How You Can Help Make World of Tanks Better

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

southerner #21 Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Captain

• 16523 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

What particular aimbot are players talking of banning ? There are allowed aimbots  that WoT is okay with such as ones used in aslans and webiums modpacks. So which other aimbots do players have grief with ? I am asking this question for players  that use aimbots for tanks.

Now there is battle assistant that is used for arty, and thats an entirely different matter altogether.

So maybe players  need to differentiate between the two rather than just using the broad term aimbot. Just thought I would point that out.

thankyou.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

The_Salty_Brit_ #22 Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

To be honest, I thought it was a little incredulous that WG (or at least a community worker) would post such a thread. Since this has been openly discussed for such a long time, the problems that are apparent in this game.

MM: if the MM balances the team quite evenly, the game will be a good one and everybody feels happy (I don't mean skill based, I mean tank type and number based)

Arty: It's just stupid, if there are 3 of them and it's a pretty open map, your're in a slow heavy, boom-boom-boom- it's not worth playing , dosen't achieve the desired effect, due to the fast.mediums there is very little camping any more, they are almost over-run immediately.

Maps: Sometimes only minor changes can really improve a map, give it more life and less campy/boring. Consider adding / taking away smaller things, like hills and troughs, adding buildings or opening gaps for a short period, you don't have to rework the whole map, the same as in recent changes, try to remove as much dead or useless ground as possible.

Mods: Just improve the UI to a point where there is no need for outside mods. Make it more configurable. The 'other game' has a much better UI and since they don't allow mods, it's an equal system for everyone. Pentration markers, angle of impact, (which explains why the shell bounced etc) get rid of the 'critcal' hit crap, add in a symbol to show what damage was actually caused (I know there is a Perk but who uses it?). I understand that you don't want to become a copy of their game, but you should improve on your own.

Gameplay: It's great having fun modes, but I don't care for them, understand the idea though, the game is unbalanced due to player skill levels and the abilty to reach the higher tiers without having to understand how to play the game , which in most games isn't the case, the high end content REQUIRES a certain skill abilty, if you don't have that ability you simply don't get to play there, period. Other players don't want you there, most games have a set criteria, whether it's a level cap (the player has to have accomplished a set of achievemnets) or a gear-check, before you join join the high end battles. The better CW teams expect an certain win-rate or wn8 value, but random pubbies are full of tier 8+ idiots.

There should be a minimum set requiement, at least some form of barrier. It can be decided in which form it should be, I would suggest an overall  'orange' base. Anything below that stays at tier 6 or below.

Tanks: Power creep and too many high-end auto-loaders. I understand the need to keep tier X as the top tier, many games have failed because they slowly began to increase the end content level until it became non viable, from the starting point to the end point took too much time and effort, too few low end players , lack of content, the grind becomes too much of a chore.

It would seem that WG are trying to squash everything into tier 10 whereas there should be a possible tier 12. Any tank which can take away more than 50% of a players HP in one shot (including SPGs) or one-clip them after tracking etc, is just OP. It negates oppotunistic play or usage of lower level (stats and gameplay wise) same tier tanks. Premium rounds may help, but the balancing factors have been nerft (HESH for example) that most tanks don't need to worry about possible damage recieved in an encounter, they just bully their way through, the Japanese 'O' line for example.

Remedies: sort out the MM that has to be the top priority! Re-work maps, get rid of boring camp/spotter maps or open up new avenues for progression, nobody really wants to sit around for 5 minutes waiting for the other team to either make a mistake or the scouts to actually do their job. Re-think tank balance, if the player knows he will take maximum one hit before unloading his clip and destroying the opponent, it's not a risk, there should be a balance, same is true for a JPz E-100, nobody wants to risk taking a hit from it, it stiffles game play. Re-consider the 25% RNG rule

Upgrade the UI, get rid of unwanted mods!

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

Dfektiv #23 Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

Corporal

• 5283 battles
  • [NGR] NGR

View Postsoutherner, on 18 June 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

What particular aimbot are players talking of banning ? There are allowed aimbots  that WoT is okay with such as ones used in aslans and webiums modpacks. So which other aimbots do players have grief with ? I am asking this question for players  that use aimbots for tanks.

