Wot tactic planner (wottactic.tk)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you try the alternative ui ? (2 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which one do you like best ?

1. Old ui (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. New ui (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Hide poll

Kalith #1 Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles

I present http://wottactic.com, a tool to plan your battles cws, stronghold and team battles. It's simple, fast and has more features that you probably need.

But don't take my word for it, go over there and give it a try, no registration or download required, just press the new room button, copy paste the link to a few friends and you're good to go.

Want your voice heard, fill in the short survey.

Enjoy.

Edited by Kalith, 31 August 2016 - 03:00 AM.

Iron___ #2 Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

First lieutenant

• 21641 battles
  • [RAISE] RAISE

It is actually pretty good 

been using it for a while

signature.png

3 MoE's - 113, T62A, E50M, IS-7, E50, T54, T54-LT, M46KR, M46 Patton

Serene_Potato #3 Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

Captain

• 7592 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

It's been out for almost a year lol

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.

Hilly #4 Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:44 PM

We always have room for someone with the right requirements

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 11323 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

The other one which is quite good, which was designed by a guy I had in my old clan (ANZAR) came up with this.

http://asia.tanktactics.com/

Check it out, pretty good too.

Pyromaniacs [PYRO] is recruiting now. Please email/pm me if you are interested.

Kalith #5 Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles

I spent the weekend updating it a bit.

- Added full range color selection (on every browser that supports <input type='color'&gt;).

- Added the option to draw dotted lines/curves/shapes/etc.

- Much nicer looking arrows.

- Faster, smoother drawing code.

- Fixed some issues with some (mostly mobile) browsers.

I added image and json export of your own tactics. If anyone else wants to support the format, contact me and I'll help you get started. 

I've also created a tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-yl_WNjvwk. I'm well aware it sucks, I challenge you to do better and I'll redirect them to you.

I think it now pretty much has all the features of any similar tools out there that I know of.

Next I'll be looking at the maps. They should all be there and should all be up to date. But I want to add caps that are to scale, a toggle-able grid and a consistent color scheme.

I'm also still looking for someone to translate it into Russian, if you know anyone who could help me, please let me know.

Anyway if you haven't tried it yet, try it now. And If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Kalith #6 Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:44 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles

I updated the maps based on the locastan/ShuraBB HD mini-maps.  All caps are now accurately placed and most caps should now be to scale (the regular size ones). I got the exact position of the caps from res\scripts\arena_defs, but there was no info about he radius. Now almost all caps seem to have a radius of 50m and the map size is in there. But some encounter maps (e.g: phroko) and some team battle maps (e.g.: himmelsdorf cap 1) are of non-standard size. If anyone know if their dimension is in the game files somewhere I'd like to know.

Anyway let me know what you think. Do you like the maps or do you know of better set ? Are the cap/spawn points markings ok ? I tried to make them clear enough but not so obvious that they would interfere with icons and other things drawn on top.

Edited by Kalith, 09 March 2016 - 08:50 AM.

Kalith #7 Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles

I finished up the maps. I think I got all the cap dimensions correct. If you find any mistakes please let me know.

I added a new feature under stored tactics. You can now send a stored tactic as slides to a tactic that's already active. The idea is that you no longer have to open a new room if you want to load a prepared tactic for a new map. Helpful for stronghold or tournaments where you might not have a lot of time between games.

Kalith #8 Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles

Hi everyone. I wanted to thank everyone for your trust. wottactic has gone from 2-3k daily visitors to 8-9k daily visitors over the last month.

I'm currently gathering some input, so if you have the time, fill in this very short survey.

Kalith #9 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles

Now that's all quiet again after the campaign I've had time to work on a few features, including:

• Added a highlight of the user making changes or pinging
  • Added zoom in/out with the scrollwheel and panning while holding the right or middle mouse button
  • Added a ruler tool to measure distances and a tool to draw circles with a radius in m
  • Added the maps from http://wotbase.net as an alternative, as some people prefer those
  • You can now load a map from a link rather than choose a pre-selected one
  • Speed and usability improvements

I got a few comments about a colorblind mode, but I'm not exactly sure on how to do that. I guess I would change the red cap to purple like in the colorblind mode in game. I can change the default drawing colors as well. Anything else ?

Edited by Kalith, 12 May 2016 - 10:43 PM.

