Bat Chatillon 25t The beauty and the beast?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MadHouse10101 #1 Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 22095 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

Bat Chatillon 25t

The beauty and the beast?

The Batchat has been a famous tank in the the World of Tanks scene for a long time now, mostly from the pure fear of its devastating 105mm gun that has 5 shells in a single magazine with 390 alpha damage for each shot making its total clip potential 1950 damage!

1. Survivability

It all sounds good until you find out about its survivability, this tank as the lowest amount of hit points for a tier 10 medium tank, a low 1800 hit points little to no armor, 60/40/30hull armor and 50/30/15turret armor, thus making the Batchat as one of the least forgiving tanks on the battlefield.

2. Mobility

Obviously from this you won't be brawling in this tank, luckily this tank has the best mobility out there, it has a specific power ratio of 28.48 with a max speed of a blazing 65 km/h, with this mobility you don't want to be sitting still very long if you’re spotted.

3. Consumables

The consumables you should run is a repair kit, medic kit and a fire Extinguisher or if you got the money I would take Coffee instead of a extinguisher since the performance boost when you take coffee is massive and this tank only has 10% chance of fire on impact of the engine, the fuel tanks are on the front left of the tank so they seem like they would be destroyed as often as a 140 but they really don’t and you should not be taken many hits in this tank to begin with since it's so fragile.  

4. Ammo

Moving on to the whole ammo situation you have different loadouts of ammo you should take to the battlefield with your, either full APCR which is great if you win since you mostly make money every time or consider taking one mag of HEAT for those pesky heavies, but this is a risk since the Batchat can only hold a measly 30 total rounds with its auto-loader type gun. You will find yourself running out of ammo in long drawn out games, and the problem with taking HEAT is in these games you can find yourself with say 3 APCR and 2 HEAT, now see you could have had 1 full mag of APCR if you didn't take that HEAT. Players who have played previous tanks in the series , the Lorraine 40t and the AMX 13 90 would know exactly this problem.

5. Crew & Equipment

With crew your commander should take sixth sense, situation awareness and recon this will increase your view range making you a more effective scout, your gunner should have safe stowage since this will prevent ammo racks since your ammo rack is on the back of the tank (prevents 80 sec reload) and snap shot and smooth ride on your driver since this improves your very bad gun handling and clutch braking on him/her as well since this gives a slight mobility buff and maybe a point of repair and you should also have brothers in arms since it's such a big decrease in your reload and makes your gun hit a little bit more. The Equipment you should be running on this tank is a vertical stabilizer, vents as this will also improve your gun handling and coated optics to improve your scouting ability more.

6. Play Styles

Hunter-Killer play style

When in the Bat always be on the lookout for tanks making the mistake of having no support like this obj 430 in the picture below as he has nothing he can do against you and just take one fell swoop and take them out in a matter of seconds with your amazing 105mm gun, then quickly run back to cover and plan out your next move while you wait for your not so long 36 second reload to finish.

555+ play style

Another common way to play the Bat is to snipe at a safe distance and save your little hit point pool for the end of the game when all your enemies are whittled down to half of below their total hit points and go on a mad killing spree since you can still take a few shots since you have saved your hit points, there is one problem with this play style, the Bat Chat’s gun has a very long aim time and is very inaccurate with its 0.38 dispersion at 100m, if you are lucky with your shots travel path it won't be long till they hit since like all tier 10 mediums, they carry APCR as there  credit shell that has an awesome 1460m a second travel velocity.

Clan Wars play style

The BatChat is also a popular clan wars tank since it has the best camo in tier 10 and making getting the Camo skills all more important for this tank since the boost that it gives is insane, something that most players don't realise how much it really does. When in a Clan Wars situation though you will be most likely be playing as either a passive scout or doing scouting runs such as surfing the ridge lines of prokhorovka but since you still have that mobility if you do get into an exposed position.

And that is about it for a look at this iconic tank that you may love of hate but in the end, it will always be out and hunting for its next target!  

