Post your LIKES and DISLIKES

Clan War CW CP4 campaign

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

Rantic #1 Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• 20205 battles

1. The rule changes to suit the ASIA server. 15 days in clan + 15 games minimum to be eligible. No tank locking. Divided East vs West for time zone and player population.

2. The use of influence to differentiate effort capabilities of clans. More effort = more influence = more advantage.

3. The auto penalty system. It works. VAL has missed a few games, but not intentionally. It's good to see that genuine errors are forgiven and waived, yet repeat abusers are punished. This has generally kept behavior in check. No more crazy late night games due to phantom clan/chip spamming.

DISLIKES:

1. The bidding with influence system can be improved. More transparency so that bid strategies can be useful. Longer lockout on unsuccessful bids.

2. Faster turnaround on games. Too much time waiting. Is possible to have a "READY" button? The moment both clans are ready, they push the button and the game starts (rather than wait for one game every 30 minutes).

3. Make it obvious how much FP a particular game is worth before it starts. Sometimes we are caught in two minds -- have to defend two lands, but only 1 team available. Which land is more valuable FP wise? The FP formula was revealed at the start of the campaign, why not do the calculations for each game, and post up a possible range of FP potentially earned. This will allow commanders to make better decisions.

4. Only 1 HQ per clan. Is it possible that for each set of lands in each PRIME TIME have their own HQ? Our 10pm land HQ is not the same as the 11pm land HQ. This will give more flexibility to play and maximise the potential of the land in that particular prime time.

----------------------------

Please feel free to add your own LIKES & DISLIKES below. Please keep the list constructive and civil; i'm sure WG would really like our feedback to make things better for next round.

Watch me play!

YouTube: Rantic's Replays. 80+ videos and counting!

Twitch LIVE 9pm +8GMT onwards: Massive gold giveaway to followers!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80455 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

2. Faster turnaround on games. Too much time waiting. Is possible to have a "READY" button? The moment both clans are ready, they push the button and the game starts (rather than wait for one game every 30 minutes).

You still have to wait for the next clan to finish dinner, don't push their battle forward.

The ready system works if both teams are still fighting each other next, like in SH, and it is already implemented in SH.

pantsu-vor~

Serene_Potato #3 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Captain

• 7593 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

DISLIKES:

• The Campaign probably lasted 5 days too long.
  • What place has tier 6 got in competitive play?

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.

_Maui #4 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

First lieutenant

• 26756 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Would like to see a ready button for clan wars, sick of waiting for 15 mins for a game. Games would still take place on the hour or half hour but would not have to wait the 15 mins if both clans are good to go.

The length of the campaign was an issue, to long. Don't have to drop a tier but make it 6 days at each tier would be better. 1 to 2 day break in between each tier.

A HQ for each zone would be a good idea or get rid of zones altogether. Our clan was able to play across all zones with players in several time zones and countries. If clans want to be competitive then they should open themselves up to players from all over the region. 

I also know of players from some clans which were up till after midnight for their first game due to their clan doing the later zone. Their choice I know, they could have always moved clan and came back after the campaign.

Liked having lots of clans on the landings zones, much more interesting then the old 2 clans apply and then fight the owner which was what landings were about before in normal clan wars.

Liked the first stage where the landings moved every night, made it much more interesting then having them all the same all the time

JordyBro #5 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26270 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Influence is stupid. It's entirely based on the amount of teams online, which is greater late. It is not a viable system to maintain as a lot of us cannot commit to 2 am nights just to play tier 10 sh.

MadHouse10101 #6 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
The influence part of the campaign really issnt that bad, people seem to look past the other %90 of the campaign that was just battles and all it was, was 500 influence bids winning, it was just the first day of each tier that 10k bids were being thrown around. All though the campaign the highest bid we made was 1.5k and we came 3rd sooooooo.... 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80455 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostJordyBro, on 03 February 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Influence is stupid. It's entirely based on the amount of teams online, which is greater late. It is not a viable system to maintain as a lot of us cannot commit to 2 am nights just to play tier 10 sh.

