Jump to content


Fair Play Policy


  • Please log in to reply
867 replies to this topic

HartOz #81 Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 21121 battles
  • 316
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

That stuff was illegal already. This unified approach doesn't appear to change how they detect them yet. Hopefully that's stage two.

 

Yeah having to pussyfoot on the map during CW battles especially when facing "certain" clans is a pain.

Still when you send one fast tank to other side of map to knock stuff down, it's funny watching the enemy wasting their time. LOL


 

 

 


Jf1ZzLe #82 Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 26616 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    10-08-2012

View PostHartOz, on 09 November 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

Yeah having to pussyfoot on the map during CW battles especially when facing "certain" clans is a pain.

Still when you send one fast tank to other side of map to knock stuff down, it's funny watching the enemy wasting their time. LOL

 

Hahaha true

tequila_powered #83 Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 37585 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    06-14-2013

View PostInglorious_Bugger_Austra, on 09 November 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

 

Take a look at his Mini Map, it shows the Enemy Turret Facings, also Broadcasting where Enemy Tanks are in your view/range at around 5.59 in HUD indicated O Ho is 370 meters away to his right.

 

 

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 09 November 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:

that is definitely illegal i don't think the other one is illegal though that's a direction indicator which i'm really sure is legal. Never used though its too tacky. But yes the enemy turret direction is def 100% illegal.

 

yup, any tank within the 500m range (even if you don't have LoS as long as an ally is spotting the enemy) will have its turret direction shown on minimap.

 

The IS3 at one stage was hidden behind the ridge and no one could spot him (3.52). But the moment another ally lit him up (the ISU cannot see him) at 3.54, the directional "headlights" came back on. Also, the unfortunate TigerII that was heading down to friendly cap - at 4.26 as he was rushing down, his turret was facing back up the main hill. Voila, the directional "headlights" for this tank showed facing up to the Obj704 versus his own movement path direction. Then at about 4.34 Tiger finally spotted the arty hidden in front of him and directional "headlights" swung around. 

 

It is good that this stays banned.

 

 

 


Edited by tequila_powered, 09 November 2016 - 02:08 PM.


name_violation2001725501 #84 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13625 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013
So, any ASIA SERVER officials here? Need some clarification on AutoAim+

_Adamas_ #85 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

    Make WoT Great Again

  • Member
  • 41362 battles
  • 580
  • [DJ] DJ
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 04:37 AM, said:

 

And yet nothing has been mentioned here. You wonder how well they are going to maintain a unified approach given the current situation.

 

I just provide some opinions from other servers, which contributes to player's awareness. Maybe it will be disclosed by WG here, hope so.
It is understandable that not every players are good but some bad players would find a way to improve their aim circle by using game modification instead of trying to improve themselves. 

 

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch
 


TrinityShock #86 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 29976 battles
  • 339
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

Just remove autoaim altogether and have everyone manually aim. Problem solved.

Light tanks will have to actually aim when they circle.


Make arty great again.

 

We wanted better MM, they gave us Wheelies 

 

I don't play arty anymore since the nerf, but then again I haven't given WG any more money since then either.


Troll_Bait #87 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 14659 battles
  • 6
  • [T_G_] T_G_
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
I think it is about time too. Is there a list somewhere with named Mods? Because up till now I have relied on trust when people recommend something to me. And I don't want to get any surprises.

Ezz #88 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • 36,414
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostAtom_Miracle, on 09 November 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

I just provide some opinions from other servers, which contributes to player's awareness. Maybe it will be disclosed by WG here, hope so.

It is understandable that not every players are good but some bad players would find a way to improve their aim circle by using game modification instead of trying to improve themselves. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, i doubt many would argue AA+ does not provide any advantage, but i guess the real question is how much, and what WG will do about it.

 

Consider a scale of advantage say from 0 to 5. Some things low on that scale have existed and were deemed legal for years. Things like skins, range circles, last known positions etc., clearly didn't go over whatever they deemed as the acceptable threshold of advantage. Things like aimbots, destruction mods etc. clearly do. But of course aimbots are going to be higher on that advantage scale - let's say a 4 or 5 for instance - while AA+ would be considerably lower, let's say a 1 or 2. The question will then be how WG first set that 'acceptable threshold', and second by what means do they classify each mod on that scale.


Edited by Ezz, 09 November 2016 - 03:33 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


_Adamas_ #89 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

    Make WoT Great Again

  • Member
  • 41362 battles
  • 580
  • [DJ] DJ
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

. The question will then be how WG first set that 'acceptable threshold', and second by what means do they classify each mod on that scale.


The question is when, since they are messing up with the Campaign 5.0 :trollface:


 

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch
 


name_violation2001725501 #90 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13625 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

View PostEzz, on 09 November 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, i doubt many would argue AA+ does not provide any advantage, but i guess the real question is how much, and what WG will do about it.

 

Consider a scale of advantage say from 0 to 5. Some things low on that scale have existed and were deemed legal for years. Things like skins, range circles, last known positions etc., clearly didn't go over whatever they deemed as the acceptable threshold of advantage. Things like aimbots, destruction mods etc. clearly do. But of course aimbots are going to be higher on that advantage scale - let's say a 4 or 5 for instance - while AA+ would be considerably lower, let's say a 1 or 2. The question will then be how WG first set that 'acceptable threshold', and second by what means do they classify each mod on that scale.

 

Back to when Last Known Location was not implement to minimap of vanilla client, I'd say that it's a 4 or 5.

