A Scrub's Scrubby Thoughts and Scrubby Review on His Scrubby T-34-3 (with memes).

scrub t-34-3 review

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Proloser #1 Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Contents:

• Intro
  • Overview
  • Gun
  • Turret
  • Hull Armour & Mobility
  • Playstyle
  • Equipment & Consumables
  • Crew Skills
  • What you will feel like when you miss the side of an ONi
  • Conclusion
  • Replays

Intro:

Hi guys! A while ago I picked up my T-34-3, and was wanting to do a small write up on it, but decided to wait until I had a few more battles under my belt before I poasted.

So here I am poasting. :D

Anyways, this time I decided to try to keep the poast short and concise so let me know what you think.

Most people will probably want to know my own stats in this tank before they take any thing I say here as 'good' information. At the time of writing, I have a 59% win rate and 3061 WN8 after 152 battles. I may not be the best T-34-3 driver, but at least I know what I'm doing in it to some extent. 

Overview:

The T-34-3 is a tier 8 premium medium tank with a heavy tank gun. Because of this, the playstyle is quite different from the popular 'traditional' mediums with smaller guns, such as the T-44, Pershing, and Panther II. 

But the T-34-3 doesn't care.

Instead of knocking people off with high DPM like on the before mentioned tanks, in the T-34-3, you blast people away by dropping 390 bombs on them at a much lower rate. 390 alpha on a tier 8 medium might sound stupidly OP,  but it is balanced with a long reload of about 13 seconds (if you have a bad crew and are not running any equipment or consumables). Because of this, it takes a lot more foresight and awareness to survive and not take hits for those long 13 seconds while you are reloading.

However, if you can master the art of dodging shells while you reload, this tank becomes a truly awesome beast on the battlefield! 

In terms of mobility, the T-34-3 is actually pretty good. It's fast enough to be considered a medium tank, and will painlessly move around the map during battle, and doesn't have trouble flanking heavies. To give you an idea, it's mobility is about between a T-44 and T-54 mod. 1.

The T-34-3 has 1300 HP, which means that you can take a fair amount of beating. It has enough HP to make hard carries possible, and is quite forgiving when you get hit by not letting all your modules break at once.

One super positive about this tank is that it has premium match making (something that not a lot of premium tanks have nowadays). This means that you don't get the normal +2 match-making (such as getting into tier 10 games), but instead only +1 (meaning that you only ever get tier 9 games at worst). On top of this, it seems to get pretty amazing matchmaking, appearing in top tier games quite often. 

It also makes great credits. I get on average 35k a game without a premium account, and it's not rare for me to make over 50k in one game. If you're running a premium account, you will be rolling in money! 

Gun:

You will probably love and hate the T-34-3's gun at the same time. One moment it can be absolutely amazing, the next moment it will miss the side of a barn at point blank. The stats are as follow:

Caliber: 122mm

Rate of Fire: 4.48 rounds a minute

Average Penetration: 175/250/61 (AP/HEAT/HE)

Average Damage: 390/390/530

Dispersion at 100m: 0.46

Aiming Time: 3.4 seconds

So as you can probably see, this is no medium tank gun. With 3.4 seconds of aiming and .46 accuracy, this thing is dodgy at anything but close distance fighting (and even then it's dodgy). Penetration is absolutely fine for a medium tank with preferential match making, as 175mm is enough to go through the sides of any tier 9 tank, and more than enough to go through the sides, and even fronts, of tier 8 heavies. Obviously against tier 8 mediums, there's absolutely no need for gold rounds.

However, if you find yourself in a fix against some tier 9's with good armour, you do have 250mm penetration on your HEAT rounds. Keep in mind that these are both good and bad, as while they do have nice penetration, they are not effective when shooting spaced armour. When you want to shoot an IS-3 side, for example, if you try to load HEAT it will derp you often as the IS-3 has spaced armour on the sides. Thankfully the 175mm of pen is enough to go through in pretty much any scenario for tier 8 tanks. You will struggle a bit with things like the T-10, though.

You have a good ammo count of 40 shells, and thanks to your long reload you will never run out of ammo.

One final thing to mention is that it is worth carrying some HE rounds for arty and badly armoured TD's such as the RHM or Waffle, and of course badly armoured light tanks. You can roll for as high as 663 damage with a single HE round (if it pens, of course), and the size of the shells are big enough to be useful for emergency cap resets since they will do splash damage to most tier 8's and 9's, provided you don't shoot them in their most heavily armoured places. 

I personally run 24 AP, 14 HEAT, and 2 HE.

Oh, and don't bother sniping with this tank. You won't have much success thanks to it's 0.46 accuracy.

Turret:

The T-34-3's turret is actually pretty great. It will reliably bounce shots from other tier 8 mediums, and even most heavies (provided they don't spam gold).

