• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4512 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear Players.

An ever expanding company, is always like an ebb and flow of the tides in regards to workflow.

We add new games, more games, new platforms.. such as mobiles/tablets/360/One/Ps4/etc .. and comes with each a flood of new tickets..

We are currently making extra efforts with support tickets, to ensure a prompter more efficient level of support.

And on that topic , please note that you can assist with support ticket turn around times, by assisting us with the following.

As detailed fully in the quote below.

Friendly Fire, and Team Killing (and sanctions for doing so excessively) is handled FULLY by the automated system.

Reports directed to support, and also disputes on auto sanctions directed to support, are not processed or considered, by support or anywhere else.

Please allow us to continue to work on increasing our support levels, by helping to reduce this major draw of support processing power .. (handling mass tickets of a topic which support do not consider in any form).

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Regards
Tan

View PostTanitha, on 05 March 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Friendly Fire & Team Kill Auto System

The automated Friendly Fire and Team Kill system was first introduced into World of Tanks back in April 2011, since its introduction there has been many tweaks and adjustments so it's time for an update of how the system works.

Friendly Fire Tracking.
There are two systems for the tracking of Friendly Fire;
A Global Rating which tracks Friendly Fire from the account over a period of time, and a Local Rating which tracks Friendly Fire within a specific game.

What Counts as Friendly Fire?
All instances of Friendly Fire & Friendly Damage are tracked, except the following.

• Self destruction / Self damage
  • Damaging of a player whose local status equals “Team-killer” (They are "Blue" in game)
  • Damaging of a player within the Training Room.

Friendly Fire Weighting.
Every Friendly Fire shot is not equal.
The auto system takes a huge number of factors into consideration to determine whether a friendly fire shot was accidental or deliberate and each shot is weighted accordingly.
For example Friendly Fire in or within the cap zones are weighted very heavily, similarly are multiple instances of friendly fire.
Ratios are also taken into consideration comparing friendly damage to damage done to enemies, both locally (this game) and globally (recent gaming history)

Friendly Fire Sanctions.
Depending on the ratio's and thresholds mentioned above. when a player reaches a threshold they will turn "Blue" in game and can then be shot/killed by allies without that effecting the retaliatory FF/TK ratio's. Slightly above the threshold for turning blue, is the Ban threshold, which once reached will result in a game ban placed on the offender.
It is very common for a player to turn "Blue" and then also be banned, it is also very common for a player to reach one of the ban thresholds and be banned without ever turning blue.

Blue Status.
As described above, the "Blue" status is a small section between being a normal account and being banned for excessive friendly fire.
If you have reached this "Blue" status in game, please note that your account is bordering on game bans being placed.

Q: How long does the blue status last?

A: It will last as long as your ratio's are at that threshold.

Q: How do you revert back to normal?

A: Play the game as normal, and damage enemy tanks to reduce your ratios.

Game Ban Sanctions.
Once an account has reached the threshold sufficient for sanctions to be placed, escalating bans will be issued.

Depending on your Ratio's its possible to skip levels.

• 1 Hour Game Ban
  • 1 Day Game Ban
  • 3 Day Game Ban
  • 7 Day Game Ban
  • 30 Day Game Ban
  • Permanent Game Ban

Reporting Friendly Fire or Team Kills.
The auto Friendly Fire and TK system has been thoroughly tested and tweaked since its introduction in April 2011. It works and works well, taking into consideration a multitude of scenarios. As such, no reports of friendly fire are required, nor are they accepted. All tickets sent to support reporting team killers will be replied to stating this fact with the player sent to this post for more information.

Similarly all disputes on FF/TK sanctions will also not be accepted.
Reports on Friendly Fire and Team Killing are no longer required or handled manually. So reports made for team-killing in game, will no longer be processed or required.

Reporting Friendly Fire, or disputing sanctions for Friendly Fire within the forums are both against the forum rules.

Compensation and Penalties for Friendly Damage.
To avoid exploitation of the system, compensation for Friendly Fire you have received will be low, and in some instances may be nil.
To encourage players to take due care and abide by the rules, credit penalties for Friendly Fire are high.
The credit compensation you receive is not directly related to the penalty paid by the offender..