Still can’t get a grasp of this tank? You can find a video tutorial

Here

I wrote this article on a solo play style result may vary during platoon play  

Find out about other tanks on The Coalition SingaporeYouTube Channel & our FaceBook Page

YouTube

FaceBook

Edited by madhouse10101, 21 December 2015 - 10:26 AM.

LasIslasFilipinas #2 Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

Staff sergeant

• 6585 battles
It only goes to show that you can't afford to miss shots and stay alive as long as possible even if it needs to sacrifice your team and the base just to win. lol. XD

Pakmanious #3 Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31539 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
2/10 would not spell check again.

ForkUrEyes #4 Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24317 battles
Nice guide. I don't have a Batchat in my account. Still at ELC lmao. But I've tried it on the test server. The gun handling is kinda annoying compared to the other tier 10 meds that I've played.

Hahahahahaha

mttspiii #5 Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34385 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostForkUrEyes, on 20 December 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

The gun handling is kinda annoying compared to the other tier 10 meds that I've played.

Rule of thumb: in a clip of 5 shells, at least one will always miss/bounce/hit the viewport/disappear/teamkill

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Nimish_ #6 Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 45893 battles

Nice review. My love in WoT <3 <3 <3

Unfortunately I suck at it, I can either play BatChat or have good stats :P.

The bad gun compensates for mobility, camo and burst damage!

For a good gun on autoloader, there is the new Czech tank :P

The most devastating triple bat platoons I have seen on this server were VPA platoons, the name of the guy was Kangsangsoo if I remember correctly. It was so much fun just to watch them play even when I was on the losing side.

Spoiler

MadHouse10101 #7 Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• 22095 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostNimish_, on 21 December 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

Nice review. My love in WoT <3 <3 <3

Unfortunately I suck at it, I can either play BatChat or have good stats :P.

The bad gun compensates for mobility, camo and burst damage!

For a good gun on autoloader, there is the new Czech tank :P

The most devastating triple bat platoons I have seen on this server were VPA platoons, the name of the guy was Kangsangsoo if I remember correctly. It was so much fun just to watch them play even when I was on the losing side.

Yeh i skipped to the tier 9 and already finished the grind to the tier 10 and the czech tank is putting the bat chat to shame in most situations, i might get a few more hundred games in it and write a review of that :teethhappy:

xXRainbowAssassinx #8 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:20 AM

No hOpE left.

• 27594 battles
Nice review, I really want one of these. Stuck at the 13 90 - while a very great tank I'm not very enthusiastic about grinding for the lorraine since I've heard so much bad about it... is it as bad as people say?

neokai #9 Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostProloser, on 21 December 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Nice review, I really want one of these. Stuck at the 13 90 - while a very great tank I'm not very enthusiastic about grinding for the lorraine since I've heard so much bad about it... is it as bad as people say?

It's better now with the buffs, but not conducive for sanity.

Spoiler

ForkUrEyes #10 Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24317 battles

View Postmadhouse10101, on 21 December 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Yeh i skipped to the tier 9 and already finished the grind to the tier 10 and the czech tank is putting the bat chat to shame in most situations, i might get a few more hundred games in it and write a review of that :teethhappy:

I got the feeling that the TVP T50/51 is gonna be a new CW capable tank.

Hahahahahaha

Bolagnaise #11 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

Captain

• Live Streamer
  • 25695 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostForkUrEyes, on 22 December 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

It's too situational for CW and has zero armour. 3 max would probably used only on certain maps for their DPM advantage in close in brawls, but 50b does it better because APCR pen is better/more hp/5 sec longer loading.

@madhouse, nice guide well written. Looking forward to reading more.

I would recommend dropping recon, and using repairs instead on the commander. The difference is 490m vs 499m with your load out, not that much when repairs on a Batchat is so crucial, drop it for either repairs or if your happy with your current repair time, use designated target, spotting a tank for 12s instead of 10 is hugely helpful. Deadeye is a useless perk because 3% chance of critical hits is almost non existent and not worth it unless you have nothing else to train.

