The new GM is like a hospice

GM

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SkimsAU #1 Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• 47607 battles
  • [CHE] CHE

I couldn’t understand how new Global Map (GM) looks to me and finally I realised it. The new GM is like a hospice. Where people come to die, usually they don’t have other future, they will never find new job, new life, they wait to the end. Of course nobody will teach them new skills, spend time/money, anyway they will die soon.

Just two facts:

1. Each season GM becomes worse and worse. I didn’t see any improvement what has made by WG ASIA, all innovations come to us from main WG office, but it was developed for other servers and you can’t just copy-paste it, we have really low population and WG has to think about our particular qualities.

2. I don’t remember when Tanitha said what WG Asia doesn’t have CW manager, but I’m sure it was more than six months ago. But what can we see now? They are still looking for a CW Manager. I can understand it can be very difficult to find right professional (it doesn’t I agree with that), but why we don’t see any other activities? I agree usually people don’t know what they really want but if we don’t have somebody who can improve GM.  Why WG can’t just ask users – their customers? This channel in skype can’t do it, because most messages here are spam.

I don’t know exactly but everything looks like nobody wants to improve GM and when we ask WHY? What answer can hear? Clans are not enough active, but maybe they are not active because it’s time to change something?

If WG would ask people about new GM I see two ways:

1. Just do some elections and after based on results make decision, but in this case we should be able to ask who will make these decisions.

2. Make a special group of people which can make decisions and could make new GM for us.

Last point, if you don’t want to ask us, just hire this f****** guy who will manage Global Map.

Another situation if GM is really like a hospice for us, in that case no other reasons to wait for something.

Tanitha #2 Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:01 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4468 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSkimsAU, on 17 September 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

I couldn’t understand how new Global Map (GM) looks to me and finally I realised it. The new GM is like a hospice. Where people come to die, usually they don’t have other future, they will never find new job, new life, they wait to the end. Of course nobody will teach them new skills, spend time/money, anyway they will die soon.

Just two facts:

1. Each season GM becomes worse and worse.

Your opinion, which doesn't need commenting on. Lets try to stick to data / facts please.

I didn’t see any improvement what has made by WG ASIA, all innovations come to us from main WG office, but it was developed for other servers and you can’t just copy-paste it, we have really low population and WG has to think about our particular qualities.

Kind of correct,

There's not been much innovations from WG Asia in regards to CW for a while. But i still do a lot of things though .. like I decided to pay those who finished top 1000/400 on end of 4th and 5th, and handled that.. which was nothing to do with WG Minsk.

And its not really designed for other servers and copy pasted to Asia. However recently its rolled out with little input from Asia due to our lack of CW staffing.

WG Minsk has been very accommodating, and been handling a lot of the customization for WG Asia / our region.

So technically no, no copy pasting, but instead CW customized for our region, by WG Minsk.

2. I don’t remember when Tanitha said what WG Asia doesn’t have CW manager, but I’m sure it was more than six months ago.

Technically WG Asia has never had a "CW manager" and its a position ive been multi tasking for 6+ years.

I was Head of community managing a wide variety of player topics + Clanwars,  on NA office when NA opened.

Then transferred to WG Asia with the same position when WG Asia opened.  Head of community managing a wide variety of player topics + Clanwars

When WG moved to multi games. I moved to Producer for WOT PC for WG Asia, and continued to keep Clanwars manager

The main point recently , is I used to have an assistant who has moved up to be Producer for Console, so now I am spread too thin.

I'm hiring another assistant in about a month so that should free things up.. and allow more time to be spent on clanwars by myself and the new staff coming in.

Long term Clanwars Manager needs to move to be under "Competitive Gaming" and the Competitive Gaming Manager.

But what can we see now? They are still looking for a CW Manager. I can understand it can be very difficult to find right professional (it doesn’t I agree with that),

Its not really like that. Its more..

We need someone..
>In this office. 
>in this department

>That speaks these languages
> To do xxx yyyy zzzz and clanwars..
Then addvertise for it, and hire it.
Which has been done many times, but after xxx months of not being filled, it drops off.
Then needs reorging again / starting again

but why we don’t see any other activities? I agree usually people don’t know what they really want but if we don’t have somebody who can improve GM.  Why WG can’t just ask users – their customers? This channel in skype can’t do it, because most messages here are spam.

There's 150 players/clan leaders in there. So the channel scrolls. I read it all though..
And we are currently overhauling the channel, a new channel will be put up soon.

I don’t know exactly but everything looks like nobody wants to improve GM and when we ask WHY? What answer can hear? Clans are not enough active, but maybe they are not active because it’s time to change something?

If WG would ask people about new GM I see two ways:

1. Just do some elections and after based on results make decision, but in this case we should be able to ask who will make these decisions.

We already have a COAF group, which runs very well.

2. Make a special group of people which can make decisions and could make new GM for us.

Possible, and likely to happen when the hiring above is done. IE next month

Last point, if you don’t want to ask us, just hire this f****** guy who will manage Global Map.

Its not a full time position, the staff is needed for multi things.
And in a particular office / particular language/ etc.. as discussed above.

Another situation if GM is really like a hospice for us, in that case no other reasons to wait for something.

In short, new staff (management level) for WOT PC are being hired shortly, they should start in ~a month.

This will increase our/my bandwidth dramatically.

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

DerRegenbogen #3 Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 33855 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Global map basically gives no gold. There is basically one province you can hit at each timezone. For me (tier 8) i have to hit 4pm: Abbey, 5pm: Airfield, 6pm: Fishermans bay. Very wide selection :P I 100% agree that the map has been getting worse each time since GM2.0 came out. People do less and less CW the smaller the map gets and when less people do CW, the map is made smaller and the gold is decreased. 

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Obj. 277, T-100

Tanitha #4 Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:40 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4468 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 17 September 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

I 100% agree that the map has been getting worse each time since GM2.0 came out. 

Also allow for the fact that the schedule is..

Normal CW / seasons.

Minor event.

Normal CW / seasons.

Campaign / major event

<Repeat>

We have now finished the minor event, and started the next season..

And leading up to the next campaign / major event.

Regards
Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

SkimsAU #5 Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• 47607 battles
  • [CHE] CHE
About events, it's not awesome but compare with seasons last event was really good, we had enough maps in each timezone, different maps, very close to old global map

DerRegenbogen #6 Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• 33855 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostSkimsAU, on 17 September 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

About events, it's not awesome but compare with seasons last event was really good, we had enough maps in each timezone, different maps, very close to old global map

last event was very good. agree.
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Obj. 277, T-100

Tachikoma_EXP #7 Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:29 AM

Sergeant

• 103675 battles
  • [YUKI_] YUKI_

What is this?
Has not a CP ended yet?
Such bug should be restored immediately.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/W9oT6wQ.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/W9oT6wQ.png</a>

MCP #8 Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

Master Control Program

• 18692 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 17 September 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

I 100% agree that the map has been getting worse each time since GM2.0 came out. People do less and less CW the smaller the map gets and when less people do CW, the map is made smaller and the gold is decreased. 

Amen brother, its beyond a joke now

IND_Rayudu_ #9 Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• 39286 battles
  • [INA] INA
i want the old map back :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users