• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

Colwyn_Corsair #41 Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• 26136 battles

View PostMickHo, on 17 June 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

Ive got a good one !

Ban all mods and take them in house.

Write your software which will block any mods ( black screen) to any personal computer.

This will stop the cheating, which has destroyed  the Asian Server with there Aim Bot Cheats.

you know i agree with this 100% let a persons worth be determined by the clan there in, auto aim bot that most ppl use really makes players with low ping a HUGE adv, they can auto aim under cover, poke out and shoot without aiming in a fraction of a sec..xvm makes us rage too,,, id be happy, i never used mods till last year i was honestly happier.

Colwyn_Corsair #42 Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

Sergeant

• 26136 battles

View PostDfektiv, on 18 June 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

The aimbots that are allowed are the ones that don't give an empowering advantage, such as WOT's own "lock-on targeting", it aims at the centre of the tank and doesn't lead or adjust to critical spots such as ammo racks and engines.

The ones that are classed as illegal actually lead the moving target tanks and/or adjust to take out modules and/or crews based on most effective to do major damage.

aim-assisting mods are legal if they give advise but don't take over control of the actual aiming and/or firing, if they do then it's the computer doing the work and not the actual player and therefore illegal.

or at least that's the way I read it anyway.

ever been killed in 2 shots when you know your tank has better armour than that?  AIMBOT

get rid of auto aim completely comon slow the game down a tad let ppl use there own skill, as for scouts well you killed them in 7.5 with the gun dispersion buff (laser guns now) make accuracy far worse at far, medium far ranges so scouts can scout even when they cant auto aim

Colwyn_Corsair #43 Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

Sergeant

• 26136 battles

Oh and credit earning too please i don't have premium i didn't shoot gold that game and every 6 months you quietly nerf credit earnings.. I make a loss on that game cmon, that was broke 19,140 credits. 3k damage game.

Im finding credits earning are broke atm i get more xp that credits sometimes after a great game top xp, but used some consumables...

Victory!
Battle: Cliff 
Vehicles: SU-100
Experience received: 3,282 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits earned: 19,140
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "I Class"

Repairs:    -2 850  
Ammunition:    -17 725  
Total:    -1 435      WN8: 8 731 (100) 

tuohueigoh #44 Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

Private

• 5888 battles
  • [MAHO] MAHO

i wish japan tank got SPG

Landkreuzer_P1000_Ratte #45 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:15 AM

Sergeant

• 58985 battles
  • [_VL_] _VL_

:DView PostNaharArkwing, on 18 June 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

-bring back VN server and send them back so they can do their illegal stuffs without affecting everyone.

dont cry about it :teethhappy: and what the hell is "illegal stuffs" ? Get straight to the point please and why dont you say that to anyone else but VN huh

the only reason i want from WG is stop selling gold ammo (or atleast reduce pen APCR and HEAT or limit gold ammo for each tank) so armor can do its job without auto aim and auto pen

IceSalamander #46 Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

Corporal

• 16744 battles
  • [THINK] THINK

My main suggestions:

1. Significantly reduce the impact arty has on the game. This is a huge negative - being one shot destroyed or being punished for pushing a flank is just utterly frustrating. Change arty to support role as outlined in proposed Sandbox changes.

2. Change MM to two tier spread max and even have the odd single tier games. Currently being bottom tier and having to compete against tanks two tiers higher is beyond challenging - it's another huge negative to the game.

3. Ban mods - make the playing field level.

RalphTheTheatreCat #47 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:06 AM

SealClub Number 10

• Beta-Tester
  • 11519 battles
You say that banning mods levels the playing field, but neglect to mention that everyone has access to mods so it is already a level playing field.

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Profanisaurus #48 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

...also note that many of the best players of this game play without mods already.  The fact people aren't good at this game has very little to do with mods it has more to do with a lack of natural ability and a rampant paranoia that this could only be due to other people using mods.

Other points:

Reducing MM: ...and what do they do with all the thousands of prem tanks they have sold with preferential MM? Refund millions of dollars? Make them all auto top tier and then what happens to the ones that are auto top tier, make them see only the tier below?

Skill based MM: ...and as for people calling for Skill based MM have you never read any of the hundreds of threads previously where people have pointed out why it won't work?

Edited by Profanisaurus, 20 June 2016 - 07:21 AM.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Ezz #49 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRalphTheTheatreCat, on 20 June 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

You say that banning mods levels the playing field, but neglect to mention that everyone has access to mods so it is already a level playing field.

But not a moral one...

The elephant in the room some advocating a 'ban all mods' don't seem to get that firstly most of the worst stuff is already banned, and that secondly it would take very little to get the mods to operate without a res_mods folder.

What the game needs isn't bans, it's a means of policing them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ezz #50 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:50 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 20 June 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Skill based MM: ...and as for people calling for Skill based MM have you never read any of the hundreds of threads previously where people have pointed out why it won't work?

Or tried AW where it all but killed PvP before being removed?

(whelp, no merge on this forum... dagnabbit)

Edited by Ezz, 20 June 2016 - 07:50 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #51 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Yeah that's such a nifty bit of forum engineering on the other forums.

TheLoungeAquatic #52 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

Corporal

• 18473 battles

What the game does well:

That winning 'WOT' formula! - WOT has that perfect blend of action, strategy, racing and team work using real and hypothetical tanks from history. Hopefully this combination of elements will not change much across the different game modes in future because it is what keeps me playing. There is a real sense of satisfaction when you help you win a battle. There is also heartbreak when you lose a closely matched battle. All part of the game and I like it. 

The tanks! - All the tanks are different and have been designed to have strengths and weaknesses. The recent update has made tanks sound awesome. When the kids are out, I turn up my speakers to hear the BOOM! 

