Fair Play Policy

• Please log in to reply
853 replies to this topic

Ezz #841 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65520 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Poststruth, on 09 November 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

On that note I loaded up Aslains and notice there is a mod that indicates on the mini map which way enemy vehicles turrets or guns are pointed, it is not a line as such but a little V from the enemy marker on the map that corresponds with which way they are aiming, not which way they are driving.

Can anyone confirm, is this mod illegal?

And not to point at aslain specifically, but i suspect that's the issue with implicit trust of any of the mod packs. These days they are less 'packs', more tools to help you choose from a range of mods. What i meant before is how do we confirm that the specific mods are legal? Trusting the mod pack maker alone seems dangerous, especially when some (incl. aslain i believe) have had illegal mods available in their packs in the past.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

struth #842 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:49 PM

Crikey

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 45465 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Well all we can do is trust WG who makes Aslains available through their mod portal after vetting his mod pack as a whole.

That is where the risk comes in, if WG ban you for something in a mod pack they recommended (because someone didn't quite vet it completely) ignorance is still no excuse and no discussions will be entered into.

There goes your good name in the community and if it's a second offense, your account.

I do not take WOT all that seriously at all these days, so it's a risk I am prepared to take.

As to the mod I mentioned, it does not take any great thought to extrapolate where the enemy gun is aimed, seems to me should be illegal.

Edited by struth, 09 November 2018 - 12:54 PM.

Dieselnuts #843 Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• 12109 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS
Would be great if they could just incorporate the best ones, and just disable mods. I mean, the mods already exist, should just be a case of copy/paste, right?

struth #844 Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

Crikey

• 45465 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

That would take the risk out for sure.

crud #845 Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:17 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 28891 battles
  • Software that makes it easier to block an enemy’s shell by indicating the exact spot at which they are aiming (for example, with a laser beam).

the little arrow is the same thing imo, you see it all the time people ducking for cover when you aim there way kinda sad really.

I personally doubt they scrutinize the mod packs tbh takes time and cost lets face it when you send in a ticket nothing but automation comes back.

mods just need  to go 

Sir_Direkin #846 Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:49 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11012 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View Poststruth, on 09 November 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

On that note I loaded up Aslains and notice there is a mod that indicates on the mini map which way enemy vehicles turrets or guns are pointed, it is not a line as such but a little V from the enemy marker on the map that corresponds with which way they are aiming, not which way they are driving.

Can anyone confirm, is this mod illegal?

Oh that. I used to use that when I first switched to Aslain's mod pack many moons ago. Sir British saw one of my recordings and pointed out that it's probably not legal. Looking at the Fair Play Policy I was inclined to agree, and so I removed it. Apparently it is vetted, but I'd still consider it to be highly dubious. If in doubt, leave it out.

On another note, I have to wonder about those people who can remove stun within nanoseconds after getting hit by arty. Likewise I've seen people repair tracks so fast that they don't even lose momentum. Sounds like an automated script.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Ezz #847 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:11 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65520 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Who said it had been vetted? Wg? And if so where? There doesn't seem to be much interaction with wg in here any more. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Sir_Direkin #848 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11012 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostEzz, on 13 November 2018 - 04:11 AM, said:

Who said it had been vetted? Wg? And if so where? There doesn't seem to be much interaction with wg in here any more. 

Aslain. He mentioned it in his forum that he's in constant contact with staff at WG to ensure his modpack remains completely legal.

Regarding the turret direction mod, there's this:

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69622-fair-play-policy-faqs/

Block Quote

•  Legal:
    • Enemy gun indicators on the minimap: shows direction where enemies within the draw distance are pointing their guns (on the minimap)

Afaik that's still current. It does provide a gameplay advantage though.

Also if I recall there was another rather dubious mod which showed dead tank locations on the minimap. I'm pretty sure an earlier FPP stated showing dead tanks on the minimap was not allowed, but it's not in the current FPP.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

stewiejp #849 Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:04 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 41975 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Yep, turret direction on the mini map is legal. Before the FPP bought consistency between the servers it was against the rules here (on Asia - unsure of other servers but I think it was OK on RU), but now it is OK everywhere. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

s70blackhawk #850 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 22473 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View Poststewiejp, on 13 November 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Yep, turret direction on the mini map is legal. Before the FPP bought consistency between the servers it was against the rules here (on Asia - unsure of other servers but I think it was OK on RU), but now it is OK everywhere. 

Consistency is the key. Sigh.
endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

TheBudgiesmuggler #851 Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:16 PM

Sergeant

• 24789 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
It begs the question...so how long was Wargaming actually aware about it before they decided to actually do something about???

Ezz #852 Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65520 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 18 November 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

It begs the question...so how long was Wargaming actually aware about it before they decided to actually do something about???

I'd estimate we started nagging them on the forums at least a year before they started anything official.

MagicalFlyingFox #853 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:26 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30912 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 18 November 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I'd estimate we started nagging them on the forums at least a year before they started anything official.

It took them a while to make a single list for all servers though.

They had individual lists for each server then finally decided on a global policy with actual policing because before then it was all lip service,

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

struth #854 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:26 PM

Crikey

• 45465 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 13 November 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

Extensions that pass the check will feature on the mod hub, where tankers can discover and download other players' creations without worrying about policy violations.

What’s this check?

• Stage #1: We make sure modifications don’t contain bugs, have no critical impact on performance, aren't forbidden, and work correctly. Having ticked all the boxes, a mod becomes available for download.
  • Stage #2: Upon achieving a certain number of downloads, a mod undergoes more thorough stability and performance testing. If any issues arise, it’s sent back to its creator for improvement. Modifications that successfully pass the test will be marked by a green check to show they are verified.

Check it out to find a mod or modpack to your liking or share your mods with the community!

^^ From the first page of the official WOT Mod Portal.

Mind you I cannot find this "Green Tick" anywhere.

Edited by struth, 18 November 2018 - 04:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users