Aren't you from the eastern front?

pantsu-vor~

JordyBro #8 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• 26270 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostBluefunk, on 03 February 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

Aren't you from the eastern front?

Influence in general, not directly talking bout campaign. 

MagicalFlyingFox #9 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34838 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0

I dont understand whats wrong with waiting 15 minutes.

At least you are almost guaranteed a battle unlike before where you didn't know if the enemy were going to show up.

Its been like this since CW's introduction. Why is it so hard for you to adapt?

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

chemedian #10 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Sergeant

• 25424 battles

View PostJordyBro, on 03 February 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Influence in general, not directly talking bout campaign. 

Putting chips is much worst. Allowing Scrub clans to have a CW without a teamplay in SH. I'll call it laziness.

"COCOON MODE ACTIVATED"

Do not disturb. I'm hybernating. I will have my wings soon.

JordyBro #11 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• 26270 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 03 February 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

At least you are almost guaranteed a battle unlike before where you didn't know if the enemy were going to show up.

I agree with this, but why couldn't the automated penalty system be introduced without the need for wasting time grinding strongholds =/ Wouldn't the current penalty system deal with the no shower chip spamming clans, and the minimum tank req for battle ect?

ugottabekittenme #12 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

First lieutenant

• 666 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE

View PostRantic, on 03 February 2016 - 04:09 AM, said:

2. Faster turnaround on games. Too much time waiting. Is possible to have a "READY" button? The moment both clans are ready, they push the button and the game starts (rather than wait for one game every 30 minutes).

Use the time to jump into a training room to revise a strat, run a quick skirmish, or play a pub game.

View PostSerene_Potato, on 03 February 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

DISLIKES:

• The Campaign probably lasted 5 days too long.
  • What place has tier 6 got in competitive play?

What about tier 6 that was 15v15? I know it breaks away from the skirmish format but would require more strats than just hard kemp or yolo.

K4izerr #13 Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• 22486 battles

i hate everything

shit

3 Marks of Excellence 

T67 - Pz. IV H - Pz. III/IV - T-34 - Cromwell - M6 - VK30.01P - T29 - Tiger 1 - Panther - T-34-3 - IS3 - IS3A - Rhm Borsig - STG Guard - Somua SM -  T-10 - E50 - AMX 50 120 - AMX 50B - E50M

_stevethegecko_ #14 Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Dislikes

1. Lists

2. Irony

Edited by FeeTFooD, 03 February 2016 - 03:26 PM.

kilig ako

Profanisaurus #15 Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Stealing Reaps gags Feet?  It's come to this.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

_Maui #16 Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:21 PM

First lieutenant

• 26756 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 03 February 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

If both teams are ready, why not have a button to allow the battle to take place, it is done for strongholds attacks, then you can have a pub battle after or go to a training room. If you go to have a pub battle after a battle pops in my clan, you can kiss your spot good bye

Serene_Potato #17 Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:15 AM

Captain

• 7593 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View Postugottabekittenme, on 03 February 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

Use the time to jump into a training room to revise a strat, run a quick skirmish, or play a pub game.

What about tier 6 that was 15v15? I know it breaks away from the skirmish format but would require more strats than just hard kemp or yolo.

12 O-Is, 2 T37s, 1 FV304.

Have fun. :)

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.

thommo_nz #18 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant

• 45153 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Dislikes:

Multi-Tiers:

The inclusion of multiple tiers. Large numbers of clans getting in at T6 mean there was sometimes almost 40 clans applying for landings. At T10, an average of 5 or 6 applicants. So early on, there were large periods of waiting for battles to pop. The suggestions of having some sort of 'Ready' button for each team would be great to get games going. Perhaps reducing the 15 min waiting time to 5 mins and perhaps allowing teams to grab another pub game or something in between.

Timezones:

I'm in NZ, games don't start until late. Yes, I know the earlier timezone was put up and not used - therefore removed, but having something even 1 hour earlier would suit me. (I don't care about anyone else.)

