Jump to content


[Poll Results] The Future of WoT Maps


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 5,178
  • Member since:
    03-14-2012
You speak, and we listen. With your feedback in mind, we've decided on how to improve the maps in WoT. Read this article for more information.

Full news text

crazib #2 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 60961 battles
  • 1,932
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
what? kharhov and stalingard are the 2 maps i love playing in

Come visit my stream: twitch.tv/crazib

my replays thread


Napalmer #3 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 50933 battles
  • 2,839
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

And as usual, they've taken the data and improvised what we actually want done to whatever suits them.

The only reason people voted Stalingrad and Kharkov is because of the game-breaking bugs which occur when playing on them.

 

Sure, a coupe of changes are always nice, but at least make some mention of the bug being fixed.

 

Napalmer


3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!


bradw1995 #4 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:37 PM

    teal forever

  • Member
  • 11860 battles
  • 481
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014
The biggest problem is how small the map rotation is, this game has so many maps but each session you get spammed with the same 3-5. This is one of the biggest factors when it comes to ruining the fun of the game for me, would be good to add just 2 or 3 extra maps each rotation.

 

            If stupidity got us in this mess, how come it can't get us out.


P33K_A_B00M #5 Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 26263 battles
  • 213
  • [AP3X] AP3X
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View Postbradw1995, on 19 February 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

The biggest problem is how small the map rotation is, this game has so many maps but each session you get spammed with the same 3-5. This is one of the biggest factors when it comes to ruining the fun of the game for me, would be good to add just 2 or 3 extra maps each rotation.

 

Ditto, some of those maps are just useless for LTs. Have you guys noticed how TDs have become the least favorite tanks for everyone. There are games when I don't see any TDs in high tier battles.

Edited by P33K_A_B00M, 20 February 2016 - 12:45 AM.

 


Saffelicious #6 Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:15 AM

    Master flipper !

  • Live Streamer
  • 37648 battles
  • 3,716
  • [OPA] OPA
  • Member since:
    12-18-2013

Sigh,

Once again pubbies that cant sit in a bush in their TD and snipe and click on people in their arty gets listened to rather then actually fixing things that needs to be fixed.

Yes light tanks might not be as fun on kharkov or stalingrad, but neither is it to be a heavy tank on prok/fiery sailent and so on.

 

Lets not fix Live oaks which is the most imbalanced map in the game at the moment, It would have a 60-70% winrate from south spawn

 

El Halluf where 9 boxes off the map gets used. 

 

Fishermans Bay with its crashes.

 

Airfield which tends to just be a campfest cause as soon as you peak a corner arty hammers you. 

 

just sigh.... I know not everyone can be happy but a public poll is just dumb....

same kind of dumbness as "lets improve cw and listen to feedback" 

(gathers feedback from 100 clans playing tier 6 that has no [edited] clue about proper cw)


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 
Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

LasIslasFilipinas #7 Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 6585 battles
  • 269
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

View PostTE_Saffe, on 20 February 2016 - 10:15 AM, said

Fishermans Bay with its crashes.

 

Oh yeah. How about that Fisherman's Bay wherein there is a technical difficulty common to all? Did WG made a move regarding this already? I hope WG considered this already without this poll.

 

 



Centurion_MK64 #8 Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

    Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

  • Senior Moderator
  • 31649 battles
  • 3,662
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
What happened to all the "bring back Port" votes?
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

_UsagiTsukino_ #9 Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

    Make WoT Great Again

  • Member
  • 42164 battles
  • 580
  • [B4B0] B4B0
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013

View PostTE_Saffe, on 20 February 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

 but neither is it to be a heavy tank on prok/fiery sailent and so on.

 

If there is no arty, I dont think there is any problem to play heavy tanks is this map. 

View PostP33K_A_B00M, on 19 February 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

Ditto, some of those maps are just useless for LTs. Have you guys noticed how TDs have become the least favorite tanks for everyone. There are games when I don't see any TDs in high tier battles.


LTs can be play like a light medium, not totally useless.


 

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch
 


Saffelicious #10 Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

    Master flipper !

  • Live Streamer
  • 37648 battles
  • 3,716
  • [OPA] OPA
  • Member since:
    12-18-2013

Oh and lets not forget sand river assualt.

I would love to see the win distribution on that map! 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 
Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Saffelicious #11 Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

    Master flipper !