Contests : Yes i am one of the lucky contest winners so I am a little biased ; ) but WG really do give back to the community. Sometimes contests are the only thing to get excited about the game. (At least for us pubbies who play random battles)

Evolution of tanks and grinding : The most fun I have ever had was grinding for the T57. I didn't get it but the evolution special helped me get the T49 which has been really fun. While the T49 is a great treasure, I realised that I had more fun grinding, then the actual reward.

Some ideas:

Platoon BattlesComing from a very small clan, we don't have enough players to join clan wars. The only game mode we can platoon with is in random battles. Is it possible to have platoon battles? Create a series of smaller maps (or fractions of existing maps) and have 3 vs 3 in same tier. Yes the games will be quick, and less total hitpoint pool means less money to be earned, but it will help encourage team play and fun. It may encourage newer players to join clans and platoon more which fits in with your new take on platoons .

Frankentanks vs Players? : The Matilda Black Prince was an example of a remote controlled tank. What if a rogue ww2 scientist had a secret weapon involving remote controlled Frankentanks ? Players have to unite, take out the bot tanks to earn tokens which can be traded for credits or go towards equipment or consumables. It's possible to create special events where enough tokens go towards something worthwhile. The point of this game mode is participation and teamwork - you want the Frankentanks to be extremely difficult to destroy, requiring good platoon coordination and effort from the whole team, to help destroy one. The credits/rewards go to the whole team, rather then the lucky person who landed the killing blow. Destroying more difficult Frankentanks may give out tokens to help unlock rare vehicles - just thinking out loud.

Running the Gauntlet  - geared towards faster tanks, players navigate through a hostile (computer controlled) battlefield where chances are surviving are slim. Credits, rewards, tokens are given according to distance travelled. Extra credits/medals to players who can take out hostile gun positions.

Role Models and Campaign Missions - In this article about sandbox, the tanks classes have been rearranged. Though these archetypes are not final at this stage, is it possible to have those 7 archetypes reflect new campaign missions? I ask this because since completing StugIV missions, I am finding the LT15 mission very difficult at higher tiers - competing with 4 other friendly LT's among 4 MT's who have as good, if not better spotting ability, has been making this mission a bit of a chore for the last 4 months  ; )

I was going to write something about elitism and mods in the game but I am just going to comment on how I play - I play better when I worry less about win rate. Yes I have XVM and I try and help my team as much as I can but sometimes I think the game is best played with the chat off and just focusing on using your own tank as best as you can, rather than obsess about your win rate all the time. I get way too stressed out when I check my win rate constantly and compare myself to other players. That's what I think anyway.

Cheers!

RalphTheTheatreCat #53 Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:19 AM

SealClub Number 10

• Beta-Tester
  • 11519 battles

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

But not a moral one...

The elephant in the room some advocating a 'ban all mods' don't seem to get that firstly most of the worst stuff is already banned, and that secondly it would take very little to get the mods to operate without a res_mods folder.

What the game needs isn't bans, it's a means of policing them.

I guess I talked about it in my first post.  Mods and "mods"  As you said.  The mods aren't the issue, but the setting a line in the sand with a clear and concise list of what you cant can't use then policing it properly

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

PAK__Rattus #54 Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:57 AM

Private

• 32520 battles

First I agree with Col_DribblyBottom 

His comments hold a lot of truth

WG is using MM to manage the game and players with the object of profit in mind - nothing else any claims to the contrary are false or misguided, WG has no business managing the personal performance of players, but WG allows and condones cheating by turning a blind eye to the use or :illegal mods" by pet players, Mods should be absolutely banned from the game and if players want such they should request that WG add such in game and not allow crap imported to the res mods folder

So WG has 30 maps woopeeee ---- most players don't see them this is another WG joke

WG is serious about one thing MAKING MONEY so suck it up people we have a long wait for honest and genuine change esp to MM

WG should listen to the vast membership it has; not the selected few pets it consults re change and panders too

Cheers

Holeinthehead #55 Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 56087 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Ok I will ask . This is fourth or fifth time you've run a post like this WG . You have also stated you do not listen or take on board such suggestions from the forums . All previous such threads were deleted and nothing ever came of them .

So what makes this different from your previous posts ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Profanisaurus #56 Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostPAK__Rattus, on 20 June 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

WG is using MM to manage the game and players with the object of profit in mind - nothing else any claims to the contrary are false or misguided, WG has no business managing the personal performance of players, but WG allows and condones cheating by turning a blind eye to the use or :illegal mods" by pet players, Mods should be absolutely banned from the game and if players want such they should request that WG add such in game and not allow crap imported to the res mods folder

So WG has 30 maps woopeeee ---- most players don't see them this is another WG joke

WG is serious about one thing MAKING MONEY so suck it up people we have a long wait for honest and genuine change esp to MM

WG should listen to the vast membership it has; not the selected few pets it consults re change and panders too

Cheers

Oh. Dear. God.

Ezz #57 Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPAK__Rattus, on 20 June 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Cheers

Have you considered joining the sandbox?

Pinnacul #58 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

First lieutenant

• 14422 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

STOP THE CHEATS!!

That is all.

Flying_Elite #59 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 30575 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostPAK__Rattus, on 20 June 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Cheers

I think I still have a tinfoil hat lying around somewhere, would you like me to get you it?

Spoiler

YouOnlyLickOnce #60 Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Corporal

• 32075 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

I suggest we add a restrictions of purchasing premium tanks. Like what if restrict players from buying a prem tank of a certain tier if they have not even researched a vehicle of the same tier ( like you can only purchase tier 8 prems if you have researched a tier 8 tank)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users