LT Scouting missions yolo SaffeeBad@wz132 AllowTKinStronks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #21 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32800 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Its a luchs a tier higher with HE derp proof armour, a bigger clip and slightly better gun platform. But a tier higher.

Tier for tier worse but still not terrible.

Also more VR.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Armatus #22 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

First lieutenant

• 15873 battles

View PostAdrianK, on 04 February 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Thanks Armatus. How does the Leo at V compare to the Luchs at IV?

IIRC my luchs crew are a bunch of scrubs, SS & cammo in progress. 59-16 are in much better shape and those at 100%.

playstyle wise I think I prefer pew pew, crack and pom-pom to ratatatatat.

Been some time since I played it, but from what I remember, you're a lot bigger, get an extra shot in your clip, and can bounce some low tiers with your armour (but don't rely on it).

You can finish off a lot of tanks 1v1 with a ram+clip.

Armatus #23 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 15873 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

Biggest tip I can give is that unless you're a super-unicum who can actually get the totals required for LT-15 off of mostly damage, you should pack binos as a piece of equipment - on spotter maps, with good positioning, you can rack up thousands in spotter damage. Since you'll also be using Optics, the last slot is really the only equipment customization you get - on my purer scouts, I run vents for that extra bit of additional vision but I've run rammer to increase my DPM on other tanks (SP1C, Type 64), some people take a camo net (I find full camo skill is usually enough to keep you hidden for passive purposes and the net weighs a lot, which slows you down, and usually doesn't make enough of a difference in keeping you hidden after taking shots, especially at higher tiers). Full camo (or close to full camo) and 6th sense are ridiculously important, but beyond that, other skills aren't vital, though vision skills will obviously help concentrate your strong point even further. 

I'm not a super uni and I completed two LT-15's (Stug and HTC) even without optics. I run stabs/rammer/vents and forego AFE for chocolate.

LT-15 is more about about spamming games until you get good map/compliant allies and enemy team/RNG rather than skill.

MagicalFlyingFox #24 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32800 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
If map rotation is bad, T54LT can do LT-15 almost solely through damage. If its good, it can do it through both. Although the 132 is a better passive scout.

_Sammich_ #25 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 34609 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 04 February 2016 - 04:17 AM, said:

Its a luchs a tier higher with HE derp proof armour, a bigger clip and slightly better gun platform. But a tier higher.

Tier for tier worse but still not terrible.

Also more VR.

Pretty much this. I rebought it two days ago after noticing that I was at 92.9% MOE and thought I'd try and go for the 3 MOE.

sold it today at 89% MOE after basically have two days of derp...

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

anonym_YjmjLeoW3i0I #26 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Major

• 0 battles
Interesting.

the "use cammo skill instead of net" isn't one I've come across before, anyone want to second that idea?

Well, 103 games in the 59-16: 50.46WR, 1718 wn8, 70% MoE, xTE 60 something (what is that xTE again?). Definitely a keeper for fun. Hopefully those results bode well for higher tiers. Of course not that skill really comes into it, and its not like WoT is a competitive game - just like lyfe really.

My other biggest problem is lack of credits. Was going to sell the PTA to help fund the WZ120 (so I still have a IX med) but don't have the other half! Could use it to buy the wz131. Thoughts?

MagicalFlyingFox #27 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32800 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Camo skill works all the time. Net only works when stationary. 131 is a capable scout, works well passively. But I'm not the best person to ask. Wait for ezz or something.

Ezz #28 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69166 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
131 is where you get a capable gun - both the 85 and 100 can be rather effective. The 85 will be closer to your pew pew, while the 100 introduces you to later light play where you can't just yolo in as much and expect to DPM shit every time.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #29 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostArmatus, on 04 February 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

View PostFramFramson, on 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

Biggest tip I can give is that unless you're a super-unicum who can actually get the totals required for LT-15 off of mostly damage, you should pack binos as a piece of equipment - on spotter maps, with good positioning, you can rack up thousands in spotter damage. Since you'll also be using Optics, the last slot is really the only equipment customization you get - on my purer scouts, I run vents for that extra bit of additional vision but I've run rammer to increase my DPM on other tanks (SP1C, Type 64), some people take a camo net (I find full camo skill is usually enough to keep you hidden for passive purposes and the net weighs a lot, which slows you down, and usually doesn't make enough of a difference in keeping you hidden after taking shots, especially at higher tiers). Full camo (or close to full camo) and 6th sense are ridiculously important, but beyond that, other skills aren't vital, though vision skills will obviously help concentrate your strong point even further. 

I'm not a super uni and I completed two LT-15's (Stug and HTC) even without optics. I run stabs/rammer/vents and forego AFE for chocolate.

LT-15 is more about about spamming games until you get good map/compliant allies and enemy team/RNG rather than skill.

