Other Features in Update 9.10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Comrade_Kirk #21 Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• 3207 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 03 September 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Logic:

Put new maps in so we can reduce the amount of maps each tier can see.

On the plus-side, more high-tier battles are likely. :)

Napalmer.

Sorry but your plus side will be a down side as there will be more unskilled players at higher tiers dragging you down with them. Enjoy.
There is a saying in the Russian army:If they destroy our treads we are AT gun,If they destroy our cannon we are pillbox,If they destroy our machine guns we are bunker,If they destroy the tank we are heroes

suomalainen99 #22 Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• 9893 battles

View PostComrade_Kirk, on 03 September 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Sorry but your plus side will be a down side as there will be more unskilled players at higher tiers dragging you down with them. Enjoy.

then only play clan games, never play pub games and your problem is solved.

The_Big_M #23 Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 83415 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Some very valid points about the map limitations have been raised here.

While the concept of map limitations is reasonable, the execution of this particular one is poor. The range is way too limited and the actual selection - Mittengard full stop, let alone over Province is highly questionable.

OutOfService #24 Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

Corporal

• 5534 battles

I absolutely hate Mittengard. I have the loltractor just for fun but if you put me on Mittengard every second game then I wont bother playing it. It can just sit there and be destroyed. {I usually end up spotting the entire enemy team if I don't move at the start}.

Mines, Provence and Himmelsdorf are good maps to learn on but Mittengard is worthless. 99% of games on this map are very one-sided and over in less than 3 minutes.

Just as an added note: I know of at least 2 players that only play tier 1. One of them has almost 10k battles in the loltracker and nothing else. You expect him to get bored and move on. Nope I just saw him there again tonight. He just permanently seal clubs.

Edited by OutOfService, 05 September 2015 - 11:44 PM.

vungoanmuc #25 Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

Corporal

• 10614 battles
Its all about money. WG wants you to spend more to get higher tier earlier. Bored with playing one map all the time lets buy gold and upgrade - that's what they may think. They bet on the best and hope it coming but I doubt that.

Grunthos #26 Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 30933 battles

View PostLordNigel, on 02 September 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

You [edited] wot m8? Mittengard is an abomination of derpfail that penalises anything without HE, not to mention low tier TDs. My Pak40 does not approve.

On a more serious note, this trend towards 'faster paced' games is going too far IMO. We're going to get a generation of newbies that just rush into the middle and derp it out, then have to learn that's *not* what you're supposed to do later when they hit higher tiers. I really really despise Mittengard, nothing else plays anything like it.

I agree, I wish WOT would stop catering for the "Run and Gun" players and I wish they would stop messing with the maps!
Shooting, Fishing, Film, surfing, World of Tanks and I have Dyslex-Dissle-Diisslexear (Bugger!) you know, that
thing that stops you from spelling properly (and my spell-check seems to be stuck on Swahili) that one!

Comrade_Kirk #27 Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

Corporal

• 3207 battles

The new map restrictions will actually make it harder for newbies to learn how to play. Mittengard is a terrible map for learning anything other than how to die quickly. 

When and if the new player then reaches tier 3, he will be suddenly be put into tier 4 and 5 games as bottom tier will no real skills on one of 8 extra maps with no idea of where to go or how to fight.

Not only will this discourage new tankers but they will most likely just rage quit after being unable to pen tank after tank and never come back.

There is a saying in the Russian army:If they destroy our treads we are AT gun,If they destroy our cannon we are pillbox,If they destroy our machine guns we are bunker,If they destroy the tank we are heroes

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users