tier 6 stronghold tank selection advice needed.

query

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

RedEagle44 #1 Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:32 AM

Corporal

• 693 battles
our clan [OZZY] recently (since yesterday) started playing tier 6 Skirmishes.
i would like to ask seniors and experienced players - 

what should be tank combination and what tanks are preffered. ?
any idea what equipments should be mounted on those tanks. ?

thanks. 07
RedEagle44

Trojaan #2 Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:25 AM

Sergeant

• 18375 battles

List of tank for tier 6 :-

1 T37

2 KV85

3 OI

4 cromwell

5 KV2 

This are the tank basicly use for tier 6. 

OI is use on small map where u dont really have to make much movement.

T37 and cromwell use for big map, easy to move around.

Hope this help :) 

signature.png

"To make something special is to believe its special" : Kung Fu Panda

agentfrost #3 Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 59464 battles
  • [WAFKS] WAFKS

TOG II

59-16

T-34-85

M6

rammer, vert stab, coated optics

RedEagle44 #4 Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:04 AM

Corporal

• 693 battles

View PostTrojaan, on 08 April 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

List of tank for tier 6 :-

1 T37

2 KV85

3 OI

4 cromwell

5 KV2 

This are the tank basicly use for tier 6. 

OI is use on small map where u dont really have to make much movement.

T37 and cromwell use for big map, easy to move around.

Hope this help :) 

how can we know we are about to get small maps or big maps ?

View Postagentfrost, on 09 April 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

TOG II

59-16

T-34-85

M6

rammer, vert stab, coated optics

lol Tog ll --- we r new and we don't have this tank.
M6 -- we tried this in 11 games, its a big target and easily outflanked

RedEagle44

RemyLaCroix #5 Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

Private

• 317 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

The best teams whent hey are trying just spam Cromwell's and T37s and rely on being able to out view teams running heavy line-ups.  Sometimes the Skoda's and T-34 variants and if after a heavy an O-I these days.

Unless they are just having a laugh in which case Churchill VIIs and JPz IVs are the new meta.

JOC469 #6 Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:48 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles

Firstly have a look at the team lineups you are facing - that is an indicator of the tanks you should consider. Unless it is comedy tank hour and you get teams rolling around in all TOGs, etc.

You really need to see what tanks are available in your clan. It is no good wanting a lineup of T37s if no one in your clan has them. It will also depend on their play style and skills, no good putting people in LTs and MTs if they are just potatoes in them.

And finally you need to work out what you are trying to accomplish - are you trying to farm boxes/influence/credits, or are you trying to give battle callers a chance to try out strats, and practice skills like focus firing, etc. 

Skirmishes are mostly about yolo - the more battles you complete the more credits you earn so you want a fast/mobile force with tanks like 37/Cromwell/Type64/etc. Stronghold defences when you are attaching or being attacked may want larger guns and higher HP pools, but still include vision. 

Regardles you will sometimes be up against clans running 4+ skill crews in LTs that will outspot you and wear you down with gold. 

RainbowAssassin #7 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• 38839 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA
Cromwell, t37, T150, M6, arl44, OI and maybe a kv2 if you want some wuving

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3

K4izerr #8 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Captain

• 22486 battles

Cromwell, T37, M6, Type 64

KV 85 no depression

OI is for noobs

3 Marks of Excellence 

T67 - Pz. IV H - Pz. III/IV - T-34 - Cromwell - M6 - VK30.01P - T29 - Tiger 1 - Panther - T-34-3 - IS3 - IS3A - Rhm Borsig - STG Guard - Somua SM -  T-10 - E50 - AMX 50 120 - AMX 50B - E50M

RedEagle44 #9 Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• 693 battles

View PostJOC469, on 09 April 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

Firstly have a look at the team lineups you are facing - that is an indicator of the tanks you should consider. Unless it is comedy tank hour and you get teams rolling around in all TOGs, etc.

You really need to see what tanks are available in your clan. It is no good wanting a lineup of T37s if no one in your clan has them. It will also depend on their play style and skills, no good putting people in LTs and MTs if they are just potatoes in them.

And finally you need to work out what you are trying to accomplish - are you trying to farm boxes/influence/credits, or are you trying to give battle callers a chance to try out strats, and practice skills like focus firing, etc. 

Skirmishes are mostly about yolo - the more battles you complete the more credits you earn so you want a fast/mobile force with tanks like 37/Cromwell/Type64/etc. Stronghold defences when you are attaching or being attacked may want larger guns and higher HP pools, but still include vision. 

Regardles you will sometimes be up against clans running 4+ skill crews in LTs that will outspot you and wear you down with gold. 

whats that 'boxes' ?

RedEagle44

Flying_Elite #10 Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

Always blame Hema!

• 30985 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

View PostRedEagle44, on 09 April 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

whats that 'boxes' ?

Boxes are industrial resources that you earn when playing skirmishes.

