Suggestions / Player Discussion

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

jo2special #41 Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 16233 battles
  • [AGILA] AGILA
In stronghold and clanwars we are using tier6, tier8 and tier10 and also in the campaigns, how about we start using tier5, tier7 and tier9 in camapaign instead of tier6, tier7 and tier10.

Josh_25 #42 Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Corporal

• 14138 battles

http://static-ptl-eu...b/image/bi1.jpg

i do suggest to remove the name of the vehicle/vehicle information when someone shoot you while the one who are shooting you is not spotted.

why?
-its unfair. while youre hiding and shooting enemy, the enemy knows whose in that line. (but the arrow indicator is okay)
-some tanks use same type of guns

-damage indicators when the shell is not penetrated/bounced

i suggest
-to replace it with some caliber indicator like when a high caliber gun shoots you, it tells you that it is high caliber.
-when the shell bounced, dont show the "supposed to be damage" because it tells you too that ____ tank is there.
-when unspotted enemy hits you, dont tell what tank theyre but show the damage caused.

because?
-i miss the old one when a random enemy shoots you and you dont know who it is. lmao. well. have fun

TX130S_Sabre_Class #43 Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Corporal

• 9283 battles
  • [3NET] 3NET

IMO, I think WoT should made a HD model for some minor tank such as T-150, M4A3E8, and ST-I:). M4A3E8 looks ugly :( with boxy low-poly mantlet and 6-side screw nuts style road wheels. While T-150 texture looks dirty and worn-out condition. Then ST-I looks so plain without much details to show.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.

EliteBrekkieRoll #44 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• 29989 battles

Suggestions / Player Discussion to devs

ive been watching this 

and i've comment on it saying

Block Quote

fine with reduce alpha stun eh dunno, why not just reduce the crew skills instead, i mean getting hit by a large he or and and bouncing ap in real life would properly hurt your ears and reduce crew co operation so reducing crew skill instead is a better option imo. i mean would that not be good enough we all know how a 50% crew would be like, getting hit by an arty might lower that to 20% depending on how hard you've been hit

imo i think this is a much better option. not sure how everyone will feel about that so nutshell. tracking is already like getting being stuned soo by adding stun effect is stupid imo it would properly turn out more frustrating then before (eg like most people said bert the avenger is the avenger  = already perma track  so adding stun would make it perma track + perma stun)

-reduce alpha

-reduce splash damage

*no stun*

+reduce crew skills depending on how hard you hit 

+Profit while player been debuffed

+ increase accuracy

Edited by EliteBrekkieRoll, 07 February 2017 - 02:42 PM.

TD1 #45 Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9278 battles

I'd like it if there was a separate server where we can "test drive" tanks from the in-game tech tree/premium shop that is open all the time. 

Here's what I was thinking:

In this server:

1. There is no limit on how many tanks you can have in your garage i.e no need for garage slots!

2. Everything is completely free, so no Gold/Credits/XP involved. Tanks automatically come with 100% crew when bought, and all tanks start researched and elited.

However, to balance it all out:

1. Accounts on this server aren't eligible for events/tournaments.

2. No payments for gold are accepted.

3. Playing battles do not earn you Credits/XP/Gold (What's the point when everything is completely free from the start anyway?!?)

As for why I want to have it:

1. I always miss the Common test server, where you can, without much in the way of hesitation, actually drive whatever tanks you wanted/dreamed of. 

2. Allows for test-driving premium tanks like the common test server, which would allow us all to gauge if a tank is actually worth it to buy (obviously, depending on play style/ player skill)

3. Allows for people who just want to play their dream tanks without the painstaking process of grinding to them first.

So, any thoughts? But please, try to be nice, this is my first post in the forum after all.

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #46 Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

Why not just add a "Tank Rental Store" in the main client?

Play what ever Tank you want, with 100% "RENTAL" crew.

Full Tech Upgrades Available, so you can see how the Tank performs from Stock to Full Upgrade.

Modules, SPREM and Consumables at your cost.

Playable in "Public Randoms" Only.

NO Repair Costs, NO Re Arming Costs, NO Credits or XP earned as you are Trying the Tank out.  (Earnings are Displayed but NOT creditted. )

Maximum of 10 Match Rental, before Tank is returned to the Lot.

Edited by Inglorious_Bugger_Austra, 09 February 2017 - 05:32 AM.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

TD1 #47 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9278 battles

View PostInglorious_Bugger_Austra, on 08 February 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Why not just add a "Tank Rental Store" in the main client?

Play what ever Tank you want, with 100% "RENTAL" crew.

Full Tech Upgrades Available, so you can see how the Tank performs from Stock to Full Upgrade.

Modules, SPREM and Consumables at your cost.

Playable in "Public Randoms" Only.

NO Repair Costs, NO Re Arming Costs, NO Credits or XP earned as you are Trying the Tank out.  (Earnings are Displayed but NOT creditted. )

Maximum of 10 Match Rental, before Tank is returned to the Lot.

Maximum of 10 then no more? No, thank you. My preference is testing it to your heart's content. 

tallon332 #48 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

Private

• 3980 battles
  • [JAIHO] JAIHO
Maybe Green-lighting the game on Steam?:P

The_Salty_Brit_ #49 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Suggestion:

Can WG please change the Ammo-Racked situation, I mean it's really dumb when your loader is at 6s from a 6.5s load , you get Ammo-racked and the timer goes back to ZERO!

What does the loader do, drop the shell in shock?

I can understand that the next re-load will take longer because he has to sort out the shells etc, but whilst he is actually loading?

