Best premium for a newbie

premium tanks new players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

indianvideogamer #1 Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:07 AM

Corporal

• 12 battles

So what would you guys say is the best premium tank for a new player to grind credits in?

I've been given to understand that diving into a tier 8 premium tank like a Lowe or a T34 straight away is a bad idea for newer players so I'm open to suggestion for all tiers.

I'd prefer a tank that does not take a lot of 'skill' and makes plenty of credits.

Thanks for your time!

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #2 Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:16 AM

Captain

• 46188 battles
  • [RPS] RPS

most tier2~3 prem tanks make pretty much the same amount of credits.

personally, if i were to recommend a prem tank to anyone id only recommend something at a tier they already have... in your case, 2 i guess.

but then there arent any really good keeper prems let alone tanks capable of grinding lots of credits there... so i'll skip to tier5

given you get to tier4 or so(with which you will see all the tanks the CC3 will face), the churchill 3 is a nice prem that doesnt need alot of apcr, and is pretty straight forward. the rest of the tier5s are pretty shitty or not easy for someone who just started the game. it makes okay creds i guess

_SukiKirai_ #3 Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 14000 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
^ Churchill 3 or a Valentine II , early on invest on crew by buying at least 75% crew to drive your tank rather than 50% . Also when driving your new prem , try to figure out for now the weakspots of tanks by classes . It is a lot effort to remember individual tank's weakspot and tier 3-7 tanks generally have the same weak spots location . Except for Japanese Heavy Tanks , only their sides are weak . 

General_Soulhunter #4 Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 22805 battles
play at least 500 games and then come ask again in forum. if u still like the game of course

~chuck norris and superman once fought each other on a bet, the loser had to wear his underwear outside his pants~

indianvideogamer #5 Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:34 AM

Corporal

• 12 battles

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am enjoying the gameplay right now although progress does seem a little slow, specially earning credits which is why I was considering about investing in a premium to see how much that can speed up things.

In particular I am enjoying the SPG gameplay. It seems to be pretty tough to actually aim though what with the auto swiveling and stuff.

Napalmer #6 Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:17 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 46892 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Playing SPG and earning money don't belong in the same sentence, unless its "I'm never earning money whilst I'm playing SPG!"

Every new player's always attracted to the potential to 1-shot a tank. You'll soon realise that that it's a short-lived experience. As you move up in the tiers with SPG you'll find that players are less likely to sit in the open and wait for you to shoot at them, the reload is longer, the dispersion is worse etc. etc.

I can not strongly reccomend enough that you do NOT get a SPG premium tank.

Committing to a premium tank is not a good idea until you get to around tier 5. At the moment, you still can't quite determine which style of play suits you best. I used to love slow HT and was grinding UK MT so I chose the Matilda BP. I haven't played that tank recently for about 3-4 months, maybe more.

Bottom line is wait until you reach tier 5 - look at which lines you enjoy and make your choice then. You don't really need a lot of credits at tiers 1-5, so crew training should be your #1 priority. Aim for your crew to be 100% on their primary qualification for every vehicle.

Napalmer.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50BSTB-1

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

Darvis #7 Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

Captain

• 27692 battles
  • [TFS] TFS
For a new player, I would suggest the Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) at tier 3 .  You can do well in that tank as it has great armour and seems to be able to handle itself even when facing tanks 2 tiers above.  I have tier 8 premium tanks that I don't use to grind creds because you actually have to do well, game after game to see the reward.  If you play one game well and then 2 bad ones ... well, you just wont see a the creds pouring in.

mttspiii #8 Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31075 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Churchill III is probably the best choice for new players, though if you could get a KV-220-2 in the Gift Shop, that's probably just as good if not better. Though if you want to invest, wait until December for WG's premium tank sales.

And premium account is a good idea. The faster credit and xp grinding will make you go up the tiers faster, and be able to buy equipment faster. Buying premium account is also the most cost-effective use of gold (that and equipment demounts for gold)

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

mttspiii #9 Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31075 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

As for SPG, it's not yet a good idea. SPG in WoT are currently over-nerfed with the "wiggle" bug and the cumulative accuracy nerfs; you'll have a very long and expensive grind with SPG as compared to other tanks. It's not a good investment for your account as well, since you'd have to learn basics in normal tanks before you can use SPG optimally.

As for premium-tank SPG, the only one available currently is the Sexton SPG. It's...not really a good investment.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

_Sammich_ #10 Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 32438 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Buy a Churchill 3, it makes a decent amount of credits as you don't really need to fire sprem, it's easy to use, and it trains your Russian heavy crews.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #11 Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

Matilda, Churchill and Valentine Russian Premiums.  Any one should serve you well.

Recommendations as to which?

See the above Posts, but have an Idea on what path you are taking through the Tree, to decide which is going to be the best fit for the line you are grinding.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Zynth #12 Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25300 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

A bit early for a premium. Play a few hundred more games before deciding to comit money to it.

Anything tier 5 and below is decent for a beginner who wants a leg up. Stay clear from higher tiered stuff.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users