WOT ASIA Meet the Live Streamers / Video Contributors

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #21 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

They've all put a damn sight more effort to 'contribute' than you have. 

View Poststewiejp, on 05 May 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

Easier to snipe from the sides than provide any constructive ideas

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

s70blackhawk #22 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:50 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 24062 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 06 May 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

They've all put a damn sight more effort to 'contribute' than you have. 

And I'm not posing as a CC...

And no, they "ALL" haven't put a damn sight more effort to "contribute." Stewie certainly does, I've acknowledged that. And I apologise for tarnishing you with that brush Stewie. But stats don't lie, and using an excuse we are just a small server is a defeatist attitude we don't need.

I hope he grows his channel even more now that WG are placing minimumus in order to get recognition. And perhaps this will inspire other CCs to do bigger and better things.

Good luck Australia!

What you are doing right now is a typical straw man argument, which I wouldn't of thought less... Go back to streaming to 3 viewers on twitch.

Edited by s70blackhawk, 06 May 2020 - 02:26 PM.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

mttspiii #23 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36302 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View Posts70blackhawk, on 06 May 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

And I'm not posing as a CC...

And no, they "ALL" haven't put a damn sight more effort to "contribute." Stewie certainly does, I've acknowledged that. And I apologise for tarnishing you with that brush Stewie. But stats don't lie, and using an excuse we are just a small server is a defeatist attitude we don't need.

I hope he grows his channel even more now that WG are placing minimumus in order to get recognition. And perhaps this will inspire other CCs to do bigger and better things.

Good luck Australia!

What you are doing right now is a typical straw man argument, which I wouldn't of thought less... Go back to streaming to 3 viewers on twitch.

So...how would a CC improve his/her show in your opinion? What should they add?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

s70blackhawk #24 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

• 24062 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View Postmttspiii, on 06 May 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

So...how would a CC improve his/her show in your opinion? What should they add?

I've already stated it previously.

It's more than just twitch streaming. More than just YouTube posts of twitch streaming or no commentary replays.

For example, Stewie (and all the others I've referred to) is actually doing instructional videos on new modes, doing analysis of new tanks etc...

Posting a YouTube videos with max 1K views is an obvious number that states you need to make more interesting content? Kinda thought this was obvious.

The really good contributors will also put their reputation on the line and call out BS to WG. SirFoch's rants are a great example. This is actually one of the best contributions that may even get things changed in the game.

Edited by s70blackhawk, 06 May 2020 - 02:48 PM.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 

Napalmer #25 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 56331 battles
  • [DRANK] DRANK

View Posts70blackhawk, on 04 May 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

So the new rules of getting community contributor will be interesting. Considering our self appointed elite will now actually have to do some work and not just passively stream twitch. With the average views about 10-15 watching I'm thinking they will stay at recruit.

I don't hold my hopes high for Australian "contributors." They just don't contribute like the other countries' major players. Perhaps they could learn a thing or two about what it means to be a community contributor and actually produce some proper content. Does this mean WG will take their title away until they reapply and then prove themselves?

I hope so. Maybe Australia can actually produce some quality content, rather than what we have now which is nothing but "live streamers" posing as "community contributors."

I think WG are certainly going the steps in the right direction for forcing these people to do more than just tanks ASMR...

Hi buddy.

I take it most of your nonsense was directed at me, so here I am.

Just thought you'd like to know that I'm a solid level 2 CC and am on track to keep climbing.

As for the swipe at ANZ CCs in general, what you fail to understand is that the playerbase for ANZ is much smaller than say NA or EU. Because our timezones are significantly different, we don't often share the potential audiences. Unless you expect me to start at 4AM and then compete with the EU CCs, I would reconsider your concept of a 'defeatist attitude'. Also, considering you seem to fanboy most about QB and Claus, I think it says a lot about your taste in content.

