Jump to content


HD Model Changes in Update 9.10


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 5,178
  • Member since:
    03-14-2012
Update 9.10 for World of Tanks will introduce new HD models for another 29 vehicles, including the new Japanese heavy tanks and 20 more tanks that are already well known to players.

Full news text


bob_semple #2 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 21 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostWGNews, on 15 September 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Update 9.10 for World of Tanks will introduce new HD models for another 29 vehicles, including the new Japanese heavy tanks and 20 more tanks that are already well known to players.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/hd-model-changes-in-910/">Full news text</a>

 

Please, more information...I can't wait until 9.10 is released so I can experience these changes, and not just read about them being on their way.

 

Any chance on an ETA for the patch?



ugottabekittenme #3 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 666 battles
  • 967
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015

Wow, timely news release.



Meverick #4 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 60455 battles
  • 876
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
Good they are buffing the auto pen of E5 commander hatch. No love for 113 yet?

hiesenhuer #5 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 10260 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-26-2012
Is this a buff or nerf to E5? can someone pls elaborate the significant changes for the E5? thank you

Serene_Potato #6 Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 7593 battles
  • 1,432
  • [FLEX] FLEX
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

FFS WG, you didnt get "new historical data".

Face it, it's a nerf.

No more, no less than an armor nerf for most tanks that go through HD nerfing.

If it was historical data, it would've already been available years ago, when you guys started making this game.


I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.


Serene_Potato #7 Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 7593 battles
  • 1,432
  • [FLEX] FLEX
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

View Posthiesenhuer, on 15 September 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

Is this a buff or nerf to E5? can someone pls elaborate the significant changes for the E5? thank you

 

Of course it's going to be a nerf to the T110E5. It's doing statistically quite well. Why not nerf it's armor to make it more unreliable than it already is? 

*Still hasnt forgiven WG for the nerf to the M103's upper front plate.*


Edited by Serene_Potato, 15 September 2015 - 09:04 PM.

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.


sundanceHelix #8 Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 27033 battles
  • 72
  • [FUNI] FUNI
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
E5 is buffed overall, not nerfed. Not significant enough to be OP, but still it's a buff.

People who live in glass houses should not sing soprano.

Neither should tankers who drive glass cannons.


B4BYR4C3R #9 Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 8103 battles
  • 135
  • [STOMP] STOMP
  • Member since:
    10-01-2012
Do you guys hear that? That strange high pitched noise? That's the sound of every Type 59 owner across the globe squeeing themselves into oblivion :rolleyes:
That which does not kill you has made a GRAVE tactical error.

mikelarch #10 Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:00 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 34193 battles
  • 903
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

It looks like Black Prince is nerfed from SD model to HD model as armor slopes are less now. 

 

Excessive capitalisation/Hard to read.  Case converted, user warned.

 

~Wasaabi



Serene_Potato #11 Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 7593 battles
  • 1,432
  • [FLEX] FLEX
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

View PostWGNews, on 15 September 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Update 9.10 for World of Tanks will introduce new HD models for another 29 vehicles, including the new Japanese heavy tanks and 20 more tanks that are already well known to players.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/hd-model-changes-in-910/">Full news text</a>

 

Wait a moment, I thought 9.10 is already out?

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.


Saffelicious #12 Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

    Master flipper !

  • Live Streamer
  • 37648 battles
  • 3,716
  • [OPA] OPA
  • Member since:
    12-18-2013
dw im confused to 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 
Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Wolvenworks #13 Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

    Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 14421 battles
  • 1,422
  • [TROLL] TROLL
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
Nuuuu they nerfed my beloved ARL44 =(


mttspiii #14 Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33269 battles
  • 17,155
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View Postmikelarch, on 16 September 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

It looks like Black Prince is nerfed from SD model to HD model as armor slopes are less now. 

 

Excessive capitalisation/Hard to read.  Case converted, user warned.

 

~Wasaabi

 

Its turret is now like the pre-HD IS-3 with the weak roof. IS-3 is a peekaboo tank so a weak roof won't bother it, but BP is a DPM device.

 

View PostWolvenworks, on 16 September 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Nuuuu they nerfed my beloved ARL44 =(

 

It's taller too!

 

Apparently, the roundier the tank is (E5, Type 59), the more likely it is to be HD-buffed. Boxes and wedges (BP and ARL 44) suffer nerfs instead.


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


mikelarch #15 Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 34193 battles
  • 903
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

View Postmttspiii, on 16 September 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

 

Its turret is now like the pre-HD IS-3 with the weak roof. IS-3 is a peekaboo tank so a weak roof won't bother it, but BP is a DPM device.

 

 

It's taller too!

 

Apparently, the roundier the tank is (E5, Type 59), the more likely it is to be HD-buffed. Boxes and wedges (BP and ARL 44) suffer nerfs instead.