Dfektiv #91 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 5283 battles
  • 20
  • [NGR] NGR
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

Hi

So "Software that leaves “ghosts” of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, indicating where they were last detected" isn't talking about on the mini map, is that correct?

The WoT mini map allows ghosts of "last know positions" direct from settings.

 

As for "checking of RES_MODS folder on start up" that would cause it's own issues, you would have to run the entire script to know what it does, each mod is written differently and can do the same thing in the end.

Quickybaby's damagelog is a perfect example, it does the same thing as lots of others, but you can't take that exact part and run it alongside another mod pack (I've tried), it overrides parts of other mods, and generally causes issues.

Doing name searches for mods is a waste of time, gambits hitlog is used in lots of mods packs and gets heavily modified in each one, generally the writer will change the name also, which you can do to any mod

 

Currently i run "BareBones no-stats" and "grandpa's hit logs" for in game play, depending on how the software searches for the mods..

If this just looking for the scripts, i could get banned, because they're on my PC.

If it actually runs the game, half the scripts are disabled but still able to be used, such as the reload timer.

 

 



Elphaba #92 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

    Private

  • Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles
  • 2,573
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

AutoAim+ is considered a cheat.

 

Currently taking down other questions for clarification purposes. What I have right now are the following:

  • Enemy reload time indicator.
  • In-battle armour viewers.


name_violation2001725501 #93 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13625 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

View PostDfektiv, on 09 November 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Hi

So "Software that leaves “ghosts” of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, indicating where they were last detected" isn't talking about on the mini map, is that correct?

The WoT mini map allows ghosts of "last know positions" direct from settings.

 

 

No, It is not. This is talking about the mod that will leave a 3D model (transparent or not) in the actual battle at the last position when going non-visible, letting you could continue fire that location.



SLAV_ROBIN #94 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

    Professional Runner Away-er

  • Member
  • 31141 battles
  • 1,345
  • [FORT] FORT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

View PostElphaba, on 09 November 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

AutoAim+ is considered a cheat.

 

Currently taking down other questions for clarification purposes. What I have right now are the following:

  • Enemy reload time indicator.
  • In-battle armour viewers.

well done, so when are you going to fix the server issues so that gameplay on a connection level is fair. so that players dont have to play with UNFAIR LEVELS OF PING

:harp::harp::hiding::harp::harp:

because that is the only reason the use of auto aim + is common use in this server. because this is the only server where 60% of the [edited] population is over 100 MS PING!@!@
 


2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

 

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM


Elphaba #95 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

    Private

  • Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles
  • 2,573
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 09 November 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

well done, so when are you going to fix the server issues so that gameplay on a connection level is fair. so that players dont have to play with UNFAIR LEVELS OF PING

:harp::harp::hiding::harp::harp:

because that is the only reason the use of auto aim + is common use in this server. because this is the only server where 60% of the [edited] population is over 100 MS PING!@!@
 

 

Ping is under connectivity issues and should be coursed through our support page.

Weebl #96 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 15027 battles
  • 1,442
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

View PostElphaba, on 09 November 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

 

Ping is under connectivity issues and should be coursed through our support page.

So can WG change the speed of light?

 

even the very best connection from NZ or Aus is limited by the sheer distance, the signal has to travel from one place to the other, and back. And that is a physical limitation that no amount of effort by WG support can fix unless they manage to change the laws of physics. 



_Adamas_ #97 Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

    Make WoT Great Again

  • Member
  • 41362 battles
  • 580
  • [DJ] DJ
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013

View PostElphaba, on 09 November 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

AutoAim+ is considered a cheat.

 

Currently taking down other questions for clarification purposes. What I have right now are the following:

  • Enemy reload time indicator.
  • In-battle armour viewers.

 

Well done :teethhappy:

 

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch
 


Ezz #98 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • 36,414
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Elpha, out of curiosity is there a review process behind this? eg around AA+ the suspicion is it's heavily used and will be missed by many,  yet is now illegal.  It's a considerable change.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Elite_The_Authentic #99 Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 47803 battles
  • 311
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

View PostTrumz, on 09 November 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

 

 

How can this be determined? I mean i have pretty much fast fingers  with average 110-120WPM,  I can repair tracks (with Large repair KIT) almost instantaneously.

 

Yea same here, but with a small repair kit. Pretty fast reflexes tbh... can put off a fire with manual extinguisher within 1 or 2 ticks of fire. The trick lies in using 'Space Bar' for extinguisher rather than the '6' key. But a few people have watched my replays on FB and dont agree with that trick like dumba$$es. But hope WG is not using that kind of measure to ban people and actually use some kind of software to detect the usage of mods :)

3 MoE : IS-7, IS-4, Obj. 277, Obj. 140, Obj. 430U, 113, 5A, 121, T110E5, T57, T110E4, M48 Patton, FV215b, S.Conq, CAX, Kranvagn, 50B, BC, 30B, STB-1, Leo 1, Grille 15, TVP T50/51

T-10, M103, T54E1, IS-3, T32, WZ-111, Progetto 46, M4A1 Rev, CDC, FV4202, Ru 251, M41 90 GF, T-34-85M, T37

 


Horse_the_mountain_goat #100 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 49405 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

I have a question. It it rather effects a possible return to the game.

Has anything actually changed other finally issuing a statement that WG  is taking a hard stand on mods.

Has software been implemented into the game to check resmods files or anything remotely useful to track down these cheaters?

Or is this all bark and no bite?

Or is this like the old gold league where we were all told we had to download special software before entering games because it checked for illegal mods. Which was really only a mod for the casters.

 

 


Edited by Gingerbread_man, 09 November 2016 - 06:19 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users