My proposed change to the tech-tree:
- Dark Green: Light Tanks
- Orange: Medium Tanks
- Magenta: AT Guns
- Sky Blue: Heavy Tanks
- Cyan: Artillery
Light Tank/Vickers MBT Line:
- The Cruiser IV now unlock two vehicles, the Crusader II and the Covenanter (not seen above), which were competing designs.
- The Crusader II lead to the current tier V Crusader, renamed to the historical Crusader III.
- The Crusader III branches into two vehicles, the new tier V medium Centaur and the new tier VI light FV301.
- The FV301 leads to the AVR.
- The AVR leads to the VTN 45569.
- This then leads to the Vickers MBT Mk. 1 (you can also unlock it via the Centurion I).
- Which finally leads to the Vickers MBT Mk. 3, some people might argue that it's outside the WOT timeline but the technology it uses still fits.
Medium Tank Line:
- The Covenanter no longer leads to the Crusader, but now instead leads to the new tier V medium Centaur (you can also unlock it via the Crusader III).
- The Centaur leads to the current tier VI Cromwell.
- The Cromwell now branches into two vehicles, the new tier VII Challenger (changed to a medium tank) and the current Comet.
- The Centurion I now branches into two vehicles, the new tier IX Vickers MBT Mk. 1 and the current Centurion 7/1.
- The Firefly now leads to the Challenger.
- The Challenger has been made into a medium tank.
- The Challenger now branches into the Centurion I and the new tier VII AT Avenger.
Light TD Line:
- The Alecto now leads to the Archer.
- The Challenger has been split into two vehicles, the Challenger (now a tier VII medium) and the Avenger (you can unlock the Avenger via the Challenger).
Heavy TD Line:
- The Valentine now leads to the AT-2, the Archer (unchanged) and the Churchill I.
- The FV215b 183 can now be unlocked via the Conqueror.
Heavy Tank Line:
- The Churchill I has been split into two vehicles. The Churchill I (which represents the Churchill I, II, and IICS) and the Churchill IV (which represents the Churchill III, NA75, and IV).
- The Churchill IV leads to the Churchill VII.
- The Conqueror now leads to the FV215b 183, Chieftain, and the Conqueror GC.
- Removed the FV215b and replaced it with the Chieftain.
- Moved the Birch Gun to tier II.
- Moved the Loyd GC to tier III.
- Moved the Bishop to tier IV.
- Moved the Sexton to tier V.
- The FV3805 now leads to the Conqueror GC and the Abbot SPG.
- The Conqueror GC can now be unlocked via the Conqueror.
- Added the Abbot SPG to tier X (which would play as the FV301 of tier X).
- Added the Light Mk. VI Experimental (which is essentially a Light Mk. VI with an open topped turret and 2-Pdr gun).
- Added the Vickers Medium D (which is a cross between the Japanese Type 89 and the British Medium III), one of these tanks were sent to Ireland (in fact it was the most modern Irish tank until 1940) and could be sold in Irish camouflage.
- Added the Vickers M1938 another Vickers export tank (which would play similarly to the Tetrarch).
- Added the A14E1 (which is a cross between the Cruiser IV and the Cruiser II).
- Added the Vickers A1E1 Independent.
- Added the Medium Tank A7 (which is essentially a Medium III with a Cruiser style turret).
- Added the Harry Hopkins (a more armoured Tetrarch).
- The Matilda BP has been moved to tier IV, with its premium MM has been removed and stats rebalanced.
- Added the A20 Prototype (basically a cross between the Matilda and Churchill).
- Added the Tetrarch with the Little John adapter (would play very similar to a Luchs armed with the 5cm spamming gold, albeit with less DPM and less pen).
- Added the AC III Thunderbolt (I'm not sure how its 25-Pdr Gun/howitzer would be handled, on one hand it could be similar to the BT-7A or, seeing as the gun itself was extensively redesigned for tank work, could play as a regular tank gun).
- Added the Valiant.
- Added the Churchill IX (which is a cross between the Churchill III/IV and the Churchill VII, basically a reverse KV-220-2, with a higher tier turret and a tier V hull).
- Added the, potentially, upcoming Sentinel AC IE2/IV (which will play similarly to a Firefly mixed with a Sentinel).
- Added the Super Excelsior (which would play like a faster Churchill VII with a 17-Pdr gun).
- Added the A41 (Centurion Prototype, basically a stock Centurion a tier earlier).
- Added the M113 FSV (Australian M113 fitted with a Saladin armoured car turret and used as a light tank).
- Added the Contentious (it would play similar to the US Scorpion).
- Added the TV-150000 (a prototype FV101 Scorpion).
- Added the "Nuclear/Atomic Tank" which survived a nuclear testing, was serviced and then entered the Vietnam war. A Centurion 3, upgraded to a Centurion 5, a tank with a famed history. Could be sold with unique inscriptions and Australian camouflage.
- Added the Indian Vijayanta MBT (basically a Vickers MBT Mk. 1 with the AX Centurions L7A2 gun).
- Added the Super Conqueror (a Conqueror with spaced applique armour).
Other potential premium tanks I missed out on are, in no particular order:
- New Zealand Schofield
- Matilda I: I could only see this working as a tier III tank with only tier III MM, which will never happen. This vehicle will be worse than the Panzer II J in nearly every way.
- Cruiser A16E1
- Cavalier: It'd be somewhat similar to the Sentinel, it'd have Cromwell armour at tier IV - which is arguably worse. A 39 km/h top speed. The 6-Pdr Mk. III gun (for balance reasons) and poor gun handling stats
- AC II: a pipe dream project, open to WG interpretation, a lighter, faster variant of the Sentinel essentially. Could be armed with the 2-Pdr Mk. X or X-A, 6-Pdr Mk. III or Mk. V
- Churchill NA75: though I think this option should be placed in with the tech tree Churchill IV, as I suggested above
- Cruiser A23, Vauxhall Cruiser: designed as a scaled down Churchill tank
- Matilda II with Churchill turret: it shared the same turret ring size
- Heavy Valiant/Valiant II
- Churchill AVRE: I see this being very difficult to implement, with no AP rounds to speak of. Its HE damage and splash damage would have to be more than the KV-2. But things like shell velocity, reload and general gun handling would be atrocious. This would basically be direct-fire artillery.
- Churchill 165mm AVRE
- AC IV
- A44 Project: Comet with a 17-Pdr, elimination of the hull gunners position, and a sloped glacis plate
- Centurion 165mm AVRE
- South African Olifant/Semel: South African Centurion variant
I've suggested similar things before, however, I like to conduct my own armour research and refine my ideas.
Edited by Jarms, 26 April 2016 - 01:44 PM.