 

Exactly, I saw the top of BPs turret and that is a huge weak spot now. Basically HD models are WGs Trojan horse to pass all the nerfs quietly to the consumer without the player realizing he's been suppressed or sabotaged as they don't even have t state it on their patch notes and most think these are buffs which the SP & now e5 seems to be thank god. However BP and Arl44 seem to have suffered which is unfortunate especially since I thought WGs focus was to improve ht tanks whilst suppressing TDs view range and arty accuracy dispersion spreads etc. Thus with all these variation of slopes and slants on a tank now in HD having general armor stats is meaningless as a HD tank is now octagonal or multidimensional it seems and not just one armor stat for hull and turret and its varying slope of that angled armor. Now slopes are everywhere. Thus WG can disguise nerfs by emphasizing the buffed slope area and ignoring the weaker sloped ones.

Edited by mikelarch, 16 September 2015 - 07:03 PM.


Serene_Potato #16 Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 7593 battles
  • 1,432
  • [FLEX] FLEX
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

View Postmikelarch, on 16 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

 Basically HD models are WGs Trojan horse to pass all the nerfs quietly to the consumer without the player realizing he's been suppressed or sabotaged as they don't even have t state it on their patch notes and most think these are buffs

Yup, HD nerfing is the order of the day. Still haven't forgiven WG for HD nerfing the T-54 and M103.


I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.


mttspiii #17 Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:51 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33269 battles
  • 17,155
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostSerene_Potato, on 17 September 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yup, HD nerfing is the order of the day. Still haven't forgiven WG for HD nerfing the T-54 and M103.

 

Or the Cent 7/1.

 

View Postmikelarch, on 16 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

 

Exactly, I saw the top of BPs turret and that is a huge weak spot now. Basically HD models are WGs Trojan horse to pass all the nerfs quietly to the consumer without the player realizing he's been suppressed or sabotaged as they don't even have t state it on their patch notes and most think these are buffs which the SP & now e5 seems to be thank god. However BP and Arl44 seem to have suffered which is unfortunate especially since I thought WGs focus was to improve ht tanks whilst suppressing TDs view range and arty accuracy dispersion spreads etc. Thus with all these variation of slopes and slants on a tank now in HD having general armor stats is meaningless as a HD tank is now octagonal or multidimensional it seems and not just one armor stat for hull and turret and its varying slope of that angled armor. Now slopes are everywhere. Thus WG can disguise nerfs by emphasizing the buffed slope area and ignoring the weaker sloped ones.

 

It's a pity really, I always thought the BP was a bit too underpowered. And ARL 44 isn't really OP either. Maybe the TDs were overnerfed so some HT would get nerfed as well to compensate. Or maybe, it's because it's the actual design.

 

WG didn't pay Pasholok to go on an around-the-world history hunt just to make their own armor schemes after all.

 

What does annoy me is the track links. It's WG's new secret armor balancer when blueprint specs don't fit the plans. IS-3 front hull too soft? Put track links on it! Jagdtiger has track links on the side in SD, thus adding 'unnecessary' armor? Remove it!


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


mikelarch #18 Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:07 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 34193 battles
  • 903
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

View Postmttspiii, on 17 September 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

 

Or the Cent 7/1.

 

 

It's a pity really, I always thought the BP was a bit too underpowered. And ARL 44 isn't really OP either. Maybe the TDs were overnerfed so some HT would get nerfed as well to compensate. Or maybe, it's because it's the actual design.

 

WG didn't pay Pasholok to go on an around-the-world history hunt just to make their own armor schemes after all.

 

What does annoy me is the track links. It's WG's new secret armor balancer when blueprint specs don't fit the plans. IS-3 front hull too soft? Put track links on it! Jagdtiger has track links on the side in SD, thus adding 'unnecessary' armor? Remove it!

 

Maybe thats why BP is 30% off atm. Maybe next month the French line will be too. All Bp had going for it was armor and hp as it was very awkward to maneuver and only good on flat surfaces. I haven't forgiven WG for deleting and continuing to delete maps i mean what are they doing to their business? The Arl was the only tank worth the French ht grind and now thats nerfed too. This secret trojan nerfing started with the tortoise with the front hatch becoming a weakspot which was devastating because i really loved that tank so then i grind to the death star and was happy with that and then they nerf the pen on that too. Cant win.  If Wg keep nerfing and deleting stuff we enjoyed then they will just end up with dissatisfied customers who will start leaving.

Wolvenworks #19 Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

    Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 14421 battles
  • 1,422
  • [TROLL] TROLL
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
Been wondering about this, but does the changes on KV-220 affect the KV-220B (the beta tester version)?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users