Public Tests.
Support is not available for the Public Test server. This includes reports of rule violations.
The auto system handles friendly fire on the Public Test server the same as it handles it on the retail servers (as described above) 

Common Q&A's

Q: But he shot me first, was annoying me, was afk, was too low a tier, etc.

A: Why you broke the friendly fire rules is irrelevant, do not shoot your team or you will very likely be sanctioned (unless the tank is blue)

Q: I got banned for team killing, but I only shot him once.

A: Its a "friendly fire and team killing" system, friendly fire is prohibited, so its not all about team killing. Full details described above.

Q: I got rammed by a tank and then got banned for team killing.

A: Please use situational awareness and pay attention to other tanks. The movement/speed of both tanks is taken into consideration.

Q: Where do I report someone who shot me.

A: You don't, the auto system will handle it.

Q: Where do I dispute my ban.

A: You don't, the auto system has already handled it, and no disputes are looked at.

Please keep this topic solely on the topic of the friendly fire auto system

And abide by the normal forum rules when replying.

We understand your frustration, but forum rule violations aren't permitted either.

For further topics of your interest please refer to the main thread

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Lee_Shawran #2 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

The marshal of missions

• 51204 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D
Can i ask one thing ? Three shot will made team killer/team damage turn to blue, but if he just shoot me twice and i'm dead, who will punish that team killer, auto system can't recognize it, can it ?

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

Tanitha #3 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4512 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLee_Shawran, on 10 May 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Can i ask one thing ? Three shot will made team killer/team damage turn to blue, but if he just shoot me twice and i'm dead, who will punish that team killer, auto system can't recognize it, can it ?

Hello, as detailed in the full detailed quote above. Its a complicated beast and no where near a simple .. You turn blue on the third shot.

There is multi systems, tracking short, mid and long term damage and hits.. and many ratio's. 

When the rate of friendly fire becomes excessive, sanctions are issued. The sanction issued is based on past behavior and past sanctions.

The simplest way .. is let the auto system handle the friendly fire. It does so well... and don't shoot your enemy team.

Regards
Tan

Lee_Shawran #4 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:47 PM

The marshal of missions

• 51204 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D

I still keep this screenshot, he shot me dead in purpose, just two shots, he was not locked instantly. That was unfair

[Content removed]

Naming and shaming.  Content removed, user already warned.

~Wasaabi

Tanitha #5 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4512 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLee_Shawran, on 10 May 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

I still keep this screenshot, he shot me dead in purpose, just two shots, he was not locked instantly. That was unfair

[Content removed]

You being shot twice by an ally in game, doesnt issue auto bans in the middle of a game no.

The auto system works as mentioned above . basing on the players short / mid / long term FF history, and many ratio's.
And when the FF is deemed excessive, sanctions are placed (not in the middle of games / at the end of games)

You've had almost 25k games, and been Tked once or more. Don't stress too much about it, the auto system handles it..

Have fun.

Regards
Tan

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

Lee_Shawran #6 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

The marshal of missions

• 51204 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D
I understand auto ban system protects players sometimes accidentally team kill or team damage, but I think maybe you should add more solutions just in case, like my case, to punish those players like that guy

Tanitha #7 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4512 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLee_Shawran, on 10 May 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

I understand auto ban system protects players sometimes accidentally team kill or team damage, but I think maybe you should add more solutions just in case, like my case, to punish those players like that guy

I understand your point.
But player's aren't sanctioned for 1-2 FF shots. if that's all they have done in the last xxx games and their ratio's etc are good.

If the player had a past history of FF, then it doesn't take much to go over the thresholds.

And as stated above, sanctions are placed after games, not during.

So you and I don't know if that player was sanctioned or not, at the moment, based on your screenshot.

But it was at least enough to turn the player blue, so other players can now kill that tank, without penalty.

Regards
Tan

Nigel_no_mates #8 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 55689 battles

how's the workflow for in-game rule violations going? pretty sure I'm up to 8 weeks for a ticket now.

"An ever expanding company, is always like an ebb and flow of the tides in regards to workflow." more ebb than flow in my experience

Zynth #9 Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 24712 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So as a decent player with good damage ratios, I can shoot team mates with almost absolute impunity?

Excellent......

