CRD Rules Guidelines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

AHB_Centurion #1 Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 31157 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

With the pending opening of the new Global Map, the CRD section of the forums will return.

After discussion with Tanitha it has been decided to engage the community on what they feel should be allowed in this new forum. 

The previous rules were:  

Clan Rivalry / Diplomacy
The current rules for the "Clan Rivalry / Diplomacy" section are as follows.

* This section contains the threads made by players for general clan rivalry and diplomacy. Since the purpose of this section revolves around clan rivalry, moderation will be lighter in this section due to clan rivalry belonging in this section.
* Normal forum rules such as sanctions on insults, inappropriate language, naming and shaming players, etc,, will be enforced within this section, however friendly clan ribbing and clan rivalry is permitted within this section to some extent.

* Racism/Nationalism or any other form of derogatory references, are not tolerated.
* Any clan rivalry outside of this section, will be deemed as off-topic and shall be sanctioned.

* In addition the normal Forum Rules will be referred to

I have offered to gather the feedback from Clan Commanders and Senior officers and then submit a revised set of rules for posting in Clan Rivalry & Diplomacy. As not all clans are in the CoAF Skype channel I feel that this is a fairer way to gather suggestions and ideas. With the emergence of Strongholds as an integral step towards fighting on the map this area of the game should/could also be included

If you have any ideas but are reluctant to post them in an open forum then feel free to PM me using the link in my signature.

I have to place an end date in this so all suggestions should be submitted by 2400 on Wednesday 1st July Server time.

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 29 June 2015 - 02:07 PM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

AHB_Centurion #2 Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

• Senior Moderator
  • 31157 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

Clan Rivalry: 

• Declaring war on another clan
  • Trolling of clans, including after battle reports (so long as individuals aren't targetted I don't think the team needs to be censored?)
  • Discussing the tactics (or lack of) used by a clan in battle

Clan Diplomacy: 

• Creating an alliance with another clan
  • Dissolving an alliance with another clan
  • Declaring an alliance with other clans
  • Requesting an alliance

Clan Public Battles: 

Conduct of individual clan members or platoons will be included in the CRD section. However for any conduct that is inappropriate you may also consider one of the following options

• By using the ingame report system 
  • Direct via PM to the Clan's diplomat or commander
  • Direct via PM to a Moderator

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 30 June 2015 - 03:37 PM.

Spoiler

AHB_Centurion #3 Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

• Senior Moderator
  • 31157 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

So in addition to what has been posted above

So far I have 

• Dont assume that using the clans country if they use in the tag is racist
  • Dont assume that using your country in the clan tag is nationalistic
  • Engage with posters, for low level or "dubious" content start a PM chat and discuss options
  • PC rules should be relaxed and a warning issued that CRD content may offend
  • No Unicorns, Rainbows, Kittens or chocolate rivers (I think the chocolate rivers have merit though)
  • Identify in the forum thread who the CRD moderators are and make them a point of contact to all
  • If CRD is to be the Utopia of Trolling or the Forum End-Game then the community need to assist in keeping it to Rivalry/Diplomacy nothing else

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 29 June 2015 - 06:35 PM.

Spoiler

AHB_Centurion #4 Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

• Senior Moderator
  • 31157 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
Reserved

Spoiler

dead_man_walking #5 Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20387 battles
  • [-NRD-] -NRD-

IMO I see no need to have separate "relaxed" rules for any section of the forums.

Hilly #6 Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

We always have room for someone with the right requirements

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 11365 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
My opinion is the rules should be the same as before but the penalties for over stepping the mark should be harsher! Keeps the forums interesting, good banter etc.  I think the rules were fine before, but people go away with it more so just kept posting away.  Have some rules in place but increase the penalties.  That's my 2 cents Cents

Edited by Hilly, 29 June 2015 - 02:03 PM.

Pyromaniacs [PYRO] is recruiting now. Please email/pm me if you are interested.

Deathskyz #7 Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14961 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

I'm sorry there is Nationalism going on.

Maybe its because to mention a couple of controversial clans in CR/D you also have to mention their nationality because their nationality is in the clan name.

If I call SNTR Singaporean Noobs do I get banned for racism?

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

fabiensg #8 Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

padder ex machina

• 16932 battles
CR/D without banter nor witticism would be like reading a book I am not interested in. I close it.

There will always be over the line posts. Just continue to address and moderate them.

Politically correct content is fine for people who have gone sexually inactive. For the others who still have the blood rushing, banter is what makes the read worthwhile.