Edit: with full repairs, Batchat can repair tracks in ~3 secs. You can drop repair kit and use AFE instead as an option  also.

Edited by Bolagnaise, 21 December 2015 - 11:53 PM.

Fendalton #12 Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:35 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11401 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

And now it's outclassed by the Tier 10 Czech tank . (apparently)

I free XP'd the Lorraine, if I wanted to play my 50 100 in Tier 9, I would just play my 50 100 lol. 

Batchat was my first Tier 10 to get a MoE on. It can get the odd bounce here and there, but it's more Luck that anything. 

I have never seen anyone play the Batchat with the 100mm. Is it really that bad?

Edited by Fendalton, 22 December 2015 - 03:44 AM.

Bolagnaise #13 Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

Captain

• Live Streamer
  • 25695 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostFendalton, on 22 December 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

And now it's outclassed by the Tier 10 Czech tank . (apparently)

I free XP'd the Lorraine, if I wanted to play my 50 100 in Tier 9, I would just play my 50 100 lol. 

Batchat was my first Tier 10 to get a MoE on. It can get the odd bounce here and there, but it's more Luck that anything. 

I have never seen anyone play the Batchat with the 100mm. Is it really that bad?

I aced the Batchat in 5 games using the 100mm. You have to fire APCR to be effective but,it takes longer to deal the damage. As you know, minimising exposure time is how you play Batchat and Autos in general. 

_A_M_G_ #14 Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

First lieutenant

• 18930 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBolagnaise, on 22 December 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

I aced the Batchat in 5 games using the 100mm. You have to fire APCR to be effective but,it takes longer to deal the damage. As you know, minimising exposure time is how you play Batchat and Autos in general. 

Stop spamming gold Bolagnaise or more people will rage quit and cry about it on the forums.

--- 3MoE: M4, T37, T21, T20, WZ-131, Type 62, M46 KR, Pershing, T26E4 Scrub. :-(

PBKAC - Proudly sponsored by WG since 2013

mttspiii #15 Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34385 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostFendalton, on 22 December 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

It ain't so bad, though emptying the clip is a bit longer. Which may be bad for the Bat.

My stats mostly come from grinding the 105mm, and bad because I'm so reluctant to fire sprem, but with full sprem the BatChat 100mm is rather effective. That extra shell means that a miss or a bounce won't hurt your burst that badly, and also confounds those clip-counters.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

MadHouse10101 #16 Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• 22095 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostFendalton, on 22 December 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

I would use it since its a bigger than the 105mm thus making it look at least %53.634 scarier than what it does with the 105mm

Spoiler

Bolagnaise #17 Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

Captain

• Live Streamer
  • 25695 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostAgingMasterGyppo, on 22 December 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Stop spamming gold Bolagnaise or more people will rage quit and cry about it on the forums.

'Im off to start a thread in player suggestions, i have some good ideas that no one has thought of before.'

MadHouse10101 #18 Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• 22095 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostForkUrEyes, on 22 December 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

I could maybe see it to replace a 50B on some field maps in certain rolls but as bola said its very situational and will take a while for people to find ways of using it effectively. Since CW and even WGL battles will have 1 brawl that ends the game and a TVP in this situation would be very lackluster since in this brawl it will most likely just get 1-2 clips off so you will probley be better off using a t57 or a 50b. 

Nimish_ #19 Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 45893 battles

So it seems BatChat is still the BatChat and all other mediums are just medium tanks. I am happy :D

Spoiler

ForkUrEyes #20 Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:43 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24317 battles

View Postmadhouse10101, on 22 December 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

I could maybe see it to replace a 50B on some field maps in certain rolls but as bola said its very situational and will take a while for people to find ways of using it effectively. Since CW and even WGL battles will have 1 brawl that ends the game and a TVP in this situation would be very lackluster since in this brawl it will most likely just get 1-2 clips off so you will probley be better off using a t57 or a 50b. 

But when the tank locking come in, this tank would be handy. :D

Hahahahahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users