Middle of the map and high grounds .

Positions wins games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

UreshiiHime #1 Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 18671 battles

I recently tested out taking the middle of the map and invested heavily on high grounds and found that it worked , for a long time I could not maintain my own WR and see a steady decline over the year but with the new methods . I find myself having a bigger role in early game rather than mid game , does anyone else having similar experiences ? If you guys do , please share about the good early spots in game . In my short session today , I been testing all sorts of places I never would have gone to in the past , some worked and some don't . I intend to update the OP regularly on the position I find most useful for early game . 

Also I found out that , frontal position is not suicidal unless you are in a bad exposed spot . In this picture , I distracted the enemy E100 in which allowing my own heavy tanks to move up and take the town with relative ease because the enemy E100 could not focus on the tank to his front . 

Nekrosmas #2 Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

Corporal

• 12159 battles

Kinda Related so I guess I will post here.

I am not any Great player but I Cannot Stress this position enough for how OP it is for the Northern Spawn (And if you are lucky in the Southern Spawn).

This position is Incredible till end game.

I mean, this is just the Dream spot to do the "Ghost" mission - Easily >4000 Spotting damage and my highest record is >10000 (And I am in a T-54 Doing ZERO damage):

Edited by Alvin1020, 07 August 2015 - 11:57 PM.

React; Adopt; Study; Learn. Whining doesn't help anyone.

anonym_YjmjLeoW3i0I #3 Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Major

• 0 battles
Nice one Alvin.  That spot, like a lot of others, can yield fantastic results but no single position = auto win / gg.

OP, agreed. Generally speaking if I am ever ensure about where to go on a map, or on new/reworked maps, I'll tend towards central positions or high-ground.  

Same in-forums, everyone wants the moral high ground :P

UreshiiHime #4 Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 18671 battles

@#2 , can that spot be used as a skirmishing nest ? 10 k spotting is all and well but as a MT I figure that at some point you being a T-54 , you gotta flex your muscle as a MT but I shall try that spot when I got my LT . 

mttspiii #5 Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34233 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostPorphyrogennete, on 08 August 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

@#2 , can that spot be used as a skirmishing nest ? 10 k spotting is all and well but as a MT I figure that at some point you being a T-54 , you gotta flex your muscle as a MT but I shall try that spot when I got my LT . 

Not usually no. If you shoot from the bushes there, you're likely to reveal yourself to the rolling scouts along the middle line, and you're open to fire from the enemy at the southwest corner.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Nekrosmas #6 Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

Corporal

• 12159 battles

View PostPorphyrogennete, on 08 August 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

I got a Good spawn that game and see-ing my team's LT not going there I guess I will have go. Worked out Extremely well.

But Yeah you're right, LT is better for the spot - But I saw my team doing pretty well, so I decided to just sit there and drink some tea.

React; Adopt; Study; Learn. Whining doesn't help anyone.

R4Ging #7 Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 24975 battles

its not about being at the middle of the map or having high ground. its about being on a position where you can do some damage/scouting/etc.

obviously, you can't shoot enemy tanks on the west if you are at the eastern part of the map as they will be outside your draw box (well, you can, but it's very hard to know where they are if you can't see them, and you are probably not accurate enough to pen anyway).

also, you cannot shoot those "campers" or anyone who likes to hide behind something if you are on a very low ground even when they are already inside your draw box (artillery doesn't need high ground because their shells goes through an arc anyway - the same can be done with "derp" guns but it's hard to aim at something you don't have direct vision to).

take abbey for example, the central high ground is nice, and the fastest way to get it is through the central road. obviously, its not the safest way, and if you are not fast enough, how are you going to take it? well, first of all, its a team game, you don't have to take it yourself, help your team take it by going west and shooting the enemies at the center from their sides maybe? something I do often there is bring my auto-loader to the low road at the center of the map (west side of the central road) and wait for enemies trying to go into the middle and unload my shell to their side/back once they have driven forward enough - usually results with one enemy tank destroyed.

himmelsdorf central field, just like the rest of the map, is low ground, yet you can bring your HT there and help line 7/8 push quickly (you can proxy spot from there to know what enemy tanks are waiting on the corner, or safely peek out to see if any enemy is waiting at the back) - if you stay close to the hill, enemy tanks on the hill shouldn't be able to shoot at you.

serene coast central road (low ground) is usually not contested, but it's actually a good place for north base to push to (I've done plenty of tier 5 HT rushes there as west is too long to traverse while east is usually put on hold by HTs or TDs at the back. did it with higher tier tanks before too with about as much success but of course, its not as easy). depending on where the players went, south base may also push through there.

I can probably give you examples of low ground that is nowhere near the center of the map, yet are good places to do something that helps your team.

Edited by R4Ging, 08 August 2015 - 04:43 PM.

I'm not MAD, I'm RAGING. alt account: Medicant_Bias

UreshiiHime #8 Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 18671 battles

View PostR4Ging, on 08 August 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

serene coast central road (low ground) is usually not contested, but it's actually a good place for north base to push to (I've done plenty of tier 5 HT rushes there as west is too long to traverse while east is usually put on hold by HTs or TDs at the back. did it with higher tier tanks before too with about as much success but of course, its not as easy). depending on where the players went, south base may also push through there.

I can probably give you examples of low ground that is nowhere near the center of the map, yet are good places to do something that helps your team.

That is an interesting addition to the thread , now we got High , middle and low ground to explore . So many choices , so many potential . I will give the Serene Coast central low spot a try when I get to play again :D 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users