ok.

Indefinitely... Not sure. probably not. At the moment these rules are installed on this event.

3. Yes the automated systems need overhauling. They do not really address the issues here fully.

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Do you still think cheating(or breaking the rules) is a moot point? Do you realise now why the various forum warriors had complaints about the "rules" even before they started?

These are only the surface of the things that are happening, the things that can be reported will be reported, but things like rigging may still be happening behind our backs with no one to detect or report them.

Yes zero, but they are two topics...

Discussing and complaining about the rules before rules are posted is moot.

Discussing what rules should be etc for this event, on event day is moot.

The topic of providing a clean and fun gaming environment for players, isn't..

View PostSaffee, on 10 June 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

I just find it amusing how scrub clans puts a obvious alt (4 games) as clan leader.

Some people simply dont have any morals....

Alts are ok, alt clan leaders are ok.

But conducting other rule violations with a alt, or alt clan leader is not. So sanctions are escalated.

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Or brains for that matter. God knows how many other clans are rigging this under our nose, but we can't do anything about them.

Don't stress, play and have fun.

If you noticed, we sanctioned a lot more than what was reported.

View Posttimwahoo, on 10 June 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yep.

Correct.

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

StormCrowReaperManyHat #24 Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 21786 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Now a question. We completed our mission last night for 50k yet some clans have 10x our Fame points. This seems unlikely in the extreme after 1 night.

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

ZeroPauper #25 Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles

So much bootlicking from a single person, it's quite amusing to be honest. :popcorn:

It takes experience and foresight to be able to point our potential flaws in the rules and provide constructive criticism before the event starts, neither of which you have.

I'm starting a surveillance on a small part of the map from today onwards, I'll see if i can detect any suspicious activities and report my findings in a new thread.

Edited by ZeroPauper, 10 June 2015 - 05:33 PM.

When things fail, a good leader would look back at all his actions and try to figure out what went wrong to solve the problem and a lousy leader will start to make excuses and look for people to blame. Which are you?

Tanitha #26 Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4478 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostStormCrowReaperManyHat, on 10 June 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Now a question. We completed our mission last night for 50k yet some clans have 10x our Fame points. This seems unlikely in the extreme after 1 night.

You posted 5pm SGT : Atm you are 3 hours into day 2 so its not "after 1 night"

You can find the mission awards here.

http://worldoftanks....ons-armageddon/

Regards
Tan

aurora97 #27 Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:50 PM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 32465 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

If you r referring to me, I defend my ideas pationately. Whether its nuking swamp map or FBB banned because of chip spamming (the question raised, why was there was no rule governing chip spamming which resulted in the sanction of FBB and it took two long years to take action). I even lost my CoaF rep status in the process. 

What Tan is doing now, is in line with my aspirations (rules r put in place, transparency of action and convenience of lodging complaint), so I would gladly support it rather than to fault Tan's effort.

Stop being a killjoy and enjoy the event.

Edited by aurora97, 10 June 2015 - 05:58 PM.

neokai #28 Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 38940 battles

View PostTanitha, on 10 June 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

You posted 5pm SGT : Atm you are 3 hours into day 2 so its not "after 1 night"

You can find the mission awards here.

http://worldoftanks....ons-armageddon/

Regards
Tan

I think crow is referring to the players fame portion - the clan has farmed an impressive 63k fame in 1.X days when its nearest competition is 24k, and easily 4x the average 15k the vast majority of clans are at, including DPS, VPA, LUCK etc.

Spoiler

Binh_An #29 Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20214 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View Postneokai, on 10 June 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

I think crow is referring to the players fame portion - the clan has farmed an impressive 63k fame in 1.X days when its nearest competition is 24k, and easily 4x the average 15k the vast majority of clans are at, including DPS, VPA, LUCK etc.

According to Fame rule: 

Fame Points = EXP x BTC x SBC x QPC

EXP – average experience a clan got in each battle. Experience counts without premium account coefficients and actions bonuses.

BTC – battle type coefficient.

SBC – quest level coefficient

QPC – battle coefficient, which depends on whether the province is aimed for the clan.

VN-F members had 890. for EXP, 5.0 for BTC, 2.0 for SBC, 5.0 for QPC in one battle. That's how we got our famepoints.

ZeroPauper #30 Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles

View PostBinh_An, on 10 June 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

According to Fame rule: 

Fame Points = EXP x BTC x SBC x QPC

EXP – average experience a clan got in each battle. Experience counts without premium account coefficients and actions bonuses.

BTC – battle type coefficient.

SBC – quest level coefficient

QPC – battle coefficient, which depends on whether the province is aimed for the clan.

VN-F members had 890. for EXP, 5.0 for BTC, 2.0 for SBC, 5.0 for QPC in one battle. That's how we got our famepoints.

So you're telling us that the average experience that 15 players got is 890? Were your opponents idiots to enable everyone to get such high exp?

I highly doubt -QT- were such noobs to enable VN-F to achieve such a steamroll.

Edited by ZeroPauper, 10 June 2015 - 07:50 PM.

When things fail, a good leader would look back at all his actions and try to figure out what went wrong to solve the problem and a lousy leader will start to make excuses and look for people to blame. Which are you?

ZeroPauper #31 Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles
And is there anyone who can explain what the task Belluzzo is?

Binh_An #32 Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20214 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

So you're telling us that the average experience that 15 players got is 890? Were your opponents idiots to enable everyone to get such high exp?

I have no idea how exp is calculated. It was a pretty normal game.

Tanitha #33 Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4478 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

"Steamrolls" generate little exp anyway. 

+ -QT- is already sanctioned.

Regards
Tan

ZeroPauper #34 Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles

View PostTanitha, on 10 June 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Regards
Tan

I guess steamroll wasn't the right word to use. But you get what I mean.

ZeroPauper #35 Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles

View Posttimwahoo, on 10 June 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yep.

But playing with your food after crushing the noob enemy 14-3 - definitely frowned upon.

Its so broken, just roll with it now and hope this is the last campaign of its kind.

You forgot to mention,

10 days of only shooting the strong points of an enemy tank.

vipbluesky #36 Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• 29802 battles

View PostTanitha, on 10 June 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Regards
Tan

thanks for the great effort :izmena:

Tanitha #37 Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4478 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postvipbluesky, on 10 June 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

thanks for the great effort :izmena:

Thanks for the spam, lols :)

ZeroPauper #38 Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles

View PostTanitha, on 10 June 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

Thanks for the spam, lols :)

He's still at it, good luck Tan :D

Tanitha #39 Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4478 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostZeroPauper, on 10 June 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

He's still at it, good luck Tan :D

I however am not..

For some reason the support staff are all hiding ..

Don't know why..

/Tan

ZeroPauper #40 Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8691 battles

View PostTanitha, on 10 June 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

I however am not..

For some reason the support staff are all hiding ..

Don't know why..

/Tan

They knew what was coming :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users