Prohibited Mods List - Asia Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

Flying_Elite #21 Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 23602 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

That was a part of what I was asking though striked it out as it was said and partly answered beforehand.

Spoiler

Facebook | Youtube | SEA Replay Thread | WotLabs Stats | Best Ambush Skills Asia

3 MoE: Crusader

2 MoE: AMX 1390, Skorp G, T-34-3, T-34, T67, M53/M55, WZ-131, STRV m/42-57

NICE MEME

BabyGroot #22 Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 43135 battles
  • [HODOR] HODOR

Finally. Most concerns have already been raised so i guess ill wait and see.

One question tho.. Where do I get this mod? 

Block Quote

● Scouting assistants, Puts a blue lighbulb over tanks that you spot as you spot them, Puts a blue square around tanks as you keep them spotted, Pops up a message that estimates spotting damage as it occurs that can be attributed to you, Flashes icons on the minimap as you spot them

I'm at LT15, and I could really use it.. Right now..

Need HELP with Individual Missions?

Follow this link: Urchin's obj. 260 quest log & other EPIC battle replays.

tlmitf #23 Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18917 battles
  • [-M8S-] -M8S-

View PostTanitha, on 24 June 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

1. Marks tanks on the mini map with which direction their turrets are facing ... ETC

Its prohibited.

2.  Enemy Direction Mods (Spotted vehicle on aim circle only) 
I have a screenshot for somewhere, I'll grab it..

3. A zoom out mod, just zooms out further than normally intended... which is nothing like 1&2.

Are saying that the white indicators (IE enemy position indicators) are now a banned mod?
I think that is about the only mod I use that is banned. I have used a few of the more questionable mods and found some of them to have very little benefit to an experienced player.

To be quite honest, if you want people to stop getting such powerful mods - stop sending so much information to the client! If you dont tell the client that is was shot by a T-54 hiding in a bush, then there wont be a mod that says I got shot by a T-54 hiding in a bush. Seems logical to me...

ReapermanRS, on , said:

+1 for distinction in the field of trolling.

http://forum.worldof...897#entry134897

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #24 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• 40867 battles
  • [CIV] CIV

View Posttlmitf, on 24 June 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Are saying that the white indicators (IE enemy position indicators) are now a banned mod?
I think that is about the only mod I use that is banned. I have used a few of the more questionable mods and found some of them to have very little benefit to an experienced player.

View PostTanitha, on 23 June 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

2.  Enemy Direction Mods (Spotted vehicle on aim circle only) 
I have a screenshot for somewhere, I'll grab it..

View PostTanitha, on 23 June 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

Permitted in game alterations.

● In game player ratings such as Wn8. W/L or other player ratings.

● Tank names, on the mini map.. Without information from unspotted tanks.

● Received Damage Announcer.. Without information from unspotted tanks (as detailed in the prohibited section)

● Over Target Markers Reload Timers - Adds a timer and loading circle above the tank counting down the "stock gun" timer. (Usually off by a few seconds)

● Minimap mods that display the spotting/radio distance circles and draw distance box of the player.

Enemy Direction Mods (Spotted vehicle on aim circle only)

-snip-

Regards
Tan

I would assume they are allowed.

tlmitf #25 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18917 battles
  • [-M8S-] -M8S-

I see. Thanks

Wasn't that clear in my mind. Not sure why...

ReapermanRS, on , said:

+1 for distinction in the field of trolling.

http://forum.worldof...897#entry134897

ibianconeri #26 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26939 battles
  • [-4S-] -4S-
Is there any automated system that will automatically detect this prohibited mod ?. If not, this would become "tiger on paper"

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

Splattimus #27 Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24331 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postmttspiii, on 24 June 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

But that means I can zoom out to see where the enemy turret around the corner is pointing?

Aye, will wait for the screenshot Tan.

I'm with mttspiii on this one. Zooming out as much as you want is pretty powerful, so much in fact I'm pretty sure NA has it on the Nono list, and I swear I'd heard talk about it being frowned upon even here.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Tanitha #28 Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4206 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postwilso2276, on 24 June 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

Tan, hate to say it, but grabbing the outdated list from NA won't help.

Displaying the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility

• Last known position markers

This is built into the Minimap function of the game, and is a quick change to the ingame settings. So how can you ban an actual part of the game the devs have incorporated.

Its not under the bullet point / section for the minimap.

View PostIVORK, on 24 June 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

It never mentions the minimap. I believe it is referring to drawn shapes on the battlefield that physicaly represent last seen positions or a tank that is outside of your render range. 

It is in need of re-wording / clarification for sure though. 

View PostSaffee, on 24 June 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

and for the main question,

has this been translated to other forums yet. 

It will be sent to the Asia team/.support, NA/EU, translation teams .. next week.

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

_DiscoStu_ #29 Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23509 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

This is a good start at least... now to wait and see how it is enforced.

It was always going to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't problem though...

I'm a much better player than I actually am... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChby0l_z0Lv_S0zLepFQ5sA

Minion__ #30 Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• 9808 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View Posturchin, on 24 June 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

One question tho.. Where do I get this mod? 