The aimbots that are allowed are the ones that don't give an empowering advantage, such as WOT's own "lock-on targeting", it aims at the centre of the tank and doesn't lead or adjust to critical spots such as ammo racks and engines.

The ones that are classed as illegal actually lead the moving target tanks and/or adjust to take out modules and/or crews based on most effective to do major damage.

aim-assisting mods are legal if they give advise but don't take over control of the actual aiming and/or firing, if they do then it's the computer doing the work and not the actual player and therefore illegal.

or at least that's the way I read it anyway.

ever been killed in 2 shots when you know your tank has better armour than that?  AIMBOT

southerner #24 Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• 16523 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostDfektiv, on 18 June 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

The aimbots that are allowed are the ones that don't give an empowering advantage, such as WOT's own "lock-on targeting", it aims at the centre of the tank and doesn't lead or adjust to critical spots such as ammo racks and engines.

The ones that are classed as illegal actually lead the moving target tanks and/or adjust to take out modules and/or crews based on most effective to do major damage.

aim-assisting mods are legal if they give advise but don't take over control of the actual aiming and/or firing, if they do then it's the computer doing the work and not the actual player and therefore illegal.

or at least that's the way I read it anyway.

ever been killed in 2 shots when you know your tank has better armour than that?  AIMBOT

Thanks for that

southerner #25 Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

Captain

• 16523 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
In reference to Sir_British, i like the idea of  going up to tier 12 for the super powerful tanks as you discussed, tier 10 is pretty crowded and absolutely murders the tier 8 and 9 tanks, thats where the unfair advantage of tier 10 lies.

Flying_Elite #26 Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 29603 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
control panel > programs and features > world of tanks > uninstall 

Spoiler

Eats067 #27 Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

Corporal

• 11478 battles

how about just get rid of all mods?

whats wrong with playing game like that???

QuirkSilver #28 Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

Private

• 3739 battles

Change the game from "pay to win" to skill and Pay when necessary to win... WN8 does not include type of ammo. Most Stats padders, and people playing this game as if it was life and death, spend a lot of money (which is ok) but a kid playing cromwell in a T6 match loading premium or ANY good player spamming gold ammo for higher ratings impacts his WN8 HIGHLY.

Uncover the fake tomatoes.

TERATANK #29 Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• 7460 battles
  • [HAKA] HAKA

When Serb says WoT will be 10 years old, i thought he's just trolling around.

My suggestion - Change to core gameplay:

No more invisible tanks.

No more VIP ammo.

Heavy Tank = Tanker (Class Skill: Restore HP - Like BB in World of Warships)

Medium Tank = Warrior (Class Skill: Increase DMG)

Light Tank = Assasin (Class Skill: Speed up/Smoke Grenade - Like Destroyer in World of Warships)

Tank Destroyer = Dmg dealer (Class Skill: Increase RoF/Accuracy/Reduce Aim time)

Self-Propelled Gun = Mage (Class Skill: Stun on hit!)

There you are, now WoT become a new game, so it can live 4 more years. Thank me later by sending me gold :v

Edited by TERATANK, 19 June 2016 - 12:24 AM.

:B Love-Hate game. Nice guys finish last.

bebox #30 Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• 90656 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

1. Make platoon slots to 2 only, not 3, if possible. Just to prevent seal-clubbing...

2.  MatchMaking should be observed equally.

3. Plat tier gaps should be block.

seal1 #31 Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Private

• 17369 battles
Can you please have us fight in our tier and not have tier 6 fighting tier 8 tanks and there are tanks fighting in tier 10 that are not available to the average player like my self and we get slaughter.

matt008 #32 Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

Private

• 3845 battles
  • [D_J_L] D_J_L
Why don't we add the ultra heavy tanks and then the modern and future tanks. Or make a world of tanks, warplanes and warships combined like [some other game not worth mentioning].

BorisTheBlade888 #33 Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:30 AM

First lieutenant

• 34953 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE

View PostDfektiv, on 18 June 2016 - 04:27 AM, said:

Whilst I see the value of allowing players to make mods, enhancements like the x16and x25 zoom and mini map enhancements wouldn't have come about otherwise, some files should be locked, such as the skins files so "hitspots" can't be implemented.

