Other Features in Update 9.10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
It's no secret that Update 9.10's biggest feature is the new Japanese heavy tank line, but that's not all it has to offer...

Full news text

dolfire999 #2 Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Corporal

• 8241 battles
how long is the maintenance going to some clans have clanwars in 30 minutes

LordNigel #3 Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Private

• 7512 battles

You [edited] wot m8? Mittengard is an abomination of derpfail that penalises anything without HE, not to mention low tier TDs. My Pak40 does not approve.

On a more serious note, this trend towards 'faster paced' games is going too far IMO. We're going to get a generation of newbies that just rush into the middle and derp it out, then have to learn that's *not* what you're supposed to do later when they hit higher tiers. I really really despise Mittengard, nothing else plays anything like it.

Sir_Oddball #4 Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Corporal

• 24503 battles

Map ranging restricting the available games will lead to frustration and boredom.

Many players may opt to not play the same limited number of nerfed old maps over and over...

Some may decide to try other online venues. 

Map range restriction should be optional

Just my 2 cents...

Muds_Revenge #5 Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 31632 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD
kittengard map should be all tiger 2's baby. at least ONE tiger 2 would have to look good for once, surely?.

Muds_Revenge #6 Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 31632 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

oh big slow japanese namekuji, time to dust off my arty.

Ratbag #7 Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

Corporal

• 29305 battles
  • [UT1] UT1

Map ranging will only lead to people leaving to try other games without these handcuff restrictions. I play a lot of low tiers because they are fun, fast paced and not campy like the high tiers (plus a lot less gold spam) I've met and become friends with a lot of players that enjoy it for that reason. Limiting to just 4 maps, did you guys even give this any thought? The Light Vic, T7 and Pz1 now only see 2 maps, this is a flawed decision that will annoy a large player base. Not just for low tiers but what about mid tiers, the credit grinding area. Tier 5 only getting 12 maps is a joke. A lot of players have put time, effort and money into pimping out their favourite tier 5 tanks and you are taking away from this, just a poor decision.

I agree with Sir_Oddball, make this OPTIONAL like Assault and Encounter modes.

KiwiPanzer #8 Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

Major

• 19519 battles
Downloading 9.10 now ...

Epiloque #9 Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:34 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 13605 battles
Province is far more better than Mittengard..why they removed it?

FramFramson #10 Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

Major

• 35199 battles

Holy crap, this is awful. Seems WG wants people to get bored and move on to new games as fast as they can.

It was already easy enough to get bored with the map rotation when grinding a new tank line or crew at T4, 5, or 6, now the rotation has been chopped in half or more? This is an order of magnitude worse. They'd been cutting maps here and there for a while without replacing them with something else. 

To say nothing of the poor kids who are brand new - imagine playing fully half your games on Mittengard. Guh.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

TrinityShock #11 Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• 23074 battles

Finally proof that the decision makers at Wargaming have no idea what they are doing. The map restrictions are completely stupid. Mittengard is currently the worst map in the rotation and now newbies have to play it every second game. It is a map designed purely for those that spray gold rounds in your general direction with no ability to aim. How does that teach anyone to play with skill?

Mittengard is nothing but annoying and now it is every second game. There wasn't enough map variation before the update, now it is even worse. Obviously this is a ploy to get players moving up the tiers and that is all it is but this will backfire. It will mean that players will leave the game rather than stay. 

Bring back Province, it is a far superior map to Mittengard.

I kill pixels so I don't kill people.

AC-1 Sentinel needs some loving. AC-1 lowest DMP for Tier 4 Medium tank. Alpha is stupidly low, even for a light tank. It sees tier 6 tanks in game.

Seriously, how long does it take for an AC-1 to take down a tier 6 tank, it just doesn't happen. Please Buff the AC-1.