View PostTanitha, on 24 June 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

● Scouting assistants, Puts a blue lighbulb over tanks that you spot as you spot them, Puts a blue square around tanks as you keep them spotted, Pops up a message that estimates spotting damage as it occurs that can be attributed to you, Flashes icons on the minimap as you spot them

I'm at LT15, and I could really use it.. Right now..

Ditto, as in wanting this mod.

Bad@tonks, meh@lyfe, long of tooth

Splattimus #31 Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24331 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Personally, it was always so simple:-

Does it change only things outside battle? Go nuts.

Is all that it does cosmetic, ie new paint scheme, tank looks like a dog, prettier cross hairs, sky is purple? Go Nuts...

Does it provide only info everyone else has in game, right now, but perhaps in a prettier format*? Go nuts.

Does it provide only info everyone else has, but might need to alt tab to get, or remember for themselves? Caution brother... This should be the line Wargaming is looking at for things to add to the game. Past it is Indian Country, the Bad Lands...

Does it provide info not normally available to others? Nope, Nope nope nope nope nope.

Does it do anything automatically for you, except sending annoying text messages? Nope, Nope, nope nope nope nope.

*Prettier does not mean "Removing everything getting in my view which I can shoot through anyway. That would be "Info not normally available".

Simply put. If it provides any info the game doesn't already provide, other than Win Rate, and Eff, which on the whole, aren't much use anyway being averages, then more than likely, it should be banned. And if it does anything except send messages in the in game message system without you needing to type it, then it also is more than likely illegal. Multiplayer Game. Where You, Compete against Other People. Not you, and every mod you can download, v's Other People, and every mod they can download.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Gunduck #32 Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Corporal

• 4434 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View PostMinion__, on 24 June 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Ditto, as in wanting this mod.

Sounds like the Spotted Extended (aka Firefly Mod) by Spoter.

Will try and dig up a link

edit: looks like the latest version is missing some of the old features (eg. estimated spotting damage)

Edited by Gunduck, 25 June 2015 - 10:12 AM.

PC Specs -|- Intel i5 2500k @ 4Ghz -|- Corsair H100i -|- ASRock P67 Extreme6 -|- Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming -|- 12GB RAM -|- Dell U2311H Monitor -|-  Windows 7 -|- Microsoft Trackball Explorer

IMF_WorldBank #33 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Corporal

• 39102 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

View PostDanLBob, on 24 June 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

Wow, all the things I is learning today. I must go shopping for new mods.

Dan

Just recently found out about the extended minimap features and the only mod I have is the auto login.  Tried xvm a couple updates ago but so much sadness when you see your team is a tomato farm, I gave it up.  Like everyone else... waiting on update as to how they will keep these out of the game.

TrozOz #34 Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17374 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
A great move forward Tan.  Looking forward to seeing how it will be implemented and enforced.

mlar91 #35 Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

Private

• 37398 battles
  • [1971] 1971

why is "highlighting/displaying dead enemy tanks on minimap" banned? how does it give unfair advantage?

edit: thanks tanitha for the correction in the original post. it is not related to the minimap. so my question is obsolete now.

Edited by mlar91, 04 July 2015 - 11:34 PM.

IMF_WorldBank #36 Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:50 AM

Corporal

• 39102 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

View PostTanitha, on 23 June 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

2. A topic for another thread soon/later.

Regards
Tan

Guess it is not that important, eh?

adjective, later or latter, latest or last. 1. occurring, coming, or being after the usual or proper time

I believe most would agree this is a problem area for this game, why not rush through implementing safeguards against these types of infractions like WG does with new patches?  Glitches abound and yet still they do it...

Fastidius #37 Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13034 battles
  • [FURY] FURY

View PostIMF_WorldBank, on 25 June 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Guess it is not that important, eh?

adjective, later or latter, latest or last. 1. occurring, coming, or being after the usual or proper time

I believe most would agree this is a problem area for this game, why not rush through implementing safeguards against these types of infractions like WG does with new patches?  Glitches abound and yet still they do it...

this has been a long term question and really no one has a decent answer for it.  basically you can't stop them without disabling pyc files.  if they were serious about it they would checksum the pyc files and remove replacement of them and only allow content replacement which would allo skins/sounds/crew packs etc.

Reality is that with mods and Pyc files active they have very little ability to stop them/detect them.

Fastidious

Lion Tamer

All around good guy

Rusty-bot tester

Fury Fieldcommander/Recruiter
EX Aus Viking Diplomat/CW Commander

trevoor #38 Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

First lieutenant

• 7065 battles
  • [CTS] CTS
Last known position markers are part of the game mini map now? How can a mod that dose the same thing be prohibited? 

U12D13 #39 Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 28887 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Posttrevoor, on 26 June 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Last known position markers are part of the game mini map now? How can a mod that dose the same thing be prohibited? 

I think it refers to on-screen markers, Like a huge floating sign pointing to a bush of someone that was last spotted.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Karnneo #40 Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

SealClub Number 8

• Beta-Tester
  • 14184 battles
I'll believe this when i see some concrete action being taken.  Anyone can make a list

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users