WoT Alienware Arena Tournament Winners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Valyria #1 Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
The World of Tanks Alienware Arena tournament has just been concluded. Congratulations to all winners who walked away with fantastic prizes!

Full news text

If you have any feedback pertaining to the event, feel free to post them here in this thread. Your feedback will help us to make the next event better for you.

Edited by Valyria, 09 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

DeathAwaits #2 Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 1426 battles
Gratz to all winners

amade #3 Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Benign Troll

• 2015 battles
Congrats to the winners and to Seagaming for hosting the event.

However I notice that one of the teams (the winning team, in fact) is called S.S. Panzer. Now, back in NA or on EU no one could have these initials in their username, clan name or team name - it leads to an automatic ban or at the minimum a forced name change.

Just to be clear, I don't wish for these guys to be banned or disqualified but I would like to know if using "SS" or any permutation of those initials are allowed on SEA server since the nazi-related things aren't as sensitive here as it is in NA or EU. I'm not bothered either way, but I'd still like to know what the official policy is for SEA region so we'll know where to tread the line.

Heck, maybe we can start calling Boelter's medal by its original name again which used to be Wittmann's medal.

edit:
I just browsed through the rules again and found that it's a straight copy from the NA/EU forums:

3. Names (Players and Clans), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos

3.11 that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgements and signs( 88, 14, 420, SS), or similar stylization (such as, 55) as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders) which may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred.

I know I risk farming neg reps here but I take the view it's better to have these things clarified sooner rather than later when it might take someone out with a surprise ban. The other day I saw someone with a nazi related name in-game, but I didn't report it because I'm not easily offended and I don't care much what names people use. However, someone else might report him/her and cite the rule above and then then someone's going to make an alt account to rant on the forums because he/she got banned. If Seagaming would let people know their stand on this matter then perhaps we'll be able to avoid any sort of unpleasantness.

aeuse #4 Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 25844 battles
S.S. Panzer,Sea Server Panzer ? SS S.S. :Smile-hiding:

amade wants tournament in Malaysia, Give it to him! :Smile_great:

Edited by masquevale, 09 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.

amade #5 Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Benign Troll

• 2015 battles

View Postmasquevale, on 09 May 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

S.S. Panzer, Sea Server Panzer ? SS S.S. :Smile-hiding:

LOL, you could be right ;-)

Deathskyz #6 Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14961 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Had a great time there, even though STEEL lost 2-1.
Congrats to the winners :)

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

Haku #7 Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 19314 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
I personally think when you say "SS Panzer" it's kinda obvious what it's supposed to mean. Nazism is Nazism, amade. I strongly recommend a zero-tolerance policy here.

僕の最愛心 、宮本雪子は。。。

amade #8 Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Benign Troll

• 2015 battles

View PostHaku, on 09 May 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

I personally think when you say "SS Panzer" it's kinda obvious what it's supposed to mean. Nazism is Nazism, amade. I strongly recommend a zero-tolerance policy here.

I suspect when people use SS in their names it's usually because they think it's "133t" rather than them actually being sympathetic to the cause... at least when we're talking about folks in SEA. It's a different story in NA/EU of course.

Whichever policy is to be used I just hope it's made clear, unambiguous and consistently adhered to.

aeuse #9 Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 25844 battles
Congratulation to the Winners!

momo90 #10 Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 740 battles
had fun in the event! and glad to see my face in it=D

Enforcer #11 Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2592 battles
Dear users,

We will ahede to the same rules and regulations as NA/EU server. Although many moderators are not familiar with Nazi words and symbol here at on the SEA server.

In the future, team names with nazi related words are not allowed to participate in the tournament.

I believe there are many suitable names out there for your team and this is a clear stand point.

Nevertheless we congratuate team S.S Panzer for coming in as champions even though they are formed the last minute before the tournament started.

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !
And do like Enforcer's Facebook Page!

chak #12 Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 214 battles
Congratulations to the winners :) we had fun despite losing  i do have some suggestions for the game format and rules will update soon

Enforcer #13 Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2592 battles
An update that the tournament gold prizes has been credited to the winners accounts.

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !
And do like Enforcer's Facebook Page!

chak #14 Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 214 battles
Proposed addition to rules and addition of scoring format.  (LONG POST)

During this Tourney the Game formats was decided only at the last min as the total number of teams cannot be confirmed till the last min.
The scoring and elimination of the teams was also not clear for example. best of 3 but a team was eliminated when the score was 1 win 1 draw.
Thus i would like to proposed certain formats to future tourneys. These are adapted from an existing sports rules.(Paintball- SpeedBall) , I can elaborate further if needed to.

1) Game format
2) Scoring Format

Games Format

Teams will qualify for the quarter final round in the following manner:(all the ranking of the teams will be based on scores as listed in part 2 below)

- If there are less than 8 teams in the classification there will be no quarter final round
and the top four teams will qualify directly for the semi final round.
- If there are 8 to 20 teams in the classification, the top 8 teams therein will qualify and play in the quarter final round.
- If there are 21 to 30 teams in the classification, the top 12 teams therein will qualify
and play in the quarter final round.
- If there are over 30 teams in the classification, the top 16 teams therein will qualify
and play in the quarter final round.

- Team positions at the end of a round of play are determined by total points earned by the teams in such round

After the quarterfinals the 1st place team plays 4th place in a semifinal whilst 2nd plays
3rd in a semifinal, both in best of three games. Then in the finals the winner of 1vs4 plays the winner of 2vs3 for 1st & 2nd place, whilst the losing teams compete for 3rd & 4th place in a best of three.

Scoring Format

Scoring for games will be conducted as follows:
- A team will be awarded 3 Match points(MP) for a win.
- Each team will receive 1 Match point for a draw.
- A team will receive 0 Match points for a loss.
- A team will also receive Elimination Difference (ED) points. ED points are
calculated as the numeric difference between the number of own players being alive
at the end of the game and the number of live opponents. Therefore the ED can
range from positive 15 (+15) to negative 15 (-15) base on the number of players per team.
Elimination Difference Points are only relevant in case of a tiebreak between teams.
Points are awarded at the conclusion of the game by the Head Referee.

For example based the recent SG tourney.
Example 1:

In a best of 3 matches for 5 member team
1st game
Team A won with 4 players alive
Team A match point 3 ED points +4
Team B match point 0 ed point -5

2ndgame
Draw both sides left with 4 players alive
Team A match point 1 ED points +4
Team B match point 1 ED point +4

As ED is only used in terms of a tie breaker. There will be a 3rd Match as there is a possibility that Team B will win and makes it a tie breaker

3rd game
Team B won with 3 players alive
Team A match point 0 ED points -5
Team B match point 3 ED points +3

Now the results would be Tie as both team won 1 match and draw 1,However base on score
Team A MP 3+1+0 = 4 ED 4+4+(-5) = 3
Team B MP 0+1+3 = 4 ED (-5)+4+3 = 2
Team A wins as they have a higher ED

Cereal #15 Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 1149 battles
Hi chak,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the competition format.

We have actually prepared 2 competition format prior to the event itself.

1) Knockout format - Used during the Alienware tournament
2) League format - Similar to the point system you proposed

However, as we have additional teams signing up on the spot bringing the total registered teams to 8, we went with the knockout format instead.

Do not worry as we will streamline the formats for future bigger scale tournaments and we will standardize it across the region for regional tournaments.

Nevertheless, great to see you there with your team and hope that you can join us at our next tournament :Smile_Default:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users