Armour: 190/120/60 mm

View Range: 380 meters

Although it is only 190mm, it is rounded so the effective armour is much greater, and causes it to be pretty damn bouncy. With that said, don't put all your trust in it when you're in a tier 9 game as things will pen it, but when you're top tier, it's pretty much invincible on the front. One thing to note is that you have cupolas on the turret that can and will be hit, if you're not careful. However, if you constantly wiggle your turret and move back and forth, chances are people will miss. 

With a recent patch the T-34-3 got a gun depression buff to -5 degrees, so now you can do fairly well in hilly terrain. If you play a lot of Russian tanks (like myself), you won't have a problem at all. 

View range is decent, but nothing to boast about at 380 meters. With a good crew you could extend this, and putting some consumables on would help too. However, the T-34-3 is best not played as a dedicated scout.

Hull Armour & Mobility:

(Couldn't find a suitable meme, so this has nothing to do with armour but I thought it was funny anyway lol)

The hull is pretty good on the T-34-3. It has enough armour to sidescrape (if you're careful), and has pretty good mobility. 

Armour: 90/50/50 mm

Engine Power: 520HP

Specific Power: 14.38

Top Speed/Reverse Speed: 50/20 kph

Traverse Speed: 49 degrees/s

As you can see the tank has a top speed of 50kph, and it will reach it with no problems. It is a bit sluggish going up hills, but overall it has good mobility for a medium. 49 deg/s traverse speed is not bad at all, and allows you to easily keep up with light tanks that might be trying to circle you. All up you have enough mobility to move efficiently around the map and be an effective player for your team. 

The hull armour is not amazing, but as mentioned above, it can sidescrape if you want it to. It is actually pretty effective against other tier 8 mediums, and even heavy tanks if you are really careful.

Playstyle:

(rip, couldn't find a meme :()

The T-34-3 is not a DPM machine. This means you shouldn't be trying to track people with it, since they will probably repair before you have finished reloading. The idea in this tank is to make every shot count, as you cannot just shoot at the slightest thing that catches your attention. You must prioritise and take out the most dangerous targets to you and the team first. You can get away with quick snapshots and snipes that aren't that important in tanks with fast reloads, but with the T-34-3, avoid doing this. 

Your job is to get up front and use your turret armour to bait shots and then drop 390 bombs into the enemy's faces. Don't sit back, snipe and let the team do the work for you in this tank. Now, with that in mind, don't just yolo something and expect to out-DPM it. Remember that bad reload? Yeah, that one. It'll make sure you suffer if you're not careful with what you choose to fight. 

The general strategy for this tank is that you want to try to trade shots in it. Do not just go full ham and try to out-DPM someone, you will regret it. Get to a spot on the map where you can hid behind something (be it a hill, a house, a rock, even another dead tank or your live team-mates) while you reload, then poke out, drop a 390 bomb, pull back and reload- rinse and repeat. If you use this as your main fighting technique, most other tier 8 mediums will struggle to kill you before you can kill them. 

Thanks to the gun depression buff, this is now easier than ever, since you have more options for things to hid behind (such as hills) and it's easier to just show your turret to the enemy instead of exposing your whole hull. 

Equipment & Consumables:

You want to have pretty much the standard equipment loadout for this tank. That is:

- Vents

- Vertical Stabilizers

- Gun Rammer

For your consumables, if you're wanting to make money, you will run:

- Small Repair Kit

- Small Med Kit

- Manual Fire Extinguisher

However, if you want to grind for marks or just be in general more effective, you can swap out the fire extinguisher for food. I can't remember being set on fire in the 152 battles I've played so far, so the tank is pretty good in that aspect. 

Crew Skills:

Skills are a bit subjective, but I would definitely recommend going for sixth sense as soon as possible. Repairs are also very important on a medium tank, and fires aren't too bad in this so firefighting skills are not the ultimate priority. Due to the bad reload on the T-34-3, I would also suggest getting Brothers In Arms (BIA) as soon as you can to reduce the reload as much as possible. I've decided to go for it as my second perk, but feel free to do what you see fit.

I am still training my T-34-3 crew, but my current selection is:

- Commander: Sixth Sense, BIA

- Gunner: Repairs, BIA

- Driver: Camo, BIA

^--------------- Don't do this!

- Loader: Repairs, BIA

Thinking back, it would have been better to put something like Smooth ride or Off-road Driving on the driver.. but I'm a scrub so of course I have to derp out somewhere :hiding:.

What you will feel like when you miss the side of an ONi:

As Ezz wisely suggested in the comments, I should have added a section that will help show the feelings that you get when you miss barns/Oni's at point blank. Below are some videos that quite accurately show this.

Conclusion:

Welp. That's the end of that. You might be thinking now, do I actually like this tank, and do I recommend it? The answer is: yes, and yes!

It's a very fun tank to play, it's good enough to be tons of fun in top tier matches, and still is very capable in tier 9 games. The premium match making is a great bonus, and makes the tank a great 'rest spot' for if you still want to play relatively high tiers, but don't want to get pulled into tier 10 games in a tier 8 medium. 

Throw in the great credit earning potential and you got yourself a really solid, fun, and exciting tank to play.