I find this quote from you quite puzzling:
"Doesn't mean you shouldn't try... Doesn't mean WG should hand out CC badges to those who don't actually "contribute" either."
You imply that us CCs are along for a free ride. 
Reality check. We have lives. Most of us stream at least 3 days a week for at least 3 hours. Personally, it takes about an hour for me to prepare for a stream (camera settings, etc.). That doesn't even factor in all the organisation that goes on behind the scenes that you don't see.

I also personally organise ANZ frontlines on a discord server, which now has almost 900 people in it. I am also looking to partner with Discord because of that, something that certainly isn't easy to achieve. As one of the CCs who with the support of WG revived ANZ Frontlines, I guess I'm one of those Australian 'CCs' that don't contribute at all to the growth of the game in the region. :)

I also reached out to multiple other CCs on Monday to Squad Stream with CynicalSilicon 'Road to Berlin', as a means of promoting it. Just because I'm not spamming out YouTube videos with the content that you want to hear ("waah, gold spam, waah premium tanks, waah wg bad" etc.), doesn't mean that I don't put in effort. Our ANZ CCs are already hard at work on new content that isn't just 'watch this player play a good game' too, so no idea why you seem so negative. Happy to link some of my articles featured on the portal if you're interested too.

I've also noticed that you don't seem to contribute much to the forums. Mostly whining and complaining, and you barely even play. Not exactly the best position to judge others who are actually putting effort in.

CC Program 2.0 is a way to make it fair for all in terms of how we are rewarded. It also serves as a way for us to get more support when we need it and help us aspire and grow. It is not an excuse for you to start accusing us of being freeloaders.

I would suggest you act more maturely, instead of finding any means possible to insult others.

Edited by Napalmer, 06 May 2020 - 02:51 PM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

mttspiii #26 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36302 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View Posts70blackhawk, on 06 May 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

I've already stated it previously.

It's more than just twitch streaming. More than just YouTube posts of twitch streaming or no commentary replays.

For example, Stewie (and all the others I've referred to) is actually doing instructional videos on new modes, doing analysis of new tanks etc...

Posting a YouTube videos with max 1K views is an obvious number that states you need to make more interesting content? Kinda thought this was obvious.

The really good contributors will also put their reputation on the line and call out BS to WG. SirFoch's rants are a great example. This is actually one of the best contributions that may even get things changed in the game.

I dunno, why would I watch a Nappa tank review when QB or Dez could review the tank first? It's looking redundant to me.

But eh, maybe why not? Aussie humor can freshen up an otherwise-boring WoT video, while an ASIA-specific breaking-the-campers metagame guide is always a big help.

s70blackhawk #27 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:01 PM

• 24062 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostNapalmer, on 06 May 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

I take it most of your nonsense was directed at me, so here I am.

I would suggest you act more maturely, instead of finding any means possible to insult others.

Nope, don't feel as if I follow or care about you at all mate. I forgot all about you.

Another straw man argument (reference the under the radar insults). And from the same pool as the previous commenter. Don't want to turn this into CR/D. (which WG decided to remove..)

Continue using low server count, timezones and life outside of tanks as excuses buddy.

And if it really takes you an hour to setup your webcam to stream you should really look at getting a helper....?

You are right about one thing though, "CC Program 2.0 is a way to make it fair for all in terms of how we are rewarded. It also serves as a way for us to get more support when we need it and help us aspire and grow."

Good luck to you all.

Edited by s70blackhawk, 06 May 2020 - 03:15 PM.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 

Napalmer #28 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 56331 battles
  • [DRANK] DRANK

View Postmttspiii, on 06 May 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

I dunno, why would I watch a Nappa tank review when QB or Dez could review the tank first? It's looking redundant to me.

But eh, maybe why not? Aussie humor can freshen up an otherwise-boring WoT video, while an ASIA-specific breaking-the-campers metagame guide is always a big help.

Funny that. Almost like EU has forever been beating us on NDAs and our CCs have been getting annoyed about it. Some CCs are considered more equal than others.

