Prohibited Mods List - Asia Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

_Spawny_ #41 Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 46801 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
I'm still waiting for official response on enforcement......

Fendalton #42 Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11009 battles

It won't be, lmao. 

You can't enforce client side modifications unless you have them screened on startup, which WG won't do. 

So in reality:

1OsmZLB.jpg

signature.png

H_87A_2CU #43 Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 33935 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Sorry to say it whilst the idea is great, when these issues where first brought to light something should have been done then. Whilst I hope to be proved to be wrong and this ends up making the game far more playable, I firmly believe that the horse has bolted, and this is far to little to late.

Another question raised is how will it be policed? - I hope there is some cunning plan in the offing that will address those that use them, and finally,

What will be done about those caught? - are we going to be looking at a naughty bad person don't do it again, or will WoT Asia actually hand out a punishment that fits the crime, like a full account wipe (minus premiums) or something similar?.

But until something is in place to find those using them, everything said so far isn't worth the pixels they are printed on.

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 26 June 2015 - 05:05 PM.

ZaQ #44 Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20270 battles
  • [RHA] RHA

Disable the mod folder until further notice. 

No more Headaches.

No more cheating.

Equal gameplay.

Besides, all players started playing WoT without any Mod/Add-On.

TargaryenSnow #45 Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 20489 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostH_87A_2CU, on 26 June 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Sorry to say it whilst the idea is great, when these issues where first brought to light something should have been done then. Whilst I hope to be proved to be wrong and this ends up making the game far more playable, I firmly believe that the horse has bolted, and this is far to little to late.

Another question raised is how will it be policed? - I hope there is some cunning plan in the offing that will address those that use them, and finally,

What will be done about those caught? - are we going to be looking at a naughty bad person don't do it again, or will WoT Asia actually hand out a punishment that fits the crime, like a full account wipe (minus premiums) or something similar?.

But until something is in place to find those using them, everything said so far isn't worth the pixels they are printed on.

H

H, I agree with most of what you say, however doing something about the situation is never too late and definitely actions speak louder than words (or pixels).   I honestly believe that serial offenders need to be taught a lesson, a system of one warning (notifying what the mod is) and then no further warnings and an immediate account wipe would seem to be a fair outcome.   If that cannot be implemented then teach the lesson early, shoot one and thousands will learn.   I know that WoT has a no naming and shaming policy but for these "crimes" that particular aspect should be modified, naming will educate the masses that WoT is serious and active in this regard.

Tan, thanks, the list you provided allowed me to pick up one mod in Aslains that I have now converted to NA (Restricted) in line with the guidance, I am glad it was only one mod at issue, like all honest players I play fair and will not be lowered in my moral and ethical beliefs to the levels of those players that need an unfair advantage.

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

Don't kill all the stupid people, leave some for the other guys!

Tanitha #46 Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:49 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4207 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Posttrevoor, on 26 June 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Last known position markers are part of the game mini map now? How can a mod that dose the same thing be prohibited? 

View PostU12D13, on 26 June 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I think it refers to on-screen markers, Like a huge floating sign pointing to a bush of someone that was last spotted.

Yes, its not under the mini map section / point, for that reason.

View PostFendalton, on 26 June 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

It won't be, lmao. 

You can't enforce client side modifications unless you have them screened on startup, which WG won't do. 

So in reality:

1OsmZLB.jpg

Yes kind of, but there is more to it than that.

For example there was confusion, now there isn't.

Moderators needed a list that they could prohibited / remove mods from the mod section of this forums.

Players who want to play by the rules, could benefit from a list of what they can use without issues.

This thread isn't about "enforcement of players using prohibited mods" it is about many other reasons.

View PostZaQ, on 27 June 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

No more Headaches.

No more cheating.

Equal gameplay.

No. it has too many negative repercussions so isn't a good or viable solution.

