Sentinel Project April Update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:19 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear ANZ.

As you are aware, we undertook a restoration project for an Australian AC1 Sentinel Tank to preserve this rare part of Australian military history, and bring it back home for all Australian's to view in the future.

The intro you can find here.

As you can see, the tank was in need of some luving and restoration.

The restoration and relocation back home to Australia (Australian Armour & Artillery Museum Cairns) is now complete.

As well as the tank being preserved in game.

The full information and video release regarding the above will be released soon (hopefully another week or two).

At the moment we are still sorting and ironing out copyright permissions for some old historical AC1 Sentinel video, which we wish to include in our full video.

Once again.

We hope you had a nice day of reflection..

Lest we forget.

Regards
Tan

Tanitha #2 Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:39 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG

And just a few more raw original photos, to keep you going until the full video release is ready.

The AC1 Sentinel before restoration and shipping to AUS.

Will missing cupola, and damaged gun from disarmament.

Transport from USA to the harbour for shipping

Through to its new home under lights and cameras.

Regards
Tan

Jarms #3 Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

First lieutenant

• 13103 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-

It's so good to see a piece of living Australian military history return to our shores. :)

Oh. Two questions. When you say restoration do you mean back to running condition, or display condition, or will we have to wait for the video? Also is that the AC IE2/IV in the background I spot, the basis for the potential tier VI UK/next Australian premium?

Edited by Jarms, 25 April 2016 - 02:15 PM.

Tanitha #4 Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostJarms, on 25 April 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

It's so good to see a piece of living Australian military history return to our shores. :)

Oh. Two questions. When you say restoration do you mean back to running condition, or display condition, or will we have to wait for the video? Also is that the AC IE2/IV in the background I spot, the basis for the potential tier VI UK/next Australian premium?

>It's so good to see a piece of living Australian military history return to our shores. :)

Yes, and especially since most was destroyed post war.

>When you say restoration do you mean back to running condition, or display condition, or will we have to wait for the video? Also is that the AC IE2/IV in the background I spot, the basis for the potential tier VI UK/next Australian premium?

At the moment its in display condition and no longer rusting :)

It does have engines though, so it maybe possible to restore it further in the future, although we have no "current" plans to do so.

>Also is that the AC IE2/IV in the background I spot, the basis for the potential tier VI UK/next Australian premium?

There is more hot info on these types of topics.

But I need to recheck the current info release schedule. I think some of the info isn't ready for release yet..
So probably best to keep an eye on the forums for other info coming up soonish..

Regards
Tan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users