Not exactly easy for ASIA CCs in general when we get given the short straw. For example, we got rentals for the IS-2S when the event went live. Meanwhile QB already had a video recorded.

With a bit of luck, CC 2.0 is implemented on all servers, so we all get given the resources at the same time.

View Posts70blackhawk, on 06 May 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

Nope, don't feel as if I follow or care about you at all mate. I forgot all about you.

Another straw man argument (reference the under the radar insults). And from the same pool as the previous commenter. Don't want to turn this into CR/D. (which WG decided to remove..)

Continue using low server count, timezones and life outside of tanks as excuses buddy.

And if it really takes you an hour to setup your webcam to stream you should really look at getting a helper....?

You are right about one thing though, "CC Program 2.0 is a way to make it fair for all in terms of how we are rewarded. It also serves as a way for us to get more support when we need it and help us aspire and grow."

Good luck to you all.

Sure you did. ;)

Also, you can't just call straw man every time somebody disagrees with you. That's not how it works.

And forgive me. I will be sure to quit my job and uni degree, play tanks 12 hours a day every day, move to EU for a better community. Thanks for the advice.

As for webcam settings, that alone takes about 20 minutes to configure as the Logitech cameras do not remember manual settings in OBS. I could use the auto settings like a lot of others, but that would mean I can't use a green screen correctly.

Speaking of the green screen, that also takes up most of the time. It has to be set up, and I have to move my Key Light into the room (It's not exactly ideal to have a massive light next to your monitor all the time, especially when it isn't being used). A few other minor things and it's about 30-50 minutes. Completely irrelevant to the current topic at hand of course, but thought I would clear it all up.

And just to clear up what I meant by what you agreed with me on. I'm not saying 2.0 punishes CCs that don't do as much. I'm saying that it's more transparent about where we fit in the grand scheme and encourages us to move up.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

MagicalFlyingFox #29 Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posts70blackhawk, on 06 May 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

Ah yes, because I have obviously touted myself as the premier ANZ CC Streamer pro gamer. 

The only strawman here is not even bothering to counter the obvious TZ, server size differences and the fact that this is a niche game with a niche audience that is already served by prominent CCs on youtube. Your only point is 'just do it lol'.

Its easy to devalue the effort people make when you are ignorant to what they actualy do.

I'm not sure what you're picking up but I'm not insinuating anything. Everything I have written should be taken at face value. There is no 'under the table insult'.

The quote from earlier is my whole opinion of your argument.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 06 May 2020 - 04:15 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

mttspiii #30 Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36302 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View PostNapalmer, on 06 May 2020 - 03:26 PM, said:

Funny that. Almost like EU has forever been beating us on NDAs and our CCs have been getting annoyed about it. Some CCs are considered more equal than others.

Not exactly easy for ASIA CCs in general when we get given the short straw. For example, we got rentals for the IS-2S when the event went live. Meanwhile QB already had a video recorded.

With a bit of luck, CC 2.0 is implemented on all servers, so we all get given the resources at the same time.

Well, shiiiit...what does ASIA have to offer that other servers don't?

Sure you did. ;)

Also, you can't just call straw man every time somebody disagrees with you. That's not how it works.

And forgive me. I will be sure to quit my job and uni degree, play tanks 12 hours a day every day, move to EU for a better community. Thanks for the advice.

As for webcam settings, that alone takes about 20 minutes to configure as the Logitech cameras do not remember manual settings in OBS. I could use the auto settings like a lot of others, but that would mean I can't use a green screen correctly.

Speaking of the green screen, that also takes up most of the time. It has to be set up, and I have to move my Key Light into the room (It's not exactly ideal to have a massive light next to your monitor all the time, especially when it isn't being used). A few other minor things and it's about 30-50 minutes. Completely irrelevant to the current topic at hand of course, but thought I would clear it all up.