Matchfixing:

Managed by WG, but the whole concept of manipulating games for an advantage is not good - especially when its admitted in forums.

Influence:

Chipping was fraught with spamming. While influence was an improvement over that, it's been a steep learning curve on how to keep gathering it especially when SH's at T8 and T10 are scarce. We know we have a lot more to learn about it and are fortunate that it didn't impact on us too much over the campaign.

Bidding:

Heard a few things about completely excessive bidding including clans bidding with influence they didn't have. Saw a few numbers but didn't pay much attention. Would be great if the auction was a little less closed allowing some further thought about bidding on particular provinces and at what levels. Perhaps knowing WHO is bidding, or how much is being bid..  but not both.

Prize Tanks:

That winners have a choice of 4 tanks. Some improvement might be to have different types instead of 1 heavy and 3 mediums. Perhaps even a choice of 3 - 1 HT, 1 MT, 1 TD??

The communication about the investigation of complaints. Nice to see that things are followed up and reported back.

Overall, somethings that might be better, but an improvement over things that have gone before.

Many thanks to all those we have faced in battle, there have been some very good games..  Some where the adrenaline runs high and some where we have just picked the wrong strat and are left wonder what happened!

o7

MagicalFlyingFox #19 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34838 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0

15 minutes allows for an entire pub battle. So if you are called to go into a team, you won't miss out because your game has gone on for ages. Also enough time to get someone who wasnt online to get online, etc.

A ready button is more better for strongholds where its more fast pace. Clanwars is not as urgent. The 15 minute wait time is fine, as scheduling is helpful.

As a dislike for the campaign, the lack of gold reward, i.e. incentive to not just be in the top 7/top 3. There is no difference in what you get from top 7 and top 3. Kinda ruins the competition...

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Cotton_Hands #20 Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12910 battles

View Postthommo_nz, on 04 February 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Dislikes:

Timezones:

I'm in NZ, games don't start until late. Yes, I know the earlier timezone was put up and not used - therefore removed, but having something even 1 hour earlier would suit me. (I don't care about anyone else.)

Matchfixing:

Managed by WG, but the whole concept of manipulating games for an advantage is not good - especially when its admitted in forums.

Bidding:

Heard a few things about completely excessive bidding including clans bidding with influence they didn't have. Saw a few numbers but didn't pay much attention. Would be great if the auction was a little less closed allowing some further thought about bidding on particular provinces and at what levels. Perhaps knowing WHO is bidding, or how much is being bid..  but not both.

Just a couple of things from another NZer. 

Timezones / bidding - Yeah this part sucked for NZers - I found I was playing most nights from 10pm - 12/1/2am depending on how well we went. Made for a real struggle getting out of bed the next day! The major problem is that there are not many competitive NZ clanwars clans. The issue in the past is that a clan would take the earlier timezone lands - then nothing due to lack of competition. No battles = no fame = no reward tank. Stronghold T8 and T10 kind of kicked off around 2/4am NZ time which is far too late for me. Even we struggled to find anyone playing T10 before midnight Monday - Friday and at times struggled to even find T8 teams. This really hurt us later in the campaign (regarding influence) when we would miss out on bids by a fraction - however be unable to obtain more due to no-one playing strongholds at that time. Perfect for the late night clans and the few clans on our front who could run teams at these insane times. A T10 stronghold win works out to be the equivalent of 4/5  tier 6 stronghold wins. 

Matchmaking - I am surprised that you would put this as a dislike. Traditionally it was all random - meaning that some clans would just get absolutely stomped in their first battle. At least by sorting the teams by 'skill' or ratings then the not so competitive clans can have it out against each other - resulting in fairer games? We found that our first battle would always be against a clan in the 'upper rankings'. This process also makes it harder for clans to farm each other - EG Clan A farming influence from Sub Clan B due to the clans different rankings. 
That was my understanding of it anyway. 

Edited by JustAReroll, 05 February 2016 - 03:58 AM.

Spoiler

Also tagged with Clan War, CW, CP4, campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users