Idea's for StronkHolds

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

MadHouse10101 #1 Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

So iv just a few idea's some people will agree some will not, but what i really do want to happen is just something to aware people that a cretin tier of strongholds is happening. 

1. ADD A QUE, i don't know why this isn't a thing already, like i don't know how many people are also asking for this. <---- (could ruin it because people will never bother if there 0 people searching)

2. Maybe make a tab with a notification that tell people "Tier 8 StrongHolds team forming" and make it a thing that you have to turn on so people that don't care about strong holds don't have to see it.    

Yeh that's all i really got, and maybe remove clan tags of the enemy that your fighting so you don't see what clan there from, because i don't know what other clan might have this problem but we've got regular teams that see us and just yolo into us and don't even shoot just to end the game fast since they don't even want to try against us. Yes i can see some people loving this but really its no fun and that's what i love about Strongholds. Since im a caller i like to practice calling but i can really practice when people just do dumb stuff like that... anyway just my opinion.  [Edit: also the hole no tag thing, you can show it at the end when you win or loose, but yeh in tier 6 strongholds every game is a just a turtle, when i was in a worse clan it was never like that so i feel its just because of the clan tag they do it which i don't think anyone wants a 10min tier 6 SH game against 3   O-I's every game]

Edited by madhouse10101, 06 November 2015 - 07:06 PM.

_Bohan #2 Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Sergeant

• 28378 battles

Thats why you should play T8 stronkhold ;) 

Otherwise I completely agree with your idea, WG should definitely add a que for not only stronkholds, but Ranked Team battles. Otherwise it is a huge waste of time to just sit there and wait for the MM to time out, hoping that there is another team on.

KuroYukiOuji #3 Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

Major

• 18287 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

the removing clan tag is kinda dumb really, because it pretty much serves the same purpose as XVM, and if you do that people are just gonna install xvm instead.

but I agree with the other points

MadHouse10101 #4 Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostKuroYukiOuji, on 07 November 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

the removing clan tag is kinda dumb really, because it pretty much serves the same purpose as XVM, and if you do that people are just gonna install xvm instead.

but I agree with the other points

but they could make it like CW, you cant see the enemies stats if you even do have XVM, that's all i would really take from CW and bring to SH though.

ibianconeri #5 Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

Captain

• 28949 battles
There's no point to make SH just like CW. Do you even want to have every battle you face camping strategy all the time. I said no for the clan tag removing or fog of war in SH. Otherwise, I agree with you and the should make que too in Team Battle. 

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

stewiejp #6 Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44815 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postmadhouse10101, on 06 November 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

So iv just a few idea's some people will agree some will not, but what i really do want to happen is just something to aware people that a cretin tier of strongholds is happening. 

1. ADD A QUE, i don't know why this isn't a thing already, like i don't know how many people are also asking for this. <---- (could ruin it because people will never bother if there 0 people searching)

2. Maybe make a tab with a notification that tell people "Tier 8 StrongHolds team forming" and make it a thing that you have to turn on so people that don't care about strong holds don't have to see it.    

Brilliant idea, one which has been discussed a lot - as I have said earlier, the time it takes to organise 15 players, get their tanks ready, pick a side and discuss which tanks to bring... is more than often wasted unless games have been organised between clans. It turns people off Strongholds. A queue and notification system would be awesome. Regarding the notification system, I guess the way to do it would be to only make it visible when you enter the Stronghold section/Create Skirmish section of your garage, that way people playing normal randoms or plats won't get annoying notifications.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP - Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

MadHouse10101 #7 Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postibianconeri, on 07 November 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

There's no point to make SH just like CW. Do you even want to have every battle you face camping strategy all the time. I said no for the clan tag removing or fog of war in SH. Otherwise, I agree with you and the should make que too in Team Battle. 

dont need to hide tanks just clan tag/player name because so far tonight in SH we haven't come against a team that have moved from the base... its just not fun 15min games because of 6 O-Is

stewiejp #8 Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44815 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Brilliant idea for those interested

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP - Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

Profanisaurus #9 Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
The one bit of good news about shit clans spamming O-Is is that it might breath life into 8s
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

JordyBro #10 Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• 25738 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I agree a queue would be nice, solely so we can get away from this O-I shit at tier 6. i don't do much strongs but it sounds like 8s are not very active? Madhouse I've recently taken over at -cnc-, soon to be name changed. I would love some tier 10 strongs or something along those lines help get our guys some exp together

#DADDYCARRY

stewiejp #11 Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44815 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
8's can be hit and miss, one night you'll get plenty of games, other nights just sit in queue and get annoyed.. .

Hilly #12 Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

We always have room for someone with the right requirements

• 11365 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Tried tonight twice, nothing. Had to go back to Tier 6s. Wasted our time.

Pyromaniacs [PYRO] is recruiting now. Please email/pm me if you are interested.

MadHouse10101 #13 Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostJordyBro, on 08 November 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

I agree a queue would be nice, solely so we can get away from this O-I shit at tier 6. i don't do much strongs but it sounds like 8s are not very active? Madhouse I've recently taken over at -cnc-, soon to be name changed. I would love some tier 10 strongs or something along those lines help get our guys some exp together

Add me in game and if i'm trying to get a tier 10 going ill send you a message, currently were doing tier SH every night at 5:00pm server time till 8:00pm server time. The only problem with tens for us is a lot of our players are from Australia and New Zealand and tier 10s don't start till about 9pm or 10pm server time which is to late for most our players but i'm keen to do 10s at the time we do 8s if you want to get a team going as well.

View PostHilly, on 08 November 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

Tried tonight twice, nothing. Had to go back to Tier 6s. Wasted our time.

Yeh the other night we were playing with 8 people in the tier 8s and getting loads of games and the next day at the same time we had 10 and tried from 5:00pm till 8:00pm every 30min to find one and never got a single game...

Profanisaurus #14 Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

8s seemed to be alive last night although whether it was just (insert new name here), PANZA and OMEGA I'm not sure.

JordyBro #15 Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

Captain

• 25738 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostProfanisaurus, on 08 November 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

8s seemed to be alive last night although whether it was just (insert new name here), PANZA and OMEGA I'm not sure.

Our boys were doing 8s around 6pm server time apparently was enough battles

#DADDYCARRY

Profanisaurus #16 Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
That was who i meant by (insert new name here).

MadHouse10101 #17 Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Doing Tier 8 StrongHolds now!

Armatus #18 Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

First lieutenant

• 15873 battles
Remove the automated team damage system during SH! Takes most of the fun out of the mode when you're not allowed to TK your clannies..

Serene_Potato #19 Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

Captain

• 7592 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
If you want to practice true calling, join tournaments. SH is really low quality training for callers unless you get matched up against really good clans all the time (not common)

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.

MadHouse10101 #20 Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostSerene_Potato, on 10 November 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

If you want to practice true calling, join tournaments. SH is really low quality training for callers unless you get matched up against really good clans all the time (not common)

I know its not really intesive calling iv been calling SH for almost 7 months now but we like to get people who want to start calling into SH and let them call about 50-100 SH battles before we put them into the CW seen for calling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users