• Please log in to reply
830 replies to this topic

Splattimus #41 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24496 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostInglorious_Bugger_Austra, on 09 November 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

This is great News and should be applauded, However, why would you choose to hide the infringement from the player and or the community?

Please note that they are under no obligation to provide the player with evidence or explain which mod type the player was found to be using, and will not do so even if requested.

In a first instance Warning, a Player could be using multiple MODS and without being specified "WHICH" is the offending MOD could be led through the system all the way to "PERMA" without a clue as to what is the offending MOD.

I would have thought that making the process visible to all would demonstrate to the community that "ACTION" is "ACTUALLY" taking place instead of the Secret never seen or "Speculated" actions taking place.

For Example the current in game complaint system seems to be nothing more than a "Placiebo Button" that seeming results in nothing happening.

Like I said this is a Great step forward, but the "Never Mention the MOD's Name" stance, is still a sticking point.  IMO 

When you boil it down, there really isn't all that many mods out there. Because the game isn't that complex that it has so many facets to change. There might be 30 crosshair mods, but you can only use one at a time. So it shouldn't be all that hard to figure out which mod is giving the unfair advantage as per the new Info.

My question centers on "In game Armour viewer".

Are we talking:-

1) Clown Skins?

2) The Cursor which tells you the value of the armour its over?

3) The Cursor which takes it one further and tells you the value of armour its over taking into account the angle the shot will take?

4) The See through tank where you can see the modules inside, which was already pounded out over and over again as being illegal in game?

Because to be fair, 1,3 and 4 are unfair advantages, 4 being declared illegal for so long its not funny, but 2 is not much more helpful than what the default game gives you, only in number form.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

TrinityShock #42 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• 25160 battles

I think that not telling players which mod or mods that they are being warned for is a bad mistake to implement. It can lead to the player removing mods that are legal but leaving a mod which is not legal leading to permaban.

In any court of law a felon is always told what his specific offences are otherwise he may not know what he is being punished for.

Personally I have been using the autoaim+ because the vanilla client autoaim sucked for locking onto tanks.

Vanilla autoaim is pathetic when trying to lock on.

Not that I was using aa+ to actually shoot tanks but just as a method of checking to see if I could shoot at tanks quickly.

Guess I just won't bother with autoaim except when circling.

AC-1 Sentinel needs Buffing NOW

Splattimus #43 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24496 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostTrinityShock, on 09 November 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

I think that not telling players which mod or mods that they are being warned for is a bad mistake to implement. It can lead to the player removing mods that are legal but leaving a mod which is not legal leading to permaban.

In any court of law a felon is always told what his specific offences are otherwise he may not know what he is being punished for.

Personally I have been using the autoaim+ because the vanilla client autoaim sucked for locking onto tanks.

Not that I was using aa+ to actually shoot tanks but just as a method of checking to see if I could shoot at tanks quickly.

Reverse problem:-

Player has 2 or more illegal mods, only one pings, tells mod author about it, mod author modifies his mod so it no longer gets caught.

I'm sorry, If I was pinged, I'd remove ALL mods, then ASK the moderator one by one which mod was ok, or submit the list here to the forums.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Flying_Elite #44 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:29 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 27410 battles
  • [CHE] CHE

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 09 November 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

agreed, perhaps the moderators shouldshod post the actual list aswell?

Moderators aren't WG Staff, only staff can confirm if a mod is allowed or not

Edited by Flying_Elite, 09 November 2016 - 07:30 AM.

Spoiler

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #45 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 26519 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFlying_Elite, on 09 November 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

Moderators aren't WG Staff, only staff can confirm if a mod is allowed or not

tanitha plez to confirm then?

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Ezz #46 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 09 November 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

tanitha plez to confirm then?

Under the new policy it would likely need someone with a global view. My guess is getting official word on these things will be slower but at least we can hope for better clarity and consistency for a change.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

__Miracle__ #47 Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:24 AM

Make WoT Great Again

• 37859 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostTrinityShock, on 08 November 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

IMO any mod related auto aim is cheat. It brings significant advantages for who use it. It takes time and skills to quickly aim to the enemy tanks then right click, rather than juz click anywhere in the screen and that mod do that job for you.

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch

tequila_powered #48 Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• 30462 battles

Tanitha, they said the list of banned mods will be standardized internationally.

Previously, I raised the question of numerous Youtube replays showing minimap display where enemy tanks were pointing their guns. The reply then was that it is banned in Asia (good stuff) but not elsewhere. 