Bloodaxe31 #12 Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17370 battles
On behalf of my trusty MS-1 I think the map restrictions on lower tiers is a big mistake and I agree with much of the contents of the posts above. What hurts the most is that Malinovka - scene of the MS-1's greatest triumphs - is now barred to him. Never again can he visit the scene where, despite being damaged he got his Invader Medal following a brave crossing up the western flank. Or where he got his Top Gun and stopped the base being overwhelmed by charging loltractors in another battle. Despite it's reputation for encouraging camping some of my best and closest lower tier games have been fought at Malinovka - it teaches the value of patience and shooting straight - rather than taking pot luck and racing around with an auto cannon on auto aim.

Napalmer #13 Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 40372 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Logic:

Put new maps in so we can reduce the amount of maps each tier can see.

On the plus-side, more high-tier battles are likely. :)

Napalmer.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, IS-3, T-54, T57 Heavy, IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

TheLastDingo #14 Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 27176 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
Please bring back Province!!!

Hitting like a hammer, she's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter, tasty like a raindrop, she's got the Luchs.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.

Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

pigs_can_fly #15 Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

Corporal

• 10371 battles

Tier 3 SPG's now have very little purpose in playing this game. Of the 4 maps available, only one is suitable for arty. Whoever thought map restrictions would be a good idea should be fired.

At least on Provence and Malinovka arty had a chance to make up for himmelsdorf and mittengard but now that is gone. Ruinberg is at best only a poor chance of contributing to the team.

There is more chance of a one legged man kicking a soccer ball to the moon than there is of Wargaming actually doing something to fix match making properly so don't waste your time posting about match making.

mikelarch #16 Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

First lieutenant

• 34193 battles

Omg province now gone with Hidden village and Pearl River the not to mention Northwest, Komarin, svengorsk, port, dragon ridge etc that were removed for noob familiarity if that's the real reason for map restrictions as WG seems to be claiming. Pathetic. It shouldn't be a question of fighting for maps like mittenguard or province as any maps the developers took time in are always worthwhile for the sheer variety of it in game. Games should have variety however I've noticed many players in wot like to keep playing the same maps or the same tanks like a OCD or poker machine, where their ego stats are more important than having fun with variety and adventure.  

This new WG plan has more restrictions and less variety yet again. Maybe they could of had all the great scout maps they deleted as either a reward or a  battle tier requirement or a mission to get etc. Personally though they should never have deleted any of those great maps as it was one of the main reasons why i played alot for the adventure of seeing what was around the corner and not knowing whats behind bushes etc it becomes very scary. If however wg just keeps pushing the boring brawling ht city maps like Himelsdorf Ruinberg & their changing seasons as if we hadn't enough of them then its no wonder you poor souls cant finish your scout missions & the increasing frustration. 'Ghost town' will remain a ghost to me unless i take up this nice guys offer to join his clan but since you can dynamic platoon with anyone straight away these days and that certain clans always win for certain reasons like better locational ping etc the clan idea isn't tempting even with the locked ghostown package.

Napalmer #17 Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 40372 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone found the URL for the patch? It's not on the portal yet. 

Napalmer.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, IS-3, T-54, T57 Heavy, IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

DanLBob #18 Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 22612 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

I just love how they count Winterberg and Winter Himmelsdorf as additional maps. I guess maybe this is WG's way encouraging people out of the cheap tow tiers and and into the higher tiers where they are more likely to spend money.

Dan

Napalmer #19 Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 40372 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Regarding my earlier post, I found the link

Funny it was uploaded to the portal five minutes after I posted here... :D

Napalmer.

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

Coster85 #20 Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 4111 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
there is some logic to less map choices in low tiers...

Many players are using 80% of their brain power to learn game mechanics and how things work in general. (some tier 8 players still don't know how to invisnipe (which can even be done in a mause given right spot)
Why add the load of learning new maps all the time also.
This way they can focus on game mechanics.

EDIT: Found other fixes. ..

Edited by Coster85, 03 September 2015 - 01:03 PM.

The Best Camo Is Not Being Spotted At All. 

The Dog, Is My Girl 'Shadow'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users