59 replies to this topic

Rantic #41 Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:48 AM

Sergeant

• 20205 battles

View PostArtificiallyProduced, on 08 February 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

tier 6 reward tank

tier 8 reward tank and a 

tier 10 reward tank would make the campaign so much worth playing

as it would give an incentive to play through all stages :)

Perhaps tanks at every stage is too much. 

Remember that WOT has many things it can do.

Say one set of free equipment for tier 6. Can even mesh it into the story - "after a successful stage 1, your clan raided the enemy warehouse and found a cache of equipment/gold."

tier 8 - free camo and emblems

tier 10 - free tank

each tier, the reward gets better. Free tanks every stage is too much imho. 

Watch me play!

YouTube: Rantic's Replays. 80+ videos and counting!

Twitch LIVE 9pm +8GMT onwards: Massive gold giveaway to followers!

XiNuAiLe #42 Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 17327 battles

Why is it too much ? This is a month long affair , in fact more tanks will spur the weaker clans to fight harder in lower tier CW because that is where they have a higher chance of actually winning . 

Tanitha #43 Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

Thank for your feedback.

But please note your feedback will need to be submitted in two sections. There will also be a poll/survey directly from Development. 

So please keep a look out for that too.

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

SiKiN #44 Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25772 battles

I did not like the time zones that where on offer. Each front was either too early or too late, an inbetween timezone would be a better fit.

JOC469 #45 Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 69631 battles

View PostTanitha, on 08 February 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Thank for your feedback.

But please note your feedback will need to be submitted in two sections. There will also be a poll/survey directly from Development. 

Regards
Tan

I got a survey request in game and was about half way through it when we went into a platoon battle and the survey was gone when I returned to garage. Not sure how to get it back. It said something about receiving gold for completing it...

IND_Rayudu_ #46 Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• 42689 battles
  • [WAFKS] WAFKS

View PostTanitha, on 08 February 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

Thank for your feedback.

Regards
Tan

it was too long of a campaign 

Tanitha #47 Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:05 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostJOC469, on 08 February 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

I got a survey request in game and was about half way through it when we went into a platoon battle and the survey was gone when I returned to garage. Not sure how to get it back. It said something about receiving gold for completing it...

Thanks.

I proofed and altered the questions to suit Asia better. Authed the poll. Etc..

But I've not seen one, so they are a bit new to me.

I'll see if i can get any more info on the quitting and not getting back..
And the gold.

Regards

Tan

bradw1995 #48 Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

teal forever

• 11860 battles

View PostJOC469, on 08 February 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

I completed the survey and saw nothing about gold at the start or the finish, though maybe I could of missed it.

If stupidity got us in this mess, how come it can't get us out.

Tanitha #49 Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTanitha, on 08 February 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Thanks.

I proofed and altered the questions to suit Asia better. Authed the poll. Etc..

But I've not seen one, so they are a bit new to me.

I'll see if i can get any more info on the quitting and not getting back..
And the gold.

Regards

Tan

And..

Survey can only be done once, so once its closed it cant be reopened / continued.

And there is no gold awarded for the poll .

Regards
Tan

Tanitha #50 Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postbradw1995, on 08 February 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

I completed the survey and saw nothing about gold at the start or the finish, though maybe I could of missed it.

Correct , i just double checked with the devs.

Regards
Tan

neokai #51 Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostArtificiallyProduced, on 08 February 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

tier 6 reward tank

tier 8 reward tank and a 

tier 10 reward tank would make the campaign so much worth playing

as it would give an incentive to play through all stages :)

I agree with the thought, but disagree with the specific implementation. it's overly generous, and logistically nightmarish imo for what is a 8 day stage, since crediting of tanks require management of the same database involving thousands of players.

View Posttekno, on 07 February 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

Dislikes

Stats, and those that use them to add to their tiny shrivelled.....