With this standardization, will they ban this in rest of world too or are they going to remove the ban in Asia? I hope for the former.

stewiejp #49 Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 41194 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Posttequila_powered, on 09 November 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

Tanitha, they said the list of banned mods will be standardized internationally.

Previously, I raised the question of numerous Youtube replays showing minimap display where enemy tanks were pointing their guns. The reply then was that it is banned in Asia (good stuff) but not elsewhere. 

With this standardization, will they ban this in rest of world too or are they going to remove the ban in Asia? I hope for the former.

It is now banned everywhere as far as I know, even though it is not listed on the Fair Play page, that list is not the full list only some examples.

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

MagicalFlyingFox #50 Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 29989 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Under the new policy it would likely need someone with a global view. My guess is getting official word on these things will be slower but at least we can hope for better clarity and consistency for a change.

EU says AA+ is illegal. But they've always said that and it wasn't before so O_o

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

tequila_powered #51 Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• 30462 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 09 November 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

It is now banned everywhere as far as I know, even though it is not listed on the Fair Play page, that list is not the full list only some examples.

Still running on Nov 6 (date of upload) though, unless the ban happened after Nov 6, or the "illegal" mod is not detectable when running purely replays.

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #52 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

• 26519 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posttequila_powered, on 09 November 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Still running on Nov 6 (date of upload) though, unless the ban happened after Nov 6, or the "illegal" mod is not detectable when running purely replays.

okay where in this replay, time stamp qhere you think this replay is showing illegal mods... if there is none dont waste, time yea?

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

_EzioAuditore_ #53 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58301 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
I think a fair number of people are still running Autoaim+ everything else is pretty much obviously illegal (i.e. all reload timers) or should be removed anway (like clown skins or any kind of xray bs). Really need clarification on Autoaim+ asap else you are probably going to see half the server banned Kappa

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #54 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:06 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 09 November 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

okay where in this replay, time stamp qhere you think this replay is showing illegal mods... if there is none dont waste, time yea?

Take a look at his Mini Map, it shows the Enemy Turret Facings, also Broadcasting where Enemy Tanks are in your view/range at around 5.59 in HUD indicated O Ho is 370 meters away to his right.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

_EzioAuditore_ #55 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58301 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostInglorious_Bugger_Austra, on 09 November 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

Enemy Turret Facings

that is definitely illegal i don't think the other one is illegal though that's a direction indicator which i'm really sure is legal. Never used though its too tacky. But yes the enemy turret direction is def 100% illegal.

Edited by _EzioAuditore_, 09 November 2016 - 10:10 AM.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #56 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Major

• 10950 battles
I thought the HUD Notification of an Enemy that was not "INFRONT" of you (Ie within your Current View Facing) was Illegal.  Could be wrong though?

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

TrinityShock #57 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• 25160 battles
The developer of autoaim+ has removed the autosnap aspect of that mod now. It should now be a legal mod.

AC-1 Sentinel needs Buffing NOW

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #58 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

• 26519 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTrinityShock, on 09 November 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

The developer of autoaim+ has removed the autosnap aspect of that mod now. It should now be a legal mod.

something we are currently waiting for tanitha/a wg staff to confirm for us. because the wording in the OP specified towards aimbots or the autoaimsnap (the one that doesnt need you to right click)

Edited by Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, 09 November 2016 - 10:20 AM.

Magyar #59 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• 30893 battles

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 09 November 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think a fair number of people are still running Autoaim+ everything else is pretty much obviously illegal (i.e. all reload timers) or should be removed anway (like clown skins or any kind of xray bs). Really need clarification on Autoaim+ asap else you are probably going to see half the server banned Kappa

"Auto-aim mods or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the "aim lock" in the vanilla client"  says to me it is bnned

NiceGuy_Saffe #60 Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 36160 battles

View PostProloser, on 09 November 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Illegal client side mods are generally hard to prove with replays sent from other people. They said they are developing some new 'technologies' in order to detect these illegal mods, so I guess that's how they plan to catch them.

IMO, all they need to do is implement XVM in the game (with the option to turn it off for people like me who don't want it) and then disable mods completely; problem solved...

Yes more xvm sniping.

great idea.

View PostTrumz, on 09 November 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

How can this be determined? I mean i have pretty much fast fingers  with average 110-120WPM,  I can repair tracks (with Large repair KIT) almost instantaneously.

I think is in regards to that mod that means you can run small repair kits / small fire ext but they kick in auto?

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users