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

JOC469 #10 Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 68483 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostLee_Shawran, on 10 May 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

maybe the player just a didn't like VAE players, and felt that a 7 day ban for rigging was not enough so went and issued some vigilante justice? A bit like all the T-22 TKing going on at the moment. The community will issue 'additional sanctions' and the automated system will either 'condone' or sanction the vigilantes actions.

the positive out of these actions is that to see a T-22 you need to be playing tier X games which means you will be outputting lots of damages (unless you are a T-22 driver) thereby increasing you ratios of good damage : bad damage and allowing you to farm more T-22 tears.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

_EzioAuditore_ #11 Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 59341 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
I got teamkilled by rigging [redacted country name] clan players in rampage, another reason why nobody plays rampage, because VAE/GNS/VPA and affiliated clans usually team damage you or teamkill you so they can complete their missions. Imo team damage in rampage should be an insta ban, because other than rigging, there is no point whatsoever in team damaging/teamkilling people in rampage. 

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Tanitha #12 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:09 AM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4512 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostNigel_no_mates, on 10 May 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

how's the workflow for in-game rule violations going? pretty sure I'm up to 8 weeks for a ticket now.

"An ever expanding company, is always like an ebb and flow of the tides in regards to workflow." more ebb than flow in my experience

Hello.

Tickets aren't handled as first come, first done. They are prioritized.

Chat based rule violations, which would likely result in chat based sanctions being applied to the offender, are probably around the lowest priority to handle. For example.

And in regards to your ebb / statement.

Yes, expansion causes the ebb's , more tickets than before, that can't all be handled in a reasonable period of time.

WOT PC Asia is currently pulling record figures in most area's. WOWS & Blitz are similarly successful.

And then there is many other topics like WOT 360/One/PS4, and Master of Orion Releasing .. Etc.

As stated above, we are currently working on overhauling support to try and improve the current turn around times.

Stopping the mass reports on things support don't handle (like FF) is a request to help with the improvements of support ticket handling.

Regards
Tan

_A_M_G_ #13 Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:40 AM

First lieutenant

• 17650 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Can I please request team damage to any T-22sr is exempt from any system.

Thank you.

Edited by AgingMasterGyppo, 11 May 2016 - 10:20 AM.

--- 3MoE: M4, T37, T21, T20, WZ-131, Type 62, M46 KR, Pershing, T26E4 Scrub. :-(

PBKAC - Proudly sponsored by WG since 2013

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #14 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:18 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

View PostAgingMasterGyppo, on 11 May 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Can I please request team damage to any T-22sr is except from any system.

Thank you.

And special Bonus's for their destruction?  :trollface:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Flying_Elite #15 Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:29 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 28019 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
Can we get a medal put into the game for tk'ing T-22's? it would be nice and shiney with blue lining 

Spoiler

Ezz #16 Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65400 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFlying_Elite, on 11 May 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Can we get a medal put into the game for tk'ing T-22's? it would be nice and shiney with blue lining 

Or even better, a T22K removes a battle buddy.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Alt__F4 #17 Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• 23111 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
On a serious front, can WG please look at removing stronghold games or platoons from the TK list please? There should be no bands etc for agreed friendly fire - surely?

Tanitha #18 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4512 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAgingMasterGyppo, on 11 May 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

Can I please request team damage to any T-22sr is exempt from any system.

Thank you.

View PostFlying_Elite, on 11 May 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

Lol

View PostAlt__F4, on 11 May 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

On a serious front, can WG please look at removing stronghold games or platoons from the TK list please? There should be no bands etc for agreed friendly fire - surely?

Originally FF wasn't counted for platoons.
However it was exploited.

Regards
Tan

Ezz #19 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65400 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Indeed, resetting your battle buddy is safer on a toon mate. Tends not to cause as many incidents. Maybe WG should include that as the benefit of a proper platoon rather than the silly xp bonus that penalise playing solo.

Not sure why stronk team damage is counted tho. It was about the only thing that made that mode worth playing.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_EzioAuditore_ #20 Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 59341 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Tanitha is it possible to have team damage not be counted in stronghold skirmishes? Atleast not be banned, as it is a relaxing mode to just try out new strats, and have fun while grinding resources and credits.. Random battles and even clan wars/stronghold battles obviously its a necessity, don't give/take credits for team damage and if crash etc in stronghold skirmishes, as it is a mode to try things out.

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users