Spoiler

_Sammich_ #11 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 36355 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
A-43 can work with the fastbois tactic. It's not quite as good as a crommie, but can keep up with the pack.

I used to run it before I bought a crommie B, and I didn't have a t-37 or 64 at the time.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Serene_Potato #12 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

Captain

• 7592 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Nobody seems to care. But's here's a decent list for you.

1. T37
  2. A-43
  3. Type 64
  4. Cromwell
  5. O-I
  6. FV304 (must be a good artillery player)
  7. M4A3E2
  8. Double SU 100Ys (must be skilled players)
  9. KV-85s
  10. T-34-85s
  11. O-Is
  12. Did I mention O-Is?

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.

ibianconeri #13 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• 28949 battles

View PostRedEagle44, on 08 April 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

how can we know we are about to get urban maps or open maps ?

Here I should fix it a bit

Here's the setup that you may uses in any map in Stronghold Skirmises

2 T37

1 T25 Skoda (You can switch it with another Cromwell) 

4 Cromwell

Note : You must stick together with this setup or other wise you'll risk your team for losing the battle before it's started

---------------------

You're asking which map that small or big. Here's you answer

Urban Maps: Himmelsdorf, Widepark, Ensk

Open Maps  : Prokorovka, Fiery Salient, Steppes, Serene Coast, Tundra, El Halluf, Malinovka

Mixed Maps : Artic Region, Live Oaks, Lakeville, Highway, Abbey,  

I don't know there's still a lot of maps out there that I don't know what category is that because sometimes is could become an OIs KAMPFEST which is SUCK. but the setup above is for every single map for tier 6 Stronghold

Edited by ibianconeri, 13 April 2016 - 01:33 PM.

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

ibianconeri #14 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• 28949 battles

View PostSerene_Potato, on 13 April 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

1. T37
  2. A-43
  3. Type 64
  4. Cromwell/Cromwell B
  5. O-I
  7. M4A3E2
  9. KV-85s
  10. T-34-85s/Type 58
  11. O-Is
  12. T 25 Skoda 
  13. AMX 12 t
  14. Did I mention O-Is?

OMG Serene. I've fix it for you....And for the crew. THE GOD DAMN CREW for every single tank above should have AT LEAST six sense fully trained. 

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

RedEagle44 #15 Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

Corporal

• 693 battles

View PostSerene_Potato, on 13 April 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

1. T37
  2. A-43
  3. Type 64
  4. Cromwell
  5. O-I
  7. M4A3E2
  9. KV-85s
  10. T-34-85s
  11. O-Is
  12. Did I mention O-Is?

View Postibianconeri, on 13 April 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

Here's the setup that you may uses in any map in Stronghold Skirmises

2 T37

1 T25 Skoda (You can switch it with another Cromwell) 

4 Cromwell

Note : You must stick together with this setup or other wise you'll risk your team for losing the battle before it's started

---------------------

You're asking which map that small or big. Here's you answer

Urban Maps: Himmelsdorf, Widepark, Ensk

Open Maps  : Prokorovka, Fiery Salient, Steppes, Serene Coast, Tundra, El Halluf, Malinovka

Mixed Maps : Artic Region, Live Oaks, Lakeville, Highway, Abbey,  

I don't know there's still a lot of maps out there that I don't know what category is that because sometimes is could become an OIs KAMPFEST which is SUCK. but the setup above is for every single map for tier 6 Stronghold

this is very helpful.. explained a lot.. thanks guys.. we will implement these tanks and 'staying together' tactics.

RedEagle44

Profanisaurus #16 Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

I think you need to define the difference between Strongholds and Clan Wars.  The reality is Strongholds add the most value if they are quick games. Better to win two and lose one in 15 minutes than spend 15 minutes trying to break a tomato turtle.  A set-up with 100ys etc is a set-up to camp pretty hard, or one with arty is set-up to take time to break turtles.

A light and fast force can make for quick battles and moving on rapidly to the next game.  If you get in a Mountain Pass battle and spot a team of heavies or you meet certain clans with a proud reputation for a camp sometimes it's better to just yolo in and die and move on to the next battle.  You probably could beat them but the terrain and line-ups will suit them more than you and make it a lottery.

As for 6th sense, it's useful but as long as a couple fo players have it, it's not essential.  Strongholds are a very good place to grind up a crew you then want to move to a higher teir tank.

In summary a line-up of Crommies and 37s will suit any environment and you'll lose a few even with the servers best players on your team just because the line-ups and maps don't align for you.

For me the key points for a mobile punch on team are:

Always be willing to FLEX.  You get to the donut on Karelia and have seen no enemy?  They have gone the other side or they are camping.  Move your force as one back to cap to meet a northern rush.  The only time you seperate is if you need to change angles to break a defensive strategy (with some exceptions).
Focus fire.  If you can focus fire better than your opposition you will win 95% of encounters.
Look for a lone enemy you can use your mobility to pounce on.  In a 7-a-side battle a one tank advantage is massive.  This is why arty or an immobile TD are a problem. You effectively end up one short in a brawl.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

_Maui #17 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:04 AM

First lieutenant

• 25517 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

There are several way to play and tank choice will depend on how you want to play.