  • Live Streamer
  • 37648 battles
  • 3,716
  • [OPA] OPA
  • Member since:
    12-18-2013

View PostWGNews, on 19 February 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

You speak, and we listen. With your feedback in mind, we've decided on how to improve the maps in WoT. Read this article for more information.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/poll-results-future-maps/">Full news text</a>

 

So,

Can we get some info the amazing balance of live oaks

and how many times south spawn wins compared to north spawn?

My bet is 70% of the times...

But I guess thats irrelevant? 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 
Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Kaiser819 #12 Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 8992 battles
  • 7
  • [ADA] ADA
  • Member since:
    07-10-2014
how about some ww1 themed maps for tiers 1-3 especially how the French tier 1 is a ww1 tank. For higher tiers we could have some post-d-day battle of normandy maps such as Villers-Bocage and Caen. Also I would like to see some Operation Market Garden maps such as Highway 69

Plazma349 #13 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:32 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 9393 battles
  • 5
  • [FOCUS] FOCUS
  • Member since:
    12-12-2014
I LOVE Kharkov and stalingrad. The map that needs to be removed or redone should be overlord cause that map is just horrible in a lot of aspects. The beach is useless because even if you win it, trying to get off it will allow the enemy all the time to cap. Its a playground for arty, the hills don't provide any cover what so ever. They are not really any strong points to take on that map, its just all about which team has the better players who know when to rush at the same time to overwhelm the enemy. 

IceSalamander #14 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 17267 battles
  • 18
  • [5ABRE] 5ABRE
  • Member since:
    10-11-2014

The top four results of the poll (based on 6 Feb news update) were:

1. Stalingrad

2. Pilsen

3. Kharkov

4. Overlord

It's then fair enough that Stalingrad and Kharkov have been chosen to improve.  I'm keen to know why Pilsen was not also chosen?



Ezz #15 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 72472 battles
  • 36,608
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostPlazma349, on 22 February 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

its just all about which team has the better players who know when to rush at the same time to overwhelm the enemy. 

You say that like it's a bad thing.

 

As to the topic, i suspect saffee mentioned most of it. My hope is that WG make changes higher up the chain in the design team. It's not like the change in meta has been restricted to one or two maps.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Profanisaurus #16 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,522
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013

View PostPlazma349, on 21 February 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

I LOVE Kharkov and stalingrad. The map that needs to be removed or redone should be overlord cause that map is just horrible in a lot of aspects. The beach is useless because even if you win it, trying to get off it will allow the enemy all the time to cap. Its a playground for arty, the hills don't provide any cover what so ever.

 

Rule one of any map.  Never, ever, ever go beach. The beach on overlord is like the Beach on Airfield and the Valley on Lakeville.  It was added so people can immediately see without XVM how dumb their team is and how hard they have to carry.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Tanitha #17 Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View Postcrazib, on 19 February 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

what? kharhov and stalingard are the 2 maps i love playing in

 

Sure, but they can have some issues, and low FPS's for smaller spec computers..

That's why those two maps were the leading contenders for getting some work done to them on all servers , NA/EU/RU/Asia.

 

However, due to the strong desire for players to have as much map variety as possible, We will NOT be withdrawing the maps just yet, and will leave them in game until they have been worked on.

This varies between servers,, Ru for example will be withdrawing the maps from the game.. Asia will not but their probability of occurring has been reduced on Asia until they have been worked on.

 

 

View PostNapalmer, on 19 February 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

And as usual, they've taken the data and improvised what we actually want done to whatever suits them.

The only reason people voted Stalingrad and Kharkov is because of the game-breaking bugs which occur when playing on them.

 

Sure, a coupe of changes are always nice, but at least make some mention of the bug being fixed.

 

Napalmer

 

Not sure of your dispute Napalmer..

You have requested those maps get worked on many times, the maps are getting worked on..

 

View Postbradw1995, on 19 February 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

The biggest problem is how small the map rotation is, this game has so many maps but each session you get spammed with the same 3-5. This is one of the biggest factors when it comes to ruining the fun of the game for me, would be good to add just 2 or 3 extra maps each rotation.

 

There was a reduced map selection for the lower tiers.. This has now been altered for tier 4 and above so you will find a large increase of map variety with the lower tiers again now.

As mentioned in the news.

Spoiler

 

 

​We have also suggested / requested to development some match maker improvements like .. ensuring a player doesn't play on the same map too many times.. and many others..

 

Regards
Tan


 

 

 


Tanitha #18 Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostTE_Saffe, on 20 February 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

Sigh,

Once again pubbies that cant sit in a bush in their TD and snipe and click on people in their arty gets listened to rather then actually fixing things that needs to be fixed.

