• 81294 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Rip best 3rd party mod award

pantsu-vor~

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Auhsoj100 #282 Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

Corporal

• 4129 battles

Some clarification was posted by MeatheadMilitia (WGNA) on the subreddit, thought it might be prudent to post here in case it's missed.

Q&A

Further follow-up questions involve incorporating elements of the original AutoAim+, and the arguments for/against allowing zoom-out mods.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/5d4hi0/unfair_play_questions_answers/

Edited by Auhsoj100, 16 November 2016 - 08:54 AM.

Days until Australian server: NaN

FadingNeptune #283 Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

Always blame Hema!

• 32492 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0

View PostWombat756, on 16 November 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

meanwhile, any official word on the legality of the battle assistant? (question not directed at you Ezz, just saves me writing another post :) )

View PostAuhsoj100, on 16 November 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

Some clarification was posted by MeatheadMilitia (WGNA) on the subreddit, thought it might be prudent to post here in case it's missed.

Q&A

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/5d4hi0/unfair_play_questions_answers/

It seems that NA answered the question, however  I'd still rather get confirmation from an Asia staff member instead of a staff member from NA. Saves any miscommunication that may or may not be there

Spoiler

Ezz #284 Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72791 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

"Question: Why not just get rid of all mods?
Answer: We love mods, we just find some of the mods functions create an unfair advantage, which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods."

This is good in theory, however as demonstrated with AA+, it would be ideal to have the specific functionality listed at the time the community is told something is illegal.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FadingNeptune #285 Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Always blame Hema!

• 32492 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0

View PostElphaba, on 08 November 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

• Auto-aim mods or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the "aim lock" in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the target automatically so that a cheater can focus entirely on manoeuvring their tank

View PostEzz, on 16 November 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

This is good in theory, however as demonstrated with AA+, it would be ideal to have the specific functionality listed at the time the community is told something is illegal.

The function that was specified is in OP?

Spoiler

Saffelicious #286 Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37877 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostEzz, on 16 November 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

In line with consistency across servers...  do they still name and shame on RU?

For mine a cheat forfeits any protection  they could be afforded.

consistency would be good, this is what its all about WG right?

I mean all the mods are going to be consistent across the servers,

And since Russia is the superior master server should we not follow them rather then making special rules here.

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Ezz #287 Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72791 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFlying_Elite, on 16 November 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

The function that was specified is in OP?

The description in the OP was broad, led to pages worth of people discussing it, and was not mentioned in their 'specifically' section of that clause. Had they included the "The ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted" i suspect much of this speculation could have been avoided.

Onto other things...

"Question: When will the cheat detection system start working?
Answer: It is up and running"

Would be possible for WG to supply numbers of players who were using a mod then? For instance how many were using AA+ before and after <gasp> the change?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

tekno #288 Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 23080 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD
 MeatheadMilitia's statement answers IMHO the biggest question I had re:fair play policy...
the detection is up and running....finally...
o7 WG staff....its been late coming, but TYVM
and now the entertainment begins....
PLUS a couple of my clannies who copped mysterious bans are going to have to come up with some rapid and convincing excuses.
yerp, it guts me to say but I think even we in NZAD had some bottom feeders :angry:

edit: as a clan officer I would REALLY like to know when a clan member cops a ban for cheats<visualize large boot>

Edited by tekno, 16 November 2016 - 11:51 AM.

_Death_from_Above_ #289 Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:35 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 27 battles
  • [CLUB] CLUB

View Posttekno, on 16 November 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

MeatheadMilitia's statement answers IMHO the biggest question I had re:fair play policy...
the detection is up and running....finally...
o7 WG staff....its been late coming, but TYVM

It's just a shame that this sort of approach wasn't undertaken when a certain server was merged here and existing players starting reporting these sort of (now) illegal mods in use by the newcomers. Instead all we got back then was an 'I'm considering allowing all mods on this server" message from local management.

Actually, this could lead to getting the "remember password" box back - All we need is someone to dump "illegal" mods on PC's in internet cafe's, and that would remove the "need" for it's absence (Although exactly WHY WG consider players stupid enough to save their password on THIS game client (and hence need protection) and yet allow it to be remembered on other titles and even for sites like their forums, I really do not know.).

View Posttekno, on 16 November 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

edit: as a clan officer I would REALLY like to know when a clan member cops a ban for cheats<visualize large boot>

Go for the simple solution...Anyone not showing up for a week without prior notification in-game to a clan officer is out?

_UsagiTsukino_ #290 Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

Make WoT Great Again

• 42167 battles
  • [RGZ] RGZ

View PostEzz, on 16 November 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

"Question: When will the cheat detection system start working?

Answer: It is up and running"

Would be possible for WG to supply numbers of players who were using a mod then? For instance how many were using AA+ before and after <gasp> the change?

Tbh the only thing I care is the update news from Elphaba, or other Admin from other servers rather than which mods should be allowed. Can't wait till they finish the latest legal mod lists, and the number of banned players per scan section

Till then the improving frequency of Elphaba's posts is the only thing we could expect

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch

Elphaba #291 Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostAtom_Miracle, on 14 November 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

Great, can you confirm about the direction indicator mod ?
Also, fog remover mod, white dead tanks/track, gold ammo visibility mod ?