View PostBowie031962, on 27 June 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Tan, thanks, the list you provided allowed me to pick up one mod in Aslains that I have now converted to NA (Restricted) in line with the guidance, I am glad it was only one mod at issue, like all honest players I play fair and will not be lowered in my moral and ethical beliefs to the levels of those players that need an unfair advantage.

Nps have fun

/Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Tanitha #47 Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4207 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postmlar91, on 26 June 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

why is "highlighting/displaying dead enemy tanks on minimap" banned? how does it give unfair advantage?

Yes a good point.

And the main doubtful line on the list I think.

Perhaps it should be deleted. ?

/Tan

BabySofy #48 Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

Corporal

• 18592 battles
  • [RGSQ] RGSQ

View PostTanitha, on 23 June 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

● Received Damage Announcer , With information from unspotted tanks. 

• Displays the name of an enemy player which is not spotted and not within radio /view range, and is not a SPG, that inflicted a non-critical hit

Firstly, this is not making sense to me. Since the system(by default) tells you who damaged your crew/module(s) even they are not spotted. Why is displaying the name of not spotted attacking vehicle that inflicted non-critical hit consider "gives unfair advantage" and prohibited?

Secondly, could you provide any screenshot for reference? It will be much easier for the player to identify what is prohibited if the screenshot of such function/mod(s) is provided for reference. 

P.S. Though the experienced players are able to figure out which tank hits them based on the damage received

Edited by BabySofy, 28 June 2015 - 05:29 AM.

<<~Stop Raging Over The MM~>>

Karnneo #49 Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:30 AM

SealClub Number 8

• Beta-Tester
  • 14189 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostZaQ, on 27 June 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

No more Headaches.

No more cheating.

Equal gameplay.

So what are these Negative consequences ?

Oh you mean where people using "prohibited mods" rage quit cause they have to play vanilla ? 

Survey the player-base.  Most players (the ones who don't cheat) would support for such a move.  I would gladly give up mods for a fair game and i know that I'm not alone.

It would be nice to see something a little more concrete than making a list.

bio3729 #50 Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

Liberion's Ground Warlock

• Beta-Tester
  • 6836 battles

Block Quote

● Turning your tank into a motor bike sidecar and Alsatian 

I'd like this mod.

"One man who knows that a flank must be held is more valuable than an entire army who throws themselves across a field uselessly."

Favorite tanks of each nation: M5 Stuart | VK 30.01(P) | Type 97 Chi-Ha | Cromwell | Type 64 | SU-85I

Main tanks of each class: Type 64 | Comet | Tiger (P) | Jagdpanther | Hummel

Srap #51 Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 29147 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostSN_CongSon177, on 24 June 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

So how can we find out someone using prohibited mods or not? This list seem meaningless :sceptic:

They can't, unless wargaming produces a program that scans your mod folder before starting the game and uploads the information of what mods are being used by the player.

Intel 4790k @4Ghz, EVGA GTX980 SC ACXv2,16GB Ram, Sabretooth Mark II

IVORK #52 Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13759 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostKarnneo, on 28 June 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Oh you mean where people using "prohibited mods" rage quit cause they have to play vanilla ? 

Survey the player-base.  Most players (the ones who don't cheat) would support for such a move.  I would gladly give up mods for a fair game and i know that I'm not alone.

I'm not giving up my mods just because some shipheads use illegal mods. This is the same argument as the US' 2nd amendment argument; Why should I lose my guns when I'm responsible just because that guy mowed down a school. 

*Online interactions not rated by the SERB

tedamaru #53 Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 46985 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
Hey tan, i found a mod in aslain's mod that enhances auto aim that can "Auto Aim a tank that is near to the reticle even though the tank is not highlighted or behind an obstacle", is this mod prohibited? 

Newbinator #54 Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24290 battles

Don't see why you need to play the game with mods, if you really need them to play, then you are playing it wrong.

Cosmetic mods such as tank skins, yeah on the fence about them, only because they allow for the creation of "hit skins". There are enough resources on the internet to allow for "learning" weak zones...so yeah I guess they aren't needed.