True, but you are pretty good - 59% Recent is nothing to sneeze at! The point I was making is that for the average player, getting to 4000 or 5000 points through spotting is easier than damage. If you spot two or three T9 HTs and your team blows them up entirely off of your posts, that's an easy 4k right there. The real trick in that is being the only one doing the spotting, so that you get full credit (which is hard if you do have a good team, because other teammates will be out spotting too).

I do agree 100% that a huge part of it will come down to spamming games until you get a decent team on Prok or something similar.

Armatus #30 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

First lieutenant

• 15873 battles

My RU setup:

http://tanks.gg/wot/...-251#eq:0m1lOA4

Edit: my link doesn't save crew skills for some reason, but I have BiA, Recon, Sit. Awareness, full Camo, Smooth Ride, Snapshot, Clutch Braking and working on Off-Road+Firefighting now, so yeah

Still max VR, DPM through the roof, and good camo. Of course, I have a good crew on it (I better damn well do after 1k+ games in AFK to fix its winrate from 42 to 50)

Edited by Armatus, 04 February 2016 - 12:55 PM.

FramFramson #31 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAdrianK, on 04 February 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Interesting.

the "use cammo skill instead of net" isn't one I've come across before, anyone want to second that idea?

Well, 103 games in the 59-16: 50.46WR, 1718 wn8, 70% MoE, xTE 60 something (what is that xTE again?). Definitely a keeper for fun. Hopefully those results bode well for higher tiers. Of course not that skill really comes into it, and its not like WoT is a competitive game - just like lyfe really.

My other biggest problem is lack of credits. Was going to sell the PTA to help fund the WZ120 (so I still have a IX med) but don't have the other half! Could use it to buy the wz131. Thoughts?

In most circumstances in an LT, full camo skill plus camo paint will keep you from being spotted while kemping bush until an enemy gets fairly close. Where the net can shine is in giving you enough camo to remain hidden after taking a shot so you can farm sniper damage. However, I found that at higher tier games, enemy vision is high enough that a camo net won't make the difference between being spotted or not after taking a shot and is therefore highly situational, enough so that other equipment is just more useful more often.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #32 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69166 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
LT 15 can be done all sorts of places. I think i did 15.3 on highway. Redshire can net some good results. While i think i did the requirements for 15.4 last night on live oaks. As noted tho, a lot will come down to getting the right combo of teams to get the job done.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

anonym_YjmjLeoW3i0I #33 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

Major

• 0 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 04 February 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

Camo skill works all the time. Net only works when stationary. 131 is a capable scout, works well passively. But I'm not the best person to ask. Wait for ezz or something.

Lol fox, yes I am aware of the net mechanics. #NotTotalScrub even if #Pro@Minuses.

FramFramson #34 Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostArmatus, on 04 February 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

My RU setup:

http://tanks.gg/wot/...-251#eq:0m1lOA4

Still max VR, DPM through the roof, and good camo. Of course, I have a good crew on it (I better damn well do after 1k+ games in AFK to fix its winrate from 42 to 50)

If I could afford the chocolate, I might go for this setup. But as a poorfag, I just run AFE and so have to take optics.

It's weird. Looking at raw stats, I'm doing almost exactly as well in my Ru as I did in my SP1C, but it doesn't feel that way. Then again, I wasn't satisfied with the SP1C either. They just weren't fun the way other LTs have been. I've pretty much decided that while I won't sell my Ru251 in the hopes of maybe going back to it some day, the highly-skilled I have in it is moving to high-tier MTs. They will go in the Mutz for now once it comes out, then I will free XP the PTA, train the crew for that and play them in both the Mutz and PTA (and eventually the Leopard). It was the plan for this crew to end up a TX crew anyway, but I've just decided to move that up. 

Armatus #35 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:04 PM

First lieutenant

• 15873 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 04 February 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

True, but you are pretty good - 59% Recent is nothing to sneeze at! The point I was making is that for the average player, getting to 4000 or 5000 points through spotting is easier than damage. If you spot two or three T9 HTs and your team blows them up entirely off of your posts, that's an easy 4k right there. The real trick in that is being the only one doing the spotting, so that you get full credit (which is hard if you do have a good team, because other teammates will be out spotting too).

I do agree 100% that a huge part of it will come down to spamming games until you get a decent team on Prok or something similar.

Fram, I'm going to quote a post from one of the best players on this server who was giving me advice when I was still a scrub. It mostly relates to mediums but is also relevant to lights (since they're merely under-tiered meds);

Block Quote

Somehow that made no sense to me :P

You can still spot fine with a good dpm setup.
You wanted advice on VR, but you also wanted to win over wn8. 

My advice, how to win at least 71 percent of games.