Yes light tanks might not be as fun on kharkov or stalingrad, but neither is it to be a heavy tank on prok/fiery sailent and so on.

 

Lets not fix Live oaks which is the most imbalanced map in the game at the moment, It would have a 60-70% winrate from south spawn

 

El Halluf where 9 boxes off the map gets used. 

 

Fishermans Bay with its crashes.

 

Airfield which tends to just be a campfest cause as soon as you peak a corner arty hammers you. 

 

just sigh.... I know not everyone can be happy but a public poll is just dumb....

same kind of dumbness as "lets improve cw and listen to feedback" 

(gathers feedback from 100 clans playing tier 6 that has no [edited] clue about proper cw)

 

Live oaks.. or as called in game "44_North_America" is an averagely balanced map.

Stats are up and down , depending on server, and when the stats are pulled.

But basically in the past month and taking ~1.75 mil battles on the map in all game modes into consideration.. .. Team A won about 51.5% and team B won about 47.5% with a draw being the remainder...

or just taking random battles, the stats are about the same.

 

And no, a "Poll" wasn't done.  A feedback thread was put up, so all written feedback could be read and taken into consideration.

 

View PostLasIslasFilipinas, on 20 February 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

Oh yeah. How about that Fisherman's Bay wherein there is a technical difficulty common to all? Did WG made a move regarding this already? I hope WG considered this already without this poll.

 

 

 

Tech issues with Fisherman bay is minor, and fairly limited to this server..
At the moment its looking more like players mod use, or previously installed but no longer used mods.

If you are having issues with Fishermans bay, try clearing out the appdata directory, and reinstalling WOT Clean.

 

 

View PostCenturion_NZ, on 20 February 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

What happened to all the "bring back Port" votes?

 

It was passed on as feedback to development, as well as in the form of a long personalized email to the new global producer based in NA and the usual upper management & development in Minsk..

 

View PostTE_Saffe, on 20 February 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Oh and lets not forget sand river assualt.

I would love to see the win distribution on that map! 

 

The stats for maps is very carefully and fully analysed,

We have clear stats of win %'s for each team for each game mode for each server, Etc which covers the almost 2 millions battles per month each map has..

The win %'s on all maps and game modes are balanced, and usually within 1%... Sand River.. or internally called 28+Desert.. is the same..
Balanced with win%'s to within 1%, on random, and also all game modes.


As well as Heat maps, showing common area's of combat / where combat / traffic is conducted.
ETC..

 

View PostTE_Saffe, on 21 February 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

 

So,

Can we get some info the amazing balance of live oaks

and how many times south spawn wins compared to north spawn?

My bet is 70% of the times...

But I guess thats irrelevant? 

 

As above..

And yes your guesses are wildly inaccurate.


 

 

 


Tanitha #19 Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:16 PM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostKaiser819, on 21 February 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

how about some ww1 themed maps for tiers 1-3 especially how the French tier 1 is a ww1 tank. For higher tiers we could have some post-d-day battle of normandy maps such as Villers-Bocage and Caen. Also I would like to see some Operation Market Garden maps such as Highway 69

 

Maps for tier's 1-3 will be limited due to the mini client.. new players need to be able to download a small client and get playing asap..

 

Regards
Tan


 

 

 


Tanitha #20 Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostP33K_A_B00M, on 20 February 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

 

Ditto, some of those maps are just useless for LTs. Have you guys noticed how TDs have become the least favorite tanks for everyone. There are games when I don't see any TDs in high tier battles.

 

View Postbradw1995, on 19 February 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

The biggest problem is how small the map rotation is, this game has so many maps but each session you get spammed with the same 3-5. This is one of the biggest factors when it comes to ruining the fun of the game for me, would be good to add just 2 or 3 extra maps each rotation.

 

Sure, but preventing players from obtaining the same map twice in a row, or .. similar such stats.. Is a topic for the matchmaker, so a different topic..

However that feedback has been suggested and forward to the devs..

 

View PostIceSalamander, on 22 February 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

The top four results of the poll (based on 6 Feb news update) were:

1. Stalingrad

2. Pilsen

3. Kharkov

4. Overlord

It's then fair enough that Stalingrad and Kharkov have been chosen to improve.  I'm keen to know why Pilsen was not also chosen?

 

Many figures are taken into consideration , not just numbers from Asia.

Written feedback , feedback from other servers, server analytics, ETC..

 

Regards
Tan


 

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users