You can keep the force light and mobile, all tanks can be penetrated from the side or with the correct use of gold rounds, O.I's have to be kept at a distance and sniped out as they will 1 shot you at close ranges.

Or you can take at least 2 scouts and then either alpha tanks or DPM tanks (or a mix).

A full team of T37 can do the job, but a full team of OI's should get owned by any good team out there, even on a city map (it will be harder here).

Whatever you do make sure you stick together, if you break up into 2 groups or try to cover all the map you will just get pick of by a focused team.

Gold should only be used to crack the hard stuff or when a shot needs to be made (same as pubs) or you will have issues making credits, which for some is the main aim of doing strongholds.

Strongholds are good for testing strats and learning to work as a team, so run all fast tanks and learn to wolf pack, or take 2 scouts with 2 alpha tanks and some dpm tanks and learn spotting and focus fire. Just make sure you are using the time in strongholds effectively so you when you move onto the clan wars map you have a good base. 

Edited by Thadeous, 14 April 2016 - 08:07 AM.

RedEagle44 #18 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

Corporal

• 693 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 April 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

I think you need to define the difference between Strongholds and Clan Wars.  The reality is Strongholds add the most value if they are quick games. Better to win two and lose one in 15 minutes than spend 15 minutes trying to break a tomato turtle.  A set-up with 100ys etc is a set-up to camp pretty hard, or one with arty is set-up to take time to break turtles.

A light and fast force can make for quick battles and moving on rapidly to the next game.  If you get in a Mountain Pass battle and spot a team of heavies or you meet certain clans with a proud reputation for a camp sometimes it's better to just yolo in and die and move on to the next battle.  You probably could beat them but the terrain and line-ups will suit them more than you and make it a lottery.

As for 6th sense, it's useful but as long as a couple fo players have it, it's not essential.  Strongholds are a very good place to grind up a crew you then want to move to a higher teir tank.

In summary a line-up of Crommies and 37s will suit any environment and you'll lose a few even with the servers best players on your team just because the line-ups and maps don't align for you.

For me the key points for a mobile punch on team are:

Always be willing to FLEX.  You get to the donut on Karelia and have seen no enemy?  They have gone the other side or they are camping.  Move your force as one back to cap to meet a northern rush.  The only time you seperate is if you need to change angles to break a defensive strategy (with some exceptions).
Focus fire.  If you can focus fire better than your opposition you will win 95% of encounters.
Look for a lone enemy you can use your mobility to pounce on.  In a 7-a-side battle a one tank advantage is massive.  This is why arty or an immobile TD are a problem. You effectively end up one short in a brawl.

View PostThadeous, on 14 April 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

There are several way to play and tank choice will depend on how you want to play.

You can keep the force light and mobile, all tanks can be penetrated from the side or with the correct use of gold rounds, O.I's have to be kept at a distance and sniped out as they will 1 shot you at close ranges.

Or you can take at least 2 scouts and then either alpha tanks or DPM tanks (or a mix).

A full team of T37 can do the job, but a full team of OI's should get owned by any good team out there, even on a city map (it will be harder here).

Whatever you do make sure you stick together, if you break up into 2 groups or try to cover all the map you will just get pick of by a focused team.

Gold should only be used to crack the hard stuff or when a shot needs to be made (same as pubs) or you will have issues making credits, which for some is the main aim of doing strongholds.

Strongholds are good for testing strats and learning to work as a team, so run all fast tanks and learn to wolf pack, or take 2 scouts with 2 alpha tanks and some dpm tanks and learn spotting and focus fire. Just make sure you are using the time in strongholds effectively so you when you move onto the clan wars map you have a good base. 

thanks a lot fellow tankers. it helps a lot, especially that karelia map one.

RedEagle44

Profanisaurus #19 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Oh yeah.  Also, tier 6 non-heavies are made of tinfoil.  When you suffer lot's of critical damage and people start claiming hacks and aim bots have a look at what you did to the enemy.  Often you will find you did just as much critical damage in return and it's the nature of the tank, not aimbots.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Jarms #20 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

First lieutenant

• 13028 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-

In strongholds there's no way to know what maps are coming next so heavy tank strategies are generally reserved for clan wars proper, where you know what maps to prepare for. 

A good jack-of-all-trades stronghold team is preferable if you just want to win, rather than practing other strategies. A good all round team will often consist of majority mediums and some scouts. 

For lights look at the T37 or the Type 64, the Type is better at raw spotting whilst the T37 can be used like a medium. For mediums go for the Cromwell, Skoda T25 or the T-34-85. Cromwells are great for aggressive wolfpacks, Skodas have excellent clip potential and the T-34-85s are great heavy-mediums or defenders.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users