-- T28 Concept --

LT   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

MT  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

HT  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

TD  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

NK_ #9 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• 15730 battles

I'm sorry but CR/D AKA "Place of Happy Rainbow Unicorns and Chocolate Rivers" just won't gel.  

You may get some kids who want to play sandcastles with each other in it, but when it's Clan Wars there needs to be a form of unleashed brutality in the honesty department.  

Block Quote

•  Good natured trolling of clans, including after battle reports (so long as individuals aren't targetted I don't think the team needs to be censored?)

^ Wut. 

Hey Jeff, your clan was showing poor form on the field of battle the other night old chap, chin up laddy we all have bad days don't let it get to you hohoho. 

I can't imagine even wanting to be a part of that. 

There really is a place needed that you can take the chains off and let us go at it like mongrel dogs.  

You know what, not everyone on this earth needs to get along with each other all the time. Some of the best friendships in have been born from two enemies that have nearly killed each other only two become the best comrades.  

This CR/D would lack any form of human emotion and that's not a good thing.  

If that is what you want from it, keep it closed, it's not worth re-opening "land of fairytales".  

Cronk #10 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24407 battles

View PostDeathskyz, on 29 June 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

I'm sorry there is Nationalism going on.

Maybe its because to mention a couple of controversial clans in CR/D you also have to mention their nationality because their nationality is in the clan name.

If I call SNTR Singaporean Noobs do I get banned for racism?

I think it depends if you are denigrating the clan or the nation.

Clan x are a bunch of cheating rigging [edited] = ok?

All players from country x are a bunch of cheating rigging [edited] = bad.

Back to the topic at hand, some suggestions.

• Track down Mick42 and ask him for some tips on how to moderate CR/D.
  • Retrain all moderators to the Mick42™ standard of CR/D moderation.
  • Keep the rules essentially the same as they were previously and enforce in a fair and balanced way without double standards. eg anyone can use google translate to post or nobody can.
  • Allow naming and shaming of clans based on individual actions as long as identity of individual is properly concealed, I believe this was the interpretation that was in effect previously.
  • Remove offending posts rather than nuking entire threads unless the thread itself is in violation.
  • Enforce the rules regarding racism/nationalism equally across all language sections, not doing this would in itself be racist.
  • Maintain demarcation between roles, ie moderation of CR/D kept strictly in the hands of moderators and restricted to enforcement of the forum rules only. Other titles like administrators or producers or moderators of other language sections of the community respectfully requested to stay out of CR/D and stick to their respective roles to avoid any perceptions of bias or conflict of interest.

May have stepped slightly outside the scope of this thread with some of those suggestions, however they represent some of the concerns I see being repeatedly raised by players.

Block Quote

WG will just do whatever is needed to keep us on the gerbil wheel. Logic is just the beef they put on the pill to make the dog swallow it.

fabiensg #11 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

padder ex machina

• 16932 battles
Make CR/D [PG16] and put a dialog box that requires the reader to acknowledge he/she is 16+ Years old.

-- T28 Concept --

LT   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

MT  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

HT  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

TD  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

Cronk #12 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24407 battles

View Postfabiensg, on 29 June 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

Make CR/D [PG16] and put a dialog box that requires the reader to acknowledge he/she is 16+ Years old.

ESRB Notice:

Forum experience may change when entering CR/D.

Edited by Cronk, 29 June 2015 - 03:27 PM.

Block Quote

WG will just do whatever is needed to keep us on the gerbil wheel. Logic is just the beef they put on the pill to make the dog swallow it.

Deathskyz #13 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14961 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostCronk, on 29 June 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

I think it depends if you are denigrating the clan or the nation.

Clan x are a bunch of cheating rigging [edited] = ok?

All players from country x are a bunch of cheating rigging [edited] = bad.

Doesnt matter. You still get ROed anyway.

Thats where the problem is.

How many clans of a particular nation have their nationality in it?

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

afoxq #14 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

• 35104 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostNK_, on 29 June 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm sorry but CR/D AKA "Place of Happy Rainbow Unicorns and Chocolate Rivers" just won't gel.  

You may get some kids who want to play sandcastles with each other in it, but when it's Clan Wars there needs to be a form of unleashed brutality in the honesty department.  

^ Wut. 

Hey Jeff, your clan was showing poor form on the field of battle the other night old chap, chin up laddy we all have bad days don't let it get to you hohoho. 

I can't imagine even wanting to be a part of that. 

There really is a place needed that you can take the chains off and let us go at it like mongrel dogs.  

You know what, not everyone on this earth needs to get along with each other all the time. Some of the best friendships in have been born from two enemies that have nearly killed each other only two become the best comrades.  