I'll admit I use "quickbaby's mod pack", some features I can't use, others are broken again after 9.15.0.1 (the extra filters in garage are one), the most handy one for me is the "down the line of fire" sniper view for arty when I can't work out why the whole shot arc is green except for that one 0.01 of a degree, (apparently you can shoot through a tree trunk, but not through where that one leaf joins the twig on that one branch... [edited]???) before everyone jumps down my throat about using this mod, I think I've only fired 3 shots with it... and missed... think that's called Karma. and I forget I have it most of the time.

Match Making is a lot to be desired, having my T4/5's being thrown in against 5x T7/8 heavies and sometimes T9's is getting boring, since I won't even bother to fire a single shot.

Damage balancing also needs to be fixed, my T4 medium can't damage a T5 medium, but kills a T9 medium in 3 shots.. I bet you're as confused as me.. as was that T9, he was laughing at the start of the match but not long after :teethhappy:

Suggested improvements (besides from the above)

Mini map overlay in high transparency for the entire screen for when in Arty sniper

Further zoom out on the camera in standard view so I can see about 4 tank lengths behind me when I'm facing forward

Locking down the files that enable illegal mods and bots is a must, or stop the server from sending the require information.

I am willing to forego all mods if it means fair play and slower releases of improvements to get rid of the ability to cheat. 

1) There is NO T4 Medium that can kill a T9 medium in 3 shots.... unless you ammorack the T9 medium / set him on fire or he is already deeply hurt. You're either lying or making a completely pointless comment.

2) I'm assuming this is due to your very low ammount of battles but under NO circumstances will a T4 medium meet a T9 medium in game. Unless you are forming a fail platoon, which is entirely your own fault - and again makes your comment utterly pointless.

RalphTheTheatreCat #34 Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

SealClub Number 10

• Beta-Tester
  • 11519 battles

View Postmatt008, on 19 June 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Why don't we add the ultra heavy tanks and then the modern and future tanks. Or make a world of tanks, warplanes and warships combined like [some other game not worth mentioning].

Not adding modern  tanks has been explained in a multitude of threads previously and planes were a dismal failure for WG.

i do think that bringing back the 12th MM tier would make tier 8 a more viable tier again.

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

conquisador21 #35 Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

Leek Master

• 16516 battles

1. Limit the modding API and make the modders use only the game API. This will somehow prevent/minimize @#$%^ modders to create unfair mods.
2. Why not use software like VAC, Punkbuster, etc... This will prevent injecting "codes" into the game.
OR OR...
3. Why not make a website that modders can register their mod(s) and get approved, of course the mod(s) will have some kind of authentication like unique IDs and MD5 hash where they get verified everytime the game starts.

4. Or just remove/absorb all the mods that "other" players can't live without.
5. With the new physics, why not add new consumable(s) like hydraulic jack or mechanical jack for side tipped tanks. I don't know what to use for fully tipped tank (Towing service maybe :trollface:).
6. A sub-grid on a coordinate. If you "double click" a part of a map ex. A1, a map of A1 will appear with its own grid. Ex. Attention to sector A1-A1. 

Edited by conquisador21, 19 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.

InvaderNat #36 Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

Corporal

• 19182 battles
  • [ADA] ADA
  1. No more than 1 or 2 SPG per match, because anymore than that and the game is horrible if you are a slow vehicle (and it turns into a camp-fest)
  2. Greater map variation, it's annoying to keep receiving the same 4-5 maps.
  3. Remove XVM - it creates an elitist attitude among many players whom think they're better than others because of their ranking. It also causes higher-ranking players to get focus-targeted by the enemy.
  4. More tropical maps, there used to be some but you keep removing them. We have enough Europe/Russian maps now.
  5. Give under-powered guns better penetration e.g. Chi-Ri, DW2, T-43, VK 30.02(D)
  6. Reduce broken SPG alpha - no SPG should be able to one-shot something within a one-tier spread (except maybe LT's)
  7. Reduce the firing-arch on most SPG, thus giving HT's more 'arty-safe' spaces to occupy (the French SPG's are probably the only exceptions here).
  8. Reduce high-tier TD spotting range, because currently it only takes one or two TD's to pin down an entire flank.
  9. Reduce high-tier HT spotting range, because too many HT's just camp and snipe. Especially ones with strong turrets combined with high gun-depression (e.g. T29, T-34), which makes them nearly impossible to kill.
  10. Increase high-tier LT spotting range, so they become more relevant compared to MT's.
  11. Reduce grinding time at high tiers - grinding 200K+ XP for tier 9-10 is REALLY annoying and turns the game into a chore.
  12. Reduce the cost of high-tier premium vehicles - I know you'll hate this suggestion, but honestly I would buy more if I didn't feel bad for spending +$50 on a pixel tank.