Now purtians would say that he probably grabs the shell last after his list of pre-loading checks and loading sequence, therefore the penalty, since he has done all the checks and is ready to load a shell but has still to grab one, and an Ammo_Racked would make this longer.. but as I said, it just feels dumb!

Take away the immediate penalty and just add the time penality onto the next 'loading' sequence!

PLS

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

Ezz #50 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So basically you're after a FTP game with all content also free. K, i'll run that by the accountants. I can't see them having any drama with it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

TD1 #51 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9278 battles

View PostEzz, on 09 February 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

So basically you're after a FTP game with all content also free. K, i'll run that by the accountants. I can't see them having any drama with it.

I see your sarcasm, well played XD.

But I was not trying to make that game that way. I was talking about a separate server, not make the entire game that way.

Besides, I did give drawbacks to playing on the "sandbox" server I suggested.

But failing that, why can't we make the test server open all the time to everyone, and just renew their Gold, Free EXP and Credits every now and then there?

Ezz #52 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTD1, on 09 February 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

But failing that, why can't we make the test server open all the time to everyone, and just renew their Gold, Free EXP and Credits every now and then there?

Devil's advocate, but why? What would be in it for WG? Server up time, the extra infrastructure, the potential lost 'real' server revenue, not wanting to segment their player base. I'm seeing a lot of reasons not to do it. But beyond offering up 'taster' content in hopes that someone might decide they want more... what would be in it for WG?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #53 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Test server is there to test things, whats the point of it otherwise? Might as well call it "you get everything" server which goes against WG's entire model. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

TD1 #54 Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9278 battles

All right, I digress.

Back to work grinding on these tank tech trees (alliteration not intended) I guess...

Don't worry, I'm not mad. I'm dissapointed for not thinking things through. I was not on the economic/business side, just from the "fun" side. Silly me.

On a side note though, I find it annoying that we have to buy garage slots and barracks bunks with gold, while we don't have to do so with premium ammo. Why can't we return Premium ammo to gold only, and make garage slots and bunks purchasable by credits? 

That way, there will be less people complaining about gold ammo spam, and make people driving heavily-armored, slow-moving machines like the T95 and the Maus happier.

Edited by TD1, 09 February 2017 - 10:02 PM.

Ezz #55 Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:11 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because it would shift the game even further along the pay to win spectrum.

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #56 Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:13 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

View PostSir_British, on 09 February 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Suggestion:

Can WG please change the Ammo-Racked situation, I mean it's really dumb when your loader is at 6s from a 6.5s load , you get Ammo-racked and the timer goes back to ZERO!

What does the loader do, drop the shell in shock?

I can understand that the next re-load will take longer because he has to sort out the shells etc, but whilst he is actually loading?

Now purtians would say that he probably grabs the shell last after his list of pre-loading checks and loading sequence, therefore the penalty, since he has done all the checks and is ready to load a shell but has still to grab one, and an Ammo_Racked would make this longer.. but as I said, it just feels dumb!

Take away the immediate penalty and just add the time penality onto the next 'loading' sequence!

PLS

I'm slightly more concerned when your Ammo Storage (The Ammo stored Around the Tank, NOT directly accessed for loading in the turret. ) is hit and your loading times Max out.  It's understandable when the Turret Ammo racks are damaged, that loading would take longer, but WHY does the Ammo in storage locations being damaged result in the same Loading time?

View PostEzz, on 09 February 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Devil's advocate, but why? What would be in it for WG? Server up time, the extra infrastructure, the potential lost 'real' server revenue, not wanting to segment their player base. I'm seeing a lot of reasons not to do it. But beyond offering up 'taster' content in hopes that someone might decide they want more... what would be in it for WG?

You also run the risk of the Test Server becoming MORE Popular than the Game Server, where people spend their Money.

View PostTD1, on 09 February 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Maximum of 10 then no more? No, thank you. My preference is testing it to your heart's content. 

10 Matches in THAT 1 Tank, not overall.  (If thats what you were worried about? ) 

I mean you have the INTERNET, Streamers, Reviews, Blogs, WIKI's, Word of Mouth and Youtube to give you an Educated Idea of what the Tanks are like.  10 Matches should confirm if it's any good for YOU.

In any case it's just a suggestion.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

stewiejp #57 Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 55018 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Its been a while since i played a test server but isnt what was described above pretty much what the test sever is? Unless its changed. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP <--- Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

TD1 #58 Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9278 battles

View PostEzz, on 09 February 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Because it would shift the game even further along the pay to win spectrum.

Weakspots exist for a reason y' know.

And your pay to win argument just goes as well for premium tanks, crew training, and premium consumables. 

In comparison, having more space for vehicles and crew members do not affect a player's performance in battle.

Ezz #59 Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So does HE... not sure your point.

As to the existing P2W elements, why shift the game further that way? It's pretty awful for any competitive f2p to use that as a monetization method.

Oh and prem consumables can be had for credits so aren't quite as bad.

Edited by Ezz, 10 February 2017 - 03:04 PM.

TD1 #60 Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9278 battles
I was around when premium ammo and consumables actually needed gold to buy. Can't recall that correctly though, because it was more than 4 years ago. (For reference, I was here since Oct. 2012)

I can understand why people want to pay gold for premium ammo or consumables, but garage slots and crew bunks aren't pay to win in any way, shape or form (They do not affect in-battle performance). I find it odd that to this day they can still only be bought with gold.

If we can buy things that are clearly pay-to-win with credits, why are things like those garage slots and crew bunks that aren't must be bought with gold?

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users