XVM, I reckon that can go, I personally see no benefit for using it, only to observe players to bully others (sometimes). Which is another example of exacerbating server elitism and detraction from the enjoyment that could be otherwise found playing

The below quote is so wrong on so many levels, how can you compare, really?

View PostIVORK, on 28 June 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

I'm not giving up my mods just because some shipheads use illegal mods. This is the same argument as the US' 2nd amendment argument; Why should I lose my guns when I'm responsible just because that guy mowed down a school. 

bradw1995 #55 Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• 10495 battles

View PostNewbinator, on 28 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Don't see why you need to play the game with mods, if you really need them to play, then you are playing it wrong.

Cosmetic mods such as tank skins, yeah on the fence about them, only because they allow for the creation of "hit skins". There are enough resources on the internet to allow for "learning" weak zones...so yeah I guess they aren't needed.

XVM, I reckon that can go, I personally see no benefit for using it, only to observe players to bully others (sometimes). Which is another example of exacerbating server elitism and detraction from the enjoyment that could be otherwise found playing

XVM helps players see who they can and can't rely on in a sticky situation aswell as who you can use as meatshields/bait because they are unlikely to contribute anything to the team. It also helps to plan how you are going to play, where you will go, who you need to look our for, who you can outplay and many other things. That being said I have not used XVM for the last two updates and find that from a mental health standpoint it is much better to have it off.

“If stupidity got us in this mess, how come it can't get us out.” 

Tanitha #56 Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4207 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Posttedamaru, on 28 June 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hey tan, i found a mod in aslain's mod that enhances auto aim that can "Auto Aim a tank that is near to the reticle even though the tank is not highlighted or behind an obstacle", is this mod prohibited? 

Hello, No.

Tanitha #57 Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4207 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postbio3729, on 28 June 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

I'd like this mod.

I'm not sure if there is a current version of this mod, that works with the current version of WOT.

Its a fairly old mod. 

View PostIVORK, on 28 June 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm not giving up my mods just because some shipheads use illegal mods. 

Yes it a common consensus.

ZeroPauper #58 Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8684 battles

View PostTanitha, on 23 June 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

World of Tanks Game Client Modifications which are prohibited to be used on thAsia server.

● Last known position markers

I'm confused, doesn't this make XVM prohibited?

When things fail, a good leader would look back at all his actions and try to figure out what went wrong to solve the problem and a lousy leader will start to make excuses and look for people to blame. Which are you?

Tanitha #59 Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:47 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4207 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostZeroPauper, on 28 June 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

I'm confused, doesn't this make XVM prohibited?

Hello Zero,

Thats already been asked and answered 3-4 times in this thread.

The line you are quoting is not relating to the mini map, and not under the bullet point for minimap alterations.

I'll write on the main list (Not relating to mini map) to make it clearer 

/Tan 

Fastidius #60 Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• 13034 battles
  • [FURY] FURY

View PostKarnneo, on 28 June 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

Negatve consequences are that you lose all of XVM,Hit logs, angling info,custom sights  etc...sound replacement, skin replacement, minions crews etc. 

Asset replacement would work which would to keep A lot of things.  By that i mean disabling the ability to load pyc files but allowing various other types however I believe that this would be a decent sized development change and based on the amount of headaches/changes the API gets it also may not really be in their current Dev capabilities.  This would however just make devs work on injectors which basically already exist and make it pretty much a short term gain.  The actual problem comes from the datastream which is not encrypted in a way that is secure.

View PostSrap, on 28 June 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

They can't, unless wargaming produces a program that scans your mod folder before starting the game and uploads the information of what mods are being used by the player.

Scanning folders is not capable of stopping injectors which already exist. Also what do you scan for?  Short term reduction in mods but long term they can get around it.

Fastidious

Lion Tamer

All around good guy

Rusty-bot tester

Fury Fieldcommander/Recruiter
EX Aus Viking Diplomat/CW Commander

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users