Edited by InvaderNat, 19 June 2016 - 12:37 PM.

Eliamanator #37 Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Private

• 22018 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

Can you expand each map by a row at the top and at the bottom and one column on each side.

We still only play on the same map size but each time a map appears it can be different by one row and column.

This will creates four new maps from each current map, opens up different lines of attack and may make some normal camping/attacking positions dangerous.

Should be easier on development time as well than to build new maps.

I have always wondered what it would be like to drive into some of the interesting areas at the edge of the maps and this could be the way as well as expand map variability.

Minh_Phan_MP #38 Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Corporal

• 5805 battles
  • [VOZ] VOZ
Pls don't make that stupid accuracy in sandbox appears in wot :amazed:

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #39 Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 34547 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

I stopped playing WoT a year ago. 

-Macbeth mod (the mod we cannot name, for shame WG) completely destroyed the fun factor

-Macbeth clans (the clans from a certain country we cannot name, for shame WG) who are using the macbeth mod stole all the gold from CW, then ruined strongholds, and any tier 10 battles. Then also stole all the campaign tanks and then sold their accounts for money. Great way to earn a living huh?, playing WoT. This leads to my next gripe:

-The nature of the game is to reward the player who can spend the most TIME on the game, this lead to botting, and crazy heavily time consuming missions for reward tanks, or campaigns where a player HAD to turn up EVERY day for months, funnily enough, at the same time many patrons were at work. But not those who were selling accounts....

- The economics became so UNFUN, I really didn't enjoy grinding for weeks on end just to scrape together a few credits WITH my premium account and premium tier 8 tanks, just to see my premium teir 8's get smashed by Macbeth players in tier 10 matchups. Or even worse, be IN my tier 8 premium tank whose gun was so pathetic, it HAS to shoot gold ammo, completely defeating the purpose of grinding for credits. And they just kept nerfing those earnings in the great panic of 2013 when we all were duped to transfer to SEA, and people were complaining of all the Macbeths who had a load of tier 10 tanks already, so WG nerfed credit earnings in an attempt to slow down "noobs grinding" their accounts up so fast. But it was already too late.

-The ridiculous RNG and MM. Yes the old story of 2,500 attempts to get 2 fires in one battle, only aiming at engines/ rears of tanks. I stopped counting but finally got it soon after. As for MM there are no words that can vent enough steam.

-And we return to those Macbeth players who magically finished ALL personal missions within weeks of them only being introduced....then WG admitting they had cheated and were going to punish them. 

-Arty, choke point maps. Arty creates a stagnant game in vehicles designed for mobility on the battlefield. Choke point maps with conveniently placed arty cover so we can all bunch up like a bad wedgey on a fat kid and play peekaboo with the unfortunates getting popped by arties or having a teammate block your reversing to safety, because "BUNCH HARDER, there is only SO MUCH arty safe cover here!".

-Spending many years and much money on a game which acknowledges very little of it's patrons, but listening intently to the cries and tears of the free to players, in the hope that they will be the next patrons. Because, we already have the other guys money. 

I lost a waffle iron, got given a Grille, can't afford to play it. Cost me a fortune in time and money to grind the waffle, which was the original product offered.

It's like buying a new car, driving it for several weeks, your paying it off, it hurts every payday, but hey you got a new car, then the car dealer wants his car back, but here you can have this Lada. Oh, and you still gotta pay it off at the original agreed sale price. When you get the Lada it drives like a Ferrari, but over the course of the next 12 months, when you service the Lada, we will nerf it, more and more, until it drives like a proper Lada.

ReRyR #40 Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Private

• 5581 battles
  • [MN] MN

1. I think you need to fix the french arty (especially the F3 AM) because after some update were applied to this game, the f3 am even with full cyrcle + perks + full crew the top gun is soo inacurate for some reason

2. i think you should change the gun reticle style for somehow

Sorry for my bad english...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users