7v7 & 10v10 battles....reducing the tier I kinda like<sort of, gives some variation> but the small team size results in a lack of TDs/SPGs(and leaves players that specialize in those out in the cold) and even LTs<at teir6> Cromwell Bs everywhere....kinda dull/repeditive.

Clans exploiting loopholes and BENEFITING as a clan but being sanctioned as individuals....result they got more tanks due to having to use other accounts. If the cheating benefits the clan then the sanction should punish the whole clan enough to make it sting.

Lack of any system of dealing with/to illegal mods.<unless they are noob enough to send in a replay of them using it>

Playing CW, nothing beats going hard core.<eg noob paintball vs tournament supa air>

Clan unity...win or lose as a clan, revel in the wins, shake off the losses.

As to the prize count/distribution, while the announcement system/proof reading needs work, 2000 prize tanks 3500 prize camo....cheers WG.

prizes for teir6/8 ....why? I'm kinda over the "participation trophy" society that's evolving....enjoy competing, and if u can pull it off enjoy the rewards.

While the elite clans may laugh at NZAD, we managed to pull off 10 tanks and 11more<so 21 in total> with camo. <pending final results, I'm going off Clan Tools>

Yea we're not the best, but we turn up and give it a crack, and give you someone to fight. <a battle is better than none, right>

Congrats and WP CHE and Omega, maybe next campaign...STOMP EM.:izmena:

I strongly advise you to separate your gameplay-ish comments from the campaign-related comments (hint: look at what sub-section this thread is under).

Beyond that, congratz NZAD on the tanks/camo. Try to build up so you can compete at the next campaign, would be interesting to see another Eastern powerhouse.

View PostRantic, on 08 February 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

Perhaps tanks at every stage is too much. 

Remember that WOT has many things it can do.

Say one set of free equipment for tier 6. Can even mesh it into the story - "after a successful stage 1, your clan raided the enemy warehouse and found a cache of equipment/gold."

tier 8 - free camo and emblems

tier 10 - free tank

each tier, the reward gets better. Free tanks every stage is too much imho. 

Equipment feels a bit weak given that you can purchase it for credits at 50% off during select events. A cache of gold and stage emblems/badges sounds good though, since that's not a commodity you can easily get in-game. Differing amounts based on participation/standing would bring campaigns up to a level between randoms and esports, kinda like the major event it's meant to be for the general player.

Tier 8 should be somewhat more of the same as tier 6, then the final stage would be the culmination of campaign rewards.

Lastly, my own 2 cents to the OP.

Reporting and sanctions this time round were a lot smoother compared to previous campaigns. I sincerely hope this would continue and be improved upon. And me being the cynic I am would like to point out that the rules again caused no small amount of confusion, particularly in how the rewards are to be given out. But at least the clarifications came in the first week of campaign and not midway through, so no major upsets among the playerbase. But still, the writers of the rules really need to account for language (as simple as possible and accurate) or provide extensive examples like what Tan did in his clarifications.

Dislikes

Tier 6 CW needs to be relooked heavily - it's fun as a SH format but frustrating in CW. Reason being the generally flimsiness of tanks at that tier (the dpm vs health pool ratio at that tier means that most tanks evaporate in a flash) and the smaller teams just mean that a lot of the games are sheer attack rushes that is less satisfying than the tier 8/X stages.

Some changes I would like explored:

• More tanks in tier 6 CW (10, or 15) - more tactical compositions can be explored. Artillery might actually be used, if only to counter hard camps like the infamous WidePark O-I corner.
  • Different tier - 7 or 9 (Yes I recall that the tier 7 mini CW campaign was not well received but that tier is the first tier with decent heavy tank differentiation from the mediums. Also, tier 9 is kinda overlooked since it's sandwiched between 2 CW/SH tiers)
  • Different format of tiers - stage 1 (10-a-side tier 8), stage 2 (15-a-side tier 8), stage 3 (15-a-side tier X)

Spoiler

struth #52 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

Crikey

• 47535 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

I agree rule violations seemed well managed and influence seems to have overcome chip spamming.

