We understand that most players thoroughly enjoy customizing their WOT client, which greatly adds to their enjoyment of the game, as such modding and mod availability will always remain.
Addon Mods offer a wide range of benefits, from changing in game sounds, installing Girls Und Panzer anime themes, Installing garages of the past and new player made garages, to providing some minor in game (localized graphics and interface) advantages, and many many other uses.
If you are new to modding, and would like to downloading some of these great mods without the risk of downloading unknown untrusted files or prohibited mods from the internet, we suggest you try out a more reliable source of WOT mods such as Curse. There you will find the common and "player's favorite" mods which are often supported by the mod makers, such as J1mB0's Crosshair Mod, Aslain's XVM Mod, and many others.
*Note : Tournaments have their own mod prohibition lists (currently all mods are prohibited in tournaments) so please check the rules of the specific tournament before applying, to make sure what mod's you can use / if any in that tournament.
*Note : Some mod packs such as Aslain's XVM Mod, while mostly legal, may still contain some features which may be prohibited on this server. So please check the list below to make sure that what you are installing and what options you are installing is permitted.
Although all calculations are done safely server side so no major alterations can be done to the game mechanics itself.. Mods may adjust local graphics and user interface in such a way that a player may gain a small advantage. Some of these possible graphical/interface adjustments are deemed prohibited as they are either deemed an "unfair" advantage, or against the spirit of the game.
World of Tanks Game Client Modifications which are prohibited to be used on the Asia server.
● Full or partial automation of sending a vehicle to battle, its operating and/or firing (IE use of bots/macro's for auto play)
● Modifications that remove trees, leaves, bushes, foliage textures or changes their transparency
● Laser-Pointer Modifications (line starting from the gun barrel)
● 3D-Hit skins displaying internal modules and crew positions, not including normal 2d Hit skins.
● Transparent textures on game objects penetrated by game armament.
● Modified tracer display to gain any advantages. (Highlighting tracers / Prolonging tracers on the screen / etc)
● Adjusted auto-aim systems
- Smart modified Autoaim/Aim assist systems (that aim for tank components or weaker locations)
- /Or doesn't aim at the center of the vehicle, leads shots.
- /Or can track a target behind obstacles and highlight its contour
● Free camera mod for in game use. Camera which is not attached to the position of a player, a “free” camera, able to move in three dimensions
● The use of artillery mode for other types of vehicles, or use of sniper mode for artillery
● Enemy reloading indicator/reload times, that have been adjusted from "stock default" to allow for equipment / consumables etc
● Automated use of consumables designed to be manually activated. I.E. Automatic use of manual fire extinguisher/repair kits
● Always visible outlines of enemy tanks
● Sixth sense perk replacements (To obtain a sixth sense type features on crew that doesn't have sixth sense)
● Received Damage Announcer , With information from unspotted tanks.
- Displays the name of an enemy player which is not spotted and not within radio /view range, and is not a SPG, that inflicted a non-critical hit
- *Note if using Aslains WOT Mod pack, use "NA version restricted"
● Last known position markers (Not relating to the mini map)
● Mini Map modifications that passively provide information to the player without the use of active teamwork.Such as
- Highlighting destroyed object/terrain/trees/buildings/etc
- Counter artillery tools that mark where enemy artillery shots are fired from
- Enemy direction/turret direction mods, view directions on the minimap
- Displaying the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility
- Enemy Field of View
In addition to using mods that include the above prohibited game alterations.
Discussion / linking to / promoting either directly or indirectly, mods which contain any of the above alterations within WG Asia communication channels (For example this forums), is also prohibited.
The above list is not exhaustive as hundreds of new mods are created every day and the rules still remain as ..
"Mods that provide the player an unfair advantage are prohibited" In addition to the ones listed above.
To help clarify further.. Please also find a list of commonly questioned game alterations. Which are permitted on the Asia server.
Permitted in game alterations.
● In game player ratings such as Wn8. W/L or other player ratings.
● Tank names, on the mini map.. Without information from unspotted tanks.
● Received Damage Announcer.. Without information from unspotted tanks (as detailed in the prohibited section)
● Over Target Markers Reload Timers - Adds a timer and loading circle above the tank counting down the "stock gun" timer. (Usually off by a few seconds)
● Minimap mods that display the spotting/radio distance circles and draw distance box of the player.
● Enemy Direction Mods (Spotted vehicle on aim circle only)
● White dead tanks (Prohibited within the developer partner program, permitted within game on the Asia server)
● 2D Normal hit skins, showing the external of the tank only.
● Free camera mod for replays
● Default Autoaim or mods which assist in activating the default autoaim by clicking near the target.
● Zoom-In/Out Mods (where the camera stays attached to your tank); to infinity
● Safe shot Mods that can prohibit players firing (prevent accidentally firing at allies or dead tanks)
● Modified Base Cap Indicator, indicating how many players are on cap, and expected time to complete the cap at the current rate
● Battle assistant artillery POV mod, which alters the POV of artillery.
● Compressed textures for increasing performance is permitted, provided transparency is not altered or foliage removed.
● Scouting assistants, Puts a blue lighbulb over tanks that you spot as you spot them, Puts a blue square around tanks as you keep them spotted, Pops up a message that estimates spotting damage as it occurs that can be attributed to you, Flashes icons on the minimap as you spot them
● Turning your tank into a motor bike sidecar and Alsatian