Kalith #10 Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles

I've been experimenting a little bit with the interface, you might have noticed the 'try a different ui button'. Give it a try, vote in the poll above. And tell me what you think the ui should look like ? I think the map must remain as big as possible, but other than that I'm very much open to suggestions. 

That page is also using pixi v4 instead of pixi v3 for rendering, which is a pretty major update. It brings some performance improvements and works fine on the browsers I tried it on, but if it does anything weird, let me know. 

Edited by Kalith, 29 May 2016 - 08:49 AM.

Kalith #11 Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles
A friendly campaign reminder, I think this is still the best cw planning tool out there.

ibianconeri #12 Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:07 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26980 battles
  • [-4S-] -4S-
Well sir, I think you better fix the server connection to this tool because sometimes it's become inaccessable. 

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

Kalith #13 Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:17 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles

View Postibianconeri, on 30 August 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Well sir, I think you better fix the server connection to this tool because sometimes it's become inaccessable. 

Can you give me some more details about those connections issues ? Apart from an hour of scheduled downtime 2 days ago to prepare for the campaign, there haven't been any interruptions as far as I can see.

I can't really test it from asia though. Right now it's hosted from Europe, which I admit is not ideal, but other than a slightly longer delay on commands, it shouldn't be an issue.

For the record it's hosted on an amazon ec2 instance in Frankfurt Germany. Normally a single one with ip: 52.28.202.223 (server1.wottactic.eu). But for the duration of the campaign on 2 more with ip's 52.28.254.12 (server2.wottactic.eu) and 52.57.2.28 (server3.wottactic.eu). The planner page will also open a websocket connection to one of the nodes, not necessarily the same server as the one hosting the page, but based on the id of the room.

Is there some part of this configuration that might cause issues connection from certain locations or with certain isp's ?

Edited by Kalith, 31 August 2016 - 03:18 AM.

stewiejp #14 Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 36802 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
The last couple of nights it has been inaccessible from the time our campaign starts (6pm AEST or 10am GMT) for our players. It does come back eventually though. I can't recall the error we get (but I am sure someone else will) - if it happens again tonight I'll screen shot it the error message and post it here if that helps.
                                                                                                                         stewiejp on youtube #getonboard

Kalith #15 Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 31 August 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

The last couple of nights it has been inaccessible from the time our campaign starts (6pm AEST or 10am GMT) for our players. It does come back eventually though. I can't recall the error we get (but I am sure someone else will) - if it happens again tonight I'll screen shot it the error message and post it here if that helps.

I went through the recent server logs and it was down on 29/08 from 13:02-14:07 GMT, or 22:02-23:07 AEST. I announced this one on the main page. I was updating the server for the campaign. There was also a 5 min interruption on 30/08 around 9:00 GMT or 18:00 AEST, had to reboot db node to upgrade instance. Other than that it should have been up. 

I'd like to get to the bottom of this. First of all does the website not load at all or does the planner not connect (map stays grey, userlist doesn't get loaded).

If the website doesn't load at all:

Can you ping the servers to make sure you can reach them: ping server1.wottactic.eu, ping server2.wottactic.eu, ping server3.wottactic.eu. Also try on a different domain wottactic.tk/wottactic.eu/wottactic.com. They should all point you to the same server, but maybe it is a dns issue.

If the planner doesn't connect:

Press F12 in your browser and go to the console tab in the window that pops up. Copy paste everything printed there. It should by default print which server it's trying to connect to, e.g.: "connecting to server:  server3.wottactic.eu". Try to ping that server to see if it available.

Also next time there's a problem, make a post, or write me an e-mail, something. Don't assume I know about it.

stewiejp #16 Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 36802 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
It all worked fine tonight Kalith, will report back here with any issues should it happen again. Keep up the good work mate, it's a great site! :)

Kalith #17 Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles

I haven't really heard back from this, have there been any more connection issues ?

Things are still improving. including but not limited to

• Better quality drawing
  • Much improved zoom support
  • Faster and more responsive than ever
  • Added the new wot minimaps

I've also added a little forum to gather and share my thought and suggestions on where to go from here.

stewiejp #18 Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 36802 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Been using it for months with no issue mate - keep up the good work!

Kalith #19 Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:59 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles

Just a heads up that wottactic is still here for all your planning needs.

And while you're there, check out the stats tracking on wottactic. It's still a work in progress, but take a look and tell me what you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users