• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rheinmetall__ #1 Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46921 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Hey all,

Just curious why team battles has become unpopular as a game mode? It used to be popular. Is it because of the shift of tournament tiers? I know ranked is disabled atm. But it still is good practice to play.

Keep Calm and Carry.       Trust is hard to earn, easy to lose and never to be taken for granted.

II MOE : Sherman III, O-I Exp, PZ 3/4, M6, ARL 44, T-150, Cromwell, Chi Ri, Tiger (H), IS-3, T26E4

[Rank 1 for Nov in M4A3E2 with 1.5k dpg and 83% w/r]

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A36_Sherman_Jumbo/#wot

Napalmer #2 Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36171 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

The only reason people did team battles was for the Ranked Battles rewards. The 'practice' isn't really that exciting because there's no real incentive other than trying out strats (for which you may as well use Ranked anyway).

Because Ranked is disabled, the mode's interest has died out. The Tournaments (especially the tier 7/10 ones) give a similar feel, and the achievable rewards give high appeal. 

Would be nice to have Ranked battles back up again, those credit missions are enticing. :P

Edited by Napalmer, 22 September 2016 - 10:56 AM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

Rheinmetall__ #3 Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 46921 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostNapalmer, on 22 September 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

The only reason people did team battles was for the Ranked Battles rewards. The 'practice' isn't really that exciting because there's no real incentive other than trying out strats (for which you may as well use Ranked anyway).

Because Ranked is disabled, the mode's interest has died out. The Tournaments (especially the tier 7/10 ones) give a similar feel, and the achievable rewards give high appeal. 

Would be nice to have Ranked battles back up again, those credit missions are enticing. :P

​Agreed mate. I guess the only draw of unranked is to get those "team battles"  ribbons and awards. I guess it would be too much to ask for WG to do t8 tourneys since there is SH and Cw. 

Keep Calm and Carry.       Trust is hard to earn, easy to lose and never to be taken for granted.

II MOE : Sherman III, O-I Exp, PZ 3/4, M6, ARL 44, T-150, Cromwell, Chi Ri, Tiger (H), IS-3, T26E4

[Rank 1 for Nov in M4A3E2 with 1.5k dpg and 83% w/r]

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A36_Sherman_Jumbo/#wot

xRainbowAssassinx #4 Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:26 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27734 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostNapalmer, on 22 September 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

I have to disagree with the some of that. Team battles are still a fun game mode and i would happily play them. I do agree though that ranked is better for the rewards. But if there is no ranked i still see team battles as a very fun game mode.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

piglin000 #5 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

Private

• 33406 battles

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 22 September 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

I have to disagree with the some of that. Team battles are still a fun game mode and i would happily play them. I do agree though that ranked is better for the rewards. But if there is no ranked i still see team battles as a very fun game mode.

wow im surprise to find u here RB lel

Chewmatca #6 Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

Sergeant

• 11415 battles
RIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users