Fair Play Policy

• Please log in to reply
820 replies to this topic

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #21 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Captain

• 25445 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

• Auto-aim mods or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the "aim lock" in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the target automatically so that a cheater can focus entirely on manoeuvring their tank

will this include auto aim plus (the one that still requires you to rightr click) which helps for players with bad ping when trying to  auto aim a target. (it locks onto the target if it is close to the reticle BUT still only targets centre mass...)

Pubbie: "a three marked tiger 2, what the?"

Me: "meh, im  just grinding this tank. theres marks on the gun barrel? "

Spoiler

Ezz #22 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:56 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There's still a bit of conjecture over autoaim+. Given the advantage is not in the aiming but in the acquisition prior to that. Perhaps one of the high ups could confirm. And by higher ups it clearly would require someone at the global level, capable of making the call definitively and communicating it in each of the OP made on the topic. The grey areas are already becoming speculative.

Edited by Ezz, 09 November 2016 - 04:29 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

AgentInfinity #23 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:11 AM

Corporal

• 22429 battles

"Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules"

What? Like what mods come in that set?

Also, any news on the legal status of the direction indicator mod? The one with the purple and green arrows I mean.

meh who gives a shit about stats

Aww did you looose sleeeep?

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #24 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:29 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

This is great News and should be applauded, However, why would you choose to hide the infringement from the player and or the community?

Please note that they are under no obligation to provide the player with evidence or explain which mod type the player was found to be using, and will not do so even if requested.

In a first instance Warning, a Player could be using multiple MODS and without being specified "WHICH" is the offending MOD could be led through the system all the way to "PERMA" without a clue as to what is the offending MOD.

I would have thought that making the process visible to all would demonstrate to the community that "ACTION" is "ACTUALLY" taking place instead of the Secret never seen or "Speculated" actions taking place.

For Example the current in game complaint system seems to be nothing more than a "Placiebo Button" that seeming results in nothing happening.

Like I said this is a Great step forward, but the "Never Mention the MOD's Name" stance, is still a sticking point.  IMO 

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Ezz #25 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:35 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The 'you're cheating but we won't tell you how' is rather farcical. I can see  some very negative outcomes from this,  especially while grey areas remain.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

BetterThanjEbUs #26 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:39 AM

Sergeant

• 18478 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostEzz, on 08 November 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

The 'you're cheating but we won't tell you how' is rather farcical. I can see  some very negative outcomes from this,  especially while grey areas remain.

Yeah I'd have to agree there; obviously they know what you did, so just say what it is so the player knows to remove that mod!  I think it'd also be good if they vetted certain modpacks - with a disclaimer that everything changes - so you'd know 100% for certain (not that I have real doubts) that QuickyBaby's is kosher or whatever.

I also think the in-game armour mods should definately be banned!  I had no idea they even existed, but I guess that helps explain how some people seem to know every weakspot is!  Must turn the game into a bizarre-o version of tanks with big point & click here signs anytime you come up against an enemy!

I think the moves to incorporate all the decent fair mods into the game itself over the last year have been great, and pretty much the only thing left i'd like to see would be XVM style statistics in vanilla then I could stop using QB's modpack altogether.

Ezz #27 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:58 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Mod suggestion -  create a 'mod checker' or 'am I legal?'  that lists your mods and references a table that classifies them as green ok,  red illegal,  or yellow unclassified. WG could admin the table to help the community.  Should help give clarity especially to those that just download the various mod packs but are unsure of the content.

stewiejp #28 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 39829 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

To be clear - some mods which were previously legal are now not. For example the reload timer modification which has constantly been debated, but up until this morning WG have assured us that it is legal so long as it does not take into account crew skills (eg BIA), Equipment (Rammer) and Food. As of this morning it is ILLEGAL - which I think is great, even though I have used that particular mod up until last night - it was OP. Just hope I don't get penalised for some old replays on my youtube channel, as of this morning I have 5 ready to publish, as well as 4 recorded sitting on my hard drive... all showing the reload mod...