Nappa, why not make a video about how long it takes to set up your system, like a meta-video for the uninformed? A Day In The Life of a CC Streamer :P

And just to clear up what I meant by what you agreed with me on. I'm not saying 2.0 punishes CCs that don't do as much. I'm saying that it's more transparent about where we fit in the grand scheme and encourages us to move up.

View Posts70blackhawk, on 06 May 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

That said, server count and life outside of Tanks are important for keeping our CC's functional and somewhat alive. There's not many viewers in ASIA, so not enough streaming revenue for a CC's upkeep (feeding, clothing, housing a CC), so CC has to get a job outside of WoT.

It's a 10-year old game after all; this is more of a passion project than actual employment with the numbers we're having.

stewiejp #31 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:23 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 55037 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Thanks for the feedback blackhawk - I think - and yeah sure there are massive differences in the ANZ CC group compared to the others, numbers and likely budgets included - but don't worry that won't slow us down - and we know we are miles ahead of the rest of the world - don't worry - they will catch up one day! :B For what it's worth the CC 2.0 programme was another brilliant WoT Asia initiative - just like the MM changes a while back (the ones which relegated the old 3/5/7 MM to last preference instead of first - thanks to our awesome players' feedback as well as a bit of testing). An initiative we are all over. :izmena:

I can assure you nobody that I know of is at the "recruit" level of the new programme - not that we would not welcome and support anyone who was. Viewer numbers if anybody is interested I think a lot of the numbers come up when you take a peek at the individual channels. If not - simply ask and I am happy to share any of my figures publicly. 

So who are the "self appointed elite" - sounds like one of my old employers!! (NOT my current one - if you are watching!  :harp:)

Fear not - the new programme is not only an incentive to reach goals (something I find in real life people simply do better when goals are out there and achievable) but also grow as a community. Ask yourself this - is the real Community Contributor (emphasis on Contributor) - the one who makes it his or her job/career and rakes in the squillions of dollars whilst living the rock and roll movie star lifestyle (hats off to them - well deserved) - or the one who does it off their own bat, for the love of the game, community and interaction with other like minded players.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Maybe we'll do an AMA!? :great:

#GetOnBoard Studios  - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP <--- Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

IMC_Jimmy #32 Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:17 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 21964 battles
  • [KING5] KING5

Just wondering if I would be a good candidate for a C.C? 

How the play this game drunk az and still have fun. Post me your thoughts and I will apply:)

www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

Napalmer #33 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 56331 battles
  • [DRANK] DRANK

View PostIMC_Jimmy, on 07 May 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

Just wondering if I would be a good candidate for a C.C? 

How the play this game drunk az and still have fun. Post me your thoughts and I will apply:)

Jimmy, I think you contribute more to this game than everyone else combined. :hiding:

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

stewiejp #34 Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 55037 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostIMC_Jimmy, on 07 May 2020 - 06:17 AM, said:

Post me your thoughts and I will apply:)

Here's a thought - Click this link Jimmy!  Maximum 3 clips - would be hard to select the best 3 but happy to help!

View PostNapalmer, on 07 May 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Jimmy, I think you contribute more to this game than everyone else combined. :hiding:

Dan Murphy said the same thing as it happens... 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP <--- Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

llIObjekt_907IIl #35 Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:14 AM

Private

• 22948 battles
  • [TH_UV] TH_UV
I want to be a streamer and how do I become like them?

llIObjekt_907IIl #36 Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:15 AM

Private

• 22948 battles
  • [TH_UV] TH_UV
I want to be a streamer and how do I become like them?

kovacs #37 Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:53 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 33603 battles

Edited by kovacs, 07 March 2021 - 10:43 PM.

llIObjekt_907IIl #38 Posted 26 January 2021 - 12:16 PM

Private

• 22948 battles
  • [TH_UV] TH_UV

View Postkovacs, on 26 January 2021 - 11:53 AM, said:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/announcements/community-contributors-cc-programme-2-0/

thanks you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users