Fair Play Policy

• Please log in to reply
820 replies to this topic

SphinX_AU #801 Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

Corporal

• 18491 battles
v30/31 isn't too bad tbh. Personally I only lose ~20wn8 overall, but some of the numbers on tanks jump to ridiculous levels from what they were on v29.

Profanisaurus #802 Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Sorry Sphinx.  SHould have quted.  That was aimed at Kreammer.  I suspect he's going to get a nasty fright.

(I'm up about 40 WN8 in v30 so pretty happy about that)

SphinX_AU #803 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

Corporal

• 18491 battles
Redline warrior that's not even good at redlining. Yeah, it's gunna be tasty, all the pubbies will flock here to complain because their digital numbers are even closer to 0.

Ezz #804 Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Hi Elphaba,

Just to get around some of the confusion relating to AutoAim+ and its implementation in game - can you confirm whether it is currently legal in any form or is it still illegal? If there are legal versions how will a player know it is a legal version they are using? And further, has the original policy been updated or does it still read...

"

• Auto-aim mods or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the "aim lock" in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the target automatically so that a cheater can focus entirely on manoeuvring their tank"

Thanks in advance.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

IVORK #805 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13873 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
AutoAim+ is illegal if it'll lock into the tank when you're not directly aiming at it, the legal version is what is currently in Aslains, that'll extend the time where the autoaim is active meaning you can swipe over and it'll lock. 

*Online interactions not rated by the SERB

Ezz #806 Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostIVORK, on 08 June 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

AutoAim+ is illegal if it'll lock into the tank when you're not directly aiming at it, the legal version is what is currently in Aslains, that'll extend the time where the autoaim is active meaning you can swipe over and it'll lock. 

So as above, is there any way for a player to know this by version or should they just trust the mod makers? Given both are implementations of what was deemed illegal previously (extending vanilla auto aim) it would be excellent to hear from WG directly on this. Ie, did their policy change?

Edited by Ezz, 08 June 2017 - 07:04 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ezz #807 Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So elphaba, if you're needing a distraction from the anime tank mess, feel free to address the questions above.

Elphaba #808 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostEzz, on 01 June 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

Hi Elphaba,

Just to get around some of the confusion relating to AutoAim+ and its implementation in game - can you confirm whether it is currently legal in any form or is it still illegal? If there are legal versions how will a player know it is a legal version they are using? And further, has the original policy been updated or does it still read...

"

• Auto-aim mods or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the "aim lock" in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the target automatically so that a cheater can focus entirely on manoeuvring their tank"

Thanks in advance.

View PostIVORK, on 07 June 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

View PostEzz, on 07 June 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

So as above, is there any way for a player to know this by version or should they just trust the mod makers? Given both are implementations of what was deemed illegal previously (extending vanilla auto aim) it would be excellent to hear from WG directly on this. Ie, did their policy change?

I honestly didn't see these until today, so do send me a PM if there's something that needs my attention and I don't see it immediately.

With regards to AutoAim+, the mod maker has removed the functionality that made it illegal, so for now, it's okay to use.

Link to EU forum about it: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441413-0919-autoaim-indicationaddins-no-proximity-snapping-for-autoaim-but/

Ezz #809 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So i guess the question remains, how does one know if they are using a legal version? Given there is apparently an illegal AA+ and a legal AA+ going around. Or are you giving the ok for users to use AA+ on the assumption that it is a legal version?

Elphaba #810 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostEzz, on 05 July 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

So i guess the question remains, how does one know if they are using a legal version? Given there is apparently an illegal AA+ and a legal AA+ going around. Or are you giving the ok for users to use AA+ on the assumption that it is a legal version?

Just get it from the EU thread to be safe since I got that one from the fair play guys.

Edited by Elphaba, 05 July 2017 - 06:36 PM.

Ezz #811 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ok thanks. Seems odd that we'd need to refer to some thread on a different region forum. Are you able to elaborate at all on what it is that changed to shift AA+ out of that illegal grey area?

Elphaba #812 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostEzz, on 05 July 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Ok thanks. Seems odd that we'd need to refer to some thread on a different region forum. Are you able to elaborate at all on what it is that changed to shift AA+ out of that illegal grey area?

It's actually the first thing in the EU thread post -- basically no longer snaps to tanks that aren't in your crosshairs.

Ezz #813 Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60910 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostElphaba, on 05 July 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

It's actually the first thing in the EU thread post -- basically no longer snaps to tanks that aren't in your crosshairs.

Ahh cool, thanks.

I guess the point i was making was that previously AA+ was banned because it added extra functionality over the vanilla AA, and for all intents and purposes this 'legal' AA+ does the same. So seems odd the grey area shifted.

Yamato_Orion #814 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Private

• 3429 battles

So i have a question regarding this 2 mods:

• Safe Shot, [edited]
  • Direction guns enemies on the minimap, [edited]

Are these considered as illegal mods or not?

Linking to illegal mod packs; content removed.

~ElderCyclops

Please note that linking to illegal contents is strictly prohibited within the forums.

Edited by ElderCyclops, 29 October 2017 - 08:12 PM.
Illegal contents.

All is fair in love and war.

The_Salty_Brit_ #815 Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

One simply does not..

• 14993 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

View PostYamato_Orion, on 25 October 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

• Safe Shot, [edited]

as far as I am aware, safe shot is legal, since it only stops you from 'accidentally' hitting one of your own team mates and doesn't offer a direct in-game advantage, whereas the 'enemy gun directions' is DEFINITELY illegal, since showing where the enemy is pointing their gun offers a distinct advantage and it not intended by WG.

Edited by ElderCyclops, 29 October 2017 - 08:14 PM.
Illegal content removed.

2 MoEs : Crusader / Firefly  / Achilles / Comet / Caernarvon / Centurion 1 

Spoiler

struth #816 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Crikey

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 42540 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Does it exist anymore guys, I come across my fair share of players pulling off multiple shots that should not happen and definitely AA+ is still in use.

Edited by struth, 27 October 2017 - 12:03 PM.

jumphonner #817 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• 45803 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

View Poststruth, on 27 October 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Does it exist anymore guys, I come across my fair share of players pulling off multiple shots that should not happen and definitely AA+ is still in use.

Mate, it was all ping related. Problem solved 6pm AEDST 1 November.

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

Centurion_IRL #818 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 28483 battles

There is already a major thread dedicated to this subject, why start another?

Threads merged

>Centurion_IRL

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

"There's a reason you go to a zoo and you don't get eaten by Lions, they're in the cages. That's how that works."

struth #819 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

Crikey

• 42540 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The "legal" AA+ keeps the auto aim function activated for up to 5 seconds while you try to scroll onto the enemy tank, but still will not snap to nearest or those behind cover.

I think

AKASHA178 #820 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Smurfette

• 32511 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostYamato_Orion, on 25 October 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

• Safe Shot, [edited]

please remove the link, the website provides the illegal mods as well as legal one, dont give the cheaters the link 

Edited by ElderCyclops, 29 October 2017 - 08:14 PM.
Illegal content removed.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users