This CR/D would lack any form of human emotion and that's not a good thing.  

If that is what you want from it, keep it closed, it's not worth re-opening "land of fairytales".  

But but but NK_, 

We have to keep our egos in check.

We carrot hertz dem feels of dem lesser skrill3d clams that are out of the loop of the current meta and atmosphere of Clam Warz™ 

We have to play nice, cause [insert] #raisins.   

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™

ZeroPauper #15 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8707 battles

View PostDeathskyz, on 29 June 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Doesnt matter. You still get ROed anyway.

Thats where the problem is.

How many clans of a particular nation have their nationality in it?

And how many have their flag as their logo?

When things fail, a good leader would look back at all his actions and try to figure out what went wrong to solve the problem and a lousy leader will start to make excuses and look for people to blame. Which are you?

Tanitha #16 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postfabiensg, on 29 June 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Politically correct content is fine for people who have gone sexually inactive. For the others who still have the blood rushing, banter is what makes the read worthwhile.

That's certainly a different/colorful way of expressing that point :)

View PostHilly, on 29 June 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

My opinion is the rules should be the same as before but the penalties for over stepping the mark should be harsher! Keeps the forums interesting, good banter etc.  I think the rules were fine before, but people go away with it more so just kept posting away.  Have some rules in place but increase the penalties.  That's my 2 cents Cents

View PostCronk, on 29 June 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

• Maintain demarcation between roles, ie moderation of CR/D kept strictly in the hands of moderators and restricted to enforcement of the forum rules only. Other titles like administrators or producers or moderators of other language sections of the community respectfully requested to stay out of CR/D and stick to their respective roles to avoid any perceptions of bias or conflict of interest.

The issues here are,

1. Moderators are players in clans ..

2. New moderators have little experience (obviously)

Which leads to..

Clanned moderators have difficulty / usually don't ... moderate their own clan's post, allied clans posts, enemy clans posts .. Or such can be seen as biased.

So these are then left to other neutral moderators.

Which leads to .. "But this moderator left it, then this moderator moderated it"

Sometimes things need referring to senior moderators, and/or staff, this is not "Double standards" which is commonly cried. Its the issue being referred to the appropriate channels for moderation.

Which leads to..
New moderators not being permitted to moderate CRD

Add 1&2 together, moderation of CRD is often slower, and sometimes missed, due to the lack of experienced moderators that can unbiasedly moderate there. 

View PostCronk, on 29 June 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

ESRB Notice:

Forum experience may change when entering CR/D.

Lol

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Deathskyz #17 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:58 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14961 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostZeroPauper, on 29 June 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Precisely.

They want to demonstrate their Nationalism and shove it in their faces and take it as far as to name a clan after a military that committed war crimes.

But say anything about that part and they cry racism.

Edited by Deathskyz, 29 June 2015 - 03:58 PM.

Tanitha #18 Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:58 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostZeroPauper, on 29 June 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

VN is fairly unique there.They have been an occupied country for most of the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam

And are currently enjoying their non occupation.

It is similar with Taiwan, who like to fly the TW flag to show they do not consider themselves part of China, as China would like..

/Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

meta69 #19 Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 8407 battles
  • [DOTM] DOTM

Hallelujah.

Thank you Spawnster?

WoT Malaysia Channel [link]

WoWS Malaysia Channel [link]

Politx_killer #20 Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTanitha, on 29 June 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

That's certainly a different/colorful way of expressing that point :)

The issues here are,

1. Moderators are players in clans ..

Which leads to..

Clanned moderators have difficulty / usually don't ... moderate their own clan's post, allied clans posts, enemy clans posts .. Or such can be seen as biased.

So these are then left to other neutral moderators.

Which leads to .. "But this moderator left it, then this moderator moderated it"

2.Sometimes things need referring to senior moderators, and/or staff, this is not "Double standards" which is commonly cried. Its the issue being referred to the appropriate channels for moderation.

Which leads to..
New moderators not being permitted to moderate CRD

3. moderation of CRD is often slower, and sometimes missed, due to the lack of experienced moderators that can unbiasedly moderate there. 

Lol

1. If you cannot guarantee their unbiased moderation, sack them. Its that simple.

2. The fact you get hit twice, instead of waiting for the staff/head honcho to drop the red axe frankly is a bad process.

3. I see no problem with this. A little bit of leeway (within reason) would go a long way to creating trust between the players/mods/staff. Instead of getting the book thrown at them for slight infractions, a PM asking to remove the offending post or edit it would be a far more community building friendly exercise then just dropping the red pen on them.

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

Also tagged with CRD, Rules, Guidelines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users