Vert stabs, gun rammer vents, choc.
amazing Vr, dpm and better general tank, rather than 500 meters of view range. 

Spotting tanks for useless team mates doesn't win games. 
Likewise for good players, I don't need people to sit in bushes spotting for me all game, I know where the tanks are, I know what I have to do to win.

There are more maps these days than ever where spotting is becoming less important. It's all about the first push you make with your meds. 
If I see a tier 10 med camping back or sitting in a bush trying to spot, instead of taking the flank with us at the start of the match, sharing Hp between each other. 
That is directly contributing to the enemy teams efforts.

The only time having that crazy view range will matter is that 1 or 2 percent of games at a 2v2 clutch play. 
But I dare say you won't have many of those good games if you are trying to spot people with a leo 1.

TLDR
Stay with your med pack
Inspire a push
Shoot and kill enemy tanks as quick as possible

Win games

profit

You can read the full thread here in detail: http://forum.worldof...wrange/#topmost

You'll note I had almost the exact same ideas as you re. spotting a year ago. Hopefully, this will wean you off your insistence on spotting. I didn't follow his advice immediately; rather, as I got naturally better at the game, I gravitated towards this playstyle myself and in hindsight, discovered he was right all along.

Edited by Armatus, 04 February 2016 - 01:05 PM.

FramFramson #36 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:04 PM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostEzz, on 04 February 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

LT 15 can be done all sorts of places. I think i did 15.3 on highway. Redshire can net some good results. While i think i did the requirements for 15.4 last night on live oaks. As noted tho, a lot will come down to getting the right combo of teams to get the job done.

Absolutely true. If it wasn't still possible to play spotting and vision games on more than 2-3 maps , I would have no fun playing LTs at all.

But there are also certain maps where it's clearly easier and where players know the game's usually going to be a slower, more vision-oriented game where they have to rely on and support their LTs.

Zynth #37 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25837 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You become a highly mobile but weaker medium tank. Just use your mobility to your advantage and do medium stuff.

Also note your camo on the move+speed and recognize that you are still a better scout than most mediums are. 

Camo skill above camo net always. 

Choice of binocs or optics with optics as my recommendation.

I finished LT 15 once by doing 4.7k damage and 300 spotting.

Edited by Zynth, 04 February 2016 - 01:08 PM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

FramFramson #38 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostArmatus, on 04 February 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Fram, I'm going to quote a post from one of the best players on this server who was giving me advice when I was still a scrub. It mostly relates to mediums but is also relevant to lights (since they're merely under-tiered meds);

You can read the full thread here in detail: http://forum.worldof...wrange/#topmost

You'll note I had almost the exact same ideas as you re. spotting a year ago. Hopefully, this will wean you off your insistence on spotting. I didn't follow his advice immediately; rather, as I got naturally better at the game, I gravitated towards this playstyle myself and in hindsight, discovered he was right all along.

At higher tiers this is absolutely true.

What I'm saying is that while the Ru is a good tank and I can tell that, I would rather play an actual MT and get better conventionally with proper MT play instead of unnecessarily throwing up additional barriers for myself by playing a T8 LT. This is why I wouldn't sell my Ru, so that later if I develop better skills and improve, I may go back to it.

It's also not entirely about skill or maxing WN8. At lower tiers I enjoy the way lower-tier LTs still let you play vison games and dramatically outspot enemies, though perhaps this is a bit sealclubby :trollface:  (though I played my VK.28 as an active medium... that derpgun was just too amazing and too close-range to do anything else... omg the one-shots). But at higher tiers, I need to improve basic underlying play and I would rather do so on an even footing as opposed to handicapping myself with a more difficult tank, since playing several hundred games in T7/8 LTs has not really resulted in noticeable improvement.

At the root, combat is more difficult for me than tactically picking and using passive locations - I can fight very well in LTs sometimes, but not consistently enough and I find that having great combat games in higher tier LTs happens too rarely. Playing more MTs will flex other skills and potentially give me a better path to improve.

Edited by FramFramson, 04 February 2016 - 01:28 PM.

DensetsuZako #39 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54070 battles

View PostAdrianK, on 04 February 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Play more Jagtiger 8.8 or your cromwell B :trollface:

Premium tanks will solve your credit problem.

So it is never a problem just need to spend more time credit grinding that's all.

Edited by JimmyJim, 04 February 2016 - 01:37 PM.

JOC469 #40 Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
Adrian hit me up for some pref 5/8 toons to grind credits for your new tanks if you want. Otherwise round up the KACers one night and run some tier 6 stronks for credit grinding. There should be lots of battles available in a couple of days after all clans have their influence wiped after the Campaign.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Also tagged with LT, Scouting, missions, yolo, SaffeeBad@wz132, AllowTKinStronks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users