• Direction indicator: I believe this is already in the vanilla client, unless you're referring to a different one.
  • Fog remover: This is OK.
  • White dead tanks mod: This is OK.
  • Gold ammo visibility mod: Still have to clarify.

View PostJordyBro, on 14 November 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

El, is there any plans for a thread listing those banned? Previous clan wars campaigns players have been able to voice and raise suspicions which have actually resulted in a heap of bans whether it was match fixing or mod use ect.

Would be nice to know this isn't just scare tactics.

Thanks

We won't be listing the names individually but we may release number of bans issued.

View PostWombat756, on 15 November 2016 - 01:19 AM, said:

yes, it is called Battle assistant i believe. it changes the arty view from straight down, to a view along the shells path (from a 90 degree to 45 degrees or whatever). i would be surprised if WG now deemed that it is banned as when it first came out it won some mod innovation prize i think (awarded by WG themselves). but it would be worth checking. despite initially removing all mods, i have now put some back. password saving box, and the auto return crew and equipment mainly (too handy to go without), and i think my only ingame one is the battle assistant for arty as i still play that class (insert arty hate here). if it is now on the wrong side of the divide ill obviously get rid of it again. 

cheers. 

Battle Assistant is OK to use.

Clown skins are still OK to use. This may change in the future, so do keep an eye out for future announcements.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #292 Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81294 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Gold ammo visibility... What about for the hearing-impaired that can't hear the hsssssssss

pantsu-vor~

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

MadHouse10101 #293 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21673 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostElphaba, on 16 November 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

• Direction indicator: I believe this is already in the vanilla client, unless you're referring to a different one.

I think hes talking about this one, if im not mistaken called enemy directions or something like that. Shows when tanks that are currently not on your screen and when a tank can shoot you thats not on your screen, personally if its not banned it should be.

SLAV_KING #294 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• 29991 battles

We won't be listing the names individually but we may release number of bans issued.

Can we actually get actual and official list of illegal mods? What we have now is only rumors.

Cheat detection system works, but I don't know what mods I am allowed to use and what not.

Some say 'fog removal' mod is illegal, some say not. Some say 'extended six sense' mode illegal, some say not.

Can we have clarification please?

Thank you

_UsagiTsukino_ #295 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

Make WoT Great Again

• 42167 battles
  • [RGZ] RGZ

View PostBluefunk, on 16 November 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Gold ammo visibility... What about for the hearing-impaired that can't hear the hsssssssss

Eh for the upcoming premium tank T26E5 or Chieftan both use APCR for normal and gold round, unless you can discriminate them by sound  :ohmy:

View Postmadhouse10101, on 16 November 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

I think hes talking about this one, if im not mistaken called enemy directions or something like that. Shows when tanks that are currently not on your screen and when a tank can shoot you thats not on your screen, personally if its not banned it should be.

This is what i'm referring Elphaba :)

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch

SLAV_KING #296 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• 29991 battles

View Postmadhouse10101, on 16 November 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yes, need information about this direction indicator as well. You still can install it from most popular russian modpack from protanki.tv

This guy who made this modpack is in close contact with Wargaming, because his modpack sends information about installed mods to wargaming for they can gather statistics

SLAV_KING #297 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• 29991 battles

• Gold ammo visibility mod: Still have to clarify.

View PostAtom_Miracle, on 16 November 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Eh for the upcoming premium tank T26E5 or Chieftan both use APCR for normal and gold round, unless you can discriminate them by sound  :ohmy:

There is a mod that shows on your tank 3 types of hits: heat and he (colored with yellow), penetrations (red), no penetrations (green)

This is example:

This mod is also in this popular russian modpack from protanki.tv

So it will be legal or illegal mod?

Edited by TE_party, 16 November 2016 - 03:17 PM.

Elphaba #298 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View Postmadhouse10101, on 16 November 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Thanks for the screenshot. Based on the the feedback from HQ about the Direction Box mod, this is only legal if there's only one arrow pointing to the nearest enemy tank.

View PostTE_party, on 16 November 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

Can we actually get actual and official list of illegal mods? What we have now is only rumors.

Cheat detection system works, but I don't know what mods I am allowed to use and what not.

Some say 'fog removal' mod is illegal, some say not. Some say 'extended six sense' mode illegal, some say not.

Can we have clarification please?

Thank you

Fog removal is OK.

Extended 6th sense sound duration is OK.

Elphaba #299 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostTE_party, on 16 November 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

There is a mod that shows on your tank 3 types of hits: heat and he (colored with yellow), penetrations (red), no penetrations (green)

This is example:

Will check for this one.

ShadowmonkeyX #300 Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

Baby don't derp me... don't derp me, no more

• 21906 battles
  • [RAAC_] RAAC_

View PostTE_party, on 16 November 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

This is example:

Well, I honestly don't see how that could give you an unfair advantage. We already get bounces and non-pens show up as scrapes and stuff and pens show up as holes in your tank as part of vanilla client. Only thing would be HE/HEAT as i don't remember if they leave distinct marks or not.
As for it potentially showing you where you can pen something, it's fairly unreliable as it doesn't distinct between different caliber weapons other than the size of the black hole mark, which is fairly irrelevant as shells that pen on an angled surface leave a elongated black hole unless viewed from the exact impact angle. Besides, there's the options for various armour penetration indicators in the vanilla crosshair options so no advantage there.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users