There seems to be some confusion regarding the Auto Aim + modification - some clarification would be handy. Aslains has removed it along with the reload mod, not sure if he knows AA+ is now banned or if he is just trying to be proactive: 

9.16 #36 (08-11-2016):
- removed following mods due to the new Fair Play Policy from WG: 
- reload indicator in Damage Log Gambiter, and XVM's damage log
- OTM Reloads redone by Bosomi and OTM Reloads by ZJ
- AutoAim Indication+ 
- Master Ambush [until WG clarifies the status of this mod]

#GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

SmokeStain #29 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:19 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 37914 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Block Quote

Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables

How can this be determined? I mean i have pretty much fast fingers  with average 110-120WPM,  I can repair tracks (with Large repair KIT) almost instantaneously.

Edited by Trumz, 09 November 2016 - 06:23 AM.

JmzBlond #30 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

Private

• 11565 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
What is the static of Hitlogs with unspotted tanks. Couldn't see anything mentioned are they illegal still?

LupisVolk #31 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:23 AM

First lieutenant

• 11656 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

yeah this is rather annoying. Since anyone new who's using tons of mods may not know which one is the culprit.

Wise words one said in general chat:  "MM doesnt suck. MM works as intended. Players dont."

stewiejp #32 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:24 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 39829 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostJmzBlond, on 09 November 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

What is the static of Hitlogs with unspotted tanks. Couldn't see anything mentioned are they illegal still?

That is now part of the game (the game tells you who shot you even if they are not spotted) with update 9.16

#GetOnBoard Studios - Where the Magic Happens: www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp     https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

Ezz #33 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:24 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTrumz, on 09 November 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

How can this be determined?

Same question for most of the others. Underlying this unified approach is the fact that without reliable detection methods it's kinda a non starter for fixing the issue.

Bash_sh #34 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:34 AM

First lieutenant

• 26931 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

so WG finally taking a stance, well TFL really.

to little to late

how about fixing the rigging, botting

give the hackers maybe 2 weeks max to get around this

banning "Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables" loosing money there WG ?, you've lost more money during the gold selling scandal, which essentially you did nothing about !

Sad to say, WG Asia, good idea, pity it is too late, i hope it is a step in the right direction to revive the game in this region, just wonder what the "new merger" will bring.

WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

mttspiii #35 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:46 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28613 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostElphaba, on 08 November 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

• Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or that show enemy vehicles’ reload timers

This only applies to modifications that show the actual (adjusted to crew skills and equipment) enemy reload time, instead of a 'base' reload time? (XVM hitlog or damagelog has a reload timer to whoever hit you)

Also, in-battle armour viewer would mean the clownskins right?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #36 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:47 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

On the MOD front why not have the MODDERS submit their MODs to WG for "Legalisation", then WG/WOT publishes or releases the Links on the Forum or from a section on the Website.

That way anything off the Forum or Website is Verified as good to go and anything NOT is under the Cloud of Question with possible Warnings or Perma's

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Flying_Elite #37 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:49 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 26355 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostBash_sh, on 09 November 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

how about fixing the rigging, botting Both issues get handled when they happen and the players responsible get the same punishments as everyone else.

banning "Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables" loosing money there WG ?, you've lost more money during the gold selling scandal, which essentially you did nothing about! I'm sure I remember those that had evidence against them were punished.

Sad to say, WG Asia, good idea, pity it is too late. Just before a campaign is a bad idea?
 i hope it is a step in the right direction to revive the game in this region, just wonder what the "new merger" will bring. According to whats been said multiple times, the server is still growing in all communities.

Spoiler

Ezz #38 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:50 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 09 November 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

This only applies to modifications that show the actual (adjusted to crew skills and equipment) enemy reload time, instead of a 'base' reload time? 

The general view is that any reload timer is now illegal. But again WG announce the idea of an 'official list' yet don't actually list mods, just concepts which of course have their own grey areas.

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #39 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:04 AM

Captain

• 25445 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

The general view is that any reload timer is now illegal. But again WG announce the idea of an 'official list' yet don't actually list mods, just concepts which of course have their own grey areas.

agreed, perhaps the moderators shouldshod post the actual list aswell?

Pubbie: "a three marked tiger 2, what the?"

Me: "meh, im  just grinding this tank. theres marks on the gun barrel? "

Spoiler

Ezz #40 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:08 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostElphaba, on 08 November 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

• We’ve outlined a clear list of prohibited mods that we will share with you here and now.

Umm... error 404 - clear list not found. Or was this nowtm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users