MagicalFlyingFox #41 Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30834 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
updated for patch

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Quasinerdo #42 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16763 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I think the game evolution has followed that of most "MMO" style games.

Each successive release must be OP to attract people to spend money - be it free xp, gold or whatever. Eventually it either gets nerfed into line when complaints rise or income is tapering off, or is perceived to be more balanced thrugh the presence of yet more OP content. Also there is the issue of "paper" stats vs actual ingame performance.

MBT's ..... I mean MT's are a good example with the current performance many have at T8-10. We have had creep in mobility and firepower but not armour.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Ezz #43 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65400 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostQuasinerdo, on 16 February 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

I think the game evolution has followed that of most "MMO" style games.

Each successive release must be OP to attract people to spend money - be it free xp, gold or whatever. Eventually it either gets nerfed into line when complaints rise or income is tapering off, or is perceived to be more balanced thrugh the presence of yet more OP content. Also there is the issue of "paper" stats vs actual ingame performance.

MBT's ..... I mean MT's are a good example with the current performance many have at T8-10. We have had creep in mobility and firepower but not armour.

To be honest most of the 8s and 9s meds have been around for a while and i don't think really power crept. The skooooda however stood out on release and to be honest i'm not completely sure why it was never nerfed.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Splattimus #44 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24514 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

The biggest problem is map size.

Heavy armour is negated by gold rounds, because the only thing mediums have is mobility, and speed to flank, except the maps are too small, and there is nowhere to flank to, or from. So instead, you press 2 and about 5 mediums worth of shells make a mockery out of the Slow Heavy Armoured tank.

When all you have is lanes, and a vast killing field in the middle of most maps, you end up either favoring Armour, or gun handling. When you concentrate a tanks worth down to one field, its inevitable that some tanks are going to win big, while others are going to lose out. The only real changes to this scheme is ability to abuse vision mechanics, and profile of ground inside the "lane".

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

The_Salty_Brit_ #45 Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:06 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles

Unfortunately I don't have all the in-game tanks (or types) to be able to make a really accurate point, however I do feel that the increase of 'auto-loaders' has changed the game dramatically.

It's become to easy for some half good player to simply out dpm you, or for the better players to use Auto loaders to great adavantage, the maps are obviously too small ans accuracy has become a major problem.

When a Jpz-E-100 can accurately hit a weak-spot from over 400m or auto-loaders can clip you out from 350m plus.. the game becomes slightly silly.

I'm only just entering into the world of META tanks, and as yet don't have an auto-loader, but it would seem that if you want to have better stats, it's the only place to go.. oh and yeah, don't even think about the Grille 15.. Aim time x damage is just stupid.. you can't even peek-a-boo to spot any more..

If you consider all this, it is perhaps more obvious why the new map meta is to sit back and huddle in a corner, there is no advance to contact, because as soon as you are spotted, its just pinata time !

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

D357R0Y3R #46 Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• 7474 battles
Stronk balance comrade

My YouTube Channel - Here

My website - Here

My Wotlabs page - Here

Meverick #47 Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

First lieutenant

• 50812 battles

@OP Most of the tanks' characteristics you mentioned are true. WG tweaks tanks to make players invest on newer tanks so the game keeps rolling, it is sad from one point and can be positively criticised from another point. 

The think which is most disturbing disturbing is introduction of OP premium tanks. I liked this game because it was not pay to win unlike many other mmo out there. But as it seems WG is moving along the similar path. Earlier, premium tanks were capable yet a little inferior to their researchable counterparts which was justified. But now, as you mentioned many newer premium tanks are not even better than regular tanks in the tree but also best tanks on its tier in certain aspects. This greatly harms a player's motivation and satisfaction to unlock a certain tank in the tech tree as you can just but out a better tank. 

MagicalFlyingFox #48 Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30834 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
updated for patch. WG trying to outdo themselves, had to massively break some things after balancing most of the german tree very well in this patch. 
Well deserved and needed buffs/changes all undone by a few tanks.

Ezz #49 Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65400 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
At least 2012 featured less P2W.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #50 Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30834 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Yea i made prem tanks gold in the list just to highlight how many of those are premium... That's a lot of gold...

Quasinerdo #51 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16763 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

did you post a link to a list of tanks? I can't see anything....

Have to say I agree with the sentiment that some good changes were made to refurbish underplayed tanks but some of the changes (even for consistency such as the WT auf PZIV pen buff) were just unnecessary and actually counter to the buffs granted elsewhere.

I'm also greatly annoyed that the premium tanks are no longer the tank you choose to enter in at the bottom of a tier with some credit bonus and crew training advantages. Now you buy them to replace the concept of actually grinding a line and the superior dynamics along with bonus credit earning make them perfect for just perma spamming gold rounds. Rampant desire for monetisation meets gaol love for clients.... way to go WG.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Ezz #52 Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65400 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostQuasinerdo, on 05 March 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

did you post a link to a list of tanks? I can't see anything....

He's been updating the OP as he goes.

Quasinerdo #53 Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16763 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Having played since the patch I feel like I can't find a sense of what's working in games and what's not.

Some thoughts I have (thanks for the list by the way it was pretty informative... could have added the invulnerable RU HT and 704 from early game period :P)

1. Type 4/5 and Maus haven't broken the game despite the fear mongering of some. They are so damned slow that map selection is key. A tracking shot into the front sprocket also ammo racks the Type 4. No idea if that is a bug but it is bloody annoying. Outcomes tend to be all or nothing affairs and the wrong team makeup on either side sees you pretty well boned. The new T8 Maus seems awful and I have seen very few of the tier 9 Mauschen so have no real view on that. E100 gun buff was a nice change and it feels capable again.

E5 seems stuck in a middle ground with pub games now. Decent armour but moderate speed. Did changes occur to the inner drive wheel area? I find I get penned a lot there more so than the command hatch.

which brings me to.. where I think the HT changes have made most difference.

2. MM is still crap - but now with the super heavies more in play again along with the ongoing play of popular MT's the HP disparity between teams is now substantial at times. It's another factor that compounds the impact of certain vehicle types being useful on certain maps and MM stacking teams ridiculously. I see this as an unintended consequence of the patch.

3. Mid tier is still ok (if you don't pull too many Tier 8 games). Tier 8 feels semi broken due to the massive gold spam of great premium tanks. High tier feels more unpredictable and less forgiving than before. So much front loaded damage and the previously mentioned issues of spotting ranges / map size. [As an issue of probity I must declare  I purchased an Object 252u :playing:​]

I'm sitting on some unlocked tanks and cash for now.... I want to see which way things balance out before buying more tanks that end up gathering dust in my garage (*Cough* 183 *Cough*).

I'd like to get the IS7 as I really enjoyed the IS3 but it hasn't really been in evidence with many of the changes so I'm not sure how it's sitting as a pub game tank now. (any advice?) :)

MagicalFlyingFox #54 Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30834 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Type4/5 problems was never the armour. It's the stupid derp gun.

Maus is blatantly OP now. Needs one or two of its buffs dialed back. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users