Influence however is very hard to come by on the eastern front as 5 hrs gaming a night (1900 to 2400) just for CWs does not allow any time to earn influence unless you forget about work and real life. I understand that clans with 70 odd actives can farm influence while still doing CWs, but clans with 30 actives need to keep all ready for CWs during CW hours.

Clan Licenses also seem out of whack to me, I fought 112 battles to get a tank, some people fought as few as 18 to get one via a licence, the effort put in by me compared to someone who did only 18 battles seems disparate yet the reward is the same. Not sure how this could be addressed if at all, perhaps work battles fought into the equation for tank eligibility.

Finally campaign was too long, 30 days of waiting for the nightly CWs and maybe squeezing only a few grinding games in each day while losing hundreds of ks of creds is very draining.

Campaign to me as a campaign newby seemed to work well though, as is evidenced by the lack of controversy at the end.

Last but not least these are my  thoughts on my campaign 4 experience, I am sure others may have differing opinions :)

Grassnibbler #53 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:16 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 42932 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Might be worth having a mini-campaign afterwards that only clans that didn't finish in the top 3/7 (East/West) can take part in. Let some of the smaller clans mix it up without getting stomped all the time by the bigger clans.

Cotton_Hands #54 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• 12910 battles

View PostGrassnibbler, on 09 February 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

Might be worth having a mini-campaign afterwards that only clans that didn't finish in the top 3/7 (East/West) can take part in. Let some of the smaller clans mix it up without getting stomped all the time by the bigger clans.

Hmmm interesting. Though without rewards I imagine what your suggesting is pretty much strongholds? 

Also alot of the clans that didn't get 1-3 / 1-7 still get both the tank and camo through personal fame so not sure how you would incentive these clans to take apart in an additional week or so of battles without the bigger clans complaining that they are not eligible for additional rewards. I personally was pretty much over it and wanting the campaign to end! 

Spoiler

Profanisaurus #55 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Would be amusing watching top players from osme nations mass-exodus into the elligible clans to try and win more rewards.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

struth #56 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

Crikey

• 47535 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

It is good to fight the bigger clans and the ELO system (I think) of ranking for tournaments seemed to address that, at least until battle for actual province time.

Getting beaten by bigger clans has valuable lessons and occasionally beating them is good for morale too. We finished 14th of 96 as well so our experience was no doubt different to clans that came in at say 30 or lower I guess. Its a pretty complicated issue to try and make the awards less exclusive without making them all inclusive. I know others will vary in their thoughts but to me it's the clan licence system at 100 tanks per top 3 clans that seems, um, incorrect. maybe 50 tanks per licence and 450 by fame alone on eastern front. Allow a larger distribution of award tanks by fame than licence without actually increasing the amount of award tanks available in total. This would reward more people who devoted endless hours and effort to help make the event successful.

The maths may prove different though once high effort players in top 3 get licence instead of fame tanks and those tanks get passed down, maybe not.

Profanisaurus #57 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Clantools reckons 538th in personal fame got a tank.  That's a fair wedge of trickle down.

struth #58 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

Crikey

• 47535 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
It is pretty big.

Profanisaurus #59 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:51 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Can confirm 538th did get a personal in the East and well done to Thadeous who was keeping an eye on the fame levels for us and was in fact the man in 538th.

_Maui #60 Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

First lieutenant

• 26266 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Claimed the tank this morning.

I think i am the luckiest son of a #!$&@ in the campaign. My numbers were so far out on what place would get a tank tank that I gave up my slot in the last week so other members of my clan could get camo. Did not think I had a chance and others needed the points.

Have worked out where I went wrong and will not make the same mistake again. 

Also so over the campaign and thought it went for about a week to long, can not see any point in having another week added to the end, we learn more from getting stomped then by stomping.

Edited by Thadeous, 09 February 2016 - 08:06 AM.

Also tagged with Clan War, CW, CP4, campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users