Support - Friendly Fire / Team killing

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

ProvoBob #181 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 38155 battles
  • [1AR-M] 1AR-M

Sorry about the delay in replying, but I do have a life.

I do apologise to Puggsley, as I had him confused with another idiot having a whinge.

Here's the replay from my side and you will see the time it took for my shot to land.  I don't actually aim to shoot enemy tanks that have already died.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4748773

So now all the other trolls can keep this subject matter off-topic and carry on as they have been.

Puggsley #182 Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

Captain

• 65889 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

But bob you have not addressed this comment. 

"I indicated that enemy and my shot was in the air before you raced in trying to try to claim the kill and you paid for that stupidity by taking splash damage.  So don't come raving at me when it was your own fault."

Your shot was in the air before I got next to him. It had to have been in the air for 10 seconds right? Suggest your timeline and how it fits with me racing in before you shoot.

Why is your target indication not showing up in the chat like it always does?

Edited by Puggsley, 26 January 2019 - 08:04 AM.

Puggsley #183 Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:31 AM

Captain

• 65889 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Bob, whatever the hell you do, please do not ever decide to do your own legal defense. You are out of your mind if you think this puts the topic to bed.

It clearly shows you don't mark the target.

The replay supports the timeline I posted.

That replay clearly shows you shoot after the TD is dead.

You are a muppet. Words fail me. How in the hell do you think this helps you.

Understand that you have posted clear and incontrovertible evidence that you do deliberate team damage.

And shown yourself to be a total hypocrite.

Now everyone knows why you get team killed. Well maybe except for you, maybe you are that lacking in self awareness. 

In fact I'm submitting this replay with a ticket to WG to show that you flagrantly shoot at your own team.

Edited by Puggsley, 26 January 2019 - 08:40 AM.

Puggsley #184 Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

Captain

• 65889 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Bob shooting at live tanks...….

"Your Honour, I rest my case...…"

One interesting thing is why the hell is Bob worrying about a tank with zero hit points left when there are 2 lightly armoured enemy tanks sitting in the open for him to shoot.

Well I guess they are alive aren't they. And there are no allies next to them.

Edited by Puggsley, 26 January 2019 - 09:02 AM.

spacewolf #185 Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 71657 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

So it seems Bob's position is less unassailable than he thinks, how surprising.

Over to you Bob.

Proudly sponsored by WG

ProvoBob #186 Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 38155 battles
  • [1AR-M] 1AR-M
Puggsley, I see you don't, or can't, read.  I did say that, "I do apologise to Puggsley, as I had him confused with another idiot having a whinge."  Meaning ANOTHER idiot, not you.

View PostPuggsley, on 26 January 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Bob shooting at live tanks...….

"Your Honour, I rest my case...…"

One interesting thing is why the hell is Bob worrying about a tank with zero hit points left when there are 2 lightly armoured enemy tanks sitting in the open for him to shoot.

Well I guess they are alive aren't they. And there are no allies next to them.

At the time I was intent on doing SUPPORT, not stat-padding damage points.  Not to mention that they had only shortly come from behind that hill.  You know, if more arty players actually tried to support their team mates, you get a lot less whining, whinging idiots complaining about arty.  So if a bit of accidental team damage happens, it's not my intention.  But you idiots carry on whining and whinging anyway.

MagicalFlyingFox #187 Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31624 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

I would like to SUPPORT my team kill the dead tank that, even when he was still alive, was not going to be able to do any damage in the first place due to a lack of turret. 

:child:

However, It is not the role of a SUPPORT to stun 2 tanks around a corner which pose an immediate flanking risk to my team's mediums. That's not a SUPPORT thing to do. 

As an Arta Player, SUPPORT means giving my teammates encouragement for flanking TDs by gifting them a HE shell. 

SUPPORT

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 26 January 2019 - 11:46 AM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

mttspiii #188 Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30635 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostProvoBob, on 26 January 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

At the time I was intent on doing SUPPORT, not stat-padding damage points.  Not to mention that they had only shortly come from behind that hill.  You know, if more arty players actually tried to support their team mates, you get a lot less whining, whinging idiots complaining about arty.  So if a bit of accidental team damage happens, it's not my intention.  But you idiots carry on whining and whinging anyway.

Eh, you can't adjust your gun quickly enough to hit the Std platoon. Those things pop out too quick for arty to dial in; Puggs will take damage from the Std anyway.

But you still clicked your gun even though the target's already dead and surrounded by teammates? Slow hands?

Edited by mttspiii, 26 January 2019 - 12:01 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

MagicalFlyingFox #189 Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31624 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postmttspiii, on 26 January 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Eh, you can't adjust your gun quickly enough to hit the Std platoon.

But you still clicked your gun even though the target's already dead and surrounded by teammates? Slow hands?

No mttspii, its because he doesn't stat-pad damage farm.

Can't stat-pad damage farm when you don't do damage to the enemy. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Puggsley #190 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• 65889 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postmttspiii, on 26 January 2019 - 04:01 AM, said:

Eh, you can't adjust your gun quickly enough to hit the Std platoon. Those things pop out too quick for arty to dial in; Puggs will take damage from the Std anyway.

But moving your aim in and out with only a small amount of lateral movement means you have pretty much zero bloom. Its just aim along the line you are already on and shoot as soon as the crosshairs are on the target.

Ok Bob, I didn't read it that way. Thanks.

TheBudgiesmuggler #191 Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26898 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
The common sense factor or in most cases the lack there of is to know when to or not to shoot in SPG also understanding mechanics of the blast radius of what SPG you using is a big factor, the number of times I've suffered friendly fire from a moron with no clue who doesn't apologize eager SPG player that splashing/damaging your tank because you were there, instead holding off and waiting for an opportunity to assist, like last night in my M40/43 the Alpine tiger was in trouble with a Pershing so I waited till the Pershing reversed up the slope away from the Alpine and boom hit him the rear for 400 and tracking him and enabling the Alpine to get the upper hand, its not that  hard to "engage brain before firing".....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users