Keep in mind it does require a good deal more intelligence to do well in than your standard Russian medium, but that's what makes it fun. It's a challenge to play, but when you get it right, it really rewards you.

Anyway, hope you guys found that useful. Let me know what you think, and please, if you see any mistakes I've made (in typos, wrong advice, or anything else), please point them out!

Replays: 

None here yet, I'll upload some when I get a chance! 

Edited by Proloser, 29 July 2016 - 11:50 AM.

kek

Cs_Jinsmile_e100neverdie #2 Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:28 PM

Corporal

• 50429 battles
when got shot from the side, 80% ammo rack... and 22s reload ///:child:

Proloser #3 Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:50 PM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
RIP :p

kek

_EzioAuditore_ #4 Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

Major

• 52680 battles
Nice meme guide.

T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

spacewolf #5 Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:39 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 64437 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Good guide, I rate a perfect 5/7.

Nah j/ks, well written bud, nice work as usual. Have my +1's :)

_Sammich_ #6 Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:29 AM

Major

• 27206 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Good review.   So umm...what does the tank actually look like?

(For those of us too lazy to google...)
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Ezz #7 Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:41 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 57057 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Sammich_, on 29 July 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Good review. So umm...what does the tank actually look like?

Like a wz120.

Prolo, was waiting on section on 'Emotions - TFW you miss an ONi at 50m' or 'Spiritual Enlightment - RNGesus and how he entered your life'.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #8 Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 64437 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostEzz, on 29 July 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Like a wz120.

Prolo, was waiting on section on 'Emotions - TFW you miss an ONi at 50m' or 'Spiritual Enlightment - RNGesus and how he entered your life'.

Hrmm, good pick up. Pro, please update guide accordingly kthnxbai.

struth #9 Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39439 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Um nice, did you mention in there that it earns bulk bull**** amount of creds whenever you have a good game.

Proloser #10 Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 29 July 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Nice meme guide.

Ty :D

View Postspacewolf, on 29 July 2016 - 04:39 AM, said:

Good guide, I rate a perfect 5/7.

Nah j/ks, well written bud, nice work as usual. Have my +1's :)

thx lol :D

View Post_Sammich_, on 29 July 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

Good review. So umm...what does the tank actually look like?

(For those of us too lazy to google...)

Good point, will add a pic.

View PostEzz, on 29 July 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

Like a wz120.

View Postspacewolf, on 29 July 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

Hrmm, good pick up. Pro, please update guide accordingly kthnxbai.

lol will have to come up with something :P

View Poststruth, on 29 July 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Um nice, did you mention in there that it earns bulk bull**** amount of creds whenever you have a good game.

Yep! See below :)

Scrub Review, said:

It also makes great credits. I get on average 35k a game without a premium account, and it's not rare for me to make over 50k in one game. If you're running a premium account, you will be rolling in money! 

kek

_Sammich_ #11 Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

Major

• 27206 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Another question - What's the rage quit vs. battles played ratio like?
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

struth #12 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:07 PM

Captain

• 39439 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Rare to rage quit this tonk, although bouncing shots off enemies can be very frustrating sometimes

Proloser #13 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:18 PM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Yup struth is right. It's quite rare, because when you do actually hit something, it's so satisfying it stops all feelings of rage till the next miss or bounce.

kek

Ezz #14 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 57057 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Poststruth, on 29 July 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

Rare to rage quit this tonk, although bouncing shots off enemies can be very frustrating sometimes

Had a random pubby rage at me because i wasn't shooting what he had lit. Little did he know this wasn't a case of lacking intent, but more that good ol' 300m being too far to hit most things let alone pen them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Proloser #15 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
lol yeah sniping isn't something this tonk is good at. Doesn't have stalin guiding the shells like certain other 122mm guns do.

Edited by Proloser, 29 July 2016 - 12:19 PM.

kek

struth #16 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

Captain

• 39439 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Drive it up to close the action and smack enemies in the nose, but always have somewhere to hide while it reloads.

I resisted getting it until it got a depression buff -5 now, not great and it really slows you down. But better than it was I hear.

Proloser #17 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Well if you drive a lot of russian mediums it doesn't really affect you. I'm really used to the -5 on my 62A so moving to the T-34-3 was not hard!

kek

struth #18 Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

Captain

• 39439 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Yeh I like my Brits so having 5 less degrees of dep took some adjusting to. Got used to it though. Just can't use this tonk in places where other tanks with good dep can go.

Proloser #19 Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

Major

• 22198 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Yeah same with the US tanks, they're really flexible on hilly terrain compared to russians and T-34-3

Edited by Proloser, 29 July 2016 - 11:27 PM.

kek

AlbertPlaysWoT #20 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

Corporal

• 8152 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ

View PostProloser, on 29 July 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Well if you drive a lot of russian mediums it doesn't really affect you. I'm really used to the -5 on my 62A so moving to the T-34-3 was not hard!

But 62A has great dispersion. this? xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users