• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ThomChen114 #1 Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:47 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 34049 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Because the Chinese just have to get the good stuff first :P

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

ThomChen114 #2 Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:51 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 34049 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Regarding QB's "ideas" by the end of the preview re on the introduction of the Chieftain Mk6:

1) FV215b replacement

personally i don't have the FV215b yet, so I can't really give my take on how well that tank is performing and rarely run into them. granted it doesn't seem to be as competitive as the other tier X heavy tanks or we'd see more of these running around. but it may not be performing as badly as maybe the FV4202 had been (some may argue, but what's past is done), and as far as I know the FV215b was just a placeholder tier X heavy tank back then, completely made up until they get around to getting a suitable heavy tank to replace it with

but should the FV215b be replaced? again, i've no experience in that tank, but i don't hear as much praises about it, which is understandable since it isn't as good as the other tier X heavies i guess. it isn't as versatile as the E5, not Russian like the IS-7 or IS-4, doesn't have the raw firepower or burst damage of the E100 and the AMX 50B/T57 Heavy respecitvely, it doesn't have the raw thickness of the Maus or Type 5 Heavy. if the only redeeming factor it has is having a sniper gun, i'd much rather be in a CAX or some other medium tank

would it be completely replaced? that depends on if WG wants to do the CAX event all over again and bump the FV215b down to tier 8 as they did with the FV4202 (did that), or it could go the way of the T-50-2 and Afkpanther 

2) Tier 10 reward for 2nd set of Personal Missions

-please WG not this option. 

3) Clan Wars Participation Reward Tank

- not a terrible idea, as it wouldn't be as difficult to obtain as the Personal Mission tanks, and could certainly give incentive to more players to take part in the Clan Wars for the chance to get their hands on the Chieftain Mk 6

4) New British Heavy Tank Branch

- this may be a stretch, but WG has managed to create the Japanese heavy tank branch so we shouldn't be too close minded about the chances of this happening. the way I see it, if there would be a new British heavy tank branch, the Chieftain Mk6 would be the tier X heavy tank after the Conqueror, while the FV215b could be the tier X heavy tank of that new branch instead, depending on where WG would like to branch it off from

OR they could do like what they did to the Russian mediums and gave you the choice of either the Object 140 or T-62A from the T-54 (the French as well from the AMX-13 90 -> AMX 30 or BC-25t, you could get either choose to get either the FV215b or the Chieftain Mk 6 after the Conqueror (or even both if you want)

Edited by ThomChen114, 21 February 2016 - 03:51 AM.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

ForkUrEyes #3 Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24317 battles
Just make it a new branch for British line. I would get one for myself if WG decides to put it in the game with the current stats. OP. :D

Hahahahahaha

Otakubouzu #4 Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:22 PM

Major

• 15309 battles

If its a new branch then at best it will be mini-branch like AMX30 one.

Maybe it'll be like Caern ->Chief proto/Mk1 -> Chief Mk6.

ThomChen114 #5 Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:09 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 34049 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostOtakubouzu, on 21 February 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

If its a new branch then at best it will be mini-branch like AMX30 one.

Maybe it'll be like Caern ->Chief proto/Mk1 -> Chief Mk6.

it may make sense, after all the FV215 was supposed to be a continued development of the Conqueror until they ended up going with the Chieftain based on their experience with the Centurion

Matt_B #6 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:36 AM

Staff sergeant

• 15959 battles
Given that the Chieftain was an offshoot of the Centurion, perhaps it should be put on as a spur from that particular line. It's already a light-to-medium one, so why not offer light-to-medium-to-heavy?

War_Machiine #7 Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Private

• 6026 battles
  • [ANZAS] ANZAS

View PostThomChen114, on 21 February 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

Regarding QB's "ideas" by the end of the preview re on the introduction of the Chieftain Mk6:

1) FV215b replacement

personally i don't have the FV215b yet, so I can't really give my take on how well that tank is performing and rarely run into them. granted it doesn't seem to be as competitive as the other tier X heavy tanks or we'd see more of these running around. but it may not be performing as badly as maybe the FV4202 had been (some may argue, but what's past is done), and as far as I know the FV215b was just a placeholder tier X heavy tank back then, completely made up until they get around to getting a suitable heavy tank to replace it with

but should the FV215b be replaced? again, i've no experience in that tank, but i don't hear as much praises about it, which is understandable since it isn't as good as the other tier X heavies i guess. it isn't as versatile as the E5, not Russian like the IS-7 or IS-4, doesn't have the raw firepower or burst damage of the E100 and the AMX 50B/T57 Heavy respecitvely, it doesn't have the raw thickness of the Maus or Type 5 Heavy. if the only redeeming factor it has is having a sniper gun, i'd much rather be in a CAX or some other medium tank

would it be completely replaced? that depends on if WG wants to do the CAX event all over again and bump the FV215b down to tier 8 as they did with the FV4202 (did that), or it could go the way of the T-50-2 and Afkpanther 

2) Tier 10 reward for 2nd set of Personal Missions

-please WG not this option. 

3) Clan Wars Participation Reward Tank

- not a terrible idea, as it wouldn't be as difficult to obtain as the Personal Mission tanks, and could certainly give incentive to more players to take part in the Clan Wars for the chance to get their hands on the Chieftain Mk 6

4) New British Heavy Tank Branch

- this may be a stretch, but WG has managed to create the Japanese heavy tank branch so we shouldn't be too close minded about the chances of this happening. the way I see it, if there would be a new British heavy tank branch, the Chieftain Mk6 would be the tier X heavy tank after the Conqueror, while the FV215b could be the tier X heavy tank of that new branch instead, depending on where WG would like to branch it off from

OR they could do like what they did to the Russian mediums and gave you the choice of either the Object 140 or T-62A from the T-54 (the French as well from the AMX-13 90 -> AMX 30 or BC-25t, you could get either choose to get either the FV215b or the Chieftain Mk 6 after the Conqueror (or even both if you want)

I watched QB's video when it first came out but i am now starting to really get into british tanks after seeing some at a museum. the last few updates have shown us that wargaming like to make tank lines logical and the changes to the german heavies shows us that they want tanks lines to fit a specific play/tank style and not be all random like the maus line used to be. i agree with the idea that the mk.6 will replace the 215b after the conqueror and that the fv215b will become the top teir tank of a new line. another idea i had was that they might make the fv215b a t8 premium like they did with the fv4202 

War_Machiine #8 Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Private

• 6026 battles
  • [ANZAS] ANZAS

View PostMatt_B, on 22 February 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Given that the Chieftain was an offshoot of the Centurion, perhaps it should be put on as a spur from that particular line. It's already a light-to-medium one, so why not offer light-to-medium-to-heavy?

i like this idea. the swedish heavy line shows us this can be done. i'd love the get my hands on this tank after i finish grinding to centurion AX instead of going back to t1 and grinding to british t10 heavy. just in case i'm starting to grdind british lines today :P

DeadArashi #9 Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12493 battles
  • [FRAP] FRAP

View PostWar_Machiine, on 02 May 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

the last few updates have shown us that wargaming like to make tank lines logical and the changes to the german heavies shows us that they want tanks lines to fit a specific play/tank style and not be all random like the maus line used to be.

And the third line ending with the PzKpfw VII goes against everything you said about WG making tank lines more logical as the the VK45.02a and VK45.02b both have ridiculously unhistorical armor (it should be the same thickness and armament as the premium tier 7 VK45.03) and the PzKpfw VII is a completely fake tank as well...

In 9.18 they are having the T71 build into the M41 despite the T71 being designed to REPLACE the M41

In the Swedish TD line the UDES 03 was designed AFTER the Strv 103b and then they used the historical prototype, Strv S1, as a premium

so where in the last few patches does it show that WG are trying to make tank lines logical?

View PostWar_Machiine, on 02 May 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

i agree with the idea that the mk.6 will replace the 215b after the conqueror and that the fv215b will become the top teir tank of a new line. another idea i had was that they might make the fv215b a t8 premium like they did with the fv4202 

Unlikely, FV215b is better replaced by the Conqueror with the battle pack spaced armor on the hull and the "Super Conqueror" turret. Te Chieftain would be tier 10 with prototypes at tier 8 and 9. FV215b, being a WG fake, would be removed completely from the game, a tier 8 premium could be the pike-nosed Chieftain prototype

Edited by DeadArashi, 02 May 2017 - 04:19 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users